Bringing Up the Past, a New Year and the Same Old Worries

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Take your time, honey,” Jee Hye smiled trying to help ease the the silver haired boy.

Dae Hyun nodded with a sigh, “I guess I should start somewhere near the beginning, since Seo Gu and Jee Hye don’t know me that well.”

Him Chan was starting to feel a little more than scared to know what Dae Hyun would hide from them. Looking to the blonde in Dae Hyun’s arms, he seemed to know what he was going to say and was trying to comfort his mate in any way he could. That was all Him Chan needed to see to calm his nerves; if what Dae Hyun was going to tell them was bad then he was trusting them all to support him and his mate was more than willing to stay by his side if nobody else would. Him Chan reached for his mate hand.

Dae Hyun looked around the room, the maknaes looking at him confused but patient. his lips he spoke softly to them, “I don’t know if you two should hear this, but I’m not going to force you guys to leave if you don’t want to. I’m not going to treat you guys like little kids, your old enough to hear.”

Dae Hyun, what ever it is,” the maknae smiled, knowing that he was trying to stall himself, “we’re here for you. It’s all in the past right?”

Jong Up quickly agreed, “what kind of friends would we be?You can trust us because we trust you.”

Yong Guk smiled, “they’re right you know. It can’t be that bad right?”

The silver haired boy didn’t answer causing everyone to worry slightly. Young Jae gently squeezed his mate’s hands. The couple looked into each others’ eyes, silently the blonde encouraged his mate. Dae Hyun took a moment to steal the younger boy’s lips in a kiss, hoping to gain a little bit of courage from him.

You don’t have to tell us if you don’t want to,” Seo Gu didn’t want to force him to talk if he was uncomfortable with talking about something personal. “We want you to be comfortable with us but if this makes you uncomfortable then don’t force yourself.”

The silver haired boy shook his head giving a weak smiled, “no, this is something I’ve been wanting to tell you guys for a while. I just.... I was just so ashamed of myself to tell you.”

So this happen before or after...” Yong Guk trailed off.

After,” he answered understanding what the elder meant. Taking a deep breath he began again directing the information to the eldest couple for now, “when I was eleven, my parent died. I don’t really remember how to be honest. They could’ve died in a car accident or gotten sick, for all I know. They might’ve even just disappeared. They sort of did disappear from my life...”

Jee Hye gasped. She hadn’t expected to hear that. Though looking at the younger couples she realized that it was something they already knew. Dae Hyun was catching her and her mate up to date since they haven’t known him as long. She looked over her mate who pulled her close trying to keep them both calm. Looking back to the silver haired boy she nodded signaling for him to continue.

I was put out on the streets soon after that...” Dae Hyun shrugged, “so I started stealing what I needed. It started off with small things, then I starting getting a little braver. Scamming who ever, when ever I possibly could...”

Well that explains how you manage to talk your way out of things,” Yong Guk gave a small smile. “And how you managed to get the boss off our backs.”

Dae Hyun nodded with a faint smile only to have it quickly turn into a frown. “During that time I noticed how some people would look at me up and down... At first I didn’t think anything of it, not until I learned why. I learned that some would even pay...”

Pay? Pay for what?” Him Chan didn’t like where the story was going. There was no way Dae Hyun would’ve fallen that deep... Would he?

Yong Guk pulled his mate closer trying to comfort him. He knew the black haired man was worried and didn’t want to believe that Dae Hyun had been through hell when they were younger and that he wasn’t there to help or protect him. “We’ll try to hold our comments and questions until the end.”

Dae Hyun gave a short nod not really minding if he was interrupted. “By thirteen I matured into a Dominate... And since I couldn’t get pregnant I...I-uh decided to sell myself for money.”

And when I called you a ...” Him Chan winced. The silver haired boy shrugged, “you were dead on.”

Jun Hong was more than shocked, “how long did you do... that?”

He shrugged, “I eventually got a job after I turned sixteen...”

Did you stop after you got a job?” Jong Up asked trying to digest this new yet old side of his hyung.

The silver haired boy bowed his head and gave a small shake. Yong Guk almost chocked on his spit, “how did I not notice?”

You two worked together?” Jee Hye asked.

Yong Guk nodded, “Yeah. How did you manage to hide that from me?”

Dae Hyun shrugged, “I don’t know. I didn’t want you to find out either. I actually didn’t even mean to become friends with you.”

So you were going to try seducing him?” Him Chan tried to hide a giggle.

Dae Hyun nodded, “I was until he mentioned you. I didn’t want to mess that up. Than he started talking about the Facility. That’s when I stopped.”

Yong Guk nodded at the memory, “I also mentioned about the both of us doing our military service to help earn enough to move to the Facility.”

How did that go?” Jee Hye was a little more than confused. “I mean you’re both only twenty-two and Dae Hyun nineteen/twenty... Right?”

Him Chan nodded. Seo Gu mentally did the math, “you need two years for the military... and how long did you live at the Facility?”

Two years,” Him Chan informed. “As part of my service I worked as a nurse and kept with that after we completed our service.”

Which was a long was down from his original post,” Yong Guk laughed.

The black haired man shrugged, “I prefer to save lives than take them.”

Jun Hong realized that they all strayed from Dae Hyun and the silver haired boy was doing his best not to get back any of the attention. Of course, like he had mentioned before: what kind of maknae would he be?

Is there a certain someone that you slept with that we knew?” he asked with a small smirk.

The silver haired boy glared lightly, “no, but I did end up seeing a few of them again. During military service and at the Facility.”

Did they try to do anything to you?” Him Chan asked worriedly his mate’s eyes wide with anticipation.

Dae Hyun merely shrugged, “only a few wanted to know if I want to do anything with them again. They couldn’t do anything when I turned them down.”

That’s good,” Jee Hye smiled in relief.

When did you tell Young Jae?” Jong Up finally spoke up again.

He told me after we mated,” the blond spoke softly.

Why did you tell Young Jae before me?” The pink haired maknae feigned offense, “After all our years together you trust him more that me?”

Their laughter was soft. Dae Hyun shook his head a smile pulling at the corners of his lips, “he needed to know more than what you did.”

Jee Hye glared at the silver haired boy in realization, “how did you do your military service?! You would’ve been too young.”

He talked his way into it,” the Bang couple said together. Yong Guk laughed at her expression, “we weren’t kidding when we said he was like that. He managed to convince them he was eighteen and that he never had papers.”

He even managed to convince us to help him,” Him Chan rubbed his temples in embarrassment.

It makes me wonder sometimes if he was meant to be a Carrier,” the purple haired man joked.

Yah, what gives you that idea?” Dae Hyun was glaring hard at the elder male.

Because your so pretty,” he laughed at the younger’s expression. His mate gently punched his arm, “and if he was you would’ve left me huh?”

No, I wouldn’t,” he hugged his mate tightly.

I think you should’ve been a Carrier too,” Jun Hong laughed.

Yah, you little-.”

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!” the maknae yelled out cutting off Yong Guk.

Jee Hye looked over at the clock, “oh it’s already twelve! Happy New Year’s everyone.”

Him Chan laughed as his mate continued to glare daggers at the smug maknae in the brunette’s lap. He pulled his mate in for a kiss successfully making him forget about his annoyance, “Happy New Year’s.”

Happy New Year’s, babe,” he gave a gummy smile. He looked to everyone, “Happy New Year’s.”

Happy New Year’s,” Dae Hyun said before turning to his mate laying comfortably in his arms. He smiled lovingly at the blonde, “Happy first New Year’s to you.”

Young Jae returned the smile, “Happy New Year’s. Thank you for being here with us.”

Dae Hyun smiled, “there’s no need to thank me. I’m glad I am, too.”

Yah, stop rubbing it in, love birds,” Jun Hong pouted.

Jong Up laughed at the maknae in his lap earning a soft glare from the younger boy. He looked at him with a bright smile, “what?”

Why are you laughing?” Jun Hong asked.

You,” he answered, his smile not faltering. He pulled the younger boy in for a kissed; soft and gentle, nothing demanding, just a show of love. The two slowly pulled apart, both their cheeks burning with a light pink powder. The brunette spoke softly, “our first kiss of the year.”

Since when did you become do cheesy!!” The maknae’s face was burning hotter. He pouted though he did not deny that he was glad the slightly elder boy kissed him. Jong Up chuckled as he wrapped his arms around the maknae’s slim waist.

Him Chan smiled softly, understanding why Jun Hong said they were ‘rubbing it in’. He didn’t have to think about it too hard to understand that the maknae was jealous. The pink haired boy wanted to have a family of his own one day but the Facility haunted him. The black haired man spoke, “I really don’t want to prevent you two from having children of your own one day.”

We know,” Jun Hong smiled. He looked to the boy at his side, “we’re fine with it, for now at least.”

I just wish we knew when we’d be able to,” Jong Up sighed.

The elder couples nodded their understanding. Young Jae spoke, “I think they should be able to have children regardless of the Facility.”

But we don’t know if they would be after them or not,” Dae Hyun pointed out.

Yong Guk agreed, “if their parents want them back the the Facility can take them too.”

Yes, but-.”Young Jae tried. Yong Guk cutting him off, “they would be taken back regardless.”

The blonde shook his head, “the Facility cannot break up families, it goes against all the rules and if they do they can be reported and even get shut down.”

Him Chan nodded, “especially if their families are not against them mating. But Young Jae and Dae Hyun don’t really stand a chance.”

Can you please stop pointing that out?” the silver haired boy sighed.

Sorry but you know it’s true,” the black haired man gave him an apologetic look.

What’s wrong with Young Jae’s and Dae Hyun’s relationship?” Jee Hye asked.

Him Chan sighed, “the Facility go by Parental Law, meaning what the parents say goes. And since Dae Hyun doesn’t have any parents the power goes to Young Jae’s father.”

Is he against Dae Hyun?” Seo Gu questioned. “I thought he was the one who wanted them together.”

Originally yes, but since we broke out he might be thinking that Dae Hyun is too reckless to care for Young Jae,” Him Chan tried to explain as simple as he could. “He would be able to break them up, even if it’s against their will.”

He wouldn’t really put his own child through that kind of pain would he?” Jee Hye asked full of worry and sorrow. “Would he?”

Everyone nodded with a sad and heavy heart. Young Jae spoke softly, “I don’t know why he won’t just leave me alone.”

Maybe because he really cares you,” Seo Gu suggested trying to lighten their hearts.

The blonde shook his head, “He knows how much I hated it in there and he wouldn’t let me leave. He wouldn’t even give me a chance to find my own mate. I didn’t even live with him. He barely even looked at me when my mother left.”

Jee Hye wanted to cry for the couple but she also wanted to be strong for them. She couldn’t believe that the blonde’s mother would leave him without any guilt. Who could abandon their own child? Quickly making up her mind she spoke, “is there any way we could help?”

Him Chan shrugged, “I’m not sure if there’s a way around it. If I had the rule book I might be able to find something. I don’t know why I left it.”

Isn’t that public record?” Young Jae asked. “We should be able to find a copy somewhere.”

We could check the library,” Jun Hong volunteered.

I could check the book store,” Seo Gu offered. “I can go in the afternoon, I need to pick up a few things.”

Well since we can’t do anything right now,” Jun Hong sighed, “should we play a game?”