New Mate Search & Dr. Yoo’s Worst Enemy

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Him Chan stretch as he slowly woke up. The smell of food being cook caused his stomach grumble. He smile to himself as he crawled out of bed to head towards the kitchen, though midway he could easily hear his mate wasn’t alone.

Yong Guk looked up to see Him Chan enter the kitchen, poking Dae Hyun's head so he could make room for the dishes. Him Chan sat near the younger blonde, “Dae Hyunie are you alright?”

Dae Hyun resisted glaring at the innocent man as he spoke heatedly, “it’s only been two weeks. Just two weeks and they’re already trying to push a new mate on to me.”

What?!” Him Chan was flabbergasted. Yong Guk nodded confirming what the other had said. Him Chan shook his head, “they can’t do that, there are procedures they have to follow.”

That doesn’t stop them from showing up at my place unannounced.” The youngest of the blondes growled. “What’s even more disgusting is that some people have the nerve to show up and tell me that they would gladly be my new mate, or offer a family member.”

Normally that happens with fertile citizens,” Yong Guk mused, “are you sure you’re not a Carrier?”

Yah,” Dae Hyun yelled, “don’t joke like that this is serious.”

It’s because of Dae Hyun’s genes.” Both looked to Him Chan confused. “Really you two? You’re the ones who got us and you can’t figure out why?”

Both nodded unashamed. Him Chan shook his head speaking to Yong Guk, “then how and why did you want me? What all of a sudden changed your mind?”

You were hot,” he joked receiving a glare from Him Chan as a soft chuckled from Dae Hyun. “Alright in all seriousness, I have no clue, I just felt attracted to you. Something about you was calling my name.”

It’s because you could sense how well we could mate, that my genes didn’t carry anything harmful that would be passed down,” Him Chan explained, giving up on their intelligence.

Both nodded their understanding, though they were still a bit lost. Dae Hyun frowned, “then I must not be very good at sensing.”

You sensed Ji Eun’s gene quality; you can’t sense how you’re mate will far during pregnancy.”

Then why weren’t others after you?” Yong Guk once again brought in a joke this time his target being Him Chan. Him Chan glared at him.

I did have others coming up to me, though before I could even speak someone scared them away. I couldn’t really go after anybody else.” Him Chan teased, “The way I see it, I was practically forced to mate with you. You literally me.”

Dae Hyun fought back his giggles as Yong Guk’s mouth dropped his eyes wide. “Yah I did no such thing!”

Oh really?” Him Chan folded his arms, “so cornering me at school or at the market, trying to leave me hickies, isn’t considered me?”

No,” Yong Guk choked out.

Oh, then what was it?”

ual harassment,” Dae Hyun laughed out.

Yah,” Yong Guk cried out, “we’re going off the subject. Let’s go back to talking about Dae Hyun’s problem, not whatever happened in the past.”

Tch,” Him Chan clicked his tongue, turning his attention back to Dae Hyun, “will you be staying the night here for a while?”

Yup,” His answer was blunt.

You do know they’ll figure out where you are after a while?”

Yea,” Dae Hyun laid his head down to hide a grin, “but they wouldn’t dare to come here.”

And what makes you think that?” when he received no answer, he looked to his mate, whose face was beet red. He cocked an eyebrow in confusion, looking between the both who were trembling, their faces turning a burgundy before they burst out in laughter. He became more confused and their change in mood. Then his mind began to run over what Yong Guk had told him before. He stood up slamming his fists on the table grabbing his plate to eat elsewhere, “YOU’RE BOTH S!!!”

 

What’s got you so bothered this morning?” Dr. Yoo asked upon seeing a flustered Him Chan enter the room.

Him Chan shook his head dismissing his frustration, “it’s nothing.”

Dr. Yoo nodded with a smile knowing that it was most likely about the other’s mate. “Well, there’s really nothing to do today, unless you feel like helping out with some of #12086’s paper work.”

Him Chan shrugged taking the handful the doctor handed him. He sighed looking through some of the papers, seeing what Ji Eun hadn’t been able to finish. It hurt a little to see here handwriting.

Is everything alright?” Dr. Yoo asked noticing the slight frown on the younger's face.

Him Chan sighed, “Yes I’m fine, and it’s just still a shock that she’s not here.”

Dr. Yoo nodded, “it happens all we can can do is try our hardest to prevent it from happening, and if it does try to save the patient.”

I should have done something something sooner.”

You didn’t know what was going on.”

I would’ve been able to get her help sooner if I was so damn absorbed in my own problems.”

Him Chan, you lost your child,” Dr. Yoo raised his voice, “you had every right to wallow in your sorrow. She was pushing everyone away, even if you did notice sooner she wouldn’t have listened. Her mate was the one who should’ve sought out medical attention for her; he was with her every day.”

Dae- #14391 doesn’t know any symptoms,” Him Chan defended. “He wouldn’t know if it was here just being herself or if she was in any pain.”

His instincts are never wrong, so why did he ignore it?”

Him Chan shook his head, “he was never taught about following his instincts, he barely learned that when he moved here.”

Nonsense his parents would’ve taught him,” Dr. Yoo argued. “He was born outside the Facility wasn’t he?”

He was orphaned when he was eleven,” Him Chan sighed sadly, his anger spent, “the time before we’re taught about our instincts.”

Dr. Yoo was silent. Of course, being the doctor he should’ve known but for #14391 there was barely anything on file only what Him Chan had provided. He sighed.

Him Chan spoke before an awkward silence could sweep in, “have you found #14391 a new mate?”

Dr. Yoo shook his head. “I have to search through every available person in the Facility and I have to search for #15062 a mate.”

Him Chan had to think about whose number the doctor was referring to before it smacked him on the head. “Oh, you’re going to have Young Jae mated already?”

Why not?” the doctor shrugged. “He’s old enough there are those, who are younger than he is, that are already mate and expecting a child.”

Him Chan could only nod, his stomach twisting into knots as he digested the idea of Young Jae with someone he didn’t want. He nearly winced as he asked, “How will you introduce them?”

Chosen Mates are introduced the same way we introduce Replacement Mates,” he said indifferently.

Him Chan cocked his head to the side, “how does that process go? How are you able to force two unwilling individuals to mate?”

Dr. Yoo thought for a moment thinking of an easy way to explain the process. “When we have compatible specimens but remain unwilling, we have to inseminate the Carrier. Keeping an eye on the Carrier to ensure that they have successfully conceived. After the Carrier is a several weeks along, preferably before the first trimester ends, we bring them together.”

What happens when they meet?” Him Chan was worried.

Dr. Yoo sighed, “Well normally when the Dominate senses the child within; they study the Carrier for a while, circling them, with occasional touches, testing the waters so to say. The Carrier being pregnant will become easily , giving the Dominate the chance to mate them, marking them as theirs.”

Do they agree to it?”

Him Chan, that’s why there are only a handful that will receive Chosen or Replacement mate,” Dr. Yoo informed him. “Only a handful of males can follow their basic instinct, which is to mate and have healthy offspring regardless of anything else.”

What if the Dominate doesn’t accept the Carrier?”

It’s rare that the Dominate would reject the Carrier but it has happened before,” Dr. Yoo leaned back some. “When the Carrier is rejected the Dominate, he will unfortunately attempt to kill the Carrier.”

Him Chan’s eyes widened in shock and fear. Dr. Yoo straightened up, trying to soothe the younger blonde. “We step in before he is able to do any serious harm to the Carrier.”

What happens to the rejected Carrier?” Him Chan asked hoping he didn’t sound too hopeful.

They have to decide if they want to keep the child or abort it. The Carrier is then sent back home and kept watched over.” Dr. Yoo explained. “They eventually mate later on in life. You know that even we make mistakes, there is something we end up overlooking.”

Him Chan nodded, the answer would do for now. He looked to the folders in his arms, “I guess I better get to work on these.”

Dr. Yoo nodded, “and I have a lot of researching to do.”

Good luck with that.” Him Chan laughed softly.

Don’t worry, Him Chan, I’ll make sure to take special care of #14391,” Dr. Yoo assured.

Him Chan smiled softly, “don’t forget to take care of #15062.”

 

Appa? Appa?” Young Jae called out as he entered his father’s office.

The elder blonde hadn’t even heard him, his eyes glued to the computer screen before him, trying not to miss anything vital. A gently touch on his shoulder brought him out his trance. He looked up at the curious youngster, “what are you still doing up?”

I could see the light and hear you rummaging through the drawers,” he brushed back a stray hair.

Ah, am sorry,” Dr. Yoo sighed. “I’ll try to be quieter, try going back to sleep.”

I cant.”

Why not?”

Appa,” Young Jae looked down, “I don’t want my mate to be chosen for me.”

We talked about this already, Young Jae,” Dr. Yoo sighed heavily.

But Appa-.”

Young Jae-ah, listen,” Dr. Yoo cut him off, “you don’t even try to be social, how can I expect you to find someone?”

Why can’t I go-?”

No, you are not going outside of this Facility.” Dr. Yoo stated firmly, “You have no choice in the matter.”

What will genes tell you?” Young Jae screamed. “They don’t tell you if he’ll love me or if he’ll treat me right. All they do is telling you if he and I will have strong babies.”

Go to your room.”

It’s more like a prison cell, than a room.”

Young Jae!”

No, why do you hate me so much? You don’t want me at home, you barely see me now,” tears flowed down his now red cheeks. “Why won’t you just let me be?”

Young Jae-.”

Is it because of Umma?”

Dr. Yoo was silent and with that Young Jae knew everything was because of her. It always was. She was the one who had abandoned them so why was he getting punished. He hardly remembered what she looked like, but he knew that he looked so much like her. He didn’t choose to look her, nor did he want to. He never had a choice in life, he was always thrown into the flow, wherever it lead him, and right now it was getting ready to throw him into the bed of a stranger.

Please, don’t be like this,” he pleaded as more tears slipped out.

Dr. you sighed, hold back any emotions he could. “Young Jae-ah, please go to your room. I’ll try to find you a mate that I know you would get along with. I’ll ask his friends to see if he is nice.”

Young Jae nodded in defeat, slowly picking himself up. He hugged himself as he walked back to his room. Not even looking back at the old blonde.

Dr. Yoo sighed. What was he going to do? He didn’t want Young Jae to be unhappy, but he didn’t want anyone to take advantage of him. He never learned how to deal with certain problems when searching for a mate. His mother had left him too soon; she was supposed to teach him. Dr. Yoo couldn’t, Dominates perceive thing much differently than Carriers. The boy would just be a mess, he couldn’t ask anyone to teach him, because they can’t properly bond with him. Although he and Him Chan seemed to have a bond he couldn’t ask Him Chan to teach him, his mate would take it the wrong way. Though #12164 was very understanding his instincts took over when it came to Him Chan.