Awkward Moment

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

How’s it going over there?” The maknae asked as Jong Up entered the room.

The brunette shrugged, “pretty good, I guess. It’s really starting to look like a little house down there. We just need a few more things before anything gets put down there.”

Are the rooms planned out?" the taller boy asked. “How big is it down there?"

The elder nodded, “it’s a decent size. They have four rooms."

Are we going to have to share rooms?"Jun Hong asked.

Jong Up nodded, “one room is going to be used as the kitchen, living room and dining room.”

Better than nothing I suppose." The younger sighed. “What are they doing now?"

They’re going to glue some pieces together then they’re going to take a break," the brunette answered.

Jun Hong nodded, “and what are you doing here? Why aren’t you helping them?”

I was sent to make lunch.” The shorter boy smiled brightly, “I just don’t know what to make.”

Well, Him Chan was going to get started on lunch after he got out of the shower.” The maknae thought for a minute, “just make something small and tell them that Him Chan’s going to make lunch soon.”

Jong Up nodded, “sounds like a plan, but I still don’t know what to make.”

The younger sighed heavily, resisting the urge to smack the brunette. “Why not just make them a sandwich, maybe just half it between them.”

But then I would have one half too much.” the elder said more to himself.

Jun Hong smirked, “then you could give me that half.”

Alright,” the brunette smiled. “Do you know if we have any water bottles?”

I honestly couldn’t tell you.” The pink haired boy sighed. “There might be some in the pantry, I just hope you guys don’t want them cold.”

Jong Up shrugged as he walked over to the pantry door, “I don’t think it really matters.”

The younger watched as the shorter boy gathered the ingredients he needed to make simple sandwiches. It never occurred to him that maybe he should help, even when the slightly elder boy gave him a small frown. Jun Hong could only grin knowing that the other wouldn’t force him to help.

How are Young Jae and Dae Hyun doing?” The brunette asked as he took out two slices of bread.

The maknae sighed, “alright I guess. They haven’t come down yet. Thank goodness, I don’t think I can take another suffocating hug from Young Jae.”

Jong Up nodded, “same here. I wasn’t expecting him to just grab us and cuddle with us. I’m lucky Dae Hyun didn’t come down with him.”

The pink haired boy nodded, “And that Yong Guk was able to talk him into letting us go before he decided to drag us upstairs.”

That would’ve been a disaster.” the short boy shook his head lightly as he finished one sandwich and moved on to the next.

Jun Hong decided to cut the sandwich in half. “Do you really think he would try to do anything to you?”

The elder paused to think the question over. He shrugged, “I don’t know. I thought they had forgiven me, but I’m not so sure any more. I don’t want them to hate me. I didn’t mean to hurt Young Jae.”

I don’t think it’s something you can really get over.” The tall boy gave an apologetic smiled, “that doesn’t mean they haven’t forgiven you. It’s just something that they’re traumatized by.”

Jong Up glared soflty, “that doesn’t make me feel any better.”

I never said it was,” the younger chuckled softly. “So tell me, why didn’t Young Jae react the same way when you tried to mate him?”

The brunette shrugged, “I don’t know. Probably because he wasn’t interested.”

That or you really weren’t ready to mate.” The taller boy smirked, “you obviously were moving to fast.”

And where did you get that idea?” The shorter boy huffed in slight embarrassment.

Jun Hong continued to smile, “research. Young Jae was showing me what he found in Him Chan’s books.”

I’m a little scared to know what you found out,” the elder admitted.

The pink haired boy shook his head, “it’s not that bad. We just looked up a few about cheating mates.”

What did you find out?” Jong Up was more than interested.

Maybe we should wait until later,” the pink haired boy pointed to the now hardened sandwich, “you still have to take that out to them and make one for us.”

Oops,” the elder scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile. “I guess I forgot.”

Jun Hong opened his mouth to speak, only to close it noticing the elder boy’s face expression. Following his wide eyes, he turned around to see the silver haired boy walking down the stairs with his mate following close behind. The maknae looked back to the brunette, his eyes full of worry and fear.

Jong Up was frozen in fear, there was no way he could avoid Dae Hyun now; he was cornered in the kitchen. The brunette could only watch as the two entered the kitchen, silently praying that the elder would just turn away. He looked to the pink haired maknae for help, but he knew that there was really nothing that he could do to prevent the sliver haired boy from doing as he pleased.

The blonde sat himself next to the maknae sitting at the counter while Dae Hyun went to investigate what the other was doing. The silver haired boy smiled softly as he gently lead Jong Up to a chair next to the pink haired boy before ruffling their hairs and kissing his mate’s cheek. The younger two could only watch in awe and mild amusement as Dae Hyun began making more sandwiches. Getting a tray ready that the brunette was originally supposed to do.

Shock and fear coursed through Him Chan’s body when he noticed the three sitting at the counter. Slowly, walked into the kitchen not wanting to disrupt whatever peace they had. Disbelief held his tongue, preventing him from finding his voice. Although he had to say he was very glad the outcome was peaceful and not violent; and amusing to say the least.

Walking around the counter and into the kitchen he noticed that Dae Hyun had already begun making lunch, occasionally giving small treats to the younger three whom happily accepted them.

The black haired man chuckled softly seeing them watching Dae Hyun’s every move, waiting patiently for another treat. Him Chan smiled softly when the silver haired boy looked over to him. The Dominate walked over to him, deciding to lead him to a chair at the table. He laughed again when the silver haired boy began taking the three from the counter and seating them with him.

 

Well that was awkward,” the maknae laughed as the entered their room.

Jong Up nodded, “but it was better than all the other possibilities. I don’t think I would be able to fight Dae Hyun with you and Young Jae in the same room.”

Why, embarrassed you might lose?” the pink haired boy laughed, taking a seat on the bad.

The elder shook his head sitting next to the other, “I don’t want either of you tow to get caught in the middle. You guys might get hurt.”

Ah, so you can think,” Jun Hong joked. “I doubt he would’ve started a fight with you when Young Jae is so close.”

The brunette nodded as he pulled his legs up. “I guess this means he doesn’t see me as his enemy.”

Does this mean that they forgiven you?” the younger asked, receiving a shrug as an answer. “Well, I believe they have.”

I just hope Yong Guk isn’t mad at me for not going back,” Jong Up sighed. “I didn’t mean to get stuck inside.”

I think he understands,” the taller boy laughed. “I mean he did come in looking for you and he did see Dae Hyun practically forcing you to say in your seat.”

The brunette nodded, “true, but I’m still curious as to why Dae Hyun didn’t do anything.”

Really, did we not just go over this?” Jun Hong shook his head, “maybe it has to do with Young Jae cuddling us. He might’ve been able to convince Dae Hyun that you’re only a child not ready to mate.”

So, then Him Chan wasn’t letting Young Jae suffocate us just for his own amusement?” then shorter boy asked. He wasn’t sure he wanted to believe that the black haired man allowed Young Jae to hold them tightly for their ‘safety’.

The pink haired boy laughed, “I guess so.”

Oh.” Jong Up suddenly changed the subject, “before I forget, what did you find out?”

The younger shook his head with slight amusement. “We mainly went over what Yong Guk already told us, but we did find out a bit more. Dominates can actually mate more that one Carrier.”

What?!” The brunette looked to the pink haired boy in shock. “How is that possible?”

It’s only possible if he mates with a male and a female Carrier,” Jun Hong explained. “That’s why a Carrier can’t really tell if the Dominate is cheating. A Dominate can tell if the Carrier cheated only if the Carrier gets pregnant by another Dominate. Did you know that A male Carrier can mate a female Carrier?”

This is very confusing,” Jong Up shook his head. “Why is this all even possible?”

The whole male Carrier system isn’t exactly perfect,” the younger sighed, “we learned this in school.”

Yea, but I didn’t know how bad it was.” The brunette laid himself back, allowing his legs to hang off the edge. With a sigh he asked, “so a Carrier cannot be mated to two Dominates?”

The pink haired boy shook his head. “Nope, and now we’re almost back to square one. Yong Guk had to teach Dae Hyun to sense Young Jae’s pregnancy, so we don’t know for sure.”

That doesn’t meant we’re all the way back at square one.” The shorter boy smiled, “it just mean we skipped a few too many steps, or we’re missing something.”

Jun Hong shrugged looking around the room, “well, I don’t know what to do next. I barely managed to find out what I did without giving to much away to Young Jae.”

What do you mean?” the brunette sat up quickly.

I asked him is I could borrow the books,” the younger hesitated, chewing his lips softly. “He sort of figured out it was about Ji Eun.”

He doesn’t know about Yong Guk right?” Jong Up asked worriedly. If Young Jae found out then he might accidently accuse the purple haired man for something he possibly didn’t do. They weren’t even sure themselves and if it got out before they could prove anything then everything could back fire on them.

The taller boy shook his head, “no he doesn’t. He didn’t question me once he found out it was about Ji Eun. He might’ve thought it was best if he didn’t know. That was too close.”

The brunette nodded, “let’s just hope we’re wrong and that all of this was just to entertain ourselves.”

Seriously,” Jun Hong played with his shirt. “You know, we really need to find a new hobby. Why do we always choose the depressing ones.”

Okay,” the elder chuckled. “You can choose the next one then.”

We’d have to wait for the snow to melt first,” the pink haired maknae stretched. “Unless you feel like playing board games or building random things to piss off Him Chan.”

Speaking of him, don’t you have to help him and Jee Hye with party planning?”