Breathing Room

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

A knock interrupted his nap. He knew he hadn’t been asleep for very long so he knew Hyeo Rim was still downstairs. He glared through the closed doors at whoever was knocking. He pushed himself farther into the closet, hoping whoever it was would go away.

Him Chan?” a deep voice called.

The black haired man found himself at the back of the closet with wide eyes, staring into the darkness.

Him Chan open the door please.” Yong Guk knocked hoping to get his mate’s attention.

Him Chan refused to answer. He didn’t want to acknowledge that his mate was sitting outside the room door. Why couldn’t people see that he wanted to be alone?

Him Chan,” he could hear the worry and sadness his voice.

Slowly he crawled to the door. Peeking out, he could see the light flooding in from underneath the room door. He could tell that the elder’s back was pressed to the door as he sat on the cold floor waiting for him to answer.

Him Chan continued to watch from where he sat at the closet door. He didn’t hear any other voices or footsteps; meaning everyone was still downstairs, giving them their privacy. He sighed hearing his mate knock again. He crawled quietly to the door sitting in a position similar to his mate. He smiled softly hearing his mate call out again.

Why does everyone keep coming up here?” he said softly.

We’re worried about you guys.” His mate’s low voice answered quietly. “We want you to be alright.”

We’re fine,” he insisted, “just please go away.”

Him Chan,” he sighed. “Please let us in or me at least.”

I don’t want to see anyone,” Him Chan choked. “I can’t.”

Please Him Chan,” he begged. “I want to know for certain that you’re both alright.”

We are.”

Please don’t treat me the way Ji Eun treated Dae Hyun.”

I’m not-.”

Then why does it feel like it?” Yong Guk questioned.

I don’t know,” a broken whisper came.

Will you please open the door so we can get you guys checked over?” Yong Guk could hear his mate sighing behind the door silently debating if he wanted to let anybody in. he looked back at the door hearing movement, eyes darting up when the door lock click. Getting to his feet in time to have the door open revealing a disheveled Him Chan, his eyes red and puffy; the tears gently streamed down his cheeks. Yong Guk pulled his mate in to a tight embrace. Kissing him gently and whispering words of comfort.

 

Jee Hye sighed softly. She looked down at the maknae staring of into space, his eyes glazed over. He refused to voice his thoughts, but she knew that he was too scared beyond belief to let anyone in. She could only hope that he wouldn’t shut himself off from everyone completely. He was too young to give up and she was afraid that he might even be thinking about giving up on searching for a mate. She couldn’t help but think that he didn’t want to end up like his blonde friend.

Jun Hong couldn’t believe Dae Hyun had hurt Young Jae. When he left him to find Him Chan he didn’t even see a hint anything indicating that he would turn violent to the blonde. In Dae Hyun’s eyes all he saw was worry and fear. There was nothing to explain what had happened.

Did Dae Hyun really hate Young Jae that much? Or was he just that much in love with the blonde? Did is mind twist the facts around? Did he think that Young Jae was purposely letting the man kill his baby? Whatever it was, Jun Hong was scared. He didn’t want anything like that to repeat itself.

The scariest thought ran into his head, ‘Would Jong Up had killed the baby if Dae Hyun hadn’t shown up?’

The pink haired maknae sat up ignoring the looks he was receiving; his mind was too busy trying to figure something out. ‘Why didn’t Dae Hyun do anything to Young Jae when Jong Up tried to mate with him? Was it because he didn’t know the baby was his? What would he have done if Jong Up did mate with him and he found out about the baby?’

The maknae stood up. He needed to find out if what Dae Hyun was feeling right now. He headed out the house. If he had any sort of feelings for Young Jae then he should be feeling bad, but if he didn’t…. Jun Hong paused for a moment. He didn’t know how to feel at that moment. Should he be angry or sad? Shaking it off as he continued. Even if neither of them said anything he would be fine, he just need to see how he was holding up.

Biting his lips nervously he ascended the wooden stairs to the second floor. He could see the light from the room.

Yong Guk must’ve left it open,’ he thought as he got closer.

Peering into the room took all the courage he could muster. He knocked gently on the door frame. Jong Up motioned for him to come in. Taking quiet steps into the small room he sat in chair at the end of the bed. He looked to the silver haired boy lying on the bed.

Dae Hyun didn’t move. He just stared at nothing. He was a mess from what Jun Hong to see. He wasn’t happy to see his hyung in this state, just relieved to know that he didn’t mean to hurt Young Jae.

He’s been crying all day,” Jong Up spoke softly. The maknae nodded. The brunette sighed, “How’s Him Chan?”

Jun Hong shrugged, “he let Yong Guk in.”

The elder boy nodded. “Is Hyeo Rim here?”

Yeah, but I don’t know how much help she’ll be.”

Why?”

She doesn’t know much. Him Chan knows what he’s doing.”

But he’s not thinking clearly right now.”

Jun Hong shook his head, “He waited until everything was calm and he checked everything over before breaking down. He puts his feelings last.”

That doesn’t mean-.”

Don’t,” the maknae sighed. “Just don’t doubt him right now okay. I just want to believe that we’re not breaking apart. That leaving was a good idea. That it’s possible to overcome the bad.”

We all want to believe that,” the brunette said softly. “How long do you think it’ll take for Hyeo Rim to finish her examination?”

Jun Hong shrugged, “I don’t know, maybe an hour or two.”

Why that long?”

Because Him Chan will be pointing out everything that she is doing wrong or that she is forgetting to do.”

Did she look disappointed when Yong Guk went in?” Jong Up smiled softly.

Why would she,” the maknae asked with his head slightly to a sided. He thought for a moment, “A little bit I think. Why though?”

When I went with him and Dae Hyun to the clinic last week about the incubators,” Jong Up explained, “she was being really flirty with him.”

She didn’t stop to think that he was mated?” Jun Hong scoffed. “Why the hell would he be asking about incubators if he wasn’t?”

She probably did but hoped it wasn’t for his child,” he sighed.

Well too bad for her than,” the maknae was a little disgusted with the doctor. “Him Chan will kick her in any way. Yong Guk is HIS mate and the father of HIS child, so she better watch it.”

Jong Up was surprised at the venom dripping from the maknaes voice. He’d never heard the younger speak in such a tone, he only knew him to have a bubbly attitude. He sighed nodding his head, “I doubt she’d try anything.”

For her sake she better not,” he folded his arms. Jun Hong looked to his dazed hyung and back to Jong Up, “did he say anything?”

Jong Up shrugged, “he said he wanted to stop but he couldn’t. He only remembers sending you after Him Chan and parts of the fight with the man. The next thing he knew he was chocking Young Jae.”

Jun Hong nodded, “When did he stop crying?”

I don’t think he did,” Jong Up gently turned Dae Hyun so the maknae could see the tears still running down. “He just stopped doing anything else. We tried to get him to eat earlier but he refused.”

Did he say anything about…?”

Only that he didn’t deserve it and that it wasn’t fair.”

Oh…” Jun Hong said softly. The brunette nodded, “have you seen…?”

The maknae shook his head, “Him Chan locked himself in the room. He didn’t want anyone close.”

Jong Up sighed, “Maybe leaving the Facility wasn’t such a good idea.”

Why?” Jun Hong sighed.

The brunette shrugged, “everything is a bigger mess than what they were there. Dae Hyun might’ve actually mated with Young Jae.”

Who’s to say that he wouldn’t have rejected him?” the younger asked. “He might’ve done more damage and probably wouldn’t have cared. At least out here they got to know each other.”

Jong Up sighed heavily, “but they couldn’t love each other.”

Jun Hong shook his head, “Young Jae loved him, but when he said that he didn’t want them… his heart shattered. He began to doubt himself.”

Is that why he looked so sad this morning?” he asked. The maknae nodded, “He feels abandoned, he doesn’t know if he can raise the baby on his own.”

He has all of us.”

But he doesn’t have him,” the maknae pointed.

Being a single parent shouldn’t be too hard right?”

I don’t know, but remember, he’s a child of a single parent.”

That’s right,” Jong Up looked to the ceiling. “At least the child doesn’t have to witness a parent leaving.”

Jun Hong gave a quick nod, “I’m scared.”

Of what?” Jong Up looked over to the pink haired boy.

The future,” he admitted. “I’m afraid to look for someone. What if someone forces themselves on me?”

I won’t let them,” he promised.

But what if you’re not around?”

Jong Up paused, his mouth open in shock. “I never thought about us not being together. We’re always together. What would I do without you?”

You probably would've been mate to Hyo Young,” he gave a weak smile.

Jong Up shook his head, “she was pretty but she was annoying. I don’t think I would’ve been mated. I might’ve been lost.”

What makes you think that?”

Because I space out sometimes,” he admitted. “You’re the only one who bothered to bring me back, the only one who had the patience to deal with me.”

That’s because we’re friends,” he wiped away a tear.

Jong Up nodded, “I guess there’s only one way for us to go.”

And what way is that?”

Up,” he smiled sheepishly, “because if this isn’t rock bottom then I rather be scraping my knees climbing up.”

Jun Hong laughed lightly. Both looked up hearing footsteps heading up the stairs. Yong Guk carried a solemn expression. The maknaes heart began to shake in fear and worry.

Jun Hong spoke softly, “How’s Him Chan?”

Yong Guk nodded leaning on the door frame. “He’s fine. He’s just a little freaked and overprotective. He and the baby will be alright.”

Jong Up bit his bottom lip. He wanted to ask but he was afraid to know the answer. He could see that the maknae wanted to know the same thing, but he was having trouble gathering the courage to ask. He sighed, but before he could open his mouth the elder had moved next to Dae Hyun. Shaking him hard until his eyes began to focus.

Dae Hyun looked around the room with disoriented eyes. He began rubbing them, trying to get the moisture back in. He looked up noticing Yong Guk’s expression. Dae Hyun looked terrified.

In a weak and broken voice he asked, “How is Young Jae?”

He’s fine, he just needs some rest.” The elder answered though his expression did not soften. Everyone breathed out a sigh of relief except for Dae Hyun.

How’s the baby?” his voice cracked.

Yong Guk sighed, this time his expression did soften, “the babies are fine.”

Babies?” Jun Hong asked. Yong Guk nodded, “he has twins.”

Everyone’s eyes were on the stunned boy. Dae Hyun couldn’t speak let alone think. He felt numb. His mind not registering this new information, he shook his head, “that can’t be.”