018

What's Your Secret?

 

 

 

“You weren’t at work today, where have you been loitering around?”

Rowoon broke into a grin as he walked in the study, he was toying his phone with hand as he leisurely dropped to one of the leather couches.

“I was working too, well, it was kind of like that.” He said with an amused smile, he leaned back and looked at the male.

“What were you working on? I was busy filming campaign ads today, and people were talking how come my son wasn’t there to support me.” The male said in a slight chiding tone, but he was smiling.

“I spent the day showing our friends the way to where the Chang girl is. And, I can confidently say that I did a great job.”

“Chang Jungah?”

“Yes, by now, I think someone would have tried to get to her. We did offer quite a sum.” Rowoon hummed as he poured himself a drink.

“It wont be easy getting to her,son.”

“I know, but if we distract them enough. They’ll eventually show their weaknesses, well she is one of them.” Rowoon mused, his father looked up from his desk.

“It won’t be long till they start having problems, people will come for her. Afterall, that family has made enemies in the past. And, they’ve been blocking…other’s businesses too, it’s not right that they have control over everything.”

“Abeoji, relax, I know that you’re worried with the incoming elections and you’re anxious that they might do a check on you. But, nothing will come out of it.”

“Well, I wouldn’t be worried about it if we get rid of their organization first. They will always be in the way.” The elder muttered, he stood up and walked around his desk.

Rowoon nodded with a relaxed smile.

“Mister Kim Donghee, they won’t know. And even if they do find out, you’ve already become a public figure, they simply cannot touch you.” Rowoon pointed out, the male sighed and looked at his son.

“You said that Wonwoo likes her. Won’t that become an issue to between you and your cousin?”

Rowoon paused for a moment, and then he shrugged.

“I’ll find a way, abeoji. Don’t think too much about it.”

 

 

 

Jungah could feel her eyelids becoming heavy, she wanted to do something but she couldn’t get her body to move. She was very aware of the sharp blade on the side of her neck, and there was probably another knife against her side as well.

“Ah, one wrong move. How about you make yours then?”

She felt the man freeze behind her, and then he spun her around, Jungah first met her cousin’s gaze. Kihyun looked worried and angry at the same time.

Oh no. I am so dead. Well, I will be if this guy doesn’t let go and decided to gut me here.

Jungah saw the reason why his assailant had gone rigid, Hyungwon had a gun pointed at his forehead. And judging from the look on his face, he will shoot if needs to.

Or will he be dead first?

“So, who’s moving first?” Hyungwon spoke again as men in dark suits surrounded them. Jungah winced, the blade was already pressing against her neck. Hyungwon’s eyes flickered to her, and then he pressed the gun against the man’s head.

He removed his hands off Jungah and she staggered forward, one of the guards caught her by the arm and Kihyun rushed over to her.

While, Hyungwon moved forward, his gun still pressed against the center of the man’s head.

“You.” The stranger spat, the side of Hyungwon’s lips went up fractionally. And then he removed the gun from the male’s face, a soft swoosh as heard and he began to scream in pain.

The male fell down and realized that his foot was bleeding, he was about to speak but the men put a sack over his head and immediately picked him up. Hyungwon exhaled and shook his head, he tucked the gun back in his holster and looked at the girl.

“Did…you just..shoot someone…right in the..middle of,” Jungah was stammering, she was heavily leaning against her cousin.

“This won’t work, Kihyun-ah. She’s being attacked so openly.”

“I know.” Kihyun muttered, he glared at his cousin as he kept one arm around to keep her steady. A black SUV reached them, Kihyun was helping Jungah into the vehicle when both their phones buzzed.

Hyungwon opened the message and he paused, Kihyun was already staring at him.

“Guys? Changkyun just texted.” Jungah’s groggy voice came from the vehicle.

“I think just went down or something.” She murmured as Kihyun put her seatbelt on for her.

“She’s right.” Hyungwon muttered under his breath and got inside the vehicle.

 

 

 

Jooheon leaned against the counter as the two older males walked in, Wonho didn’t look pleased as he tossed his jacket away and grabbed one of the bottles of whiskey.

“What happened, hyung?” Jooheon asked as Wonho poured himself a drink, the male exhaled and let out a shaky breath.

“It’s a mess.” Wonho’s reply was simple, but the tension in his voice made Jooheon worry.

“Weren’t you at one of our ports? What happened?”

They heard the door open loudly, Shownu strode in, he rolled his sleeves upwards and put his coat away. Jooheon noticed the cuts and bruises on Wonho’s fists, his eyes went to their leader, Shownu had a cut on his cheekbone and some bruises on his arms.

“How bad was it? I thought you brought some people with you.”

“We were checking the shipments, like usual,” Wonho cleared his throat, Shownu stood by the windows, one hand holding onto a glass of amber liquid, while the other remained his pant pocket. And one could almost see anger radiating off him.

“We realized that…someone has been using our shipments to sneak substances in the country.” Wonho stated, Jooheon paused.

“What do you mean, hyung?”

Changkyun walked in the room, he had a frown on his face and he looked around.

“Drugs, hyung. It’s probably that new party drug that’s been recently making its rounds in Itaewon. The police are about to go crazy just to find the source, but,” Changkyun exhaled and sat down.

“Unknowingly, it’s being shipped in the country through us. And I’m trying to check everything, I don’t know who they gained access to our items but~”

Shownu put his glass down with an audible clink, the room grew quiet.

“They’ve been using us to sneak drugs in the country. They inserted IT in our deliveries, Hyungwon’s shipments too have been stained by it.” Shownu’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“And now government officials, especially the police would like to set a meeting.” He finished, Jooheon grimaced and looked away.

“Minhyuk’s already trying to come up with proceedings on this, he’s already on his way to meet the chief tonight. But I don’t think that would suffice.” Wonho spoke, keeping his tone calm. But Shownu’s brows were still bunched up together, tension was visible on his shoulders.

“I’ll make sure to find out who’s behind it by tonight, hyung. We should get this fixed quickly.” Changkyun murmured, before things were rocky when it came to their relationship with the police, the organization may be backed by a lot of people and most of them came from powerful families, but it wasn’t always easy to remain in control. And the only thing they were asked of was to keep the drugs off the country.

And it has always been a sensitive issue to them.

“By the way, Hyungwon hyung will has taken someone with him, he will be using the garage.” Jooheon spoke, Changkyun nodded along.

“Why?” Wonho asked before finishing drink.

“Jungah noona was attacked tonight, this man had knives with him and, it is possible he drugged her. I don’t know the details yet, but they’re already on their way here. Hyungwon hyung wants to interrogate him.”

Shownu paused, he turned and looked at the younger male.

“How is she?” The eldest spoke.

“She’s fine, hyung. Kihyun hyung had her room prepared, she’ll be staying here for a couple of weeks, or..that’s what he said.” Changkyun murmured, Shownu nodded back. He walked towards his coat, and Wonho saw how he took out his black leather gloves.

“Are you leaving?” He asked him, Shownu put the gloves in his pants and shook his head.

“I’ll be at the garage, we’ll discuss this tomorrow.”

 

 

 

Kihyun heard footsteps approaching the dining hall, Wonho looked up, he was already smiling. Minhyuk was chatting with Hyungwon.

“Oppa, why do you have my clothes all~” Jungah paused, noticing the others in the room.

“Oh, it’s…kind of decided that..you have to stay here for a couple of weeks, Jungah-ya.” Kihyun said, Jungah paused, her forehead creasing.

“A couple of weeks?” She grimaced, Shownu’s eyes went to her, he noticed the faint pinkish line on her neck.

“You keep on being attacked, and you like heading out on your own.” Hyungwon pointed out, her eyes narrowed at him.

“What does that have~”

“It’s time you learn a life skill. You can choose.” Hyungwon continued, Wonho waved her over and pulled the chair beside him.

“A life skill?”

“You can learn from Wonho hyung, or me.” Hyungwon looked at her, the girl paused.

“A life skill from you? Like what, shooting people?”

“Yes.” Hyungwon nodded backa at her, Minhyuk poured her some coffee.

“That’s a life skill?” She balked at him, Kihyun sighed and turned to her.

“Anyway, it’s decided, you have to stay here for the time being. We don’t know how~”

“But, oppa, this place~”

“You will be safe here, safer than you’ll ever be. You know what can happen, you were there last night.” Kihyun pointed out, Jungah chewed on her lower lip.

“Cheer up, Jooheon’s princess, you won’t get bored here. I’ll make sure you won’t run out of snacks here.” Minhyuk cheerfully said.

“You’ll be chauffeured, Jungah. No more driving yourself and taking cabs.” Kihyun instructed, Jungah was about to react but her eyes went to the two males.

Wonho paused and blinked at her, and then she suddenly leaned over, grabbed his hand and she gasped.

“Oppa, you’re hurt.” She frowned as she examined his cuts, she frowned as she saw his bruises as well.

“Ah, last night, we~”

Jungah left her seat and walked towards Shownu, the other males paused, aware of the eldest’s sour mood.

“One Dot too, you’re hurt.” She frowned as she leaned down and saw the cut on his cheek, her frown deepened.

“Hey, come and eat.” Kihyun spoke, but the girl leaned closer towards Shownu, the male paused.

“It looks deep, does it not hurt?”

“it’s fine, Jungah. You can~”

“Not the face. It should never be the face. Remember that, okay? All of you should keep that in mind.” She was still frowning as she looked around the table, Kihyun sighed at her. Shownu paused when he felt the girl cup his cheek briefly.

“Never the face.”

“I don’t know if she’s concerned, or just teasing.” Minhyuk mused to Wonho. Hyungwon was staring at the two, his brows going up.

What a brave girl.

“Jungah, please, eat.” Shownu faced the girl, he paused, not realizing how close her face was to his. Jungah smiled before standing up straightly again.

“I’m sure we have a first aid kit somewhere, I’ll go get it. You Dots eat first.” She mused before leaving the room.

Shownu let out silent breath and continued eating.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++