Sign of Life & Jee Hye's Scars

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Dae Hyun snuggled close to his mate wrapping the blanket tightly around them. He smiled as his mate tried to find a comfortable position before he wrapped his arms around the younger’s body. Placing gentle kisses along the pale neck, “how are you feeling.”

The blonde shrugged, “I’m bored more than anything. The maknaes and Him Chan try to keep me company when your gone.”

I’m sorry,” he said softly before pressing his lips on his mate’s forehead. Young Jae shook his head, “don’t be, I’m fine. You and Yong Guk are trying to support all of us, even the maknaes are trying help out.”

Dae Hyun nodded but his smile fade when he noticed the slight discomfort that showed in the younger’s face. “What’s wrong? Is it the babies?”

You could say that,” Young Jae pulled away slightly. Dae Hyun sat up worry and fear written all over, slightly confused why he wasn’t sensing anything wrong when his mate was clearing in some sort of pain. The blonde laughed lightly before pulling off the blanket and rolling up his shirt to his chest. He reached out for his confused mate’s hands and placed them on to his stomach, “it’s not that sort of pain.”

The silver haired boy was confused why his mate was smiling. He looked at his hands on the bare stomach in confusing. He looked to his mate with wide eyes when he felt a small thump at the skin. The blonde nodded. Dae Hyun’s excited laughter filled the room, his eyes shining brightly as his mate laughed along with him. The little ones within his belly were making themselves known with little kicks to their Umma’s stomach.

The couple’s laughter caught everyone’s attention. Everyone slowly entering the room in confusion. Him Chan was the first to realize why Dae Hyun looked so excited when he noticed the silver haired boy’s hands on his mate’s belly.

The black haired male squealed in excitement earning more confused looks, “the babies are kicking?!”

Dae Hyun nodded with a grin. Him Chan rushed to the bed wanting to feel, Jee Hye following close behind. The maknaes moved next wanting to know if they could see the babies kick or not. Yong Guk and Seo Gu smiled fondly as they watched everyone swoon and fond over the young couple’s babies kicking.

The maknae laid his head on the blonde’s stomach listening carefully wanting to see if he could hear their heartbeats or if he could hear them moving inside their mother’s womb. Dae Hyun ruffled his hair with a small smirk. The maknae sticking his tongue out as he continued to listen.

Jong Up looked at the maknae confused when he sat up and glared at the blonde’s stomach while Young Jae laughed. Jun Hong looked offend, “he kicked him!”

Everyone laughed while the maknae continued to glared. Young Jae shook his head, “are we sure it’s a boy?”

We could probably ask Hyeo Rim if she wouldn’t mind doing an ultra sound over here,” Him Chan suggested.

Then we can all decide what we’re going to name our kids,” Dae Hyun laughed.

Yong Guk nodded with a large smile, “and I can argue for Spartacus.”

I guess that means he wants a boy,” Him Chan sighed. “What if we have a girl?”

Then we need a really pretty name for her because she'll take her looks after her Umma,” he gave a gummy smile.

I think I need an appointment too,” the maknae groaned as he laid his head back on the blonde’s stomach.

Him Chan nodded, “You’re sickening sweet. I hope she does because if she gets your smile then poor girls is going to have a hard time finding a boyfriend.”

Hey, gummy smiles are in these days,” Dae Hyun laughed out. The purple haired man could only laugh. Dae Hyun turned to his mate, “what do you hope for?”

Young Jae shrugged, “I don’t know, I just want them to be healthy.”

Dae Hyun nodded, “they’re alright. You’ve been taking good care of them.”

I’m kind of worried if you guys have a girl,” Jong Up smiled brightly.

Why?” Jee Hye bet Dae Hyun to the question.

The brunette’s smile seemed to widened, “because he’ll really become protective. He probably wouldn’t even let her out of the house.”

And if they have boys and if they become Carriers he might do the same,” Him Chan joined in.

The purple haired man laughed wanting to join in on the teasing, “are we sure he’s not a Carrier himself?”

Young Jae laughed lightly as they argued amongst themselves. The blonde alternating between rubbing his belly in hopes of calming his restless babies and petting the now sleeping maknae’s hair.

Yah,” Dae Hyun pouted, “why do you keep asking that?! I’m not a Carrier. Get that through your thick skull.”

Jee Hye shook her head with a smile as she looked to Young Jae. She petted the maknae’s hair before placing a hand on the bare stomach. She smile widening, tears stinging her eyes as she felt a small kick.

Seo Gu saw his mate’s sad eyes from his place a the door. He sighed heavily, he knew why she was sad and he would do anything to make her happy. Right now she need to cry, but she couldn’t in front of the others. Taking a deep breathe he called to the others, “I think we should let Young Jae rest, your argument is making the babies anxious. I’m surprised Jun Hong managed to fall asleep with all this noise.”

Him Chan covered his mouth quickly to keep himself from squealing. Dae Hyun was quick to grab his camera from the bedside table. The silver haired boy taking several picture before laughing out softly, “now he can’t tell the kids he’s never liked them.”

Seo Gu shook his head, “alright everyone out, well except for Jun Hong... and Dae Hyun if he can calm down.”

The sliver haired boy smiled sheepishly, “I’ll calm down, I promise.”

Young Jae chuckled softly as his mate crawled into bed next to him. He looked to Seo Gu, “if I get annoyed of him I’ll call out for help.”

Seo Gu smiled as he reached out for his mate’s hand. Jee Hye smiled softly at him as she took his hand. He wrapped an arm around her waist when she stood close enough, leading them both out of the room and to their own. She need time to mourn the past and he needed to comfort her in any way he possibly could.

 

Are you alright?” Seo Gu pulled his mate into a hug once they closed the room door behind them.

Jee Hye sighed heavily, her voice thick with sorrow, “I’m fine.”

He shook his head before placing a small kiss on her forehead, “no you’re not. I can tell. I know you want to cry.”

Jee Hye wrapped her arms around her mate’s neck sobbing. He tightened his grip around her waist slightly trying to comfort her ailing heart. She chocked out, “I didn’t mean to get so emotional.”

It’s not your fault, Jee Hye,” he spoke softly to her. “You can’t control your emotions all the time.”

She shook her head pulling slightly out of his grip to look at him better. “I know, but I shouldn’t be feeling the way I do, especially not towards Young Jae or Him Chan. They’ve done nothing to deserve it.”

What are you feeling?” he asked, already knowing the answer.

Her breathing shook, “jealousy. I know it’s wrong, but I just can’t help but to feel a bit of jealousy.”

It’s natural,” Seo Gu lead them to the bed. Pulling her down to sit next to him. “You can’t really help it, but you can control your actions.”

She looked at her hands sitting in her lap still feeling guilt weighing on her heart. “I don’t want to be jealous of their children.”

Her mate shrugged, “You know they would let you watch them and take care of them.”

I know,” Jee Hye sniffed, “but I want my own.”

I know you do,” Seo Gu spoke softly as he took one of her hands into his own. “I’m sorry I can’t give you one.”

I’m sorry I can’t have one,” she cried softly. Seo Gu pulled her in to a hug, her head resting on his shoulder, “it’s not your fault.”

It’s not fair,” her words were barely above a whisper. “I should’ve been more careful.”

There was no way you could’ve prepared yourself,” he tried to console her. “The fire wasn’t your fault. It didn’t start from anything you’ve done, it was old wiring in the house.”

If I would’ve just left the house right away...” Jee Hye cried harder cutting herself off.

Seo Gu hugged her tighter, “you were scared, there was really nothing you could’ve done. And with they way things were they could’ve ended a lot worse. I would’ve lost you as well.”

Jee Hye unconsciously rubbed her flat stomach, feeling an old scar through the thin fabric of her shirt. The scar that haunted her for two years, two weeks and three days; an ugly reminder of that fateful day she lost their child in a fire accident. The day that should have been filled with joy and celebration had become a dark and gloomy day for the couple. She couldn’t remember what she was doing before the fire started, she only had blurred memories of trying to gather a few thing and the desperate feeling of trying to get out. She could still feel the burning sensation in her lungs and the sharp abdominal pains.

She looked up when her mate placed his hand on hers. The sad and broken look in his eyes, silently begging her to stop blaming herself for what had happened. Jee Hye intertwined their fingers, “I don’t know if I can ever stop.”

It’s not healthy for you to be doing that to yourself,” he continued to talk in a low steady voice. “When you do that... It makes me feel helpless, because I can’t comfort you. I end up blaming myself for not being home to help you.”

Her eyes watered slightly, “You can’t blame yourself.”

If you can blame yourself then why cant I?” he asked firmly. “Why can’t I share the blame? It’s just as much as my fault as it is yours.”

No,” she whispered. Silence passed between them as they tried to find the right words to say. Jee Hye gently squeezing her mate’s hand as she looked around their room, “I don’t know if we’ll ever get over it.”

We won’t,” his voice shook, “it’s something that nobody can get recover from. At least I don’t think so.”

Then what do we do?” she asked losing hope.

Seo Gu shrugged, “I guess we could talk to someone about that. You could probably ask Him Chan how or if he even recovered from losing his child.”

Jee Hye bolted up into a seated position, “Him Chan lost a baby?”

He nodded, “Yong Guk told me the story of how everything went. How Him Chan went into a depression and how nobody knew who had done it. Not until Young Jae was able to tell them without the fear of getting into trouble.”

What happened?” she asked in a state of disbelief. Her mate sighed heavily, “Dae Hyun’s previous mate attacked Him Chan. They don’t know why though.”

Was she trying to kill him as well?”

Seo Gu shrugged, “I don’t know, maybe. Yong Guk said he was beaten pretty bad, that he was scared he was going to lose the both of them.”

Her heart broke for the happy couple. She understood their pain and right now she was slightly envious of how they seemed to be able to over come that pain and continue with their lives. Would they be able to move on like they have? May be she should ask Him Chan, ask him about how he pushed pass his fear and pain. She needed to know if she could do the same, because if she could let that pain go then maybe she could begin again.

Jee Hye looked to her mate, her eyes shining with determination, “maybe I will go talk to Him Chan.”

Seo Gu smiled softly, “then maybe we can try again.”