Chapter 21

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Happy Birthday our Yerimmie!!

Photo from RV official twitter account

 

 

 

“What’s up old people” Yerim greeted the two older girls standing just near the school’s gate, obviously waiting. “How does it feel to be seniors?”

 

Seungwan smiles. “Better, now that I know you’re going to be off my back soon”

 

Seulgi chuckles. She knows that this is just Seungwan and Yerim showing off their affection to each other. A playful banter that’s how these two shows their affection, and none of that mushy-cringy-overly affectionate kissing-on-the-cheeks type of affection. But apart, Seungwan speaks highly of Yerim while the youngest loves, respects and cherishes her Seungwan-unnie.

 

Seungwan is Yerim’s favorite and Seulgi won’t argue with that because Yerim is her favorite too.

 

“Oh unnie…. unnie… unnie… unnie” Yerim shakes her head while draping her arms around Seungwan’s shoulders. “You can hide, you can run but let’s face it, I will always find you”

 

“Hey! I like that song!” Seulgi immediately butted in. “Very catchy”

 

“I like the music video more” Yerim winks.

 

Seungwan shakes her head. “I didn’t know our Yerimmie is a womanizer?”

 

“I learned from the bests” Yerim drapes her other arm around Seulgi, as the three entered the school. “So, where’s Sooyoung-unnie and Joohyun-unnie?”

 

“They will be a bit late but Joohyun said they will be here before the welcoming ceremony” Seulgi informed. Her phone is out, probably she read Joohyun’s message. “Joohyun’s parents will drop them off before going back to Daegu”

 

“Why do we need to attend the ceremony anyways? It’s always the same speech every year” Yerim whines. “Be glad you seniors wouldn’t be attending another ceremony next year”

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

Yerim is glad that she has free period after PE, giving her enough time to rest after a strenuous class. Since it’s her free period she decides to laze under this big tree (the same tree Seungwan had climbed on during the foundation week) and probably take her nap.

 

The breeze is comfortingly perfect as it hit her face. Her eyes are close, and sleep is starting to take her.

 

Yerim is aware that she’s in the middle of being awake and sleep. She can hear her surroundings but at the same time she’s dreaming. The events of what happened in the hospital flashed before her like a movie. The way Nayeon said those words, the look on her eyes, the sadness in her expressions.

 

If that decision saddened Nayeon then why did she considered it? And the worst part, she actually did it.

 

Yerim quickly opens her eyes when she felt a wet trail grazing her hair. Her hand immediately shot up to wipe the tear’s trail. She never cried since that day and it made her wonder ‘Why now?’

 

“No one can bottle their emotions for too long, Yerim-ah”

 

Yerim smiles at the beauty standing beside her. “Hi Joohyun-unnie. Congrats”

 

Joohyun flash a smile. “Not what I was planning but they say it’s good in college applications. Do you mind?”

 

Yerim shakes her head and Joohyun sat beside her.

 

Joohyun had won the student council election and is now named the student council president. “Your unnies are worried about you, you haven’t talk to them”

 

“I talked to them, I just talked with them this morning” Yerim quickly defended.

 

“You know what I mean, Yerim-ah”

 

Yerim stays mum. She hadn’t talked to anyone, not even to her Taeyeon-unnie, about what happened. The ‘Nayeon not showing up’ part, not the getting beaten up part. She’s doing a good job running away from the dreaded ‘talk’ but she also knows she can’t keep the façade for too long. 

 

“I don’t know what they want me to say” Yerim sighs, looking up at the clear blue sky.

 

Joohyun nods her head in understanding. “I won’t force you. I just want you to know that you have us. We’re here for you”

 

“Thanks, unnie”

 

“Anything for our maknae”

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

Please log in to read the full chapter