007

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“It really has been a while, noona.” Wonwoo was smiling as they reached Jungah’s street.

“I know, but, what kept you so busy? Did uncle make you go to work right away? Like, as soon as you deplaned?” She jokingly asked, Wonwoo chuckled.

“Well, you could say that. He asked me to take over two days after I got here. I still haven’t been able to check our other offices.”

Jungah shook her head and looked at the windows.

“I hope I didn’t bother you with the flowers. I didn’t know what else to send you.” He softly said, trying to meet her gaze.

“It wasn’t a bother, it maybe the root of some office gossip, but it’s fine.”

“Office gossip?” Wonwoo repeated as the car reached her place, Jungah grinned before sliding down the car.

“Just…work stuff.” Jungah mused at him, she glanced at her house briefly. Her brows went up, her thoughts went back to what she saw earlier. It seems like all the guys were there, at that building across the street. She chewed on her lower lip, Kihyun didn’t reply when she texted him too.

“So, lunch tomorrow?” Wonwoo reached for her arm, she turned and smiled at him.

“That sounds great. Thanks for dropping me off.”

“Anytime, noona. Good night.”

Jungah watched as the car sped away from the house, she puffed her cheeks and walked through the gates and then she halted.

“My car!” She balked, not recognizing the car that was now parked in her driveway. She jogged out of the house and noticed her two guards enjoying a smoke, they both straightened up when they saw her approaching them.

“Someone stole my car.” She blurted out while pointing at her gate.

“No, it wasn’t stolen. Young master Lee went by today.”

“He went by to take my car?” She sighed at them, the two seem amused.

“He…replaced it, ma’am.”

“Where are they now?” She let out another sigh, the two males glanced at each other.

“I know something happened tonight, and, I think I deserve a right to know where they are. Aren’t I family too?” She batted her eyelashes at them, the males grimaced and unlocked the SUV.

“We’ll take you there, young miss.”

 

 

 

Jooheon grimaced as he slowly sat down on the leather couch, Minhyuk threw one pensive glance at him.

“We really have nothing? It’s the second time this month.” Kihyun muttered under his breath. Hyungwon stood up and poured himself a drink, there was a permanent frown on his face as he looked at the glass.

“Changkyun’s downstairs trying to check if he can get something out from the surveillance footages, and we have our guys guarding the building too.” Wonho muttered while fiddling with his car keys.

“I don’t get it. They didn’t even take anything.” Jooheon spoke while pressing an antiseptic wipe against the cut on his cheek.

“It’s a distraction. They’re trying to distract us. But,” Minhyuk trailed off, things didn’t make sense. They were being distracted but, nothing was happening. If the people who were trying to target them wanted something, they would have made a move by now.

But, nothing.

“They’re testing us.” Kihyun said, the room grew silent. Shownu looked up from his seat, Changkyun walked in the room.

“This is the only clip I could get. Everything’s been fried. Even the hard drives.” Changkyun stated, he had a bandage wrapped around his left palm.

They had caught eight men trespass one of their clubs earlier, it was fortunate that people hadn’t start coming in yet. Because the group was in the middle of planting IEDs all around the establishment, and they were armed too.

“Where are they?” Shownu stood up, Hyungwon nodded towards the windows, Jooheon followed the older male’s gaze as Changkyun played the video of a black van dropping of the masked men who tried bombing the place.

The same masked men who were now currently sitting on the manor’s driveway, all tied and bound together.

“They won’t talk. Cocky.” Hyungwon smirked, Shownu rolled up his sleeves and was about to head for the doors but it suddenly swung open. Changkyun almost dropped his laptop.

“Whoa, I get for not answering calls, but you don’t even reply to any of my text messages.” Jungah strode in, still dressed for work.

Kihyun stood up, stunned to see his cousin. His eyes went to her two guards questioningly.

“Don’t. Don’t even question my hyungs. I texted you, oppa.” She hissed at him, Minhyuk grinned as the girl continued speaking. Her two guards quietly left the room.

Shownu stepped away from her.

“I was busy, but what..brings you here?”

“My car. A certain young master Lee took it, now which one of you Samsung sons took it?”

Minhyuk shook his head, Jooheon looked at the girl, confused. Wonho wouldn’t meet her gaze.

“We replaced it with something sturdier and..faster, princess.” Wonho begun, the girl was about to speak when she noticed Jooheon’s cut.

“Oh my god, what happened?” She sat beside him and gently pulled the antiseptic wipe away, she winced.

“Hey, this isn’t enough to~ Wait,” She saw Changkyun’s bandaged hand, then her eyes went to Shownu.

“Did…something happen?”

“Yes.”

“I saw you earlier. Your cars too.”

“Yes.” Shownu replied, Jungah pressed her lips together.

“Can I get at least…five words from you, boss?”

Kihyun grimaced and looked away, Wonho wanted to laugh. He stood up to get the first aid kit by the counter and handed it to her.

“Something happened. We had to take care of it ourselves.” Shownu said as he decided to pour himself a drink.

“That’s ten words, are you happy now?” Hyungwon chimed in, the girl rolled her eyes at him.

“By something….you mean those guys at the driveway?” She said as she started cleaning Jooheon’s cut.

“They were planting bombs at one of the buildings in our territory, noona.” Changkyun spoke, the girl paused, stunned.

“Then, you should have called the police.”

“Uhm, no thanks.” Minhyuk shook his head at her, the girl stood up and walked towards the window. She eyed the men warily, but before she could speak, Shownu tugged on the curtains, shutting the close.

“They might see you, that won’t work well for us. And you.” Shownu said in his usual calm tone.

“Ah, so you’re going to let them live. Good to know.”

“This noona…is strong.” Changkyun whispered to Wonho, the two grinned at each other.

“I’ll go talk to them.” Shownu muttered, he finished his drink and left the room. Jungah finally looked around the room.

“So, you cool with the car now, princess?” Wonho asked her, the girl exhaled in reply.

“Do I have a choice?”

“No, unless you want the Rover in another color.” Wonho winked at her, Jungah was about to speak when Kihyun got to her first.

“It’s already late, and I don’t feel comfortable with you having to travel another thirty minutes back to your place, so,” Kihyun turned to Minhyuk questioningly.

“Right, we prepared a room for you here, for emergency purposes, you know.” Minhyuk stood up, the girl started to shake her head.

And then it went dark outside, the lights were switched off., Jungah could hear the men screaming in pain outside.

“You…don’t want to see that, princess. Come on, we’ll show you to your room.”

“Oppa, I have work tomorrow~”

“Don’t worry, one of the Samsung sons will drive you to work tomorrow.” Hyungwon mused before gently pushing her towards the door with Minhyuk.

The doors shut close and they turned to Kihyun, the older male blinked at them.

“What?”

“It’s kind of impressive how she doesn’t react to the things people would normally react to.” Wonho nodded towards the windows, Shownu was the one doing the “questioning” outside.

“I think it’s a lot more impressive that she argues with Shownu hyung.” Jooheon chuckled, and Kihyun grinned.

“I agree.”

 

 

 

Jungah turned to the older male, still a little wary.

“Kihyun had your clothes delivered last night, if that’s what you want to ask.” Wonho mused as he stepped on the gas.

“What’s that house? You all lived there?” She asked instead, Wonho tilted his head at her.

“Yes and no, we..don’t really live there. But it’s where most our things are. The armory, the cars and Changkyun’s tech stuff.”

“Hmm, like a headquarters?”

“I guess you could say that.” Wonho said, Jungah took a sip from her iced coffee.

“You guys still don’t know who’s trying to mess with you? I heard you talk about it the…last time we met.”

“Yes, it seems like they’re testing us or something. And, it…it’s a little frustrating that we don’t have any leads on them.” Wonho explained, they had reached downtown, Jungah could see the Galleria from a few meters ahead.

“Seems dangerous.”

“It’s part of what we do, Jungah. To maintain the business, the companies and~”

“I get it, oppa. I…I never really had upfront exposure to it though.”

“Well, you seem to take it really well that you worry us a bit.” Wonho chuckled as the car halted, he slid down and opened the door for her.

“I am more worried about having you guys drop by at my workplace.” She nodded, Wonho chuckled and glanced at the mall.

“Be careful, call us if something comes up.” Wonho patted her hand, Jungah ran her fingers through her hair.

“But…whoever’s trying to get you guys…I hope they don’t.”

“Oh, are you worried about us as well?” Wonho teasingly said, Jungah snorted in reply.

“Oppa, Kihyun oppa is an only child. And the same goes for me too, if something happens to him then I’d be forced to take over SK Holdings. A big no-no for Jungah.”

Wonho let out a hearty laugh and gestured for her to walk to the entrance, Jungah entered the building and found Haerin grinning at her.

“Who was that? A new suitor?”

“Oh god.” Jungah muttered as she tried to avoid the girl.

“Who was that? Jungah, girl, you got game! Where’d you meet these guys? Can you take me there too?”

“You…You be careful what you wish for.” Jungah mumbled to herself as they got inside the elevator.

 

 

 

“Well?”

“This, sir.”

The middle-aged man reached for the document on his desk and he carefully read through it, his brows went up.

“He’s a widower?”

“Yes, attorney Chang’s wife died long ago. But it’s quite hard to obtain information regarding her, however,”

“However?” He asked as he slowly took his seat and ed his blue pin-striped coat and then a photo slid down from the file.

“We found out that he has a daughter. She’s working at a mall in Gangnam.” His assistant added, the man’s brows went up and his lips slowly curled into a smile.

“A daughter?”

“Yes.”

“Does she know about her father’s…relationship with those guys?” He asked as he studied the photo, her name was scribbled at the edge.

“Chang Jungah.” He read as he studied her face.

“We believe that she has no idea about them, sir. This young lady doesn’t seem to be interested with her father’s law firm too, we heard about the man offering her a job there. But she refused, and she lives alone too.”

“Oh. Do we have her address?” The man started to laugh and he set Jungah’s photo down.

“Yes, we have that.”

“An easy target, lives alone, no one knows her. And a girl too.” He hummed to himself, his assistant quietly nodded.

“What do you think? What shall we do first?”

“I think it will benefit us if we find out if she’s in any way connected to them, or if the young masters are aware of her. It wouldn’t be safe to approach her without us knowing that.”

“Ah, touching someone of theirs? Do you really think the girl knows nothing?”

“It could be like that, sir. We..must come up with something so that we can be sure.” The young man continued, his boss nodded and he glanced at Jungah’s photo again.

“Well, that lawyer is stupid and careless for leaving his daughter all alone then.” He cackled as he left his office.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++