A Late Start & Double Trouble

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Dr. Lee rushed down the empty halls to Dr. Yoo’s office. Knocking urgently at the door, praying the old doctor was still in. He breathed out a sigh of relief when the door was unlocked and opened revealing a very worn out doctor.

Is something the matter?” the old doctor asked.

We’ve been given the approval,” Dr. Lee breathed out. “They have a search team ready; we can begin our search at first light.”

I’ve already contacted #12164’s and #12528’s parents,” Dr. Yoo invited the brunette doctor into his office.

What did you tell them?” Dr. Lee asked curiously.

I told them that Young Jae’s and #12528’s pregnancy has been confirmed. It would be best if they returned as soon as possible.” The old blonde sighed. “When they told me that they were not there I pretended to be surprised.”

How are you sure they aren’t lying,” the brunette scoffed.

If their mothers had known they wouldn’t have been so excited to hear about their pregnancies.” Dr. Yoo explained. “After they settled down they asked who Young Jae was. I explained and then then asked if they were there. They said they haven’t seen them in two years. I told them it was not possible because they had left over a month ago to visit them. Of course they panicked.”

You had them eating out of your hand,” Dr. Lee had to admit he was impressed. “So they asked for you to search?”

The old doctor nodded, “yes, but #12164’s brother wants to help search.”

Would he be of any use?”

I believe so,” the blonde nodded, “he understand his brother’s thinking pattern so he may be able to help our search get along faster. We know now that they haven’t headed home and are probable still somewhere nearby.”

What makes you think that they aren’t going to head home?” the younger asked.

If they were then they would already be there by now,” he informed. “We are going to have to move quickly, winters coming and some places are almost impossible to get through with all the snow and ice.”

Damn,” the brunette doctor sighed.

Are you taking JB with you?”

Dr. Lee nodded, “I’ll wake him in the morning.”

Doesn’t he need to get a few things packed?” the blonde asked.

Believe it or not, but the moment he learned little Jae was missing he had his things packed ready to look for him.” Dr. Lee laughed lightly. “He wanted to leave that morning.”

I still can’t believe I over looked him,” Dr. Yoo sighed.

You work too hard,” Dr. Lee shrugged.

He should’ve just gone up to Jae and talk to him,” he rubbed the back of his neck. “I’m sure he would've told me about him, maybe he would've mated with him a lot sooner.”

Things would've been a lot different if a simple gesture was made,” the brunette said. “Isn’t that how it always is?”

 

So where are we going to start?” JB asked taking a seat across next to Dr. Lee.

The doctor sighed, “Dr. Yoo is taking a team to #12164’s home for incase they head that way. They may have taken a longer route to get there. We are going to check near the perimeter to get an indication as to which direction they went.”

Wouldn’t that take too long?”

Dr. Lee nodded, “We have no other choice. Dr. Yoo said it’d be quicker than checking along the residential areas.”

Why?” JB asked, not understanding how this doctor became the one to take orders.

Because their tracks could easily be hidden,” the brunette explained. “A lot of people means a lot of children and they tend to play where they are not supposed to.”

JB nodded his understanding. “Is there something else I should know?”

The doctor nodded, “It’s winter time and pretty soon there will be a lot of snow blocking our path, making it impossible to travel. When spring comes their trail will be swept away and little Jae will already have his baby.”

If he’s alright,” Dr. Yoo’s face was pale as though someone had just died. The two looked up at the old doctor whom had rushed to them.

What do you mean?” JB asked.

You took more tests?” the brunette got to his feet.

Dr. Yoo nodded, “Young Jae’s HCG Levels are high.”

How were you able to test him for that?” JB asked confused and anxious. “Did you test him before he was kidnapped?”

The fabric they found at the perimeter,” he explained. “It had enough droplets of blood to test. He must’ve gotten a small scratch, probably not even noticeable.”

,” Dr. Lee muttered. “That could be so many things though. ”

The old doctor nodded, “I don’t know if he’ll survive the winter, especially if they managed to get lost in the wilderness.”

What does that mean?” The young Dominate looked between the doctors, not knowing if he should be afraid, worried or a mixture of the two.

The brunette shook his head, trying to think of the right words. “It could mean nothing, or it could mean that something is wrong with the baby, but we can‘t be too sure. We would need to run more test and have him checked over but that’s impossible unless we have him.”

There might even be the chance that he is carrying more than one baby,” the old blonde sighed heavily. “But like Dr. Lee said, we can‘t be sure without him. We would need to run more test and do an ultrasound.”

Then what are we waiting for?” JB asked his anxiety building up at an alarming rate.

For #12164’s brother,” The younger doctor massaged his temples.

Why?”

He’s the only one who can figure out his thought pattern,” he explained. “It’ll help things move along faster.”

I could have him meet you two towns over from the perimeter.” Dr. Yoo offered.

That’ll work,” Dr. Lee nodded. “With that settled we can get started.

The elder nodded, “But you’re going to have to get a lot more equipment. And possibly baby clothes, we don’t know how they’re doing.”

I can get the baby clothes,” the young blonde volunteered running off, hoping for the best.

I’ll go get more supplies.” The brunette doctor was trying to make a mental list of what he would be needing.

The elder nodded, “I’m going to be leaving right now so I can catch the brother.”

Dr. Lee nodded turning away to reorganize everything.

Oh, another thing you should know,” Dr. Yoo called out. “#12164’s brother is his twin brother.”

Oh, wonderful,” the brunette sighed rolling his eyes. “Are there any differences in their appearances?”

The old doctor shrugged, “I honestly cannot tell you. I’ve never met him. The couple came with minimal possessions.”

Terrific,” he grumbled loudly, “now if I run into the real #12164 I’m not going to realize it.”

I’m sure you’ll notice the difference quickly,” Dr. Yoo smiled weakly. “Good luck with your search.”

Same to you,” the brunette waved his hand dismissively. “I might need more luck with trying to keep JB from interrogating him.”

And I gave some files to JB,” Dr. Yoo remembered. “It has everyone’s names and pictures for you. I don’t think the brother would appreciate you referring to them by a number.”

I’ll be sure to study them and burn them to memory.”

Have JB learn them too and make sure he doesn’t let anything slip.”

Dr. Lee nodded, “We’ll get our story together on the way to the perimeter.”

Dr. Lee watched him leave his mind turning numb with the new information he’d been given. Time was not on their side. He was positive that they would not reach Young Jae before he had his baby, if everything truly was alright. The boy could be having twins and they would put a lot of stress on his body. He would have to be placed on bed rest sometime in the middle of his second trimester or at the beginning of his third trimester.

What about #14391? Did he mate with Young Jae or was he still ignorant to his instincts? It would be nearly impossible for him not to tell the child was his at this stage. What if he rejected Young Jae? Did the baby contract a defect of some sort? Did he already kill him and the baby or were #12164 and #12528 able to stop him?

He couldn’t bring himself to think about anymore the other possibilities, he didn’t have the heart to think about them. Nor could he think about the pain the other doctor’s son would be in if anything happened to his baby. He, like the other two, could only hope for the best and right now, he was going to allow himself to believe the younger was going to be alright. HCG test weren’t very accurate, they were merely a warning; they could mean anything.

 

Dr. Lee shook off the thoughts heading back into the Facility and straight to the Facility Hospital. He would need to recheck everything that they were taking with them and make a list of what else would be needed. He would probably need some equipment to check over Young Jae to make sure his body was healing properly after having his baby or if something was wrong with the infant.

 

JB waited impatiently for everything to be in order. He didn’t understand why they were taking half of what they were; he only understood the things needed to protect Young Jae and his baby. The young blonde shivered in slight excitement, even if the possibility was low, he wanted to believe that the little blonde he grew up with was possibly having twins. He just hoped father remained ignorant, far away from him, or worse case scenario have mated with him. He rather fight over Young Jae with his mate than mourn his and his children’s death.

He chewed his bottom lip lightly. How would the babies look? His imagination could only go so far, he had no idea how #14391 looked. Hopefully he was somewhat good looking; it would be a shame if he wasn’t. It wouldn’t diminish the beauty they would receive form their mother. Did Dr. Yoo even test how fertile his son was before he had him inseminated?

The old doctor was right he should’ve made his move when he saw him last year. He would already be his and they would already be working on his second pregnancy. He wanted a lot of children; Young Jae told him he wanted a big family when they were nine, it was something they both had in common. He smiled at the memory; yes any child of Young Jae would be beautiful.

The young blonde glanced at the manila folder sitting on the dashboard. He sighed; Dr. Yoo had given it to him, saying that it contained a profile on everyone. He laughed to himself, feeling like an idiot. He quickly reached for the folder and flipped through the various profiles pausing on Young Jae's before turning back to the one before him. He frowned there was only one page on #14391 and it wasn’t completely filled out.

He looked at the picture of a blonde, reading the name next to it: Jung Dae Hyun. His eyes were large and full of mystery but that was all he could see. The elder blonde wore a mask covering half his face. His frown deepened. No one had mentioned a mask. The whole time he lived here and they couldn’t get a better picture of him?

He closed the folder and tossed it back on to the dashboard, sighing in frustration. The picture had not helped him at all. He only had maybe two facial features that the babies could inherit from him, but that didn’t so much. He wanted to know more, he needed more.

Do you have the file that Dr. Yoo gave you?” the brunette asked getting in to the driver’s seat. JB pointed to the folder on the dashboard. “Good, because we are going to have to learn all we can about them. We can’t call them by numbers around #12164’s brother. Oh and try to study his features so we can tell them apart.”

They’re twins?” the blonde asked in shock.

Dr. Lee nodded, “hopefully it doesn’t prove to be too much of a challenge.”

And here I thought twins were rare,” the younger Dominate sunk into his seat.

At least someone can give some advice to Young Jae,” the brunette buckled himself in. “Try not to get you hopes up, it could be nothing."

Following the elder’s example, JB pulled on his seatbelt, “I know, but it’s better than the other possibilites. I’m begining to wonder if #12164’s mate is going to have more than one.”

You never know,” the elder started car and began driving. “I’m more worried about Young Jae and #14391, than his HCG Levels.”

The blonde nodded grabbing the folder again, “I hope they are able to protect him from this Dae Hyun.”

Dr. Yoo has faith in #12528’s ability to keep them in line,” Dr. Lee sighed heavily. “Though if #14391 wants to mate with little Jae then he’ll have no choice but to let him.”

The younger boy nodded, “What if they are kept separated even if Jae is rejected?”

It could work,” the doctor said thoughtfully. “But he’ll be pregnant and alone.”

But it’ll be easier to reclaim him,” JB sighed.

I know, but we’ve already lost too much time,” the brunette sighed.

The younger nodded, “Then I’d prefer him to be mated than killed, or if someone else tried to force themselves on him. They would more than likely kill the babies.”

That’s only if they don’t want him carrying another’s child.”

Most Dominates don’t want their intended Carrier pregnant with another’s child.”

Dr. Lee nodded. “All we can hope for is that everything goes smoothly.”