058

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“Having fun?”

Jungah looked up from the stack of papers she was reading, Kihyun had walked in her office, and she did not hear him coming.

“I just need to review the Han~”

“I wasn’t talking about work, I assume your secretary has decided not to update you about the news.”

“If it’s about Wonwoo’s father being shot at yesterday, I’m pretty sure he’ll live.”

“At a public place, Jungah.”

“The bullet barely grazed his ear, oppa. He will leave.” She snorted and picked up her pen to sign.

“You didn’t have to do that, Jungah. It’s dangerous being in the~”

“Oppa, don’t you get it? Everyone is either injured or in jail. I’m the only one who can freely move around right now, why should I not do anything?” She said, her voice raising up, one of her guards stepped in the room, confused.

“Hyungnim, if you’re not busy, can you ask for something to drink? An iced tea would be great.” She said to him, the male nodded briefly before leaving. Kihyun exhaled and slowly sat down.

“You don’t have~”

“It’s not gonna work, oppa. Just drop it.”

“Drop it? If you get hurt, what happens to us, then? Do you think~”

“Oppa, it’s either you let me do my job or you continue nagging. Choose.” Jungah snapped at him, Kihyun halted, stunned. The girl let out a breath and stood up.

“The Jeons have been playing with us for years. Kim Donghee wants to get rid of us. And justice has not been served for the women and children they’ve hurt. No one is going to drop it.”

“That’s not what I meant, Jungah. I know you’re worried, plus Shownu hyung being taken isn’t helping. But please,”

Jungah grabbed her coat from the rack and turned to him.

“Don’t act alone.”

“I need some air.” Jungah stated before walking out of the room, Kihyun let out a string of muttered curses before leaning back on his seat. The older Yoo took out his phone and searched his contacts, it took Wonho a few rings before he could answer.

“What’s up?”

“This is not going to work. You two need to get out of there.”

 

 

 

“What?” Wonwoo stood up, his uncle remained quiet beside him, but his expression grew cloudy.

“And you’re only telling me today?” He slammed his palms against the table, the two police officers were them glanced at each other before stepping out, the three of them waited for distinctive click of the lock before resuming conversation.

“We had no way of reaching you yesterday, sir.” His father’s secretary spoke, Kim Donghee exhaled before speaking.

“And, how is he?”

“The chairman is resting as we speak, sir. It was only a minor injury.”

“She had snipers pointing at my father, uncle. We can’t let this go.”

“Things would have gone smoothly if you did no try to her.” Her uncle said bluntly, the other man in the room grew startled.

“You’re obsessedwith her, and you know very well that you cannot have the Chang girl, nephew.” He stated, Wonwoo’s eyes narrowed at him.

“You want to know how this got bigger? The moment you tried that on her, the whole organization has put the target on your back. We went to the media for protection, yes. But,”

“That can only hinder them, it will not totally stop them from coming for us.” The elder pointed out.

“Just look what happened to your father, Jungah had the guts to do that out in the open.”

“What are you trying to say, uncle?” Wonwoo demanded.

“I’m suggesting we finish them. First, we must hit them at their weakest.” Kim Donghee said as he leaned back on his seat.

“How do we exactly hit them uncle? Their house is basically a fortress, Jungah cannot be approached without having five men pointing guns at you. So, if you’re so good at this, tell me what should we do?”

Kim Donghee smirked and looked at this secretary.

“We hit her where it hurt.”

 

 

 

Jungah slid in the waiting Aventador and shut the door with a sigh, she had just finished a two-hour meeting regarding the company’s next move and the board was still trying to look into another bank since Jeon Financial was out of the picture now. She could sense that some of the directors wanted to ask about what really happened between her and Wonwoo, and them tiptoeing around her was not helping.

She glanced at the side mirror and saw the two black SUVs roar into life behind her, she stepped on the gas and eased out of the building’s basement. Jungah had just left the building when her phone started to ring, she tapped on the infotainment system and Hyungwon’s voice echoed around the vehicle.

“So, I have news.”

“Hello.”

“Wonwoo and Kim Donghee are being detained as of now, the police managed to intercept Kim Donghee before he could leave the country. Changkyun is still trying to trace Rowoon, but it might take some time.”

“Which is~”

“Something we don’t have, I know. Don’t get snarky with me.” He pointed out, Jungah rolled her eyes, her brows rose when she noticed two gray sedans right beside her, both were heavily tinted.

“I’ve already deployed a few people to check their properties, I’m sure Rowoon wouldn’t have gotten far. He is still not able to walk properly.”

Jungah made a face but maneuvered the car with ease in the slight traffic.

“Shownu hyung wants to you to cal him, or maybe return his calls.” Hyungwon carefully said.

“I did text him back earlier, I was at a meeting.”

“We’d really appreciate it if you don’t shut us out, princess.”

“I am not shutting anyone out, Baby Chae.” She shot back, copying his dry tone.

“Sure. Well, anyway, we’re all waiting for you at home. Lunch, remember, Mighty Uninjured One?”

Jungah let out a dry laugh and checked her sides again, her forehead creased. She was being followed by the two sedans.

“Sure, give me a minute.” She muttered before ending the call, she checked her rearview mirror and saw her hyungnims already tailing her.

“Young miss,” The car’s stereo was activated.

“I know. How far away are we from the house?” She asked as she quickly changed lanes, the sedan avoided her quickly, she chuckled.

“About twelve minutes. We can~”

“No, just stay close. I’ll take care of this.” She muttered as she floored the gas, the Aventador’s engine purred loudly as she went ahead, Jungah rolled her eyes as the sedans tried to keep up with her.

“Young miss, we can take down the one in your right.” Her guard spoke, Jungah hummed in reply as the other sedan bumped into the Aventador side, Jungah groaned, annoyed. She checked the mirror again just as the black SUV pushed the other sedan over the steel railing.

The speedometer went higher as the sedan fought to keep up, and then she suddenly hit break right after avoiding the construction pile, Jungah watched as the sedan drove right towards the cement bricks while the construction workers ran away from the now broken vehicle.

“I am so sick of this.” She muttered under her breath as she reached for something under seat, she slid down the car and walked towards the scene. Workers watched as the young lady marched towards the sedan, she yanked the door open and found the driver, he was bloody and disoriented.

“Did you have fun?” She asked, noticing the tattoo on his hand, the male groaned but had the audacity to smirk at her.

“I was..h—having fun.” He coughed, Jungah yanked him out of the car, the male tumbled down on the pavement. She heard footsteps rushing towards them, her guards surrounded them in an instant.

“He’s one of their men, young miss. We’ve also confirmed this with the other car.”

Jungah’s forehead creased, one of her guards noticed what she was holding. He exhaled and changed looks with his colleagues.

“If you must do it, do it quick, young miss. People will start gathering soon.”

Jungah exhaled and her fingers tightened around the Glock, she closed her eyes briefly before handing it to one of the men.

“Why were you tailing me?” She spoke, the driver rolled onto his back to meet her gaze, a bruise was already starting form on his forehead.

“Because…Because…we wanted to give you a distraction.” He let out hearty laugh, Jungah tilted her head, the man was not making any sense. She turned to her guards just as her phone started to ring from the car, one of the men ran to get it.

“Young miss!”

“What?”

“L—Take a look at this.” A phone was placed on her hand and her eyes widened in shock, the device slid down from the girl’s fingers and she staggered back.

“No.” She breathed as she struggled to remain on her feet.

 

 

 

“!” Changkyun exclaimed as he slammed his palm against the wheel, his eyes were on the police station, which was covered in raging flames.

Minhyuk and Kihyun were already out, speaking with the officers who had managed to save themselves from the explosion. Reporters were already crowding beyond the station’s gate, and Changkyun did not know what to make of it. Some of the survivors said that the main explosion was from where the detaining cells were. Where Shownu and Wonho were being detained.

He spotted Hyungwon arrived, his Range Rover parked just beside one of the patrol cars.

“We still have nothing, sir.” His radio came to life, Changkyun exhaled and nodded.

“They want to get in to investigate…to search…for…bodies, but the fire is too much. It might take hours, sir.”

Changkyun struggled to speak, he could only grunt in reply. And then he saw her, Jungah had marched in, brushing past security, the girl halted as she stared at the burning building. Jooheon had reached the girl first, placing both hands on her shoulders, wanting to pull her away.

Kihyun was rushing to his cousin’s side while the girl continued to stare at the building. Even her guards looked terrified, they did not see this coming.

“We just confirmed that it was a bomb, sir. Well, three bombs.”

Changkyun slid down from his car, he walked towards his friends, the look on Jungah’s face made him pause. She was simply looking at the building with empty eyes, no expression, not even a tear on her cheek.

“Jungah, nothing’s been confirmed yet. The firefighters are still trying to control the flames. They won’t be able to~”

She shook off Jooheon’s hands on her.

“I know, I don’t expect them to walk into that.” She gestured towards the flaming building; her tone flat.

“Jungah-ya,” Kihyun frowned and tried to reach for her, but the girl simply stepped back, her lower lip quivering. Hyungwon tensed, stunned to see her act like that.

Her eyes went to the building again, her fists curled tightly, she spotted the chief of police walking towards them.

“Sirs, young miss, I am terribly~”

“Don’t even try to say it.” Jungah stepped forward, becoming a wall between the man and her friends.

“Young miss, we have not confirmed if the two young masters~”

“They were at the very building where the bombs first exploded, do I need any more confirmation than that?” She snapped at him; the man looked away.

“I asked you to let them go, you knew that they were not in the wrong. Now look!” She screamed at his face, Changkyun looked away, while Kihyun tried to pull her back.

“We’re sorry, young miss. It pains me to say this, but the young master Son and Lee would not have been able to survive the explosion.”

Jungah chewed on the insides of her cheeks and turned away from him, and then the girl marched towards the Range Rover, she wordlessly got in, put the car on reverse and drove away from the scene. The guards were stunned for a few short moments, when Hyungwon suddenly spoke.

“That car is loaded.” He stated, Minhyuk’s eyes widened, and her guards scrambled towards their cars.

“Loaded?” Jooheon repeated, his eyes went to Hyungwon, but the male was already running after Changkyun as they rushed to his car.

“Meaning, we just let an angry Jungah drive away with a mini armory.” Minhyuk faced the chief, not bothering to hide his anger.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++