Maknaes' Day Out

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

The maknae stretched out his arms as the two sat on a park bench. Jong Up smiled softly, "I hope we get hired soon."

The maknae nodded, "me too, but I also want to be home when Young Jae has the babies."

"Him Chan said it'll take a while to get them out," The brunette pointed out, "and to get him patched up."

"That's right, huh," the younger boy pouted. He looked up to the white sky that promised more snow. "I wonder what it'll be like when we have our own kids."

Jong Up blushed slightly and his heart beating faster than normal, "Jun Hong, I've been wanting to talk to you about something."

Jun Hong's heart was pounding loudly in his ears and his cheeks reddened anticipating what the slightly older boy was going to say. Playing coy, "What is it Jong Up?"

"I um," he stuttered out shyly. "I li-."

"Hey Zelo! Jong Up!" The pink haired boy was not in the mood for these two again. Resisting the urge to glare at them he forced a cheerful smile and waved with Jong Up doing the same.

Jung Min smiled, "How are you guys today?"

The girl next to him, whose name the maknae refused to remember spoke, "How was your guys' Christmas? Did you get anything interesting?"

Jong Up shrugged, "I think everything we got was interesting."

The pink haired boy nodded, "I like seeing the snow a lot more. We all had fun playing in it even Young Jae while he could."

The brunette nodded with a smile. The girl spoke again, "the snow? You guys have never seen snow before."

"We have," Jun Hong explained. "Our families just moved to another place when we were really little and they don't have snow there."

"Oh," she tried to giggle cutely while covering .

Jung Min smiled, "So where did you guys used to live?"

"Doesn't matter," Jong Up shrugged, "we didn't like it there so we rather not talk about it."

"Was it that bad?" The black haired boy questioned.

"Well, maybe not to others, but to us it was." Jun Hong shrugged.

"Oh." The girl became bold. "Are you two doing anything later because my mother is having a party and I wanted you two to come over."

"Actually we're applying all over town," Jong Up smiled.

Jung Min looked to the pink haired boy, "You know you probably don't have to work."

"Why not?" the younger looked offended.

The eldest tried to save himself, "I-I, mean that if your ma- I mean..."

The pink haired boy shook his head in annoyance, "I want to work and I want to help out my family and nobody is going to tell me otherwise. If you think you can control what I can do that you need to go find someone else."

Jun Hong got to his feet pulling Jong Up along with him as he walked away from the annoying pair. Jung Min couldn't even call out the tall boy's name; the maknae walking quickly to get away. The girl huffed and stomped her feet in annoyance at the pink haired boy's interference with her target.

Jong Up laughed softly, "Where are we going?"

"I don't know," he huffed stopping in front of the bookstore.

"Do you want to go to the Bakery for a while?" He asked gently swinging their hands.

The maknae shrugged, "wouldn't Dae Hyun be annoyed of us by now by always showing up?"

"Like you care," the brunette laughed as the younger boy pouted. "Come on."

Jun Hong smiled as he allowed the brunette to lead him to the corner shop and into the Bakery. Jong Up led him to a seat to the back of the little shop away from the counter and door gently forcing him to sit down.

"I'll go order," he smiled brightly, "is there anything specific you want?"

The younger boy pretended to think with a small hum. "Hot chocolate and one of those white powdery donuts that have the raspberry fillings... no wait... I think I want two of those."

Jong Up laughed, "I think I should order a dozen just to be safe."

"Hey," the maknae called out as the brunette bolted off to the counter to place their order.

Dae Hyun almost glared at the maknaes as they walked into the shop, he tempted to yell at them to leave but something seemed different with the two... Silently he watched... A smile formed on his lips... That's what was different. Jong Up seemed really sure of himself right now. He was the one leading the maknae right now. He resisted smirking as the brunette walked towards him.

Before the brunette could speak Dae Hyun cut him off, "I already know two large hot chocolates. Freshly made... What sweets do you rodents want this time?"

Jong Up chuckled, "I think we're going to need a dozen of the raspberry-filled powdered donuts and some chocolate chip cookies."

"Do you want a dozen of those too?" the silver haired boy laughed.

The brunette nodded, "might as well, we can take some home to Young Jae."

"I'm starting to think you two are making him fat instead of him being pregnant," the elder shook his head.

"I'm going to tell him you said that," the younger threatened.

"And I'll tell him you just want free sweets," he countered with a smirk. He grabbed a box and began putting the donuts in, "Anyways, what’s everyone doing?"

"Him Chan was playing a game with Young Jae; Seo Gu went to a friend's to help with something." Jong Up informed the elder. "You can put them in the same box since we're going to eat most of them here. Oh and Yong Guk went job search, we did earlier too."

"You two should apply here too," Dae Hyun said slyly.

"Really?" the brunette was confused.

"Yea, since you two are here almost every day eating something," he laughed as he placed the box on the counter.

Jong Up smiled and he pulled out some money to pay for their order while Dae Hyun started their hot chocolates. The brunette paid before receiving two plastic plates and several napkins from the elder.

Jong Up carefully stacked everything on the box, "How is everything in here?"

"You should've seen in earlier, I had to call Jee Hye in," he sighed. "I'm sure it's going to pick up again in a bit. I'll take your drinks out to you guys if it doesn’t get busy."

"I'll just come back and wait, hot chocolate doesn't take that long." Dae Hyun nodded before the younger went back to Jun Hong. By the time the brunette made it back to the counter Dae Hyun had poured their hot chocolate into two large mugs.

"Do you want whipped cream?" the silver haired asked shaking the can.

Jong Up nodded, "Jun Hong is going to want a lot."

The elder laughed as he put some whipped cream on the hot chocolates, topping the drink off with some chocolate sprinkles. He hand the two mugs to the younger boy waiting patiently behind the counter.

Jong Up smiled, "thank you."

"Enjoy," Dae Hyun said dismissively before waving him away.

Jun Hong could feel his cheeks burning loving the sweet treatment he was receiving from his lifelong friend. Sure Jong Up was always sweet on him but never had he gone up to order by himself even when they knew the person working. No, today was different he could feel it; he just hoped his cheeks weren't red.

The maknae smiled as the large mug of hot chocolate was placed in front of him. Slowly he reached out for the mug as the elder boy sat across from him. Jong Up opened the box that sat in the middle of the table to get a chocolate chip cookie to dunk in his drink. Jun Hong taking the opportunity to grab a donut before the brunette closed the box.

"So what was it that you wanted to tell me at the park?" the pink haired boy quickly took a bite of his donut not caring if he got the white powder on his face.

Jong Up almost chocked on his cookie receiving a giggle from the boy across from him and a worried glance from the silver haired boy behind the counter. His cheeks burned once again and his heart began to speed up, he reached or a napkin to clean his face. Looking at the pink haired boy he laughed.

"What's so funny?" the maknae pouted, his question not answered.

"You have powder all over your face," the brunette reached over with a clean napkin to take the offending substance off the younger's face. "There all gone."

The maknae shook his head desperate to hide his red stained cheeks, quickly taking a sip of his chocolate. "So what were you going to tell me?"

Jong Up laughed lightly at the pink haired boy’s impatience. "Well I wanted to tell you something really important..."

"Then stop beating around the bush," he huffed.

"Well, we knew each other since forever and..." he smiled sheepishly putting his half eaten cookie on his napkin. "I can't imagine being without out you..."

Jun Hong heart pounded his heart almost exploding with happiness and once the brunette said those three fatal words he was almost certain his heart will break out of his chest.

Jong Up his lips nervously as he continued, "Jun Hong, I-I thi-."

"Zelo, I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound so off earlier."

Dae Hyun and Jun Hong groaned in unison. Did this boy have nothing better to do? Both wanted to kick the crap out of him. That black haired boy just ruin what would've been the sweetest confession the two have ever heard. The boy was lucky he was only receiving glares at the moment because behind the glare were thoughts of murder.

"Can I make it up to you?" Jung Min begged.

Jun Hong was ready to tell the boy off until he heard that annoying voice. "Jong Uppie, how mean. Why did you just leave me like that?"

'Ugh, they work it pairs,' both Dae Hyun and Jun Hong thought.

Jong Up just looked at the two with a look of indifference, picking back up his cookie and shoving it in his mouth so he wouldn't have to answer the girl. The brunette wanted nothing more than to disappear as they pulled up chairs to sit with them at the tiny table meant for two.

"Hey," Dae Hyun called out, "if you're going to hang out here than order something, if not then I'm going to have to ask you two to leave. I can’t have people just sitting around doing nothing especially since it's almost peak."

The maknaes smirked as they took sips out of their cups watching the two quickly leave to order something.

Dae Hyun called out again as they headed back to the maknae, "and leaves those chairs where you got them they're not there for you to move around. Just sit down where they're placed."

Jun Hong almost chocked from laughter watching the two put the chairs back to their rightful place before taking a seat at booth closet to them. He quickly took his donut shoving it in his mouth to keep from laughing out loud while the brunette grabbed another cookie. Jun Hong knew he loved coming to the Bakery for a reason. Dae Hyun. That boy had knew exactly when to interfere.

"So, what was it you were saying?" Jun Hong wanted the brunette to continue and with the two annoyances nearby he wanted to see their devastated faces.

Jong Up smiled only to be interrupted a third time. The girl whined, "Jong Uppie why don't you sit over here with us?"

The brunette had enough, "I'm trying to talk to Jun Hong."

"But Jong Uppie-."

"NO!" He practically screamed. "I'm trying to tell him that I like him but you two keep interfering. Now would you two please shut up or go away or something because I'm tired of you hearing your voice."

The girl pouted, "I thought you were going to go to the party with me."

"I don't even know your name," he admitted. "I'm not even interested in you."

The girl gasped, "but I told you the other day when we came in here."

"And I didn't bother to remember it."

"You shouldn't be like that to a girl," Jung Min joined in.

Jong Up glared at him, "then take her and go somewhere else."

"Because-."

"I don't really care," the brunette cut him off. "I'm trying to talk to my best friend."

"And I want to date him," the black haired boy countered.

"So do I," Jong Up didn't notice the excited look on the pink haired boy's face as he watched the argument. "I want to have a fair chance at gaining his interest too."

"Jun Hong who would you rather have?" Jung Min pulled the maknae into the conversation getting out of the booth to stand near their table. "Me or some dimwit."

Jun Hong glared hard at the black haired boy. "The supposed dimwit is my friend, my best friend at that. He's been with me forever and I can't imagine my life without him. You on the other hand, I can live without."

Jung Min reached for the pink haired boy's hand, a mistake on his part. Jong Up quickly stood up pushing him away from the younger boy. He glared, "I don't think he wants you to touch him."

"Oh so you can think," the elder boy taunted. Another mistake. The black haired boy continued, "a fool like you wouldn't be able to take care of him."

Jun Hong wanted to protest but Jong Up's fist beat him to it. His hands covered his face in shock. He had not seen Jong Up fight before; the brunette hadn't raised a hand in front of him. He knew he could fight and now he had a chance to witness how well. Jong Up quickly dominating the fight throwing the elder boy out in the snow before walking back in.

The girl huffed glaring at Jun Hong, "this is all your fault. Jong Uppie was going to come with me tonight."

The pink haired boy scoffed in annoyance, "he's not interested. And only I'm allowed to call him 'Jong Uppie' so stop it. And words of advice: stay away from my Dominate."

She looked to the brunette for support. Jong Up smiled and waved at her as he reclaimed his seat in front of the maknae. Stomping her foot on the ground before sobbing trying to get his attention. When he didn't turn back to look at her she huffed as she stormed out of the Bakery. The maknaes happily returning to their cookies and donuts.

Dae Hyun was completely amused leaning on the counter as he watched the entire scene. He was going to jump in but there was no way he could bring himself to interfere with matters of the heart. Jee Hye and their boss had come out from the back to watch the commotion as well; he was slightly surprised that he wasn't told to break up the fight.

Jee Hye giggled softly, "Now he just has to confess properly."

"Why he practically yelled out that he like him," their boss said picking up a donut hole and popping it into .

"Because he loves him," Dae Hyun smirked. "And Jun Hong deserves a proper confession especially after all the crap they've been through together."

Jee Hye nodded, "and then he'll confess back. Oh this is so cute to watch."

"If these two confess then we can go home early," their boss shocked them.

"You guys should've stayed out here," Dae Hyun took a donut hole from the small basket the boss had placed in the middle of them. "Everything was really cute earlier. Jong Up chose the seat and had him wait while he got everything. He even had a small little speech going... until those two ruined it."

The women 'ahh'ed. Their boss thought for a moment, "Hey Dae Hyun there is a mistletoe that I forgot to hang up near the sink."

The silver haired boy didn't need to be told twice to get it. He held it carefully in his hands, "Where should I hang it?"

"Put it right there, two booths away from them," the girls rushed him.

The maknaes didn't notice anything around them as they sat in silence. Jun Hong was debating if he should eat a third donut when the brunette spoke.

"Jun Hong, I really like- actually..." he smiled shyly a blush visible on his cheeks, "I love you."

And just like that Jun Hong felt his heart exploded. Time stopped around them as the brunette waited for a response from him. The pink haired boy felt tears stinging his eyes. Taking a deep breath he said, "I love you too."

Jong Up smiled brightly. The smile that only Jun Hong could see. A smile that was pure and so full of happiness. He held out his hand over the table, "Would you be... my boyfriend?"

"It's about damn time you asked," the maknae said as he took the elder's hand; the two laughing at the little joke. They looked to the counter hearing loud cheers coming from the three. Their faces became red with embarrassment having forgotten about them. Looking around the Bakery they noticed they had a little crowd watching them.

"Maybe we should go home?" Jong Up spoke softly looking to the pink haired boy. Jun Hong nodded; the two quickly finishing off the warm chocolate and closing their box of sweets. Jong Up held the box in one hand and Jun Hong's hand in the other as they slipped out of their seats making their way out of the Bakery.

"AHH! Just a minute you two," Dae Hyun called out. The two looked to the silver haired boy. Dae Hyun smirked as he pointed above their heads. Looking up the faces burned even hotter.

'When did that get up there?' Jun Hong thought as the two looked back at the silver haired boy whose smirk widened.

"Come on where's your holiday spirit," Jee Hye called out with excitement.

"Let's just go," Jun Hong huffed in embarrassment. The Bakery was filled with 'boo's.

Jong Up smiled earning a confused look from the maknae. He quickly pulled the taller boy in for a kiss before pulling them both out of the little shop as fast as he could. Cheers erupting behind them.