Reintroducing One’s Self

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Him Chan stretched out his arms, yawning quietly. He looked around the room, he felt strange being in a room after so long, especially one with so many colors.

Maybe a little too many colors,’ he laughed to himself, ‘maybe they’ll let me redecorate later.’

What’s so funny?” him mates asked, voice husky with sleep.

This room doesn’t match,” Him Chan spoke quietly turning to face the purple haired man.

Yong Guk shift a bit before looking around the room. “Maybe they couldn’t decide on a color.”

So they threw them all in here?” The black haired man chuckled. The Dominate smiled, pulling his mate close to his chest. “It’s just for a little while, so deal with it.”

Let’s see how long that last.” Him Chan kissed the tip of the elder’s nose, “should we see if the others are awake.”

Dae Hyun more than likely is,” he smiled.

Yes, but he might be enjoying the comfort of a bed,” the black haired male pointed out. “It’s been a while since we’ve been in a bed.”

It hasn’t been that long.” Yong Guk looked aroung the room. “I guess we should get up and plan out how we’re going to make a living.”

I really don’t want to wake up Young Jae though,” Him Chan pouted poking at the lump at his side opposite of his mate. “He looks so comfortable and peaceful.”

And he’s going to be hell to wake up,” the purple haired man laughed rolling over to get a better view of the lump.

You wake him up then,” younger man glared softly. Yong Guk shrugged and began shaking the blonde until he poked his head out of the covers.

Young Jae’s eyes were still glazed over with sleep were looking around disoriented, wondering where he was. His expression lost and tired from their travel.

Him Chan laughed lightly. “Heartless man, waking my baby up so rudely. Now look at him he’s completely lost.”

Well you better put him back on track before he starts freaking out again,” the elder laughed getting out of bed.

The black haired man shook his head as he crawled over to the dioriented blonde, pulling him into a hug. “Good morning.”

The younger looked up at him with questioning eyes. Him Chan worried slightly, “what’s wrong, Young Jae?”

The blonde didn’t answer. Instead his eyes scanned the room once more in fear and curiosity. His mind was in a fog, trying to peice together his memories of the previous day. The elder had to gently shake him to regain his attention.

Him Chan looked into the dark orbs that were slowly regain their life. “Are you awake, yet?”

Young Jae nodded, his hand reaching up to rub the remain sleep from his eyes. “Where is everybody?”

 

About time you got up,” Dae Hyun joked as the elder walked down the stairs.

Yong Guk smiled, “I see you got the maknaes up already.”

That’s because he got bored and decided to fight with us when we were trying to sleep,” Jun Hong complained taking a bite of his food.

The brunette nodded in agreemen. “He kept jumping all over us and he wouldn’t stop until we got up.”

Dae Hyun just shrugged with a smirk when the elder looked to him. “Are Him Chan and Young Jae up?”

Yea, Him Chan has to put a disoriented Young Jae back on track.” Yong Guk looked to the empty stair case, “I think they’re both debating if they really want to come down though.”

I guess Him Chan decided to be lazy earlier than normal,” Dae Hyun smirked.

I can hear you you know,” Him Chan called out. The silver haired boy almost chocked on his food. Yong Guk laughed patting his back to help him out.

The black haired man began his decent with Young Jae trailing quietly behind. He looked around the room before asking, “where are Seo Gu and his mate?”

Seo Gu went to check on some things outside,” the maknae spoke up, “and his mate went to change into something decent.”

Did they already eat?” Him Chan asked.

The silver haired boy nodded, “Yea they were eating when I went to wake the maknaes up.”

Oh.” Him Chan allowed his mate to lead him to an empty chair and into his lap; Young Jae took a seat next to them, not wanting to be separated from the black haired man.

Well someone’s quiet this morning.” The silver haired Dominate decided poked at the blonde. The blonde Carrier scooted away and closer to the couple, slightly irritated. Dae Hyun and the maknaes looked to them in question. Yong Guk shrugged while Him Chan gently patted the blonde’s hair, whispering words of comfort.

The black hair man sighed, “He had a nightmare. And when Yong Guk woke him up he was terrified. He remembered everything backwards from when we left the Facility to last night.”

So what’s wrong with him right now?” Jong Up asked.

He’s still a bit shaken up from the dream,” Him Chan sighed sadly. “He’s a bit disoriented as well so he doesn’t recognize much right now.”

And since his surrounding is new he might be like that for a little while.” The elder Dominate remembered the first time the blonde had freaked out about his surroundings. “Just give him an hour or two and he’ll be fine.”

The three nodded returning their attention back to their food. Him Chan had to coax Young Jae a bit before the blonde began eating on his own. The purple haired man had to feed his mate whenever he became too distracted in making sure the other Carrier was still eating.

 

How is everyone this morning,” came Seo Gu’s mate’s voice. Young Jae jumped slightly, not expecting the new voice. Him Chan and Yong Guk instinctively wrapped their arms around him, trying to comfort him.

She paused seeing the blonde’s reaction. “Oh, I’m sorry was I too loud?”

He’ll be alright, he’s just a bit sensitive right now,” Him Chan smiled weakly.

Seo Gu should be back in a bit. He likes to make sure everything is getting enough water.” She smiled tying back her mid-length brown hair. “I see the clothes fit. Your clothes are in the washing machine, I hope you guys don’t mind.”

Ah, yeah, they do. Thank you, you didn’t have to do that.” Yong Guk answered shoving food into Him Chan's mouth.

The woman laughed, “You two are so cute.”

You should’ve seen them when they first met,” Dae Hyun mumbled with a smirk, the maknaes giggling earning two glares and a confused look.

I hope the food is to your liking,” she smiled brightly shaking of the comment.

It very good,” the maknaes spoke in unison, “thank you.”

Everyone nodded their agreement. The woman smiled again, “I’m glad. Did you all sleep well?”

Very well,” Yong Guk gave a gummy smile, “especially considering we haven’t used a bed in a while.”

It wasn’t too cold or anything?”

It was perfectly fine,” Him Chan assured.

I hope so, I wouldn’t want any of you to get sick,” she spoke worriedly. “Ah, and two of you are expecting; it would be bad for the baby. Oh, maybe I should make some tea and soup.”

It’s alright,” Jong Up waved him arms lightly. “A little draft wouldn’t hurt us.”

Oh, there’s a draft in the room?” she began speaking fast. “I should have Seo Gu fix that when he gets back. Were the beds too hard or too soft? Maybe they color of the room was off and upsetting. Was there not enough color? Too much color? Well the one room just has a collection of items our relatives sent us over the years. They are hideous I know that’s why we threw them in that one room. I had been meaning to get rid of them but who would want those gaudy things. I sure as hell didn’t-.”

Everything was fine. Really,” Him Chan smiled nervously, trying to calm her down. “He was trying to say that something so small and trivial wouldn’t matter to us because you’re showing us so much hospitality.”

Oh? Really,” she perked up. Everyone nodded; even the once dazed Young Jae had managed to get out of his stupor in time to hear her rambling. “Oh I just realized. I never introduced myself last night. Oh, where are my manners?”

Hey, sorry I’m late,” Seo Gu smiled entering the house. Everyone released a quiet sigh of relief. Seo Gu looked to them realizing that his wife was already bombarding them. He laughed, “Why don’t we all get to know each other better before we figure out where to go from here.”

Yong Guk helped Seo Gu cleaned the table, Dae Hyun and Young Jae washed the dishes, the maknae drying and putting them away, and Him Chan helped Seo Gu’s wife put away any left overs. After they were sure everything was in order the gathered at the dining table.

Well a formal introduction would be a good start, don’t you think?” Seo Gu smiled.

Yong Guk nodded, “Bang Yong Guk, and this is my mate-.”

I’m Kim Him Chan or as he likes to call me: Kim Him Chan,” he smirked as he mimicked his mate's voice.

Dae Hyun and the maknae stilled their giggles. The silver haired boy managed to control his laughing, “I’m Jung Dae Hyun.”

Oh,” Young Jae realized everyone’s attention was on him. “I am Yoo Young Jae.”

Moon Jong Up,” he smiled brightly. The maknae nodded, “I’m Choi Jun Hong.”

Seo Gu smiled, happy to learn their last names, “I am Kang Seo Gu.”

And I am Park Jee Hye,” she clasped her hands together in excitement.

An awkward silence seemed to overcome them; neither of them, sure of what to say next. Him Chan bit at his bottom lip nervously. The maknaes were exchanging glances with whomever looked their way. Young Jae kept to himself feeling more than a bit awkward. Dae Hyun sighed to himself. Jee Hye waited patiently for someone to start the conversation. Seo Gu and Yong Guk exchanged glances, neither wanting to be the first to speak.

Jee Hye decided since no one was going to talk first, she may as well start, “What are you plans now? Did you want to find your own place or continue moving?”

We’re not sure,” Him Chan sighed. “We were hoping to find jobs to earn money and get a bit farther out, but we may have to wait on that plan, since we weren’t expecting to be pregnant.”

Oh, that’s right!” she spoke thoughtfully, “Seo Gu said you were from the Facility. Were you forced to be pregnant, is that why you weren’t expecting?”

Actually before we escaped, I was trying to get pregnant, but when we did I didn’t realize I was pregnant.” Him Chan explained slowly. “Young Jae is the only one who was impregnated by force.”

Oh,” she was shocked. “So you don’t know who his Dominate is?”

Strangely enough, it’s me,” Dae Hyun spoke softly, not wanting to admit it.

Oh, well that’s good news, isn’t it?” she smiled nervously.

Dae Hyun looked away as Yong Guk wrapped him arm around the silent blonde. The maknaes looked worriedly between the blonde and the silver haired boy.

Dae Hyun feels he isn’t ready to mate again,” Yong Guk explained. “He had lost his mate and child during childbirth. Young Jae was inseminated soon after. They knew nothing about each other and they were just going to be forced together. We just recently found out that Young Jae was pregnant with Dae Hyun’s child.”

Oh, my,” she covered . “That’s terrible, but then… Since you don’t…. So?”