020

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“You need me to check on this?” Minhyuk asked as he leaned back on his seat, Changkyun hummed back, a photo of Kim Dong Hee appeared on the screen. The two were at Minhyuk’s office, Changkyun needed some confirmations regarding their shipments and he wanted to update the older male.

“Did you look into the whole Jeon Banking Group thing? They’re one of his main funders this year.”

“I have some people snooping around, don’t worry. But, don’t you think it’s…too coincidental?” Minhyuk spoke, Changkyun turned to him.

“What is?”

“That Wonwoo boy suddenly being all chummy with noona.”

“You do know that they’ve known each other since they were kids, right? I mean, he probably knows her better than we do.”

Changkyun made a face at him, Minhyuk chuckled in reply.

“Still, his company’s ties to Kim Donghee remains fishy. I don’t think she should trust him. That revokes his “childhood friend” card, hyung.” Changkyun stated as he crossed his arms, Minhyuk nodded in reply.

“Right, last night we got someone.”

Changkyun paused and turned to the older male; Minhyuk produced a grainy photo from his desk and pushed it towards him.

“A couple of our men caught him; he was trying to gain access to one of our ships, the one that had some goods and Hyungwon’s items.”

Changkyun’s forehead creased, it was never safe if someone managed to gain access to their shipments. They never dealt with drugs, but they were the ones controlling the black market for firearms and explosives in the country. And if those crates fell on the wrong hands, it would backfire on them, and their families.

“He’s being kept at one of our warehouses, Kihyun’s already been notified.”

“Do..you think this has some relation to Wonho hyung’s problems lately? The random fights breaking out in clubs..and all those raids at the bars, and that..party drug we have yet to cleaned up.” Changkyun spoke as he studied the image, he noticed the tattoo on the man’s forearm.

“I don’t know, there’s so much going on right now, it’s good that Jungah’s at the manor.”

“Yes, no random visits from that Wonwoo boy.”

“Let it go.” Minhyuk laughed, Changkyun made a face at him, he stood up.

“I’ll go ahead, hyung.”

 

 

 

“You were right about dessert, fine.” Jungah mused as they walked towards the restaurant doors, Jooheon smiled and made the girl hook arms with him.

“I knew you’d like their strawberry shortcakes, it’s my favorite too.” Jooheon replied, they exited the doors.

“By the way, aren’t you supposed to be at work? I know you’re busier than I am.” Jungah said as they went down the steps, Jooheon’s yellow Lamborghini was parked just a few meters away from them.

“I have a meeting but its two hours away, I can drive you back.” He offered, Jungah was about to reply when a dark figure suddenly collided against them. Jungah staggered back, almost tripping on her own feet.

Jooheon was pulled away from her, and before she could react, the male turned to her. His face was covered by a mask, he looked at her for a few seconds and then he started running away. Jungah could only watch at his retreating figure, her forehead creased and then footsteps were suddenly all around her.

“Get him!” Jungah heard one of Jooheon’s guards holler, her eyes went to Jooheon and then she saw it.

Blood.

There was blood on the pavement.

“Jooheon-ah,” She rushed to his side, two guards had joined them. Jooheon was wincing pain while clutching to his side.

“M—My phone..he..”

Jungah saw the male from earlier hop on a waiting motorcycle, her forehead creased, she leaned over and reached for Jooheon’s coat pocket.

“Make sure he gets help.” She said under her breath, she then ran towards his car. The guards were still in the process of calling for backup when the yellow Lamborghini was seen careening away from the area.

“J—Jungah…w~” Jooheon winced as he tried to sit up, and then the guards froze.

“Where..is she?”

“She just left. I think, sir.” The guards were glancing at each other, they could still hear the Lambo’s loud roars from afar. Jooheon grimaced again as he put more pressure on his wound.

“.”

 

 

 

“Dinner?” Wonwoo asked, his cousin glanced up, the two cousins were having a meal together.

“With?” Rowoon mouthed back, playful, the latter sent him a look.

“Ah, yes, next this Saturday sounds fine, hyung.” Wonwoo put his spoon down, Rowoon grinned and continued eating.

“Okay, I’ll be there, hyung. I haven’t seen your parents in a while, should I bring something?”

Rowoon chuckled, realizing that he was talking to a Yoo.

“Okay, I’ll call her later.” Wonwoo said, he put his phone down and looked at his cousin.

“Well?”

“I was invited to dinner with the Yoos.”

“Oh, you’re invited to a family dinner. Wow. Should I have a suit made? I am going to be your best man, right?” Rowoon chimed, Wonwoo sighed at him and picked up his utensils again.

“Stop saying that. I~”

“That’s the point, just ask her out.”

“I don’t….know, she’s..always been so un..unattainable, you know. And,”

“You mean she’s become unattainable now? You mentioned her new friends.” Rowoon leaned back on his seat, he saw how his cousin frowned at his words.

“Those guys? To be honest, they look like a trouble.”

“What do you mean?”

“He claims to be just one of her cousin’s friends, looking out for her. But, I don’t think that. That..Son Hyunwoo looks like trouble. I don’t..”

Rowoon paused, hearing the familiar name. He hid his smirk and picked up his wine.

“You don’t, what?”

“I don’t like him always being around her, and you know what’s worst?”

“What? That he comes from money too?” Rowoon prodded on, his cousin shook his head.

“No, there’s more of them. All these guys just..being around her, they act like they own her or something.” Wonwoo put his fork down again.

“What if they are just looking out of her like you said, you mentioned that her father’s out of town.”

“I did?”

Rowoon stilled for a moment, but he gave him an assuring nod.

“Anyway, I don’t think it’s just that. I just wish they’d back off, you know. She was mine first. She’ll always be mine.”

 

 

 

Jungah’s grip on the wheel tightened as she stepped on the gas, the motorcycle from earlier was at least four or five cars away from her, but that didn’t deter her. She didn’t even check where they were heading, the only thing she focused on was getting to them.

She put the car on full speed before the traffic lights could flash red, she could hear sirens behind her. Her forehead creased, and then the car’s infotainment system came to life, her brows rose. Of course, the boys had radios in their car.

“Jungah, I swear to go~”

“They stabbed him.” She shot back before Hyungwon could say anything else.

“Turn the car around, we’ll take care of it.”

“And if you guys lose them? I saw the man. I know how…he looks like.” She shot back, her eyes were still on the road.

“Jungah, it’s not safe. If they try to take you, we~”

“I’m driving a yellow Lamborghini, Chae Hyungwon. I’m sure people will notice if they try. Just track this damn car and I’ll meet you there!” She was losing her patience, she was about to shut the screen off when someone spoke.

“We’ll track you and we will be there. Stay in the car.” Shownu’s calm voice resonated from the car’s surround speakers.

“Hyung, she’s alone and no guards.” Hyungwon reasoned, Jungah saw the motorcycle again, she noticed that there were two of them. The other one appeared bulkier than the man who stabbed Jooheon.

“Get rid of the cops, oppa. I don’t have the time to deal with a speeding ticket.” She muttered before shutting off the screen.

Jungah glanced at both of her side mirrors, the police cars chasing after her were already gone, she made a turn left and she was already just two cars away from the men.

It was then she realized that she was already driving away from Seoul.

“This might be a trap.” She said to herself, but she smiled.

“Let’s see how this goes then.” The Yoo girl mused as she floored the accelerator again.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++