Snow and Zelo

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Young Jae, Young Jae,” Him Chan shook the blonde. “Wake up.”

Young Jae slowly sat up rubbing the sleep out his eyes. He looked to him Chan with bleary eyes, “what’s wrong?”

It’s snowing,” he smiled gently pulling the blonde out of bed. “Let’s go downstairs and watch.”

Young Jae soon found himself standing outside bundled in a thick jacket, a long scarf, a heavy blanket, wool socks and boots watching the snow fall. He looked over to Him Chan who was in a similar fashion along with Jun Hong. Their fashion statement was courtesy of Yong Guk who claimed he didn’t want them to freeze. Him Chan had protested that they would be fine without the blanket and whatever else Yong Guk was grabbing to put on them. Luckily Him Chan had managed to talk him down to several things until they got the proper clothing. Jun Hong swore if he ever had to wear any of it to school he’d die.

Young Jae was fascinated by the snow and Yong Guk had to carry to back inside before he got sick. Him Chan helped Jee Hye pass out hot chocolate and get a tray ready to take some to Dae Hyun who had banished himself to the barn for the past week. The maknaes were getting themselves ready for school, disappointed they still had to go. Jee Hye had explained it wasn’t enough snow to cancel school. Seo Gu was putting some equipment in the barn so they didn’t have to search for them in the snow later.

As the day wore on the snow continued to fall gently on to the ground making the world glisten with the white glittering powder under the cold sun. Slowly the snow became deeper and covered everything in its cold blanket. School was cut short and children were either forced to walk home or find another mode of transportation.

Jun Hong and Jong Up enjoyed the quiet walk home, neither daring to say a word. It didn’t feel right to break the silence. There was really nothing they could think of to say. The awkwardness they had in the forest returned, making them slightly uncomfortable with each other. None knew why it had returned but they could take a guess.

Jong Up sighed to himself. ‘Are we drifting apart? Is it because we are growing up? That we will no longer be classified as friends, but as possible mates for one another? Would you ever consider me or did you find someone else? Did I hurt you too much when I went to Young Jae? Can I ever prove myself to you? Please come back to me, I don’t want you to go.’

Jun Hong spoke up, “Do you want to stop by the Bakery and check up on Dae Hyun?”

Jong Up nodded, “We haven’t seen him in a while. I guess he’s too ashamed to face anyone.”

Jun Hong agreed, “I’m amazed he’s been going to work. I thought he’d wanted to avoid people in general since we made a pretty big scene.”

The older boy sighed, “Did anyone say anything to you at school?”

The maknae nodded again, “they just kept asking what happened and why and who Young Jae was.”

Same here.” Jong Up sighed angrily, “Only they also asked me if I ever touched Young Jae. I also learned who the man was...”

Don’t tell Dae Hyun. Probably shouldn’t tell Yong Guk or Him Chan either,” Jun Hong warned with a small laugh, “they probably hunt him down.”

And if I told you, you might do the same,” he laughed, “you might even massacre the entire family.”

And you’d help me,” Jun Hong smiled skipping ahead to the Bakery. The brunette laughed following the maknae inside. The two looked around at all the breads and sweets around the store. Their mouths watering from the sweet aroma.

You think Him Chan would get made if we bought one to eat on the way home?” the tall maknae asked. Jong Up shrugged, “let’s get something small and share that way it doesn’t ruin our lunch.”

Jun Hong nodded, “let’s see if they have anything fresh and warm.”

Hi Dae Hyun,” the maknaes called to the quiet boy behind the counter. Both were shocked to see him wearing a black mask. Jun Hong sighed. He hadn’t seen that mask in a long time, he’d presumed he threw it out but now it was clear he never got rid of it.

I guess you’ve decided to be a mute again huh,” the maknae asked.

Dae Hyun shrugged not feeling the need to speak. The maknaes knew him enough to understand his gestures.

The maknae continued, “Anyways… do you guys have anything fresh its cold outside.”

Dae Hyun folded his arms. The maknae sighed, “What school was let out early and they didn’t even bother giving us lunch. We just want something small for the way home.”

Dae Hyun sighed walking to the back. The maknaes smiled waiting patiently. Dae Hyun had returned after four minutes with a small bag and two cups in a carrier. He handed them to the maknaes. He shook his hand dismissively when they reached into their pockets.

Jong Up cocked his head to the side, “wouldn’t you get in trouble?”

I’ll pay for it,” his voice muffled by the mask. The maknaes nodded. He sighed, “sit down and eat, I’ll call Yong Guk to get you guys.”

Without anything better to do they sat down to enjoy their snack in the warm Bakery. Jun Hong chose their seats, furthest from the door. As much as he liked how pretty outside was he didn’t want their sweets to get cold.

Opening the bag they notice Dae Hyun had place four treats inside instead of the one. They smiled softly, knowing he was still feeling guilty, even though they had told him Young Jae was recovering just fine.

Jong Up sighed, “You should’ve seen him when we took him breakfast.”

How was he,” he asked softly.

He was watching Young Jae through the window with a sad look.” Jong Up opened the cup to reveal hot chocolate. He gave a small smile, “He told Yong Guk that he should be taken back inside. He noticed his cheeks and nose were red, he didn’t want him to get sick.”

Jun Hong dunked his sweet bread into his chocolate, “is he just going to continue to watch him from afar?”

Jong Up shrugged swallowing his bread, “he doesn’t know how Young Jae feels.”

Young Jae doesn’t know anymore,” the maknae sighed taking a drink. “I know he loved him, but he might need time to forgive him.”

Jong Up nodded, “I hope it’s before the babies are born.”

Jun Hong nodded, “we should get him some outfits for them for Christmas.”

We should get him boy and girl outfits,” the brunette smiled.

We’d have to get him two sets of each so they can match,” the maknae sighed.

Jong Up took a sip, “I don’t think we do.”

Why not?”

I think he’s just going to have a boy and a girl.”

What are you a fortune teller now or something?” the maknae joked.

No, but I had a dream about it,” he admitted. “Before I tried to… you know.”

The maknae nodded. “What was the dream about? Besides you trying to screw him.”

The brunette blushed a deep red, “well we went to a house and there were some kids. At first I thought they were all mine-.”

Of course you did,” the maknae giggled interrupting.

Jong Up continued trying to ignore his comment, “but one looked almost exactly like Dae Hyun, even the eyes. Especially the eyes, it was kind of scary. Then when Young Jae was holding him the little girl went over to them and smiled. She had Young Jae's lips but when she smiled it was all Dae Hyun.”

Jun Hong nodded not really knowing what to think. Did his dream really mean anything? If so, then was Young Jae having a boy and a girl? Did that also mean that Jong Up would take Young Jae if Dae Hyun didn’t do anything to gain the blondes forgiveness?

Jong Up sighed, “I hope he does have a girl and a boy. Imagine how cute they’d be. I bet if he did Dae Hyun would really fall to his knees.”

Jun Hong had to laugh. Jong Up was speaking without thinking again. That’s what he missed the most, because when Jong Up thought before talking he usually said something that worried him.

Maybe waiting until the babies are born wouldn’t be so bad then,” Jun Hong smiled warmly. “I just hope you can control yourself when the time comes, oh and Him Chan too.”

Why do you say that?” the brunette asked confused.

I don’t think Young Jae wants to become a childless mother the moment the babies enter the world.” He grinned. “I know Him Chan will right away cuddle them and try to keep them.”

Jong Up smile, “let’s hope Yong Guk can remind him that he’s going to have his own soon.”

I wonder if Him Chan will ever have twins,” Jun Hong said thoughtfully.

He might kill Yong Guk.” The maknaes burst into laughter. Knowing that Him Chan would blame his mate and would have a heart attack knowing full well how twins were. Compliments to his mate and his mate’s brother.

Hey Zelo,” a young girl with light brown hair called out. “I didn’t know you guys were coming. If we did we would've came with you guys.”

Jun Hong smiled, “It was a late decision.”

Oh,” she smiled brightly he friend blushing lightly. “Would you be able to walk us home?”

We’re actually waiting for a ride.” Jun Hong spoke apologetically. “I would offer a ride, but that depends on who comes for us.”

The girls nodded joining them at the table, “We’ll wait with you then.”

 

Dae Hyun sighed watching the girls seat themselves with the maknaes. Dae Hyun was metalling dubbed them as, ‘interference’. They were finally getting comfortable with each other again and these two just had to join them. He shook his head as he took their order to them.

He looked to the maknaes, “Seo Gu is coming for you guys.”

The girls looked up at him in shock while the maknaes nodded. Jun Hong asked, “Did he go to the clinic?”

Dae Hyun nodded. Jong Up spoke next, “you think he got them already?”

The elder made a small gesture. The maknaes gathered their empty cups and bag for him. Jun Hong spoke again, “he’ll probably need to go to the Hardware Store next.”

Dae Hyun patted them on the head. Jun Hong glared, “that’s not funny. Hey did he say how long?”

Dae Hyun just tapped his wrist five times. The maknaes nodded understanding what he meant. The girls watched in wonder.

The light haired girl spoke again, “you know him?”

The maknaes nodded. He friend finally found her voice as she toyed with her short black hair, “didn’t he used to talk?”

The other girls spoke, “did he stop talking after what happened at the Market?”

Jun Hong glared, “if you’re going to be nosey than find another ride home.”

The girls sat in shock as the boys left the table and head to the counter near Dae Hyun.

Jong Up wanted to laugh at their expressions, glad to know that Jun Hong wasn’t interested. But one thing was bothering him, the nickname they called him. Where did they come up with it?

He looked to Jun Hong asking in a low voice, “Why did they call you ‘Zelo’?”

Jun Hong sighed, “It’s my fault. I told Yong Guk I wanted a nickname. After a bit of an argument he decided on one. He called me it after school when we were going to check about the incubators. He called it out all loud too. I didn’t know he was calling me until he started laughing.”

So they didn’t come up with it?”

Jun Hong shook his head, “Him Chan came up with a nickname for Seo Gu as well.”

What is it?”

Director Kang.”

Jong Up laughed, “I bet he was real happy with that.”

Ha-ha, yeah,” Jun Hong laughed. “Yong Guk calls him it as well and they even got Young Jae in on it.”

Does Jee Hye call him ‘Director Kang’ too?”

Jun Hong shrugged, “I don’t know, I haven’t heard her.”

Dae Hyun tapped Jun Hong's shoulder and pointed outside. He handed them a small bag before sending them off, smiling sadly to himself. The two were growing up so quickly, now that they were having a normal social life with no white walls to control the way they grew. Soon they would begin noticing looks others give them and start sensing what they want in their mate. Their childhood was now over.