The Knife in Our Hearts

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Yong Guk was impatiently trying to call the hospital, hoping to get a hold of Seo Gu, Him Chan or even Hyeo Rim. He was slowly losing his mind. He looked to his brother, “Him Chan isn’t awake and they don’t know where Seo Gu or Hyeo Rim has gone.”

Have you tried calling Dae Hyun?” The elder looked worried.

Can you go to the Bakery?” When the elder nodded his agreement he continued, “Ask for Jee Hye, ask her if she can check on Young Jae and Dae Hyun. Go with her. I’ll try calling the school and get the maknaes. Met me at the hospital.”

Alright,” Yong Nam rushed out of the little shop.

The panicked brunette hung up the phone before attempting to call the school, silently praying that the principal answered and not one of the Team Members. He hoped that the two managed to evade them. Nervously chewing on his already blunt nails waiting for someone to pick up the phone.

An irritated female voice answered the phone, “Hello, This is Principal Park.”

AH,” he sighed in relief. “Are Choi Jun Hong and Moon Jong Up still in school.”

Her voice turned to an urgent whisper, “I do hope you have explanation, Mr. Bang, but you can tell me later. I don’t know where they are right now, but I know these people don’t have the either.”

That’s good,” he tried to think of something. “Is it possible for you to get them out of there or hide them somewhere?”

I don’t know,” she sounded defeated. “I believe the teachers are keeping them hidden already. I’ve been trying to get rid of them for the past ten minutes but they keep barging into classes.”

They won’t listen to anyone.” Yong Guk was desperately trying to think of a way to clear them away. “Ah, threaten to report them to their higher ups. Umm. . I don’t remember the exact name. They might be listed on the Facility’s web site.”

The Facility?” She groaned softly. “Well there’s a small explanation of who they are. I’ll look up the information right now. I just hope it’s not too late. We’ll keep an eye on them. I’ll try to call the teachers to find their location.”

Thank you,” he hung up the phone.

What’s going on?” Min Kyung asked looking at the younger in confusion.

The brunette sighed, “I need to get to my family?”

Is there something wrong?” the old man asked.

Yong Guk could only nod, “I’m sorry I have to go. I need to make sure they’re alright.”

The elder watched as the brunette ran out of the shop unable to get an explanation. Was something wrong with his mate? Or was it something his brother said? He didn’t know that his co-worker had a brother, especially not one that was his twin. Min Kyung could only call their boss and let them know that younger Dominate had a family emergency that he had to attend to.

 

Yong Nam cursed mentally noticing the blonde looking around the shop with a bored expression. The elder immidiately put on a calm expression. “Where you able to see how they were doing?”

JB shook his head, “no, I believe Dr. Lee has to look Him Chan over. Where were you?”

Oh,” he faked his smile, hoping the other wouldn’t see through him. “I was going to see about a resturant instead but I forgot where it was, so I came back to ask for directions again.”

The blonde laughed, “okay. Do you mind if I join you?”

I thought you already ate, but no, I don’t mind.” He shrugged. “Do you want anything from here?”

No, it’s okay.” JB waved his hands dismissively. “I’ll be outside if you need me.”

The brunette nodded, “Alright I’ll be out in a bit.”

Jye Hye cocked her head to a side, she’d been staring at the taller man ever since he walked in. She could’ve sworn Yong Guk had a lighter shade of brown with some blonde on the tips. When he spoke the voice was different as well, slightly deeper. Was this the brother she heard about? But what was he doing here? Her eyes widened: the Facility. They were found out. Her heart begin to race, though she managed to keep a calm mask on as he walked over to her while the blonde left.

May I help you?” She put on a sweet smile.

The younger’s expression fell, “Is there a Jee Hye here?”

She let her smile fall to a confused look. Her eye blinking several times, “how do you know my name?”

He sighed in relief. “Yong Guk told me to look for you. He needs you to check on Young Jae and Dae Hyun and to meet him at the hopsital to get Him Chan.”

Where is he?” she asked worriedly.

He was trying to get a hold of the maknaes...” He looked to the boy waiting outside. “He asked me to go with you but if I do then they’ll know I talked to Yong Guk.”

Jee Hye nodded here understanding. “There’s a resturant at the corner of the street. I’m going to see about leaving right now.”

Thank you,” he said softly. “I’ll try to keep him occupied, but I’m afraid they might already have Him Chan.”

She was truely worried now, but put on a fake smile noticing that the blonde was looking in through the window. “I’ll call my mate to check on him. Let me get you a bag of something so your friend doesn’t get suspicious.”

Yong Nam nodded letting her throw in a random selection of sweets into a small bag. Neither caring if she charged him the right amount. He nodded, both giving fake smiles as he left the shop.

 

Jee Hye casually went to the back before pulling out her phone dailing her mate’s cell, praying that he actually took it with him.

Hello, Jee Hye?” came his confused voice. “Is something wrong?

Is Him Chan alright?” She asked hurriedly.

He was taken to his room an hour ago. I’m not allowed in until he wakes up.” Seo Gu answered.

Please check if he’s in his room,” she begged. “The Facility is here. If he’s not...”

She was almost afraid to finish. She heard him on his breath before he answered, “do you know if the children are alright?”

No,” she chocked out. “Yong Guk was trying to call the school. I need to go home to check on Young Jae.”

,” she could hear him running down the halls. “ You might want to hurry. If they’ve already taken Him Chan then I’m going to try getting to the maknaes first.”

She nodded trying to back back her tears before realizing he couldn’t see her. “I better get going. Be careful.”

You too,” he said softly before they both hung up.

Jee Hye called out to her boss, “Eun Chan!”

Said women looked up from an oven. “What’s wrong Jee Hye? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

I need to go home,” she said hurriedly. “The kids are in trouble.”

The black haired woman nodded, “be careful.”

Jee Hye thew off her apron, tossing it into the laundry basket as she ran to grab her purse and car keys. Running out the back door and to her car.

 

What do we do now?” Jun Hong wrapped his arms around the brunette. “Why aren’t they answering?”

Have you tried to call Yong Guk and Jee Hye at work?” He asked trying to distract the makane from the worse.

The blonde shook his head as he dialed a number. Placing the phone to his hear listening intensely. “Ah, yes. Umm, is Yong Guk there? What? Oh, no it’s alright. Thanks, bye.”

Yong Guk left work already to head to the hospital.” The maknae informed as he dialed the next number.

Jong Up nodded keeping his eyes forward. He didn’t want to be caught off guard if the Team decided to come back. The Carrier behind him spoke again to someone on the phone. Hearing the phone click he asked, “what happened now?”

Jee Hye left too,” Jun Hong sighed. “I don’t remember Seo Gu’s number. I’m scared.”

I am too,” the slightly elder boy admitted. “I don’t think they’ll get to them in time.”

We have to help them,” the maknae cried softly.

Jong Up shook his head, “we can’t. We’ll only succeed in getting ourselves captured. I want to help to, bu...”

But what?” The blonde questioned.

The elder sighed, “Him Chan made me promise not to do anything stupid. He doesn’t want us to get caught either.”

That’s not fair,” the Carrier ruffled his own hair in annoyance.

Dae Hyun can’t help Young Jae either,” the brunette sighed heavily. “He promised too, remember.”

Jun Hong nodded. “Young Jae made him promise to save the babies before him.”

Imagine how bad he’s feeling right now.” The young Dominate was close to tears. “He can’t even help his mate. His children won’t have their Umma. His family is torn in two. The babies are the only thing he’s going to have left of him.”

Please don’t say that.” The maknae covered his ears. “Isn’t there something we can do? Isn’t there some way to keep them together?”

I don’t know,” Jong Up broke down. The younger wrapping his arms around the brunette as they both cried softly. They barely heard the announcement made over the intercom.

The blonde shook the elder boy. With a finger to his lips they listened to the last half of what their principal was saying.

Her voice stern even over the cheap intercom, “... must leave due to violation of civil rights. We ask you all to leave the premises before we take legal action. HPC has been informed and will be investigating the matter. If Team Members are not cleared within ten minute, remaining Members will and can be arrested.”

The maknae were shocked. The brunette speaking first, “how did she know they were from the Facility?”

Jun Hong shrugged, “maybe they told her. That or... Yong Guk called.”

Who’s HPC?” the elder asked.

The maknae shrugged again. “I don’t know, but let’s hope that they’re scared of them.”

... HPC sounds familiar,” Jong Up tried to remember where he heard the acronym before. “I think we learned about them in our Government lesson at the Facility.”

The blonde nodded, “then they might be their bosses. So you think someone is coming for us?”

The elder shrugged, “I don’t know, but if they do then that would be risky. Yong Guk could be taken too.”

Jun Hong sighed, “They can’t take Him Chan though. He hasn’t had the chance to talk to Yong Guk yet. Their daughter’s supposed to be joining us tomorrow.”

I don’t think they care.” The young Dominate sighed. “I just hope we can get them back.”

 

Yong Guk ran into the hospital only to run into Seo Gu. The brunette was in a frenzy, “Where’s Him Chan.”

The elder shook his head with the same amount of fear, “he’s gone. They took him. Where’s Young Jae?”

I haven’t gone to the house,” he shook his head, his heart bleeding. “How could they take him?”

I asked.” Seo Gu didn’t want to kill the man any quicker but he knew that he need to know why his mate was no longer in the hospital. “Some doctor came in claiming to be Him Chan’s doctor. He had all his medical records with him. He was given permission to take him. I don’t know how or when though. They wouldn’t tell me who signed the waiver.”

Damn it,” the brunette screamed.

I’m going to get the makanes.” The black haired man tried to get the ohter to think clearly. “Jee Hye might need help at the house. Young Jae can’t move and Dae Hyun can’t carry his mate and his children.”

Yong Guk shook his head, “I sent my brother to help her. They asked him to help look for us, but he suspected they were lying.”

Then let’s go see if we can get to the kids.” The elder pulled him by the arm, leading him out of the hospital as they rushed in the truck.