The Underlying Color

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Jun Hong played with a strand of his hair, “I’m tired of this color. I want a new color.”

The brunette looked to him with a curious expression, “what color do you want?”

The maknae shrugged, “I don’t know.”

What are you two doing?” Him Chan asked as he sat on the couch.

The maknaes looked over to him from their place on the floor. The pink haired boy sighed, “I think it’s time for a new hair color.”

Well if you feel like changing it then change it,” he said simply. “How’s your homework coming along?”

Jun Hong pouted at the subject change, “alright.”

Did you finish your essay?” the black haired man asked as he picked up a book he had left on the tabled nearby earlier.

Jong Up shrugged, “We’re almost finished. It’s due next week, so we’re just putting in any final details and editing.”

Him Chan nodded, “were you guys able to alter the story enough to where they wouldn’t be able to connected it with our actual journey?”

The pink haired maknae nodded, “yeah, so far it sounds pretty good. And your a favorite right now.”

Really? I was sure Yong Guk or Dae Hyun would be,” Jong Up cut in before Him Chan could say anything. “Or us even.”

Love you two too,” the black haired man chuckled.

Jun Hong grinned, “when is Young Jae coming back? Dae Hyun looked close to having a breakdown earlier.”

The elder sighed, “he should be coming home today if everything checks out with him. But I pretty sure he’ll be in a wheelchair for a while; at least until he recovers. He might even have to be on bed rest again.”

That ,” Jun Hong scrunch his face. “He’s been going crazy being stuck on the bed all day. And he has the babies, how is he going to take care of them if he can’t get up?”

We’re going to have help him out,” he smiled sadly. “We’re going to have to prepare bottles for him, change them and put them in their cribs.”

He’s going to go into a depression for sure,” Jong Up said softly. “He won’t be able to bond with the babies if he needs everyone to help him out. He’s not going to like it.”

There’s not much else that he can do,” Him Chan said flatly. “Dae Hyun still has to work so he’s just going to have to make do with us.”

The maknae shook his head, “I still think it’s not fair.”

I know,” the elder sighed.

 

How is he?” Dae Hyun turned around to see Jong Up leaning on the door frame.

The silver haired boy smiled softly. “he’s just tired and a bit disgruntle. He’ll make a full recovery, but that will take about six months.”

The brunette’s heart went out to the sleeping blonde. “I’m guessing he cried himself to sleep.”

The elder boy nodded, “he’s frustrated that he won't be able to watch the babies on his own. He want to be able to do everything himself.”

The younger nodded, “Jun Hong was upset to hear that Young Jae will be on bed rest again.”

He’ll be to use a wheelchair in three months, but he’ll be limited on how long he can be on it,” Dae Huyn sighed with a heavy heart.

The brunette nodded chewing on his lower lip and he thought of his next question. “Hey Dae Hyun?”

What?” the silver haired boy looked to him.

Taking a deep breath he spoke, “did you ever work graveyard shifts at the Facility?”

Dae Hyun looked to him with confusion but answered any how, “yeah, several times. I even had to skip out on a few games with you guys. Why?”

Did Yong Guk have to work too?”

No, he didn’t need to,” the silver haired boy looked to the younger with suspicion. “I was doing overtime since I missed a few days when I got sick.”

Oh,” Jong Up nodded. He tried to force a smile, “I was just wondering.”

The elder didn’t believe him. “Why are you asking now? Is something wrong with that?”

The brunette shook his head, “no, it’s just that-. Uh.”

Just what?” he cocked his head to a side trying to decipher the brunette’s body language.

I’m trying to remember when we had over night games,” he lied. “Him Chan said we had several games that went on all night, but I don’t remember and I don’t really want to ask Jun Hong.”

Well if you guys did then it would’ve been when I went to work,” Dae Hyun still couldn’t figure out what the younger boy was trying to hide. “I only worked the night shift for about a week and we played twice a week so it might’ve been during that time.”

The brunette nodded, the date being confirmed by a third party. Jong Up quickly changed the subject, “would it be safe for Young Jae to dye his hair?”

The silver haired boy rolled his eyes as the brunette tried to smile innocently. He shrugged, “I don’t know, we’d have to ask Him Chan.”

Oh,” he sighed. “Well Jun Hong and I are going to the store later for some hair dye. Did you want to change your color?”

Again the silver haired boy shrugged, “I guess.”

What color?”

Uh....” the elder boy though for a few minutes. “I could try chocolate brown.”

The brunette nodded, “alright, now I just gotta see if Yong Guk or Him Chan want a new color.”

I don’t think Him Chan’s going to dye his hair,” Dae Hyun sighed making himself a little more comfortable next to his mate.

The younger boy cocked his head to a side, “why not?”

The silver haired boy shrugged, “something about hair dye possibly being bad for the baby. I’m not entirely positive that it’s true but I’m not going to argue with Him Chan.”

Jong Up chuckled, “Probably best not to. Oh, what color should we get for Young Jae?”

Dae Hyun chuckled, “let’s do purple.”

Why not brown?” the younger boy laughed.

The silver haired boy thought for a while, “what about brown with purple.”

It’s your funeral,” the brunette chuckled as he left the room.

 

Hey Yong Guk,” the maknae called out to the purple haired man as he entered the kitchen, “Jong Up and I are going to the store for some hair dye, do you need any?”

The elder man shrugged, “I don’t know.”

Then I’m just going to choose a random color for you,” he smirked.

The elder laughed, “get brown for me then.”

Nah,” Jun Hong hoked, “I don’t like you enough to get you anything.”

Yah, you punk,” he laughed. “Then don’t ask. Are the others changing their hairs?”

The maknae shrugged, “Him Chan said he didn’t want to. Jong Up looks fine with brown; he went to ask Dae Hyun if he wanted a new color.”

The elder nodded, “Have you seen Seo Gu?”

The pink haired boy shook his head, “No, Jong Up did, I think.”

I did what?” the brunette asked entering the room.

Have you seen Seo Gu?” Yong Guk asked.

The brunette nodded, “yea he and Jee Hye went to a friend's house.”

Ah,” he nodded. The pink haired maknae cocked his head to a side, “why?”

I was going to ask him if I could borrow the truck,” Yong Guk answered, “and see if Him Chan wanted to go with me to get groceries.”

Jong Up I think we better be quick on getting to the store and back before Yong Guk gets on the road,” the maknae joked.

Jong Up chuckled, “hey, did we want to get a soccer ball too?”

Sure,” Jun Hong shrugged. “We have a score to settle with someone any how.”

The purple haired man shook his head, “I hope you’re not talking about when we were at the Facility.”

I am,” the pink haired boy placed his hands on his hips. The brunette nodded, “you ditched us in the middle of a game. The game was tied and it never got settled.”

Yong Guk laughed shaking his head and crossing his arms, “I had to work.”

Yea, sure,” Jun Hong rolled his eyes, “you just didn’t want to lose because Dae Hyun wasn’t there to help you.”

Yah, don’t you two have somewhere to go?” the eldest asked with a small laugh.

We, don’t have to go now,” the maknae grinned, “we could always go later or another day.”

Go,” Yong Guk laughed giving the boys a light push towards the living room.

Jong Up took the younger boy’s hand into his before heading out the door. The couple laughing and making faces towards the purple haired man before exiting out the front door.

 

Alright what did you find out from Dae Hyun?” Jun Hong asked at the street corner.

The brunette sighed heavily, “Yong Guk didn’t have to work. Dae Hyun was only working to make up for days that he missed.”

The maknae nodded, “and he was just say he had to work. I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that he’s lying or the fact that he cheated on Him Chan or that he betrayed Dae Hyun’s trust.”

Jong Up nodded, “I just hope Dae Hyun doesn’t think that Young Jae would do anything.”

He wouldn't,” the maknae assured. “He knows Young Jae loves him and wouldn’t do anything to hurt him.”

Let’s hope so,” the shorter boy sighed. “How are we going to tell Him Chan? Shouldn’t we tell Dae Hyun as well?”

Jun Hong shrugged, “probably. I don’t know if we should tell them together or separately or who’d we tell first.”

I think we should tell Him Chan first,” the brunette spoke softly. “Maybe he can think of a way to break the news to Dae Hyun or if we should even tell him.”

The taller boy nodded, “sounds like a plan, but I think we should put all the facts together, and maybe let Young Jae know when we tell Dae Hyun.”

Why?” Jong Up looked to the younger boy.

The pink haired maknae stopped walking, nervously chewing his lips. “I asked him for help on researching a few things. He found out it was about Ji Eun and I’m pretty sure he already pieced the all pieces together.”

The brunette shook his head, not knowing what to do. “Let’s really hope Dae Hyun doesn’t get mad at him for knowing, especially now that the babies are born.”

The tall boy nodded, “I shouldn’t have told him, but Young Jae already knew that Ji Eun was up to no good. He knew she was jealous and what she was capable of. I just sort of wish that things were different.”

I wonder if Ji Eun would’ve been able to get Yong Guk’s from the Facility Hospital,” Jong Up tried to think of another possibility.

The pink haired boy shook his head, “I don’t think she has the authority to even enter that room. Plus, she’d have to get inseminated by a doctor and none would ever use another person that isn’t her mate. They’d lose their license. Everything is kept track of by Young Jae and Him Chan. I’m sure Him Chan wouldv’e known something was wrong is Yong Guk ended up short.”

Jong Up nodded his understanding, “should we ask Young Jae if he knows about any other possibilities? He might’ve been the one to count Yong Guk’s container.”

I guess,” the maknae sighed.

The elder boy asked, “when do you think we should tell Him Chan?”

I say we wait for a while so Yong Guk doesn’t become suspicious,” Jun Hong said thoughtfully. “Maybe we should get our facts together and figure out what we’re going to say.”

And we’re going to need an escape route,” the brunette folded his arms.