Changes and a Discovery

Ever Dream (It's Back... Again... For good)

Is everyone ready?” Yong Guk asked as they all gathered in the main part of the room, nods where went all around. “Alright let’s go, try not to lose anything.”

Quietly, Him Chan and Dae Hyun led the way out of the hotel room with the moon as their only source of light. Avoiding, any signs of life as they exited the small town. Yong Guk taking special care of covering their path ensuring nobody had followed them.

"Do we head back to camp?" Him Chan asked Yong Guk when he had caught up.

Yong Guk shook his head, "no we better move on, in case they find out that we were in there."

"Especially since we stole these," Dae Hyun indicated their clothes.

Him Chan nodded examining each of them, they looked 'normal' if that’s what this was considered; each of them had a new hair color and haircut, everyone except Young Jae who only had a haircut, and were in new clothes that they had stolen earlier and some more in their bags. Now, if they ran into anybody they wouldn’t be tied to the Facility at first glance. "Do we continue on westward or are we changing our direction too?"

Yong Guk thought for a while, “we probably should go in a different direction, skip a few towns, then resupply, after a few more we could probably start looking for work.”

What do we do about the younger ones?”

I can watch them,” Young Jae offered.

But you’re just a baby yourself,” Him Chan protested.

Young Jae shook his head, “I’m only a few months younger than Dae Hyun.”

Yong Guk nodded, “he’s right Him Chan, he can take care of them, and if the three of us work than we can be able to afford a small place much quicker.”

Are you sure you’re up to it?” Him Chan asked Young Jae. The blonde smiled, “I’m sure, they aren’t much trouble.”

Him Chan nodded his okay, Yong Guk smiled, “Him Chan the map if you would please?”

Him Chan unfolded the map for all to see. Everyone studied the map though it was the elder half of the group that would decide which direction they went. Him Chan asked first, “what about taking this route?”

There’s too many people out there,” Dae Hyun pointed out.

Yong Guk kept quiet, silently forming a plan, thinking of every possibility, as the two continued with their low debates. Every way Yong Guk looked at it they would run out of food before they could reach another village somewhere along the way. They couldn’t stay on this side of the forest though, it was still too close to the Facility, but it was a long shot especially if they didn’t ration their food. They would need to restock before they entered the dense forest in hopes that that would last long enough for them to make it through.

 

Dae Hyun silently kept a watchful eye on Young Jae from behind the group; there was something nagging at him, but he couldn’t quiet tell what it was. Yong Guk and Him Chan seemed to be hiding something as well, it couldn’t be about the gamble they were going to take, and he knew about that, they all did. No, this was something else; this was something they’ve been hiding for a while now. Him Chan couldn’t be pregnant; Yong Guk wouldn’t even suggest him working. What could they possibly be hiding?

He’d been watching Young Jae for a while now, he noticed him acting a bit more motherly towards Jun Hong and Jong Up, but that was probably because of Him Chan’s influence. He knew Young Jae had liked to joke around and had a polite manner, though he rarely used it towards him. He also had a really good sense of humor, which amazed him, especially since he knew that blonde had been locked away in the Facility Hospital. When Him Chan and Young Jae would bicker, the younger would question every little thing, and much to his amusement Yong Guk would side with him rather than his mate; it wasn’t like Yong Guk was cheating on Him Chan, it was more of him having a new way to tease his mate. Giving his attention to another though it was more fatherly than anything, apparently Young Jae became their substitute baby for the time being.

Well, he did seem like one to Dae Hyun, the blonde cried whenever he would say something though he saw nothing wrong with what he said. Maybe it was because he never apologized to him? Was he really that upset? Though it was Young Jae's curiosity and need to see the world that caught his attention. He was in every sense a new born; the world was strange, so full of color and wonder. Never has Dae Hyun seen someone so bright when it came to the little things, though the thing that caught Young Jae’s attention the most were electronics. Dae Hyun regretted asking him about it but that was something to rant about later.

Dae Hyun shifted his gaze slightly, sensing someone looking at him. He glared at Jun Hong seeing the smirk on the younger’s face. He knew exactly what Jun Hong was thinking and he prayed to whoever listened that he wouldn’t tell Young Jae whatever stupid crap he thought of telling him. Dae Hyun was absolutely positive he wasn’t ually frustrated and there was no way in hell he wanted to mate with the blonde.

The blonde infuriated him more than anything. With the way he would gather everyone for meals, thanks to Him Chan’s constant nagging, and insist on dragging Dae Hyun to join them in the circle. Making small comments about this and that using whatever intelligence he had, though he didn’t make sense most of the time. The way he would interfere when he was getting Jun Hong back for making crude suggestions and glaring at him as if he was the most disgusting person he’s ever met, though he did believe that he probably was. The way he would hug the maknaes as if they’d vanish to thin air if he didn’t, one Dae Hyun wouldn’t mind if he did. The way he’d randomly be at his side when sitting down and occasionally just falling asleep using him as a pillow and he couldn’t shove him off because he’d be the bad guy.

You’re acting like a child,” Him Chan had laughed at him when he first tried to get the blonde off of him. Yong Guk sneered and the maknaes of course enjoyed the show of their hyung getting scolded. He especially hated it when the guy would disappear at random moments, just bolting off without a care, sure Him Chan or Yong Guk would follow him but they never said anything to him. Was he that amused and curious to just take off to find to whatever it was that caught his attention? Whatever was going on in this kid’s mind and whatever secret they were hiding he was going to find out.

 

Is something wrong Young Jae?” Him Chan asked after noticing the blonde had been shifting uncomfortably for a while. The blonde sighed in frustration his eyes slightly watered, “I feel funny.”

What do you mean? How do you feel funny?” Him Chan asked concerned scooting closer. Was it the baby?

Young Jae looked down his cheeks a light shade of pink, “it feels hot and tingly. It hurts… down there.”

Him Chan almost didn’t hear the last part when Young Jae’s voice dropped. Him Chan bit his bottom lip to keep from laughing out. Young Jae huffed in a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment. His voice came out full of worry, “is something wrong with me?”

Him Chan shook his head vigorously, hands now clamped over his mouth occasionally snorting. He had to take several large breaths to calm down his laughter to small snorts and giggles, “nothing’s wrong Young Jae, your body is just in need of ual contact.”

Huh?” he tilted his head slightly. Him Chan couldn’t help himself he gently pinched the blonde’s fluffy cheeks, “Young Jae-ah, you’re .”

Young Jae’s face almost glowed with a red hue, so embarrassed he wanted to cry, but that would draw more attention. He stammered not wanting it to be true, “w-w-what?”

Don’t worry, it’s perfectly natural,” Him Chan sneered, “you’re hormones are just acting up, it comes with the pregnancy. It happened with me when I was pregnant.”

H-how d-do I st-stop it?” Young Jae whined in embarrassment, his entire body turning red.

Yong Guk walked over noticing Young Jae’s distressed expression. Seeing Him Chan humored by Young Jae’s suffering was a bit disturbing. He was more than a bit apprehensive, “what’s wrong?”

He’s ,” Him Chan was beyond humored. Yong Guk let out a sigh of relief, laughing lightly. On the verge of tears Young Jae whispered loudly, “it’s not funny.”

Aww my poor baby,” Him Chan pulled the blond into a tight hug he clearly didn’t want. Yong Guk resisted the urge to throw himself on the ground in a fit of laughter. Taking mercy Him Chan decided to answer Young Jae’s question, “you have three options.”

Yong Guk was practically holding his breath trying to hear what Him Chan had to say. Him Chan grinned noticing how intense Young Jae was listening; Young Jae looked like a child about to receive a cookie if he followed his instructions.

Option one,” Him Chan smirked, “touch yourself.”

What, no,” Young Jae’s eyes grew wide.

Option two: take a cold bath.”

The blonde contemplated.

Or option three,” Him Chan paused to keep from laughing. Yong Guk and Young Jae grew anxious, leaning a bit closer. “You can ask Dae Hyun to you.”

What?! No!” Young Jae shrieked and the two eldest laughed. Him Chan continued between laughs, “I’m-I’m… su-sure… if you… ask… real-really really… nicely he would.”

They laughed harder. Young Jae buried his face in his hand, crying in embarrassment.

Dae Hyun woke up annoyed from their laughter. Looking around he noticed the three seating a bit away, two laughing and the other crying. Looking a bit closer to him, the maknaes were still asleep, unfazed by the loud noises. He sighed heavily sitting up, “what could you three possibly be talking about this late?”

They paused for a second slightly shocked to hear Dae Hyun was now awake. The couple looked to each other before they bust out in laughter once again, harder than before. Dae Hyun rolled his eyes; apparently he was part of the joke if they laughed that hard. He may not be that smartest but he wasn’t a complete moron. He looked up seeing Young Jae fleeing from camp. The elders too distracted to notice. Forcing himself to his feet with a sigh he followed Young Jae away from camp, it was too dangerous to go off alone, especially at night.

Young Jae shook his head to himself deep in thought. Why would he even suggest such a horrible thing? Why Dae Hyun? Didn’t he have someone? But then again, nobody here seemed to be a couple besides Yong Guk and Him Chan. Was it because he was older than him? Or because they’ve also noticed his constant stares? But it’s creepy, who stares at someone that much?

Dae Hyun irritated and scared him at the same time. He stared way too much and with such intensity. He never had anything nice to say despite that bubbly personality that would occasionally pop out of nowhere. He would avoid everyone even during meals, which was supposed to be time for bonding. He was mean to Jun Hong and Jong Up, he seemed to be slightly irritated by him though he won’t say anything, and he’d just hide behind that bright smile of his. Dae Hyun didn’t seem to take much interest in anything that went on, unless it was food but once he got that he’d retreat. And Him Chan said he needed to work on being social. Here was Dae Hyun being the most anti-social out of all of them and no one said anything to him. He even had the nerve to poke his cheek when he tried to explain something and tell him to shut up.

Young Jae stopped near the river but fear bubbled in him when he heard another pair of footsteps behind him. He turned quickly to see who what behind him. He felt a wave of nausea hit him, his body temperature rising, and his heart pounding like mad, which he was assuming was from embarrassment.

Yah, why are you following me?” Young Jae tried to hide his blush.

Dae Hyun rolled his eyes, “you shouldn’t be out here alone. What are you even doing wondering away from camp? You could get hurt.”

Nothing.” He lied though glad that his ‘problem’ was fading way.

Dae Hyun flicked the slightly younger blonde’s forehead, “doesn’t seem like nothing. What are you trying to hide?”

Dae Hyun stepped closer while Young Jae tried to get farther away. Dae Hyun shook his head in frustration. What was so damn important that he had to lie?

Young Jae hadn’t realized how close he was to the river until he slipped. Thanks to the elder’s reflexes he was still dry. Young Jae was pulled in close to the other’s chest but what scared him was the hand on his stomach. His breathing quickened. His mind screamed, “No!”

Dae Hyun’s eyes widened in realization which caused Young Jae avert his eyes in fear. He slowly rubbed the soft stomach under his fingers. There was no way… could he…but he can’t be… he was, wasn’t he?

How far along are you?”

Young Jae answered in a shaky voice tears slowly running down his face, “a little over two months.”

That explains a lot,” Dae Hyun sighed. Out of pure instinct he began the soft belly, “Let’s get you back to camp.”

Young Jae nodded slowly still not looking at Dae Hyun as he pulled out his arm, slightly missing their warmth and security. The older boy gently pulled him back to face him, lifting his chin to peer into his eyes, “Is this what you been hiding?”

Young Jae nodded not able to form words. Dae Hyun sighed, “Did they know you were pregnant before we escaped?”

The blonde shook his head. Well, Dae Hyun was glad with that, because it meant they didn’t purposely put a young mother and his child in danger. Dae Hyun nodded to himself chewing his bottom lip, “I’m sorry.”

Young Jae looked up at him in confusion and shock. Dae Hyun continued forcing himself to keep his eyes on Young Jae, “for what I said, back at the Facility’s boarder.”

Oh that,” Young Jae whispered, “It’s alright.”

Dae Hyun smiled confusing Young Jae even more than what he was. What was with Dae Hyun? Was he acting the way he was because he felt guilty? Or was it because he found out about his pregnancy? Was that why he was staring at him, to find out what he was hiding? If so than he’s more than happy. It was a much better explanation than what Jun Hong had given him. Jong Up was right Dae Hyun was just too curious and a bit slow to find out.

 

Well that was quick,” Him Chan giggled from Yong Guk’s lap, the elder’s arms wrapped around his waist, holding him in place.

Young Jae's face redden, pouting he stomped over to retrieve his blanket and moved next to maknaes to sleep. Looking between the three in confusion, Dae Hyun shook the comment off; he obviously had missed to much of the conversation to understand what he meant.

Yong Guk whispered into his mate’s ear, “When you were pregnant you had an just from making out.”

Him Chan blushed elbowing the purple haired man, glaring daggers.

Do you want me to take over watch since I’m up?” Dae Hyun asked. He had too much on his mind to sleep.

If you really want to,” Yong Guk smirked as a hand slipped into Him Chan’s shirt.

Oh, hell no,” Dae Hyun huffed, “you two better go far away from camp if you’re going to do that.”

Yong Guk laughed as he pulled both of them up, carrying Him Chan bridal style, “let’s go near the river, since Dae Hyun doesn’t want us to wake the kids up.”

I’m not explaining what you two are doing,” Dae Hyun tossed a rock in their direction not really aiming to hit. “Especially the parts of ‘why he’s in pain’ or you’re guys ‘ending’.”

With a gummy smile and laugh the two left in the direction that Dae Hyun and Young Jae had come from earlier. He was amazed that they didn’t have a litter of children following them around like little ducklings. He rolled his eyes, they never let anything bring them down, which was somethin he’d admire about them.

His eyes fell on the sleeping blonde curled into a ball in hopes of protecting his stomach. He couldn’t help but wonder about the slightly younger boy. Why was he pregnant? He wasn’t mated, they would’ve sensed that. Was he inseminated? Was he being forced to mate as well? Was he a Replacement Mate or was he going to have a Chosen Mate? Or were those the same thing and the different name were just used to further confuse them?

Was he..? No, he couldn’t be. There were approximately ten other’s a month whom lost their mate. What were the chances of him being pregnant with Dae Hyun’s child? Seemed pretty slim to him, but there was still a chance. He’d have to discuss the possibly with Him Chan, maybe he could narrow it down.

Well, now he knew he had something in common with the blonde, both were going to be forced to mate a complete stranger. Although the blonde’s situation was dangerous, he was pregnant and alone. Others would try to force themselves on to him or try to hurt him. There was nobody to protect him. And when the time came to get the baby out of him, he had nobody to draw strength from.

Crap,” Dae Hyun whispered. How where they going to cut the baby out? What will they use for an incubator? How will they provide warmth and nourishment for the infant? Did Yong Guk have a plan? Was that why they want to hurry through the wilderness? So they could find a place to help Young Jae bring his baby into the world? But what would they do after? They couldn’t leave him at some random town to raise the child alone, but would they still want to travel farther? Would Young Jae be willing to continue on?

Dae Hyun rubbed his temples; he was growing a slight headache. This was becoming more than they bargained for. Things weren’t going as planned, but Young Jae hadn’t planned on being kidnapped nor did he plan his own pregnancy. Everything happened so fast, but everything would be worth it in the end or so he hoped they would.

A snap of branches pulled Dae Hyun from his thought. He listened carefully. The sound came several more times; rustling of leaves, shuffling of lost footsteps. Someone else was out here and they were wonder close to their encampment. Feeling his hackles rise he gently nudged Young Jae awake. The blonde looked up at him in confusion but kept silent carefully listening when he noticed the finger at his lips. His eyes grew wide in understanding he nodded and began to wake the maknaes so he could take them someplace to hide.

With Young Jae awake, Dae Hyun slipped quietly away from camp, looking for the source of the sounds. Noticing that Yong Guk had now joined him, which meant Him Chan was now with the others. Without words they continued deeper.

Seeing a dark figure wondering near a tree, they stealthily hide behind a small rock formation, watching.

What do you think?” Dae Hyun’s eyes never leaving the figure.

We can’t let him wonder into camp.” Yong Guk’s eyes piercing through the darkness as the man drew closer and closer, though he didn’t seem to have any sense of direction.

Take him?” Dae Hyun risked a glance at Yong Guk. The elder nodded.