Small Plans & A Time Limit

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

I’m going to be trying to find separate living arrangements,” Dae Hyun sighed.

At least until the baby is born,” Yong Guk added. “The urge should fade by then.”

Seo Gu nodded, “We have an empty room in the barn if you don’t mind.”

Dae Hyun shrugged, “Will that be far enough?”

The elder couple shrugged. Seo Gu continued, “well you could stay there until you don’t feel you’re a safe distance from him then we’ll help you find your own place.”

Dae Hyun nodded, “It’ll be fine.”

Are there any specific jobs you’re looking for,” Jee Hye tried. “Or anything you feel that your good at?”

What were your jobs at the Facility?” Seo Gu asked.

I was a nurse and Young Jae was an assistant,” Him Chan smiled. “He was mainly an assistant to me because I kind of kept stealing him from where ever he was.”

Dae Hyun and I worked making random things,” Yong Guk shrugged.

And we were students,” Jun Hong smiled. Jong Up nodding along, agreeing to whatever the maknae said.

We could see if Hyeo Rim needs any assistance,” she suggest with a smile. “Jung Min might need some help as well.”

We could go see them later today,” Seo Gu offered.

Yong Guk nodded, “Sounds fine with me. Do you need any help here, though? I mean I don’t want to feel like we’re mooching off of you two.”

If that’s how you’re going to feel,” Seo Gu thought for a few minutes. “Well I could have you help with some of the field work, since some my employees moved. The only problem is that farming takes almost all day.”

I could do with that,” Yong Guk nodded.

It might be best if I work elsewhere,” Dae Hyun spoke regretfully.

I work at a bakery,” Jee Hye smiled, “we always need help there.”

I can do that,” Dae Hyun smiled. The elder couple looked to him with confused faces. Everyone chuckled. Him Chan spoke, “he enjoys cooking, he’s better with baking than he is with making things.”

Dae Hyun ignored the comment. “What are we going to have Young Jae do?”

He’s going to watch the kids.” Him Chan smiled. The blonde nodded is okay.

Hyung, we’re old enough to watch ourselves,” Jun Hong whined.

Him Chan scoffed, “yes, but you are Yong Guk’s little demon, and Jong Up just listens to whatever you tell him. I’d rather spare the town from you two.”

There’s a school if you’d like to enroll them,” Seo Gu offered.

I have a question,” Young Jae spoke softly. “How are we going to have jobs if we don’t have any of our paper work?”

Yong Guk sighed, “that’s right. The Facility has everything of ours.”

That’s the good thing about small towns,” Jee Hye smiled waving her hand dismissively. “None of that really matters unless you go into big cities. We have our papers but nobody uses them or bothers.”

Him Chan nodded, “Well I guess we could find something for Young Jae to do elsewhere then if the kids go to school.”

 

Him Chan was bored and the room was just begging be redone. He was tempted to move several things around but he didn’t want to offend anyone. He looked to the blonde next to him. He laughed lightly noticing the pained look on the younger’s face. Apparently he was thinking the same thing.

Young Jae looked to him, “Why are you laughing?”

The furniture is decent, it’s just all the colors that makes them so ugly,” he laughed. “It would be an easy fix, I just done want to offend them by changing everything.”

The blonde nodded, “I never knew there was such a thing as too much color.”

Oh, trust me there is,” Him Chan chuckled, “and there are some colors that should never go together.”

The younger nodded his head in agreement. “Do you think that you’ll be able to get the job?”

I hope so,” Him Chan sighed, “if not then I’ll just see if there is anything else I can do. If one door closes you just gotta search for an open one. You won’t always find what you were looking for, so you gotta take what you can get until something better comes your way.”

I don’t know how much help I’ll be,” he looked down regretfully.

Why do you say that?” the elder held a worried look.

I’m scared,” the youngster admitted. “I’m still afraid to meet people.”

I think we’re all a little scared about meeting new people,” He assured. “Being at the Facility has made us all a little distrustful.”

Young Jae nodded, “I don’t really want to meet them because of my baby.”

Him Chan nodded, “Yong Guk did seem to be against you going outside alone. He might be planning on locking you up inside until he or Jong Up can you around.”

So you were more of suggesting that the maknaes watch me instead of me watching them?” the blonde laughed. Him Chan shrugged with a smile, “I didn’t want to offend you.”

It’s alright,” he smiled, “we have an understanding right now.”

I guess that’s the pact that Yong Guk was talking about,” Him Chan laughed. Young Jae gave him a questioning look. The elder explained, “Yong Guk believes Dae Hyun and Jong Up made a pact to protect you and Jun Hong from each other. The day you told him about Ji Eun…”

Him Chan took a deep breath before continuing, shaking off the pain he felt in his heart. “I guess Jun Hong kept scolding him, so he thinks that you two made a pact to kill any and all Dominates.”

Young Jae laughed lightly, “I think that he was originally plotting on that but he seemed to have a better idea. We just decided we were going to have each other’s backs.”

Well if you two do decide to kill Dominates,” Him Chan smiled, “please leave mine alive, and those two idiots. I’m very fond of them. And take into consideration that not all Dominates are s.”

Young Jae smiled, “I’ll talk to Jun Hong about crossing off those two from our list.”

Hey,” he laughed, “if anything, I’m sure Yong Guk would help you two, especially if any decide to break our babies’ hearts. I’ll even help.”

I thought you said you were fond of the idiots,” the blonde joked.

Him Chan ruffled his hair, “we’ll kick their asses later, although I think you and Jun Hong already did a number on them.”

We were hoping to do more damage but you guys interrupted us.”

The black-hair man shook his head laughing, “we were afraid that you two might get too wrapped up in scolding them that you’d end up saying things you don’t mean.”

Young Jae nodded, “then maybe it was a good thing you stepped in when you did. Where is everybody anyhow?”

Jee Hye went to work. Seo Gu is showing both Dae Hyun and Yong Guk what their jobs are going to be, at least until Dae Hyun hears back from the Bakery,” Him Chan explained. “And the maknaes, I think they are following them around.”

Young Jae nodded, “has the school started here or has it ended?”

I believe it started about a month or two ago,” he said taking the time to think it over. “We’re going to enroll them tomorrow; maybe they can start tomorrow as well.”

Oh, that’s right, schools aren’t open on weekends,” he said more too himself.

The elder nodded his head, “With winter coming I don’t think there will be much farming to do.”

It’ll slow down the Facility too,” Young Jae thought out loud.

What do you mean?”

Well, Seo Gu said that small towns don’t appear on most major maps, which the Facility uses, so they won’t know that we are here,” the blonde explained his hypothesis. “They’ll have to ask someone who is from a small town themselves and acquire a map that shows them where the small towns are. From there they will have to check everywhere to find us. I think Jee Hye mentioned that it snows heavily out here, and Seo Gu mentioned that the roads go around all the mountains which will be very dangerous to travel on. They can’t cut through, because they would get lost. Even if they do get here before the snow I’m positive it will snow if they catch us, so we would still be here until it melts. They cannot risk traveling with two pregnant Carriers. So the way I figure it, we should be safe until spring comes.”

Him Chan had to think about the young blonde’s words. His idea seemed logical, but how close was he to the truth. He’d have to see a map himself to see how close they were and how much time they would have before the Facility finally caught up to them. He’d have to talk with Yong Guk and Seo Gu about Young Jae’s assumption. He sighed, “we’d have to look at a map to be certain about that.”

Young Jae nodded, “sorry I guess I got a little carried away.”

No, it’s alright,” Him Chan spoke, still thinking of the possibilities. “We haven’t really considered how long it would take before they realized we took a completely different route. We didn’t even have a planned route which could work to our advantage for now, but you are right about something. We are going to have to move soon, we just have to find out how soon.”

Young Jae nodded in agreement. His eyes began looking around the room, trying to think of something else to talk about. He turned feeling Him Chan getting off the bed.

The black haired male smiled, “Let’s go see what the others are up to and see if we can find a map.”

The blonde nodded getting to his feet. Both heading down the stairs to find the maknaes sitting in the kitchen bored out of their minds.

I thought you two were with Yong Guk,” Him Chan spoke.

We were sent inside,” Jong Up sighed.

They decided to just start working all together out there and learn things as they go,” Jun Hong elaborated. “They said we would be in the way.”

Oh, I guess we gotta see about a map later then,” Him Chan said to the blonde.

Young Jae nodded, “do you think they have one out here.”

It would be rude to go through their stuff without permission,” Him Chan folded his arms, suddenly bored.

What do you need a map for?” Jun Hong asked.

Just to check out a theory that Young Jae had,” the elder answered.

What theory?” the maknaes became interested.

To estimate how long it would take the Facility to find us,” Young Jae sighed.

They should be coming back in a little bit,” Jong Up offered. Jun Hong nodded adding, “I think Seo Gu is having them do the minimum for now, until they get an idea of what they’re doing. With winter coming there isn’t much to do.”

So what do we do while they wait?” Young Jae asked.

Him Chan sighed, “Hmm, Jun Hong, Jong Up go bring me your clothes; I want to see if they’re decent enough for you two to wear. Are there any holes in them that you are sure are going to need patching up?”

More than likely,” Jong Up thought.

I don’t think he was looking for an answer, Jong Uppie,” Jun Hong patted the brunette’s back. “I think he just wants us to bring our clothes down for him to examine them himself.”

Him Chan nodded when the brunette looked to him in question. He sighed pushing himself off his chair and follow the maknae into the room nearest the stairs. Him Chan went to a bag he had purposely under the small wooden end table, hidden from view.

Going through the bag he pulled out a small sewing kit. He smiled the blonde holding the little box, “Care to help?”

Young Jae nodded, “I’m sure Dae Hyun and Yong Guk are going to need their clothing patched up as well… Dae Hyun and Jong Up had gotten into that fight and Yong Guk was always trampling out a path.”

Or somehow tripping on something,” Him Chan sighed. “We may as well go through all our clothing and see what we can salvage.”

I don’t think my shirt is savable,” the blonde scratched the back of his head.

Why, do you doubt my sewing skills?” Him Chan joked with his hands on his hips.

No it’s not that,” the younger laughed. “My white shirt, the one I was wearing when we escaped. I had gotten caught on to the fence.”

Oh, that one,” Him Chan scrunch softly his face in thought. “We could probably use it to patch up the maknaes clothes.”