Confrontation & One’s Choice

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Him Chan stared at himself in the mirror. No thoughts ran through his mind as he stared at the man who stared back at him. What more could he possibly do? He felt numb, but he knew this had to be done. With a deep sigh he began washing, hoping he didn’t look tired and that any evidence of his crying would go down the drain. Gently drying himself with the towel, before walking out of the bathroom, all he needed to do was survive breakfast without killing someone and then him back up to the room to talk.

He had to consider himself lucky. The maknae managed to keep everyone occupied enough to where he wasn’t questioned about his tired eyes. He was able to make a few remarks to the maknae without a hint of sadness. Dae Hyun managed to make a few appearances before returning to his mate. The one thing that was bothering him was the fact that the two maknaes had not spoken a word to each other unless they absolutely had to and he knew why. Unfortunately, Him Chan couldn’t confront them about it, not just yet.

Jee Hye looked to him slightly worried, she noticed their reluctance towards one another. The black haired man gave her a small shrugged before motioning that he would talk to them later. She nodded with a small smile before turning back to the conversation.

As breakfast ended, Dae Hyun and Jong Up volunteered to help clean up giving Him Chan the opportunity to pull his mate towards the upstairs room. Yong Guk chuckled softly as the younger pulled him, not knowing the real reason behind his eagerness.

 

Him Chan sighed heavily as the elder closed the door behind them. Gathering his courage he spoke, “we need to talk.”

The elder nodded moving to sit next to his mate without another thought, “what’s wrong Him Chan, having second thoughts about a name?”

No,” the black haired man said softly. Putting on a detemined face he looked to his mate, “I want to talk about when you lied to me about working.”

What?” Yong Guk was torn between being shocked and afraid. That look was all it took for the younger to continue.

With a small glared he asked, “I know you didn’t have to work late and I know you didn’t have a game with the maknaes.”

Him Chan,” his voice was weak.

Where did you go?” the younger persisted.

I went to get Dae Hyun, I thought-,” he tied to explain only to be cut off.

Don’t lie to me,” Him Chan’s glare hardened.

The brown haired man shook his head, “I’m not, plea-.”

Where did you go?” he asked again.

I went to Dae Hyun’s. I honestlly-,” by now the elder was on his knees in front of his mate, desperately trying to explain himself.

Did Dae Hyun know you went there?” The Carrier pulled his hands out of his mates soft grip.

No,” he voice became thick with emotions.

The black haired man tried to hold back tears of his own, “did you sleep with Ji Eun?”

Two hearts died at the elder’s next words. With broken sobs Yong Guk answered softly, “...yes.”

Him Chan looked away as he cried push his mate away, “why?”

Him Chan she lied, she-.” he tried to explain through his tears.

That’s not a reason,” he screamed standing up in a rage. The elder fell on to his bottom as the Carrier continued to scream, “You lied to me! You cheated on me! I was pregnant with our son and you want behind both mine and Dae Hyun’s back. It’s because of you I don’t have my baby!”

Him Chan please listen to me,” Yong Guk scrambled to get to his feet. “Please, she d-.”

No!” The black haired man pointed a warning finger at him. “You listen to me and answer me truthfully. Was she pregnant with your child?”

The Dominate shook his head, but the younger didn’t let him speak, “then tell me how you were able to sense her third month? How were you able to sense everything about her? Remember, you were the one who brought up Dominates being able to sense their child. Dae Hyun didn’t sense that baby at all. You know he’s able to follow his own instincts, he was able to sense Young Jae’s pregnancy.”

I know,” his voice was deep and husky, fighting to have his mate listen to his side of the story. “Him Chan, I’m sorry but please let me explain.”

Explain what?” The younger continued to scream, “what is there to explain when you cheated? All of this, all that has happened form the moment to lied to us, to me, up until now is all your fault. Young Jae would’ve never gotten hurt and traumatized and have been able to socialize normally enough to be able to find his own mate. We would have our son. But you had to go behind my back and sleep with her. Did we mean nothing to you?”

You mean everything to me,” Yong Guk fell to the floor no longer able to hold himself up. “You mean everything to me, I didn’t want anything to do with her.”

Tell me,” the younger tried to dry his tears, “was she the girl you dated before we mated?”

The elder was a broken mess and his answer was just as weak, “yes.”

I should’ve killed you while you were asleep,’ he mentally yelled at the man before him.

Him Chan walked out of the room without looking back at his mate. His hold covering his mouth as he tried to walk down the stairs as fast as he could without hurting himself. Tears blinding him causing him to pause every so often. He could hear muffled voices, but he couldn’t tell who or where they came from. He didn’t know if it was Yong Guk crying in the upstairs room, Jee Hye’s and Seo Gu’s worried filled question or his own crying. He felt a warm pair of arms wrap around him, carefully helping down the stairs. He allowed himself to be lead to another room, one he knew he would be with someone who cared for him and allow him the time to weep.

Dae Hyun gently tucked in the weeping Carrier as Jun Hong rushed in with Jee Hye following close behind. The chocolate haired boy pushed past them, he wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do next. He wanted to check on Yong Guk, but he didn’t want to leave Him Chan. He certainly couldn’t let the elder Dominate into the room. Dae Hyun didn’t wan to risk them fighting, Him Chan could go into early labor if he was put under any more stress than he already was.

 

Young Jae hugged the maknae close as he slowly regained consciousness. Carefully he brushed the loose strands of hair out his face as the younger blinked his eyes a few times before rubbing them. The purple haired boy kept silent not knowing if the blonde was ready to speak to anyone yet.

Jun Hong took a deep breath, before he attempted to speak. His voice barely a whisper, “please tell me it was all a bad dream, that nothing is wrong.”

Young Jae’s tears slowly slipped out as he hugged the maknae who began to cry softly. Gently running his hand through the tangled locks, “I’m sorry. I wish it were a dream as well.”

Jun Hong wrapped his arms around the elder Carrier as he cried harder, waking the brunette maknae that had fallen asleep next to Him Chan. Jong Up looked to Young Jae with lost eyes only to receive a small shrug as an answer He sighed with slight disappointment, laying back down, cuddling back into the warmth of the elder, trying to calm his tears. He wanted to talk to Jun Hong, to comfort him, but the maknae was lost to him. There was no way the blonde would let him near, especially now with the elder couple walking on a a tight rope.

Dae Hyun quietly entered the room, giving a sad smile to both his mate and the maknae in his arms. The chocolate haired boy sat at the edge of the bed speaking queitly, “Yong Guk decided to move into the barn. He’s planning on leaving.”

The two Carrier looked to him in shock. The maknae shook his head, careful to keep his voice low, “He can’t. Why is he leaving?”

The Dominate shrugged, “He doesn’t think that Him Chan’s is going to forgive him any time soon.”

Do you think you could convince him to stay?” The purple haired boy asked, knowing that the maknae wanted to ask the same thing.

Dae Hyun sighed, “I can try.”

Tell him he just needs to give him time,” Jun Hong begged. “Please. He just needs time.”

I’ll try,” his voice became softer, “but I can’t promise anything.”

The blonde nodded, “I know. I just don’t want them to break up... We should’ve just kept our mouths shut.”

No, I’m glad you told me,” The chocolate haired boy sighed. It gives me all the more reason not to hold on to her.”

Him Chan may not feel the same way though,” The maknae buried his face in the purple haired boy’s shirt.

Young Jae gently rocked him back and forth, “he might, you would just have to ask him. It may not look like it now, but in time you’ll see, it was the right decision.”

 

Him Chan slowly sat up as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He could hear some soft chatter from Dae Hyun and Jee Hye though he couldn’t fully understand their words. He hadn’t realized that the brunette maknae was still next to him until he began to move next to him.

I’m sorry,” he said softly, “did I wake you.”

Jong Up shook his head, “no, I just didn’t want to get up.”

The elder nodded before looking up to see Jee Hye heading towards them. She offered a small smile, “are you two hungry?”

The black haired man shook his head, “no I don’t think I am.”

The younger next to him shook his head as well before slowly climbing out of bed. The two watched him head out of the room with quiet words as he past the couple. Jee Hye sighed catching Him Chan’s attention. She looked a him with slight disappointment, “the maknaes’ aren’t going to eat if you don’t. They believe it’s their fault and so I think they’re going to suffer along with you.”

Him Chan shook his head, “it’s not their fault. I needed to know. I should’ve seen this all before. I should’ve known something was going on.”

Love makes us blind to the other’s flaws,” she sat next to him. “We accept them for who they are.”

Him Chan pouted, “I should’ve killed him while he was asleep.”

She couldn’t help but chuckle at the younger’s words, “don’t tell me you were thinking that when you two were fighting up there.”

No,” he looked at his lap, “I was thinking it before I left the room.”

Think about what you just said,” she smiled softly. “Tell me, would you really be able to kill him. Would you be able to live happily without him.”

I can try can’t I?” He sighed heavily, “I just need to be alone. I don’t want to see him, not for a while at least.”

I know, sweetie,” Jee Hye rubbed soothing circles on his back. “It’s going to take sometime before you can forgive him.”

The two looked up to see Dae Hyun holding a tray of food, “can you try to eat something? You’re going to need your strength, especially if your planning on killing Yong Guk.”

The black haired man laughed as he accepted the tray in the Dominate’s hands, “was I being that loud?”

No,” the younger smiled, “the rooms just really quiet so we can here you pretty well.”

So are we going with our plan?” the maknae called out from Young Jae’s bed.

Him Chan shook his head, “you can’t add Jong Up back on the list.”

I know,” he called out with a small pout which immediately changed when Seo Gu took the babies into the room.

Where were they at?” the black haired Carrier asked.

We were playing with them,” Jee Hye smiled. “We didn’t want them to wake any of you boys up, so Dae Hyun let us take them to the room while he made sure you were all okay.”