Decision too Big for the Maknaes to Make

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Him Chan sighed. It’s been over three weeks and Dae Hyun still didn’t go to the house. He knew the barn was cold and that the little heater he had couldn’t warm that whole room despite it being very small. He was tempted to just drag him back but Yong Guk had stopped him every time he took a step towards the barn. Young Jae was even missing him; although the blonde hadn’t admitted it out loud he and Jun Hong could see it clearly. Him Chan pouted when his mate had once again entered the house alone, no Dae Hyun behind him.

He’s fine,” Yong Guk assured. “We finished cleaning and fixing the basement, so we’re going to start putting things in. We’ll have him move down there once we get at least on bed in, its warmer in there.”

Him Chan nodded, “it’s weird not to have him around.”

I know, it’s just for now,” he smiled softly. “How’s Young Jae?”

He’s fine,” Him Chan sighed. “He’s just being a little irritable today.”

Are his hormones in full swing?” Yong Guk chuckled.

Him Chan nodded, “it would seem so. But he only snaps at Jong Up.”

Maybe it’s because he tried to mate him,” Yong Guk offered. “He might be holding a grudge.”

That’s what I’m afraid of,” the black-hair man sighed.

It’s probably just a phase,” he sat next to his mate, pulling him close. “Remember you were mad at me for something that happened when we were kids.”

I still hate you for that,” he pouted. Yong Guk laughed, “Yah, I thought we got passed all of that.”

Like you said, it’s what what you thought,” he smiled kissing his mate on the cheek. Him Chan let his mate kiss his lips. “Maybe you should’ve been a little nicer to me when we were younger.”

I was a kid,” he defended, “and Yong Nam did the same thing, but you became good friends with him.”

You were a jerk all through school,” he laughed. “How’s Dae Hyun behaving since we’re talking about jerks?”

Irritable,” Yong Guk gave a meaningful smile. “Can’t really blame him, we’ve been bugging him about how he’s doing and trying to get him to move back in.”

Him Chan nodded accepting his mate’s explanation. “So what are you getting me for Christmas?”

Don’t you already have him,” he poked his mate’s stomach.

Him Chan scoffed, “please this is more of a present for you since I have to go through all the work.”

I had to work hard to get him in there,” Yong Guk defended.

The younger pulled away slightly, “I want to see you pregnant.”

That would be a scary picture,” the maknaes laughed.

Yah,” Yong Guk glared.

You’re right,” Him Chan made a face. “I would feel sorry for my baby having to be carried by this hooligan. Who knows what he will learn inside his tummy.”

Yah,” Yong Guk tried again. “Why are you always saying I’m going to be teaching the baby bad things?”

Because you’re fun to tease,” Him Chan smirked.

I knew that was going to come back to bite me in the ,” he sighed. Him Chan cuddled close again. The maknae headed to the room to avoid their hyungs.

 

Jun Hong sat on the bed as Jong Up locked the door shut. He sighed, “What was it that was so urgent that you wanted to talk about?”

Jong Up hesitated, “It’s just something that’s been bothering me… but um... do you think…that umm...”

Jun Hong sighed, “Is it that bad?”

Jong Up nodded, “it’s been bugging me all night.”

Well what is it?” Jun Hong asked, he was scared, because there was not much that would cause the brunette to worry so much.

Do you think Yong Guk would ever cheat on Him Chan?” he said in one breath.”

Jun Hong stared at him in shock and disbelief. He couldn’t believe what he had just said. How did he come up with such an accusation? Jun Hong shook his head, “whoa, where did this come from?”

The brunette sighed, “well think about it. Ji Eun and Yong Guk knew each other before moving to the Facility.”

He knew Him Chan too,” the maknae pointed out.

But they didn’t know each other.” He countered. “And she didn’t seem interested in Dae Hyun. You told me what she did to Him Chan and what Young Jae said.”

But they were friends.”

Exactly, why else would she hurt Him Chan?” Jong Up exclaimed as quietly as possible.

But why would Yong Guk ever do anything like that?” Jun Hong laid himself down Jong Up joining him. “I knew she was looking around even when she was mated with Dae Hyun but I didn’t think she had a specific target.”

The brunette chewed the inside of his cheek, “do you think he was tricked?”

The maknae shook his head, “I don’t know. But I don’t get how he would or why. He was always busy of spent most of his time with Him Chan and us.”

Maybe he lied to all of us.”

Why would he hurt Him Chan though? Him Chan maybe a little quirky but that’s not excuse to cheat on your mate by sleeping with your best friend’s mate.” Jun Hong sniffed.

It would explain everything that happened.”

Jun Hong nodded, “okay. So everything is just a cycle of misery starting from those two? First Yong Guk and Ji Eun have an affair. Ji Eun gets pregnant by him. Dae Hyun is as clueless as ever believes the child is his. But she learns that Him Chan is pregnant too. She gets mad and takes out all her anger and frustration on Dae Hyun. As soon as she realizes that Him Chan’s baby is almost ready to be taken out she flips. Not wanting to face reality that Yong Guk is mated with Him Chan, she kills the baby while attempting to kill Him Chan. Young Jae interferes so she beats him to a pulp.”

And since she broke A LOT of Facility rules,” Jong Up sighed. “They would have to punished her.”

You think that’s why she hid at home?” Jun Hong asked. The brunette nodded. The maknae sighed, “So when she needed help she was desperate to stay away, but if she would've gone then she might’ve been able to save Yong Guk's baby. Though everyone would've found out that the baby was his and not Dae Hyun’s. I’m sure Him Chan would’ve kill Yong Guk.”

So there was still a possibility that Young Jae would've still been inseminated with Dae Hyun’s ? They would probably still want us to mate with one another,” Jong Up mused.

We would've never have come out here.” Jun Hong sighed. Rolling over so he could look at the older a little better, “what gave you the idea all together anyhow? Like what hints did you look for?”

Remember when Yong Guk explained about sensing the baby at three months?” When the maknae nodded he continued, “Dae Hyun couldn’t sense anything with Ji Eun. They said that the Dominate would only be able to tell if the baby is theirs. Yong Guk knew everything about Ji Eun. Her third month, when she needed attention, when she wanted to be left alone, and when she needed help.”

Jun Hong nodded, “we should probably figure out if there was a day or so that Yong Guk lied to us before telling Him Chan. There could still be a chance that he didn’t do anything.”

Jong Up sighed not really liking the idea, “When should we ask him?”

I don’t know,” Jun Hong admitted. “I think we need a little break from this misery. I’m not sure if we should even bring it up. It’s all in the past now.”

Wouldn’t you want to know?”

Yes and no.” Jun Hong's tears began to drip. “I would want to be told so I don’t look like a chicken with its head cut off. But I don’t want to believe the person I love would betray me.”

What about Dae Hyun then?” Jong Up asked. “Doesn’t he deserve to know? After all she had put him through; he probably thinks everything is his fault. Every day he would think of everything he could’ve done to make her happier when in truth it was her. He won’t even think about Young Jae because he thinks that he’ll mess up like he did with Ji Eun. He did nothing wrong, are we just going to let him believe he did?”

Jun Hong by now was crying. They were too young to deal with these decisions. He wanted to talk to Him Chan or someone about everything but he didn’t want everyone to be in more pain. They were still settling in and trying got get Dae Hyun back on his feet.

Jong Up pulled him into a hug, “we’ll talk to Him Chan about telling Dae Hyun, okay?”

Jun Hong nodded getting tight grip on the elder’s shirt. “Why can’t things just be simple? Why can’t we just be happy for once?”

I don’t know,” he admitted, “but we’re going to need to be strong for each other. Stay prepared for the worst.”

When should we ask about Dae Hyun?”

We could talk to them right now,” Jong Up offered, “but we probably should wait until you stop crying.”

The maknae nodded. The two waited in silence for a few moments longer before Jun Hong sat up. Wiping away his tears, “Let’s go, maybe Dae Hyun will come back to us sooner if he knows the truth.”

 

Hey you two what’s wrong?” Him Chan asked noticing the gloomy look they had. Yong Guk made room on the couch between them for the maknaes to sit.

Jun Hong sighed when they got a little more comfortable. “We were wondering…”

If we should tell Dae Hyun that it was Ji Eun who hurt Him Chan,” Jong Up finished. “And that it’s not his fault that Ji Eun…”

Treated him the way she did,” Jun Hong took his turn to finish. In truth they hadn’t practiced what they were going to say or how they were going to say it. The habit of finishing each other’s sentences stemmed from the years they spent together. “He should know that she…”

Didn’t love him and that she was looking around,” Jong Up winced internally hoping that the elders didn’t see them harshly.

Him Chan sighed heavily looking to his mate, “They’re probably right you know. Dae Hyun needs to know.”

He won’t believe us,” Yong Guk cleared his throat. “He’ll probably get mad at us.”

So we’ll give him space to think it over,” Him Chan shrugged. “We can’t leave him in the dark.”

We might have to chain him to his bed,” Yong Guk rubbed his temples.

Jun Hong had to look at his hand least he glare at the eldest. “Wouldn’t you want to know that nothing was your fault? That your mate was off possibly cheating with someone else. Or that your mate was a psycho and tried to kill someone.”

I know I would,” Him Chan sighed. “We should tell him.”

I’ll tell him,” Yong Guk said defeated. “If he gets mad I don’t want him to hurt you.”

Him Chan nodded. Jong Up spoke up, “I’ll go with. I can help you hold him down if he tries anything stupid.”

Yong Guk nodded. The two getting to their feet. Jun Hong was relieved Jong Up had jumped in, he was sure if Yong Guk would tell him. He need to know what he told him and Jong Up though not very bright at times was good at remembering the important stuff.

He leaned back in to Him Chan's arms hoping to feel comforted even if the elder didn’t know what it was he was comforting him about. Right now all he could do was hope as feeble as it was. He needed to hope that they were making the right choice. That telling Him Chan would be for the better. That Dae Hyun will recover and show Young Jae that he loved him. That Young Jae’s and Him Chan’s babies would be alright. That they can evade the Facility. That everything would be alright, this nightmare of never ending misery and pain will end…

That he could finally admit his feelings for Jong Up and have them returned….