009

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

Jungah sighed as she made herself comfortable inside the car, Shownu slid into the driver seat and then he handed her a white folder.

“What’s this?” She asked as she took it from him, Shownu leaned back on the seat before speaking.

“Changkyun received reports of a hacking at your father’s office earlier, Wonho forwarded those.”

“His office? But why?” She murmured as she opened the folder, she paused. There were photos of her inside, even the schools she went to and her home address.

“The hacker was not after any of your father’s cases, or transactions. But,” Shownu pointed towards her graduation photo, she pursed her lips.

“They managed to access data about you.”

“I don’t get it…Why~”

“Jungah, these people are probably aware of your father’s relationship with us. It’s lucky that the late chairwoman wasn’t mentioned in any of the files, but~”

“This is why I told him not to bother with the Yoos.” She muttered to herself, Shownu’s brows went up.

“Oh no, I meant, not to meddle with the business. I love the Yoos, grandpa and grandma Yoo are the best. But, it’s the work and all…these stuff that kind of…Anyway, you’re telling me this, because?”

Shownu almost sighed.

“You’re in danger.”

“They just wanted to know about me, so what?” She sighed at him, Shownu shook his head at her.

“We don’t know what these people want, Jungah. Now that they’ve found out attorney Chang has a daughter, you might become their next target.”

“I doubt that, it is quite obvious that I know nothing of his dealings. By paper, I’m not even supposed to know you, One Dot.”

Shownu eyed her warily, she smiled at him.

“So, can I get to~”

“You have now four assigned guards, and they are no longer to wait for you at your home.”

“What?”

“Two will patrol around your house; the other two will be following you.”

“But, that’s~”

“Not open for negotiation.” Shownu finished, Jungah pressed her lips together.

“That’s totally unnecessary, you know that.” She pointed out, Shownu didn’t reply. Jungah ran her fingers through her hair.

“I’m trying to live a normal life, Son Hyunwoo. I can’t have guards shadowing my~”

“Your cousin had to leave this morning, and he won’t be back in two or three weeks, Jungah.”

Jungah paused, suddenly remembering that Kihyun had asked her to call him last night. But she forgot to.

“W—Well,”

“You’re under my care, I can’t be juggling my work, my other job and you all at the same time.” He pointed out.

“I didn’t ask to be babysat. I know you guys are all busy, but really I’m fine, and I don’t think~”

“The other two will be at your place by the time you get home tonight. Please be nice to them.” Shownu said, Jungah glared at him.

“I am nice.”

“Sure.” Shownu replied, Jungah rolled her eyes and pushed the door open.

“If your boss ever bothers you again, call Wonho. He’ll take care of him. Or, if you want it quickly done, Hyungwon’s good at that.” Shownu said, Jungah shuddered and slid down from the car.

“How about the next time you drop by, boss, can you call me first?” She asked, Shownu shook his head.

“I hope I don’t see you again this week.” She grumbled as she shut the door close, Jungah watched as the Audi sped away from her, it was followed by a black Suburban, and she waved at his guards before walking back to the elevator.

 

 

 

“I had a feeling she won’t like it.” Wonho commented as he sat down, Changkyun grinned and plugged his laptop to the projector.

“We might have to check noona’s house, give it an upgrade.”

“I agree.” Jooheon nodded, Hyungwon and Minhyuk walked in, the two were chatting to themselves.

“What else did they take from Chang’s office?” Shownu asked as he poured himself a drink.

“Asides from data about the princess.” Minhyuk mused as he leaned against the table.

“They tired checking if attorney Chang made plans to travel, but there’s no trace of that. However,”

Hyungwon looked at the screen, there was a photo of a man zoomed in.

“I tried tracing the signal from the hacker, it was rerouted through a lot of fake IP addresses, until I ended up on him. His home address.” Changkyun stated, Shownu leaned forward.

“And, do you know whom he just tried hacking into this morning?” Changkyun walked around the desk.

“It’s sounds like trouble.” Wonho muttered to his cousin, Minhyuk nodded back.

“Hyundai and Samsung’s main offices.”

The Samsung cousins froze; Shownu remained emotionless on his seat.

“Hyung, they tried hacking into the main computer you used at your office. But, I don’t think they’re aware how protected our computers are, that’s why I was able to detect him right away.” The youngest spoke to Shownu, the older male nodded back.

“What about us?” Jooheon chimed in, his forehead creasing.

“That’s how I caught him, he was trying to access into Wonho hyung’s office. I got his signal, and I realized it’s the same person who got Jungah noona’s details.”

The room grew quiet; Hyungwon was staring at his wristwatch.

“Whoever’s after us is also after Jungah. They probably know about attorney Chang too.” Minhyuk stated, Shownu exhaled and nodded.

“What shall we do?” Hyungwon looked at their leader.

“This person,” Shownu looked at the screen again.

“Is he home right now?”

Changkyun nodded in reply and he carefully shut his laptop close, a faint smile appeared on Hyungwon’s lips.

“Surprise visits are always so nice, don’t you think?” Jooheon chuckled as they piled out of the room, Shownu walked up to Wonho.

“Make sure Jungah’s home tonight.” He said, Wonho chuckled.

“If she ever picks up our calls, you know her. And, she already has additional guards with her, she’ll be fine.”

 

 

 

“It’s been so long, I feel bad for not inviting you often, Jungah-ya.” Mrs. Jeon said with a small smile as she hooked arms with the girl.

“Don’t feel bad, auntie. I’ve been so busy the past few months too, I should be the one coming over to visit you.” Jungah chuckled, they had finished eating dinner and were moving to the house’s garden to for some dessert.

“Noona’s still working at Galleria, eomma. I’ve been telling her that it’s time to transfer, but she won’t listen.” Wonwoo said playfully, Jungah grinned at him.

“Let her be, she’s having fun.”

“Right, Jungah, are you busy next Wednesday?” Mr. Jeon spoke as they reached the garden, Wonwoo pulled the chair for her.

“I’m not…really sure, uncle. Why?”

“You should come with Wonwoo, that sounds perfect.” Mrs. Jeon suddenly pressed her palms together, Wonwoo looked at his mother, curious.

“It’s that charity event next week, don’t go alone, take Jungah with you.” Mr. Jeon continued, Jungah’s brows rose briefly.

She could never really say no to the Jeons, they have been a family friend for so long. In fact, Mrs. Jeon was school mates with her mother, they were good friends too.

“What do you say, noona? Will you be my plus one?” Wonwoo asked as an assortment of baked sweets were being served to them.

“Well, it’s a charity event, I’ll be there. Abeoji will be glad if I do join you.” Jungah nodded, Mrs. Jeon exchanged knowing smiles with her husband.

“That’s settled then.” Mr. Jeon nodded and they started eating.

It was already almost nine in the evening when the elders retired to their room, Wonwoo was smiling as he walked Jungah to the gates.

“I didn’t know you were being chauffeured around, I thought you hated that.”

“I do.” She puffed her cheeks as she hooked arms with him, Wonwoo tensed slightly but his smile widened.

“But,…appa thinks it’s a good idea. He’s away and he thinks it unsafe for me to..drive alone.” She fibbed, she heard the Range Rover roar to life outside the property.

“I can drive you home.” Wonwoo offered, the girl let go of him.

“It’s fine. It’s already late, please tell your parents that I really enjoyed the food. And, thanks for having me.

“You’re always welcome to come over, noona. You know that.”

Jungah smiled at him, Wonwoo gently cupped her cheek before letting go.

“See you next week then.” Jungah gave him a small wave before turning towards the car, he saw a man in a dark suit step down and open the door for her. The girl quickly got in after bumping fists with the male.

Wonwoo smiled to himself, Jungah was just so Jungah.

“Where to, young miss?”

“Hyung, do you know where your bosses are?”

The two males paused and Jungah caught that, she started to smile as the car moved forward.

“We’re not sure, young miss. Usually~”

“I can’t do this, I don’t need four hyungs. I’ll be fine.” She leaned forward, checking the car’s infotainment system.

“Can we head to the manor? Surely, someone’s there, maybe Changkyun or Minhyuk oppa?” She murmured, she looked at the mirror and saw the black Suburban tailing them, she sighed.

“I need to talk to them. Maybe Jooheon will hear me out, he’s my baby.” She started to smile, and then one of the hyung’s phone buzzed. He took it out and opened the message, Jungah peeked over his shoulder.

“You got a text from Wonho oppa. Why did he send you an address? Is the there as well? Can I go meet him, please?”

“Uhm, young miss, the young masters are~”

“Oh, so they’re all there? Why wasn’t I invited?” She made a face as she proceeded to type the address on the car’s GPS, the two males glanced at each other.

“Let’s just go there, if you won’t take me, I’m sure you are aware that I can just take a cab and leave you here.” She hummed, clearly not taking no for an answer.

“Young miss, it might be dangerous~”

“If they’re all there, would it still be?”

 

 

 

“How’s amusing, everyone’s here.” The man said as he kept his arm forward, brandishing the knife he was holding from left to right.

Hyungwon exhaled, his hands buried in his pockets.

“You think I wouldn’t know you lot were coming? I’m prepared. I’m prepared for you spoiled brats!” He cackled, there were at least eight hooded men standing behind him, all of them were ready to attack with their baseball bats.

“Why did you do it? Who asked you to look into the lawyer’s files?” Minhyuk stepped forward, his lips curled up slightly as the men behind the hacker grew tensed.

“Lee Daecheol. I don’t think you should be pointing that at me right now.” He continued, Changkyun remained silent behind the group, his eyes were on the property’s walls. The house was a two-story run down place, the lawn was unkempt, even the house’s roofing had holes.

“Your family has stayed in power for too long, you think no one would stand up to you? Stop joking yourselves.” He spat, he glanced behind him and gave the men a nod. Lee Daecheol turned his back to them and the males with bats moved forward to attack them.

Jooheon grinned as he caught one of the males before he could hit him, he effortlessly twisted the man’s arm and tossed the bat away.

“Let’s fight fairly.” He cackled as he slammed the man’s head against a window, Hyungwon exhaled, he pointed his pistol at the lights and started shooting them one by one. Wonho was quick to grab one of the men by their necks and pinned him down to the ground before he could touch Changkyun.

“Finish them!” Lee Daecheol screamed throughout the chaos, not seeing what was happening. And also not seeing that someone was quietly and calmly walking after him.

Minhyuk was smiling as he kneed one of the males and used his jacket to gag him, with a slight chuckle he dragged him across the property and tied him around one of the posts.

Lee Daecheol was about to leave through the gates when it suddenly closed, leaving his hand wedged between the iron bars.

He screamed in pain and dropped the bag he was holding.

“He asked you a question.” A calm voice said through the darkness, he froze, blood was dripping from his now injured hand.

The gates were yanked open again and he was pulled back into the property.

“Who asked you to do this?” The dark figure asked again, Lee Daecheol flinched but he spat at the male.

“You don’t scare me, all you boys have is your money, without that~” He coughed when he was suddenly pressed against the wall, he felt something cold and sharp against his throat.

“Who asked you to do this?” The calm voice repeated, it had gone quiet behind them, except for the moans and cries of pain from the men lying on the ground, most of them were probably bleeding.

He finally met his assailant’s gaze, Daecheol flinched as the blade was pulled away from him, he slumped against the wall.

“You won’t get anything from me.”

The male nodded at him, Daecheol saw him tossing the blade away and he started to adjust the black leather gloves he was wearing.

“Chang Jungah. Hyundai. Samsung. Why those three?” He asked again, Lee Daecheol started to laugh.

“I see I’ve hit a nerve, rich boy.” He smirked, and then he yelped as he felt the male’s fist against his abdomen.

And then he hit him again.

Every hit grew heavier and heavier, Shownu exhaled and pulled away just as Lee Daecheol collapsed on the ground. He started coughing out blood, Shownu picked up the bag and tossed it to Hyungwon.

“Check that.” Shownu said, Hyungwon grinned noticing how Lee Daecheol had gone as white as a sheet of paper.

“You—You….won’t get..anything from me!” He said in between coughs, Minhyuk scoffed and tried shaking off the blood from his shoes.

“Why is he acting so tough?” Jooheon rolled his eyes, Hyungwon poured the contents of the bag. There were a couple of phones, a tablet and packets of white powder, he grimaced.

“Drugs. Familiar.” Changkyun murmured as he walked towards the older male, Shownu exhaled, he grabbed Lee Daecheol by the collar and met his gaze.

“You’re too late, people will start looking at the girl. And, with how you all are reacting, I probably hit a nerve.” He spoke, Wonho paused and looked at the male just as Shownu’s fist connected with his face.

The hacker went limp and he was dropped to the ground.

“Hyung, look~”

“Why is it so dark? All your cars are outside, they all stand out way too much and~” Jungah halted when she almost tripped on Lee Daecheol’s body.

“Jungah!” Minhyuk froze, the girl held on the gates and then she automatically grimaced as she felt something wet and sticky under her palm.

She looked at her hand and grimaced.

“I…I don’t even..want to ask…. But, is this a bad time?” Her eyes went to them, Hyungwon kept his grin and looked away.

And then she noticed the other men lying on the ground near them, they were all bloodied and unconscious.

“What do you think, princess?” Hyungwon was the one who spoke first, while Wonho and Jooheon tried to cover his view. Shownu sighed and took off his gloves.

“I just..have a few questions.”

“And it can’t wait?” Shownu loosened his tie, Wonho’s brows went up.

“Can…Can I drop by at the manor tomorrow?” She muttered, clearly unfazed with Shownu’s tone.

“Yes, now go. Go home.” Shownu sighed as he gently pulled her towards the gates again.

“You can come anytime, princess.” Jooheon chimed in.

“Bye, guys!” Jungah waved at them, Minhyuk grinned and waved back. Changkyun smiled to himself, amused.

“But, oppa,” Jungah spoke as Shownu covered her view of the unconscious Lee Daecheol.

“What?” Shownu asked as he waved for her guards to bring the car around, the four scampered away.

“Are they dead?” She blinked at him, Shownu shook his head, he hadn’t anticipated this kind of reaction from the girl.

“I’ll give you an update tomorrow.”

“No, thanks.” She shuddered, the Rover pulled over beside them and Shownu opened the door. The men wouldn’t meet his gaze.

“Don’t you dare yell at my hyungnims. I threatened them to take me here.” She warned him before shutting the door to his face.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++