Maknaes’ Decision, Him Chan’s Disapproval and Fears

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Dae Hyun patted each of the maknaes gently on their backs as he entered the room, “have you two thought about what I said?”

The two nodded. Jong Up sighed, “we got into detail and came up with all the possibilities we could.”

Are you two positive you want to go through with this?” he asked carefully.

Jun Hong sighed, “Yes, we are.”

I know it’s probably not going to be a big change for you two but,” Dae Hyun smiled sadly, “you two might not be able to have children for a while.”

We know,” Jun Hong fought back his tears offering a smile in return. “That’s why when the snow melts we want to see if about places farther away and when we find a place we can come back for everyone else.”

Jong Up nodded, “It would be harder for them to figure out we are in a place if we’re separated for a little while. I don’t think they would be looking for us; they might just want Young Jae and Him Chan back.”

Dae Hyun nodded, “we’re going to have to bring that up with them too. We have to come up with an excuse when we disappear when the snow melts especially since we have to quit working.”

Have you told Young Jae?” Jong Up asked slightly off topic.

The silver haired boy smiled, “we talked about it. I don’t want him to have a heart attack when you two announce it to everyone. He’s excited about it but he’s too exhausted to spaz out like a lunatic.”

The maknaes nodded laughing softly. Taking a deep breathe Jong Up said, “Well maybe we should bring it up now. Give everyone a chance to think about everything.”

Dae Hyun nodded, “I’ll have Seo Gu get everyone else if you two get some blankets for Young Jae and wake him up.”

 

Him Chan,” Yong Guk called his mate, “The kids want to talk with all of us.”

What for?” he asked confused. “Don’t tell me they want to throw another party; we just had one a few days ago.”

I don’t think so,” the elder shrugged, “They wouldn’t ask Dae Hyun to take Young Jae to the living room for a party. And I doubt they would want a party when Young Jae is bedridden.”

Him Chan sighed with a nod, “alright, I’m coming down.”

Yong Guk smiled, “Don’t come upstairs if you have trouble going back down.”

And where am I supposed to go?” he huffed.

Just stay in the room with Young Jae,” he pulled his mate off the bed. “You two need to stop being so territorial and learn to share.”

You tell him that,” the black haired man defended.

Dae Hyun already talked to him about it when he got home last night,” he informed the younger.

As the couple walked down the stairs they could see Dae Hyun trying to make the couch as comfortable as he could against his mate’s protests. Jong Up trying to calm the silver haired boy down and Jun Hong laughing from his perch on the couch’s armrest. Jee Hye and Seo Gu walking out of the kitchen with trays of drinks and snacks.

Him Chan sighed as they settled into their chairs waiting for the maknaes to speak up. Jee Hye decided to hand out some snack to let the maknaes work on their courage. Everyone accepting the snacks that were offered.

Jong Up took Jun Hong’s hand into his own. The two smiled at one another, it was all the brunette needed to build his courage up. He turned to the elder couples, “We wanting to ask everyone something very important.”

Everyone was silent giving them their full attention, patiently waiting the brunette to continue of for the maknae to take the lead.

Jong Up took a deep breathe, “Jun Hong and I want to mate.”

Aww, aren’t you two cute?” Jee Hye cooed her mate chuckling beside her.

Him Chan almost chocked on his own breathe, glad that he didn’t have anything in his mouth or he would've really chocked. “But you’re both too young.”

I’m only two years older than Jong Up,” Dae Hyun pointed out, “and Young Jae is only a year older than him.”

Young Jae nodded in agreement, “and Dae Hyun was mated before, so he would've been Jong Up's age when he mate with Ji Eun.”

Mean Dae Hyunie molested my little Jae. Ugh, Dae Hyun is a little ,” Him Chan countered earning giggles from everyone except for Dae Hyun whom glared softly. Young Jae gently patted his mate’s hand trying to comfort him.

I don’t think it’s their age you’re having a problem with,” Yong Guk said softly. The eldest couple watching quietly wanting to understand why Him Chan was being apprehensive.

You two just started dating and you’re already thinking about mating,” Him Chan protested. “I think it’s too soon.”

Why not?” Jun Hong said trying to keep his tone steady, not wanting to start a fight. “We’ve known each other for years and we do everything couples do with the exclusion of ual .”

Because your feelings could still change,” he continued.

Weren’t you the one who’s been saying that we should get together?” the maknae pouted.

Together yes, but mating is a huge step.” Yong Guk placed a hand on his stopping him from continuing. The purple haired man sighed, “Him Chan?”

The black haired man shook his head. Young Jae asked softly, “what’s wrong Him Chan? Why are you so against them mating?”

He didn’t answer. Instead Him Chan stood up from the couch and headed back up the stairs, not bothering to look at anyone as he left the room. Eyes on him in astonishment and confusion before turning to his mate. Yong Guk’s eyes never left his mate as he stood up and slowly followed his mate.

Dae Hyun sighed looking to the upset maknaes, “give him time, he’ll come around. He probably still sees you two as babies.”

He never knew us as babies,” Jong Up said softly glancing at the maknae next to him. The maknae was fighting with his emotions; he could see it in his eyes. He knew that Jun Hong was angry and very sad with Him Chan's reaction. He knew because he felt the same.

Dae Hyun sighed, “but I think he’s pretended for so long that you two were his babies and because of that he doesn’t want you two to grow up.”

The maknaes nodded not know what else to say. Jee Hye gave a weak smile, “Would anyone like more hot chocolate?”

Everyone gave a silent nod. No one had even touched the first cup but they nodded any way. They knew it was a way for the elder couple to escape the awkward tension and give them space to sort out their emotions.

Young Jae sighed, “he’s probably just worried about the Facility.”

Well if he would've listened to what we had to say,” Jun Hong huffed. “We talked about the Facility before we made it official, before going to anyone else.”

Dae Hyun nodded his confirmation when his mate looked to him in question. “They asked me this yesterday at work. I told them they had to think about the possibility of the Facility catching us and of Jun Hong being pregnant.”

But we didn’t,” Young Jae pointed out. “We didn’t think about the Facility at all when we mated.”

You were already pregnant,” the silver haired boy pointed out.

Jun Hong sighed, “They wanted us to mate anyhow so what difference would it make if we did now?”

Maybe he thinks we’re moving too fast,” Jong Up tried. “He might think we’re still awkward with each other.”

Young Jae nodded, “that could be the case. Jun Hong are you sure your completely over what happened?”

The maknae nodded, “I doubt I’d be able to share a shower with Jong Up again if I wasn’t.”

They’ve been taking showers together for a long time,” Dae Hyun explained to his perplexed mate. “After the whole mating incident, Jun Hong hadn’t showered with him until about… a few weeks ago.”

Young Jae nodded his understanding. He sighed, “we’ll just have to let Him Chan sort out his feelings before he lets you two know anything.”

I guess we’re going to be waiting for another thirteen years before he lets us mate,” Jun Hong joked.

I feel sorry for his kids when they become old enough to mate,” Dae Hyun chuckled.

 

Yong Guk pulled his mate close as he laid on the bed behind him. He gently petted his hair, “what’s wrong Him Chan?”

The younger shrugged. The purple haired man breathed out, “are you sad that they’re growing up?”

Again he shrugged with a soft sigh, “I know it’s probably a stupid reason.”

No, it’s not,” he said softly. “That’s why they want your approval and when you didn’t approve they looked like they were about to cry.”

I guess I’m scared for them too,” he admitted. A kiss on his shoulder encouraged him to continue. “I’m scared for Jun Hong. Mating and pregnancy is different for everyone, I don’t want him to get hurt.”

You’re afraid he’ll lose his first child…” Yong Guk hesitated, “or that he’ll lose his life.”

Jong Up could lose them both,” he choked out a soft sob. “There are so many things that could go wrong.”

I know Him Chan,” the elder hugged his mate tightly, careful not to squeeze his stomach.

The black haired man cried, “We aren’t even sure if Young Jae or I will make it through our pregnancies.”

You’ll both be fine,” he tried to encourage his mate. Him Chan shook his head, “how do you know that? How do you know Dae Hyun won’t have to go through losing another mate? Or that we won't lose another baby?”

I don’t,” he admitted, “but I know that we’ll do anything for our mates and that we are going to be with the both of you every step of the way. And Jong Up will be there for Jun Hong.”

Him Chan rolled over to face his mate, “I just don’t want any of them to get hurt.”

I know,” he smiled softly, “we all know.”

And if we are found?” Him Chan continued. “What then? If Jun Hong is pregnant? Would they be torn apart? Dae Hyun and Young Jae are already at risk of losing each other.”

Then we might just have to take Jun Hong to get a checkup and let them mate when he’s not in a Fertility Peak,” Yong Guk proposed.

Are we really going to keep them from starting a family?”

They probably don’t want to start having kids until they are finished with school.”

But later on,” Him Chan wiped away his tears, “when they are done with school, how will we know when the Facility has stopped looking? We are all going to be living in some type of fear. I don’t want him to be pregnant and having to constantly looking over his shoulder.”

The elder shrugged, “we’ll just have to talk to them about it. Who knows, maybe they already discussed that before deciding to bring up mating to us. You know we didn’t date before we mated.”

And that’s your fault,” he gave a small smile. The elder laughed, “I know, but at least the maknaes have a childhood friendship instead of our rivalry. They’ll be fine.”

Their relationship is already better than ours,” he smirked.

Yong Guk laughed, “jealous already?”

No, but I need to talk to them. I need to apologize,” Him Chan sighed as he tried to sit up. He glared softly at his mate whom held him in place with a smile.

Yong Guk kissed his mate’s forehead before getting up, “I’ll go get them and make sure they aren’t in a bad mood. And you’re slow going down.”

Yah!” Him Chan threw a pillow at his mate whom chuckled as he retreated out of the room.