In the Eye of the Storm

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

What?” the maknae looked up shock written clearly on his face.

The elder looked away, “did Ji Eun and Yong Guk cheat?”

But how-? I haven’t told-.” he tried to sort out his thoughts.

Young Jae sighed, “Dae Hyun told me what you two asked him at the Bakery and when Jong Up asked about Yong Guk working late... And I thought about when you wanted to look up 'cheating’ in the books. Everything sort of fell in place.”

The blonde nodded, “it would seem so. Does Dae Hyun know?”

The elder nodded, “I told him that it was just a conclusion and that I didn’t know all of the facts so he would have to wait until you two came up with something.”

And unfortunately it would seem that you were able to figure out the truth without all the facts,” Jun Hong curled into a ball.

The purple haired boy gently ran his fingers though his hair, “did you tell Him Chan?”

The mankae nodded, “he was really quiet. I don’t think he’s ready to believe it yet or he doesn’t want to break down in front of us.”

The only question now is: what will he do when Yong Guk comes home?” Young Jae sighed.

I’m scared,” Jun Hong admitted his sobs filling the room once again although they were slightly quieter that before.

We all are,” the elder hugged him close. “I just hope nobody ends up with anything broken. Everyone’s already in some sort of pain already and I think that’s enough.”

 

Dae Hyun entered the kitchen already knowing what they wanted to talk to him about. Jun Hong’s tears were all he need to confirm his suspicions. He sighed, “I already know.”

Already know what?” Jong Up cocked his head to a side not understanding how the black haired boy would know what they wanted to tell him.

I already know what Ji Eun did,” he spoke softly not really wanting to admit it.

Him Chan scoffed, “and how did you find out before me?”

Jun Hong asked Young Jae to help him look up a few things,” he explained. “He took what he knew about Ji Eun, what he was told and what I was asked all into consideration.”

But how-?” The brunette was cut off by the black haired boy, “you asked me if Yong Guk ever had to work graveyard shift. When I told Young Jae that, he added all the pieces together. And now that I think about it... It makes perfect sense.”

How the hell are you taking this so damn well,” the black haired man snared scaring the brunette slightly.

Dae Hyun’s eyes filled with remorse for the elder, “Ji Eun is gone. I’ve moved on. You’re still with Yong Guk. You still love him.”

Him Chan’s eyes filled with tear, shaking his head, his voice cracking and thick, “why the did he go and sleep with her? Why the hell would he hurt me like that? Betray my trust and... Ugh.”

The chocolate haired boy had to grabbed the elder’s hands to keep him from ripping out his hair or hurting himself. Jong Up getting to his feet quickly, though he was at a loss at what he should do. Should he comfort the man? If so, then how was he to do that? Him Chan’s screaming and high pitched cried hurt his ears and shattered his heart. He now understood Jun Hong’s reluctance to tell Him Chan; it was destroying the man completely. What will happen to their child now? Would Him Chan let Yong Guk take her or would he?

Jong Up didn’t know how long he’d been standing there in the kitchen. He didn’t even realize that Dae Hyun had lead Him Chan to the room. Nor did he know how long it took for the black haired man to fall asleep before Dae hyun returned to get him. The brunette looked to the elder with lost eyes hoping to find some sort of answer, but none came. Silence passed by them as they joined the Carriers and babies in the room.

 

Young Jae sighed as he rocked Hyun Ki in his arms, his mate looking over to him in confusion, “What’s wrong?”

What are we going to do when Yong Guk comes home?” he asked softly.

The elder shrugged as he pulled the blanket away from Hyun Ok’s face, “that all depends on what Him Chan wants to do. The maknaes are more than likely not going to leave his side.”

The purple haired boy nodded, “but will he be able to forgive him?”

I don’t know.”

Are you?” the younger looked at his mate slightly worried. “Will you be able to forgive Yong Guk?”

What do you mean?” Dae Hyun looked to the younger.

He betrayed your trust as well,” Young Jae answered. “Even if you and Ji Eun are not together now, it still occurred when you were together.”

The chocolate haired boy shrugged, “I don’t know. Everything... is just a really big mess right now. All I know is that Him Chan is going have a harder time than I am.”

The younger nodded, “I don’t think the maknaes should be home when Yong Guk gets back.”

I don’t want you and the babies to get caught in the cross fire either,” the elder boy sighed as he readjusted the blanket to prevent his daughter from pulling it into her face.

But I can’t really go anywhere,” he spoke softly.

I know,” Dae Hyun looked to the baby boy in his mate’s arms. “I could ask Seo Gu if you could stay in their room until things calm down.”

I don’t want Him Chan to be alone,” Young Jae protested softly.

It’s just until they stop arguing.” The elder pointed out, “they’ll probably end up arguing in here.”

The purple haired boy nodded, “we should probably wake up the maknaes now, Yong Guk should be home soon.”

Let’s wake them up first, I’ll go see if Seo Gu’s home later.” Dae Hyun got up to place Hyun Ok in her crib before getting his son to place in the other crib. Walking over to Where Him Chan and the brunette maknae slept. Gently he shook Jong Up awake. The brunette looked at him with confused and heavy eyes.

Is something wrong?” the youngster asked as he tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

Dae Hyun shook his head, “no, I was just going to ask you and Jun Hong to go out for a little while, at least until things calm down just a little.”

The brunette nodded, “is Him Chan going to be alright?”

I don’t know,” he admitted, “only time will tell.”

 

Young Jae gently shook the maknae laying next to after his mate had taken Hyun Ki from him. The maknae groaned lightly but refused to wake up. The purple haired boy smiled softly, “Jun Hong, come on. Time to wake up.”

The blonde huffed peaking out of one eyes, “do I have to?”

Not really,” the elder smiled, “but do you want to be home when Yong Guk gets here.”

Jun Hong sighed pushing himself into a seated position, “no.”

Dae Hyun’s waking up Jong Up too,” the purple haired boy told him. “I don’t know how long their argument is going to last but I’m sure that Dae Hyun or Seo Gu will go looking for you guys as soon as its over.”

The maknae looked over to see Jong Up slowly getting out of the bed and Dae Hyun heading out the door. He looked back over to Young Jae, “what about you and the babies?”

Young Jae smiled, “Dae Hyun went to asked Seo Gu if we could wait it out in their room.”

The slender boy nodded, “alright. Be careful.”

Same to you two,” the purple haired boy patted his back lightly.

We will,” Jun Hong said softly as he forced himself out of bed, taking the brush offered to him by Jong Up to fix his hair.

 

The two maknaes walked in silence. Their hearts heavy with grief and worry for the black haired man. Guilt eating at them, should they have even said anything?

The brunette sighed, “were we right to say anything?”

The taller boy didn’t say anything. Jong Up looked to him in confusion and worry, “Jun Hong?”

It’s all your fault,” he said darkly with sorrow. “If you hadn’t said anything or figure out that Yong Guk could sense Ji Eun’s third month, then none of this would’ve happened. Him Chan wouldn’t be crying his eyes out and they could remain the happy couple that they always been.”

Him Chan would’ve questioned everything sooner or later,” he defended lightly.

Yes, but now we’re part of the reason why they’re going to break up,” the blonde was trying his best not to scream out.

The brunette shook his head, “It was Yong Guk who should’ve controlled his action. HE shouldn’t have gone behind Him Chan’s back especially not when he was already pregnant.”

We shouldn’t be messing in their affairs,” the tears now running freely on the taller boy’s face. “Why did you have to bring any of this up?”

Because I don’t want Him Chan to be kept in the dark,” the elder boy stopped walking. “And what if Yong Guk cheated with Hyeo Rim too, would you want Him Chan to be ignorant about that?”

Jun Hong walked away not wanting hear anymore. He didn’t care if the brunette followed him or not, he almost wished the elder boy didn’t chase after him. He wanted to be alone to clear his head of all the misery that was taking place. He continued walking until the brunette pulled his arm.

Jun Hong, look at me,” Jong Up spoke softly, but the younger continued to look away. The brunette sighed heavily, “do you hate me? Are you really that mad at me?”

The blonde pulled his arm out of the other’s grip, “and what if I am?”

Jun Hong, I thought we both agreed to tell them,” the shorter boy was close to tears. “We both wanted Him Chan to know the truth right? Isn’t that why we told him. Didn’t we want him to know why he lost his baby? Or why Ji Eun attacked him?”

NO!!” this time the younger looked at him. Without warning the blonde slapped the elder boy, “I didn’t want them to argue or to break up or any of this. I wanted to to finally have some sort of peace and happiness before the Facility caught up with us. I wanted Him Chan to give birth to his daughter with his mate, happily. Do you even know the meaning off that word?!”

Jun Hong,” he tried.

NO!!” the blonde screamed. “I don’t want to hear it! I’m tired of hearing you talk, because every time you do it’s always about something bad. I don’t want to hear about anything depressing anymore. I want to be happy, but you can’t seem to figure that out.”

Jun Hong-.”

No, shut up and listen to me.” Jun Hong glared, “you talked about about mating but never made a move or even thought about if we should mate before the snow melted or after. I don’t even know if I want to go with you to a different town. I’m not even sure I want to mate with you, because you can’t seem to just let certain things go. You haven’t even asked me what I wanted. Do you know what I want?”

Yes,” the brunette said confidently.

Oh really and what is that huh?” the younger scoffed.

You want a family and a happy home,” Jong Up spoke softly. “You want to have two maybe three children, depending on how you feel you did with the others. You want a home near a lake just so you can see the pretty landscape, not because you like fishing.”

The tall boy stared at the elder in disbelief. He didn’t remember telling the other any of that. The brunette continued, “I know because that’s what you always drew in art class. You didn’t have to tell me anything, because I know. I ask you things sometimes just because I want to hear them from you. I want to hear them in what ever detail you put them in.”

Jun Hong refused to ease up, “but you can’t seem to make me happy. So far you’ve only managed to make me cry.”

Jong Up watched in disbelief as the maknae walked away. His feet frozen, he couldn’t chase after the heart that didn’t follow. His heart was shattered, Jun Hong was lost to him. Was there any way he could make it up to the younger boy? How could he prove himself? Would Jun Hong even want him back?