An Unexpected Visit

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Jong Up had to admit when they had explained to Dae Hyun what had happened to Him Chan; he expected him to yell, scream, fight, and be angry or something. He wished he had. Instead he looked even more broken. He sat in complete silence, not comprehending what he just been told. Like it was all a dream. Nothing around him existed. The dispirited silver haired boy laid himself down on his bed, just staring at nothing. He remained silent for several more minutes before his pained sobs filled the room.

Yong Guk just watched him. Not moving to comfort him. He just watched as he broke even more. Losing all hope. Screaming to for death to come.

Jong Up wanted to scream at him that he was part of the reason why their friend was so torn apart but he had promised Jun Hong that they would wait until they knew more before accusing him.

Jong Up moved to Dae Hyun hoping to comfort him at least a little bit, but Yong Guk held him back. He looked at him wondering why. Why couldn’t this broken boy feel some sort of ease?

Yong Guk shook his head, “leave him alone. He needs time to take this all in.”

Jong Up pulled his arm out of his grip, “you can go. I rather try to help my friend.”

Yong Guk looked at him in shock. Not believing the brunette had used such an attitude towards him. He wanted to say something but the brunette had given him a light shove, “go back to the house. I’ll watch Dae Hyun. Alone.”

Yong Guk watched as he moved to the bed. Sitting at the edge he pulled the other’s body into his lap trying to comfort him as best as he could. With a shake of his head Yong Guk left.

Jong Up sighed in relief. He didn’t mean to be harsh but he couldn’t take his indifference towards Dae Hyun’s emotions. The elder was willing to just let him suffer on his own. Jong Up silently cried with Dae Hyun.

 

Him Chan looked to Yong Guk when he entered the kitchen. “How is he?”

The elder shook his head, “He just cried. He didn’t even yell or anything. He just stayed quiet for a while and then cried.”

Him Chan’s expression saddened. “He probably knew she wasn’t happy, he just didn’t want to hear the truth.”

Hearing that it was Ji Eun who killed our baby seemed to upset him more.”

Him Chan nodded. His mate wrapping his arms around his waist pulling him closer. Him Chan breathed in his scent, “where’s Jong Up?”

He wanted to stay with Dae Hyun.”

Him Chan nodded his approval. “Well I should get back to making lunch.”

 

Jun Hong laid next to Young Jae on the bed. Both were bored and couldn’t think of anything to do. The maknae was getting tired of waiting for Jong Up; he didn’t know what was taking so long. Did something happen? Was he going crazy with rage or did he fall deeper into his pit of depression?

Young Jae sighed, “how is Dae Hyun doing?”

Jun Hong looked at the blonde through the corner of his eye noticing the distant look on his face. “I don’t know, but we decided that it was best it he knew what Ji Eun had done.”

He could see the worry on the elders face, “Yong Guk and Jong Up are going to talk to him. Explain everything that was happening with her.”

Young Jae nodded. In a whisper he said, “I want to see him.”

The maknae sat up, “but wouldn’t that be dangerous?”

I don’t know,” Young Jae said, “but I want to make sure he’s alright.”

He watched the blonde rub circles on his expanding tummy. Jun Hong couldn’t help but smile affectionately at the bare skin. He reached out to touch it.

Young Jae having had grown used to people wanting to touch his swollen belly so he didn’t mind the maknae. He smiled softly watching the maknae’s eyes light up as he rubbed his stomach.

Jun Hong sighed, “We’d have to sneak out. I think Him Chan and Yong Guk would have a heart attack if you went out there even if Jong Up and I are with you.”

Young Jae nodded. “Then we should go now before Him Chan finishes with lunch.”

The two quickly got off the bed and pulled on some warm clothes. Both sneaking down the stairs with their shoes in hand, not wanting to get caught before they reached the door.

Jun Hong thought he was going to have a heart attack when they opened the door. The cold air filled the room quickly with a soft howl and the hinges squeaked. Looking around they realized the couples were too caught up to notice anything around them. They rushed out the door pulling on their shoes not caring about the cold wetness that seeped in when they stumbled putting their shoes on. Jun Hong holding Young Jae up so he would fall to the ground at risk of hurting the babies.

 

Jong Up looked up hearing the barn door open downstairs. Was it Yong Guk? No… the steps seemed hurried. Did he miss something? He was luckily he did have to wait too long to find out who was coming up but when he saw them he almost burst into a panic.

What are you two doing out here?” he asked forgetting that Dae Hyun was asleep.

It’s not fair that I’m not allowed over here and you are,” Jun Hong pouted then sighed. “Young Jae wanted to see how he was doing.”

How is he?” Young Jae spoke before the brunette could say anything else. Jong Up sighed, “he’s a complete wreak.”

Young Jae nodded moving to sit near Dae Hyun’s head. Gently he ran his fingers through the ravaged locks. He couldn’t find the words to say only hope that his small gesture would give him some warmth.

Dae Hyun slowly opened his eyes sensing a crowded room. He looked around seeing Jun Hong standing in front of him. Jong Up was holding him gently rocking his body. And Young Jae… Young Jae was petting his hair.

Dae Hyun sat up slowly. He looked over the blonde sitting on his bed. What was here doing out here? It’s too cold for him to be out here. And his babies. Dae Hyun’s eyes moved to his stomach. He could see his stomach had grown quite a bit.

Hi…” Young Jae spoke softly his cheeks powdered a soft red.

Dae Hyun nodded. His voice cracking, “hi.”

You look terrible,” he sighed. His eyes lowering to his lap.

Dae Hyun nodded again. He knew he looked like crap, but he felt worse. “Why are you out here?”

I want to see if you are alright,” he scoffed lightly, “but I can see you’re not.”

Dae Hyun wanted to laugh. The nerve of this blonde. He was sitting there teasing him. He shook his head, “it shouldn’t matter to you.”

The maknaes quietly left the room feeling that they were not needed at the moment. Jun Hong pulled the door closed after them. The maknaes waiting near the door for in case anything should happen. Trying hard to listen to what was said through the door.

Why shouldn’t it matter to me?” Young Jae sighed once the door was closed. “You’re my friend and, even though not by choice, you’re the father of my babies.”

Dae Hyun bit his tongue trying to hold back his tears. “But I hurt you and I could’ve killed them.”

You saved them from that man,” Young Jae chocked out. “HE was going to kill them. HE wanted to me. I was goin to be forced to carry his baby and be his mate.”

Dae Hyun shook his head, “I shouldn’t have choked you.”

You couldn’t help it.” he offered a weak smile. “I think you were trying to mate me as well.”

What do you mean?” he blushed.

The blonde chuckled softly. “When he was trying to force himself on me I began to feel weak but when you began fighting with him I was freed from that hazy feeling but I was still too dizzy to move. And then… you moved on top of me, the feeling returned. Only it felt a little different. Even though you were hurting me…my body grew hot…”

Dae Hyun looked away. He was thinking back to what happened. Realizing his own body was hard seeing Young Jae in such a vulnerable state. “I still shouldn’t have done that. There’s no excuse for me to have hurt you so.”

Actually there is,” Young Jae blushed. “Him Chan kept some books from the Facility. I was reading through them and… I found that some Dominates can get jealous… you might’ve just reacted on your instincts. When you saw that he was being rough with me… you’ve might’ve unconsciously assumed I wanted to be handled that way.”

 

The maknaes were dying of laughter. They could only imagine their hyungs’ facial expressions and how red they were. Their hands clasped hard against their mouths desperately trying to keep quiet.

Of all things it could’ve been. Jun Hong was relieved to know that someone had found an explanation for what happen but he was not expecting this. He almost wished that Dae Hyun did take Young Jae out there on the streets then everyone would know why he did what he did. Although Young Jae would have been mortified. Maybe Dae Hyun would've found out about the twins on his own. Jong Up quickly motioned him back to the door.

 

I… I didn’t mean to,” Dae Hyun stuttered out. “I tried to stop.”

I know,” Young Jae blushed, “I remember now. I could faintly hear you.”

But I wasn’t saying anything.”

“…” Young Jae looked at him not believing that he hadn’t said a word when he was chocking him. “Then why could I hear your voice?”

I don’t know…” Dae Hyun scooted further away. “Maybe it was because I was trying to…”

You referred to them as ours,” Young Jae said quietly. “Why?”

I don’t know,” Dae Hyun spoke quickly. His heart running a marathon, “I just…. I don’t know…. I didn’t want to hurt them. I didn’t want to hurt you either.”

Dae Hyun…” Young Jae’s voice quivered; preparing himself for heartbreak, “do you love me for me?”

A lump formed in his throat. How could he answer Young Jae? He wasn’t even sure how he felt about the blonde. He did know how he felt about anything right now. He needed time. Time to sort himself out before he burdened anyone else. He couldn’t jump into a relationship when he was still untangling himself from his previous one.

I’m sorry, I was stupid to ask,” the blonde turned away to hide the tears running down his cheeks. His heart hurt. It was getting hard to breathe.

I’m sorry Young Jae,” Dae Hyun sighed. “I just need time to sort myself out. I don’t want to give you false hope.”

The blonde nodded. Both sat in silence trying to hold back their tears. Chocking back their sadness. Their breathing shook their bodies as they fought their emotions from running freely.

 

Yong Guk raced up the stairs noticing the maknaes listening intently to the door. He couldn’t think straight as worry and fear took control of his body. He didn’t mean to sound so harsh to the maknae as he moved them away from the door. He let himself in not bothering to knock. Dae Hyun and Young Jae looked at him in shock and fear, unshed tears shining in their eyes. What happened here?

Yong Guk pulled the blonde to his feet, “what are you doing out here? We told you never to leave the house unless one of us is with you.”

But Jong Up-.” Young Jae defended

He’s just a kid himself,” he yelled. The blonde cowering in fear. “Go back to the house, Him Chan's worried sick about you.”

Yah,” Dae Hyun spoke angrily as the blonde ran out of the room. “There was no need to grab his arm so hard and you didn’t have to yell at him.”

You just stop it,” Yong Guk didn’t even know what he was saying. “He shouldn’t have snuck off like that.”

He just wanted to see how I was doing,” Dae Hyun defended.

Yong Guk shook his head, “it was a risky move.”

Why? I didn’t do anything to him now did I?” the younger deadpanned.

Yong Guk was defeated. He was right Young Jae was unharmed. He shook his head turning away, “We don’t know what will happen or what would've happened.”

Jong Up watched in shock as Yong Guk left with a huff. Dae Hyun threw himself back on to the bed in frustration. He hoped Jun Hong and Young Jae made it back to the house already before Yong Guk said anymore to them. He was torn between going after them and comforting Dae Hyun. He squeezed his eyes shut hoping he was making the right decision as he walked in to the little room. Him Chan should be able to calm Yong Guk down and protect them. He just hoped the black haired man didn’t scold them as well.