Much Ado about the Maknaes

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

I keep trying to tell him, but he won’t listen,” Yong Guk mumbled more to himself as Dae Hyun walked him back to the barn. “I need to talk to him.”

The younger sighed in pity, “just give him a little more time. If you leave then he’ll think you don’t love him. You’re just going to have to wait for him.”

I know,” he said softly. “I wish I could go back and just ignore her.”

We all wish we could go back in tome and change what we’ve done,” the chocolate haired man sighed as they reached the little room. “I know if I could I would give up on her after my third attempt and look else where. Who knows maybe I would’ve met Young Jae sooner.”

The elder nodded, “you’d probably already have him on his third pregnancy. And if he continues to have multiple kids at once you’d have your kids in a row like ducklings, following you every where you went.”

Dae Hyun chuckled softly, “I used to joke with the maknaes saying that if Him Chan had his way he’d have a litter following him around.”

Do you think he’ll ever forgive me?” the brown haired man became solemn as he sat on the bed.

The younger Dominate shrugged, “I don’t know, but it looks like he doesn’t want to lose you either.”

Don’t get my hopes up,” Yong Guk ran his hands through his hair. “I don’t think I’d be able to take the disappointment.”

He loves you, you know that.” The chocolate haired man rubbed soothing circles on the elder’s back. “He just needs time to realize just how much he loves you. And you need to show him how much you love him by waiting.”

The elder Dominate nodded. He looked over to the younger knowing there was something else he wanted to say. The brown haired man sighed, “what’s wrong?”

Jun Hong and Jong Up aren’t talking to each other,” Dae Hyun informed. “Jun Hong blames Jong Up for everything that’s happening between them.”

The taller man shook his head, “they had nothing to do with what I did.”

The younger looked to the window, “If you two don’t recover, then I’m afraid that the maknaes would refuse to get back together.”

I don’t think Him Chan would let them,” Yong Guk forced a smile. “He probably already has a plan to thrown them back together and to yell at them for their stupidity.”

That’s what I’m afraid of,” Dae Hyun chuckled softly.

 

The day was quiet, the sun was shining and the snow melt most every where. It would’ve been a nice crisp day to enjoy, but there was a grey cloud over them making the world less bright. And Him Chan was getting frustrated with the way the maknaes would ignore each other only to look at each other longingly when the other wasn’t looking. It was completely foolish to him, the maknaes weren’t the ones who cheated, Yong Guk did, they had no control over his actions. Nobody blamed them for anything, he and Dae Hyun had told them countless times. He was pretty sure Yong Guk had told them too, but here they were so close but never been farther from one another.

Young Jae had told him that the maknae felt sorry for what he had said, but he wasn’t ready to admit his wrongs to the slightly elder boy. He felt bad for the young blonde, but he felt worse for the brunette who was lost without him. Jong Up was going to continue to hate himself if the maknae didn’t do anything and it was getting hard for him to watch. The black haired male was tempted to just ignore Young Jae’s word but he knew if he did he’d never hear the end of it. Right now all he could do was hope that the purple haired Carrier was getting through to Jun Hong.

Him Chan watched the maknae sit on the couch seeing that the slightly older boy wasn’t around. He wanted to roll his eyes and tell him to go look for Jong Up and apologize. It was frustrating, but he knew he wasn’t in the place to tell him too. He was having his own problems, Yong Guk apologized countless times and he hadn’t even thought about forgiving him. He had to admit when he talked to Jee Hye he was scared, he thought he was already losing his mate. The black haired man was close to having a mental breakdown until he talked with Dae Hyun.

He was starting to get slightly annoyed at the chocolate haired Dominate, he managed to jump in (even if he was helpful). With a small chuckle he turned to hear the back door open with a bruised up Jong Up entering the dining room.

What happened to you?” Him Chan’s eyes were large as he examined the boy over.

The brunette scratched the back of his head sheepishly, “I kind of fell down the stairs.”

What were you doing in the basement?” the black haired man asked.

Well since the snow’s melted we have to go into hiding soon.” The younger reminded. “I was helping Dae Hyun do some last minute organizing and I tripped, so everything fell on me.”

The Carrier sighed shaking his head, “and where is Dae Hyun? Is he hurt?”

No,” the younger sat on a chair as the black haired man grabbed a first aid box from the hallway closet. “He was already downstairs fixing something when I fell. Yong Guk sent me inside while he helped Dae Hyun.”

Him Chan nodded. His eyes following the brunettes gazed. With a soft sigh he spoke, “go talk to him.”

The brunette quickly shook his head. “He runs away any time I go near him.”

Then corner him,” the Carrier dragged the younger boy to his feet. With a gently nudge forward he said, “go talk to him, now. He’s distracted so he can get away fast enough.”

Jong Up nodded taking a step forward only to turn back around in fear. “I can’t do it.”

The black haired man rolled his eyes as he grabbed the Dominate and giving a harder shove in the maknaes direction. Although the brunette went in the right direction, he didn’t exactly make a graceful entrance. With a shrug Him Chan dropped the first aid box in front of his feet before kicking it had hard a possible. He chuckled quietly to himself as he left to the look for Jee Hye in her room to give the maknaes some alone time.

Jong Up managed to trip over his own feet after he was shoved forward. He couldn’t stop himself before he ran into an end-table, taking the lamp down with him. With the crashing resounding in the room the maknae was too startled to even move. He heard the brunette groan as a small white box hit his leg. His eyes darted the kitchen to see Him Chan leaving then back to the injured brunette.

He left himself smile as he help the slightly older boy to the couch before reaching for the box. He sighed, “how much of a klutz are you?”

Him Chan pushed me,” he defended.

Jun Hong shook his head as he began cleaning the elder’s cuts, “I’m talking about these other bruises. You were never this bad before. Even before we became friends.”

I just tripped,” the young Dominate shrugged. “It’s nothing really.”

Don’t lie to me,” the blonde boy said looking down to hide his tears. “I know that not all of these are from falling. Where you fighting with someone?”

No.” He looked away before wincing at the burning sensation.

The maknae blew on the cut lightly, “did you fight with Jung Min again.”

No,” Jong Up tried to hide his blush. “He kept saying that it was my fault you were so sad and that I didn’t deserve to even be your friend.”

The Carrier sighed in anger, “was that before or after you decided to take it out on a tree.”

He couldn’t hide anything from him. “... After. I didn’t really meant to hit the tree though. It scared me.”

Jong Up trees don't pop out of no where,” the younger shook his head. ”You weren‘t paying attention again were you?”

No,” he admitted softly. The maknae shook his head, “you have to. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

I thought you didn’t care about me any more,” Jong Up looked to the boy in front of him.

The blonde looked up, “of course I care. You mean so much to me.”

Then why are you leaving me?” His eyes watered. “I feel like I’m losing you.”

You’re not,” Jun Hong’s voice shook. “I just... I couldn’t bring myself to apologize to you.”

And I don’t care if you do. I don’t need you to apologize to me,” The brunette said firmly. “I just want Jun Hongie back. I miss you.”

But I want to apologize.” The maknae’s voice softened, “I need to because I want you to know that I don’t blame you. I need you to know that I’m lost without you and... I missed you too.”

Jong Up pulled the younger boy into his arms capturing his lips into a kiss. The two smiling as the blonde’s arms s around his neck. The kiss being gently and innocent, a bringing of two together. Slowly breaking away with hope shining in their eyes and laughter on their lips.

 

Is it wrong that we alway gather around to watch the makanes’ love life blossom?” Jee Hye asked quietly.

He mate shrugged, “I think it depends on what stage we’re watching.”

I think it might be considered a little rude but not as bad as that,” Him Chan pointed towards Dae Hyun who was recording the maknaes’ every move. “If they find out he’s been documenting their every move they just might start a riot.”

Seo Gu laughed, “not as bad as what Yong Guk did to them. He left a cam-corder in the room when Dae Hyun and Young Jae were mating.”

Does Dea Hyun know?” the male Carrier asked getting a shrug as an answer.

The elder Carrier cocked her head to a side, “when did he get over there?”

He’s a sneaky bastard,” the younger laughed. “He just walked past them”

The Dominate laughed, “he’s going to play that for the Introduction Ceremony and every anniversary for them.”

Let’s hope they don’t start a war with each other,” the Carriers mused as one.