003

You Got Me

 

 

 

Minhyuk’s lips curled as his older cousin walked in the conference room, Shownu glanced at his way briefly and the male rolled his eyes.

“Hyunwoo, good to see you again.”

Shownu smiled and greeted Minhyuk’s father warmly.

“Yes, it’s been a while, uncle.” Shownu replied before taking his seat beside the younger male, Minhyuk turned his chair to him.

“We’re talking about that move to sponsoring this year’s Golden Charity Ball, and of course, the Sunhwa deal.” He jutted his lips towards the white screen, Shownu nodded back and picked up the folder on the table.

“I read on it last night, why Sunhwa? Did they offer low?”

“No, but haraboji was adamant about purchasing them.” Minhyuk leaned back on his seat, Shownu grew confused. What would they need with a company who manages wineries and tangerine farms?

“Halmae loves their wine.”

“Right.” Shownu let out a small chuckle, a few minutes later the meeting began. Shownu leaned forward, his lips pursing as more data were being reported to them, his forehead creased for a short moment, realizing that he really was stuck with this now.

He turned when he felt Minhyuk shift in his seat.

“What is it?”

“Chaeyeon stuff.” He shrugged back at him, Shownu paused, his brows going up.

“You’re going to ask what’s going on between us, huh? We get that a lot.” Minhyuk cut to the chase, Shownu grew amused.

“She’s the only you girl you spend time with.”

“I am the only guy she spends time with. But it isn’t like that, hyung.”

The lights were switched back on and the two cousins looked around, Shownu nodded and patted his shoulder.

“It’s good you have friends, or friend.”

“Ha ha ha very funny. I hope your first day at work .”

 

 

 

“I did get the email, it didn’t make any sense.” Chaeyeon said as she slid down from her Porsche 911 Turbo, she her phone on her ear as she faced the fuel dispenser.

“Yes, I know what you’re talking about, president. I will give Handa Textiles a call today.”

“Good, I’ll get back to you later.” She tossed her phone back in the car and proceeded to fill up the car with gas, she looked around her briefly, realizing that the station was almost empty.

Chaeyeon got inside the car and tried to start the engine, but it wouldn’t. The girl paused and proceeded do it again, and still nothing.

“Great.” She grumbled as she got down from the car, she popped the hood open and tilted her head.

What was I thinking? Why did I even bother to open this?

All I see is car parts of different shapes and sizes.

Chaeyeon was about to get her phone again when a male suddenly stood next to her, he was looking at the engine with interest.

“I see something went wrong.” He commented with a smile on his face, he looked at Chaeyeon and she could feel the male’s eyes roam around her body as he continued.

“I’m sure you can’t fix this yourself, angel. But, I can help you.”

“Really?” Chaeyeon wanted to sigh, she crossed her arms and leaned against her car, the male nodded back with a wink.

“I can see what went wrong here, and it’s a quick fix. Well, only if you’ll give me your number.” He said as he leaned closer to her.

“Why?”

The male paused, stunned with her reply.

“Why?” He repeated.

“What will you gain from getting my number?”

“I could ask you out on a date, a woman like you, should be taken care of.” He said as he put his hand over hers, Chaeyeon flinched and pulled her hand back.

“What if I say no? What did you gain?”

The male paused again, Chaeyeon was about to speak when a shadow appeared to her left.

“Hi, headache.” It was Wonho, and it looked like he was laughing, the male’s eyes went to him and his brows went up.

“Is something wrong?” Wonho asked as he peered over the Porsche’s hood, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

“It won’t start.” She replied, Wonho nodded back and faced the male again.

“Are you still waiting for her number?” He asked, the male swallowed as he looked at the well-built male, Wonho was clad in nothing but a white wife beater and a pair of distressed jeans.

“N—No, I—I was just leaving.”

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes as the man jogged away from them, Wonho chuckled and faced her.

“Well, aren’t you adorable?” He said as he leaned over the engine and reached on to something, Chaeyeon blinked at him.

“I just wanted to know what he’d gain from getting my number,”

“I know, I heard everything.”

“You can call me Chaeyeon.” She heard a loud pop, and Wonho pulled his hand out.

“This is just a temporary fix, you might want to bring it to the shop to get it checked. Something might be wrong with the chasis.” He said as he rubbed his palms on his jeans.

“The shop’s nearby, Minhyuk can tell you the address.” Wonho shut the hood close and looked at her.

“Are you going to judge me for my Barbie style car?” She sighed, the latter chuckled.

“A convertible, I would have never thought, Chaeyeon-ah.”

“It’s a gift, still, thank you for helping me out.”

“Anytime, drive safely.” Wonho gave her a salute before heading back to his motorbike, Chaeyeon watched as the male drove away.

“I am so not driving this again.”

 

 

 

Shownu walked in the company cafeteria with his secretary.

“Do you plan to have your lunch here, sir?” The male asked, unsure. Shownu nodded back at him, he was about to pick up a tray when he heard Minhyuk’s voice.

“It broke down? What happened?”

“I don’t know. I hate that car. It’s such a girl.”

“Don’t talk like that. You are a girl.”

Shownu turned his head and found two familiar figures walking across him.

“Director Lee,” He heard his secretary greet the young executive, the two halted and turned to their direction.

“Oh, young miss.” The male said as he recognized the girl, Chaeyeon smiled back at him.

“I see you’ve been reassigned, secretary Song.” She replied, Minhyuk hopped to his cousin.

“Hyung, are you going to eat here? What’s on the menu today?”

“Dried pollack soup. And, that meat thing.” Chaeyeon jutted her lips towards the dishes, she faced them.

“Oh, hello, Son Hyunwoo.” She said to him, Shownu smiled at the girl.

“You could actually be nicer and call him oppa, but no, you don’t do that. I’m even just “Ya” to you.” Minhyuk murmured as he got his tray, secretary Song laughed to himself before moving away.

“Are we going to eat here instead? Can we~”

Minhyuk waved her off and went ahead, Shownu picked up a tray and handed it to her.

“It’s bulgogi. It’s beef.” He replied, the girl pursed her lips and took the tray from him.

“I was about to say that.” She murmured, Shownu gestured for her to go first. The girl moved along, she looked at the dishes curiously before getting some kimchi and some egg rolls.

“That’s it?” Minhyuk returned to her side.

“This seems dry, is it beef?”

“It is, just try it. If you don’t like it, just give it to me.” Minhyuk replied as he scooped some meat for her, Shownu looked at the two.

“You don’t like beef? How did you two become friends?” He jokingly said, Chaeyeon shrugged at him.

“It’s a curse.” She stated, Minhyuk rolled his eyes at her.

“I’ll go get us something to drink.” She announced, the girl was about to move away when Shownu reached out and carefully took her tray.

“I’ll go find us a table.” He said to her.

“Fruit juice? Or soda?”

“Apple juice.”

“Yeon, can you get me a~”

“I know, mango juice for you.” Chaeyeon said to Minhyuk before walking away from them.

“She eats here too?” Shownu asked as they sat down, he put Chaeyeon’s tray beside Minhyuk’s.

“She doesn’t like eating with her family, and she prefers doing things alone. That’s Chaeyeon for you.”

“Can I ask why?” Shownu asked as he picked up his chopsticks.

“Chaeyeon doesn’t like people hovering her, she likes doing things on her own. And it kinda works for her too.”

“Now I see why you two are friends. You’re a loudmouth, you are not her comfort zone.” Shownu mused as he checked the soup, Chaeyeon came walking back with their drinks.

“I met that oppa today.” She said as she sat down, Minhyuk handed the girl some utensils.

“Which oppa? What oppa?” He demanded, Shownu looked on as the girl poked on her rice and the beef.

Shownu reached out to open their canned drinks as he listened to the two.

“That big upper body oppa. Wonho.” She stated, Shownu let out a laugh.

“You call him oppa? Why? Why? What happened? Did he pay you? How much did he pay you?” Minhyuk spoke with grains of rice flying from his mouth, Shownu grimaced and kicked his foot under the table.

“Please.” He said to Minhyuk, the latter glared at the girl.

Chaeyeon ignored him and started eating, she eyes the slices of beef warily before transferring to them to Minhyuk’s tray.

“I don’t even eat this, why would you~” She was eyeing the pickled carrots, Minhyuk covered his tray.

“Have your Wonho oppa eat that for you.”

Shownu shook his head and then he scooped out the terrible orange colored vegetables away from her rice.

“Thanks.” Chaeyeon beamed at him and started eating again.

“Hyung, you have just become her hero.” Minhyuk said dryly as he checked his tray, Shownu ignored his cousin’s comment.

 

 

 

Wonho was underneath the Mustang when he heard a loud purr near them, Shownu went down from the office and paused.

“Are we expecting someone?” The older male called, Wonho turned his heed and saw a pair of stiletto clad feet appear from the car.

“Yes!” He shot back as he rolled himself from underneath the car, he stood up suddenly, surprising the girl.

“I…need help with this. This ugly.” Chaeyeon stated as she jutted her lips towards the Porsche, Shownu paused, seeing the girl.

“I was expecting her and the car she hates so much,” Wonho said happily, the latter slowly nodded, not getting it.

“It broke down yesterday as she was filling up for gas, can I have the keys?” Wonho asked as he walked around the car, Chaeyeon tossed it to him and watched as the male popped the hood open. Shownu approached the vehicle and the two peered over its innards.

“How bad?” Chaeyeon grimaced.

“You might need to leave this with us for a while, do you have another ride to work?” Shownu replied, the girl was about to open when a silver Mercedes rolled in.

“I do.” Chaeyeon said, she realized that the two guys were wearing matching olive green overalls, both didn’t bother to button up the top.

“You know, this whole setup could be like one of those pictorials for charities.” She blurted out, forgetting her filter.

“Huh?” Wonho started grin.

“I—I mean, print it out as calendars with…you guys and…you know what? I’ll just get going, oppa can you give me a call once it’s done?”

“Sure.” Wonho’s grin grew wider as the girl addressed him “oppa.”.

Shownu smiled to himself, surely Minhyuk would come for Wonho now.

“Unnie?”

Chaeyeon sighed and turned her head, Joori was cautiously looking around as she entered the shop.

“Over here.” She called back, Joori’s gaze went to them and Chaeyeon saw how her cousin’s eyes went to the two males before her. Joori’s eyes widened briefly, seeing the two and she looked at her cousin.

“You said MInhyuk oppa knows the owner.”

“Yeah, sort of.”

“He’s not here?” Joori was giving the oddest of smiles as she faced the girl, Chaeyeon blinked at her.

“Fortunately, yes?”

“Unnie.” She said through gritted teeth, Shownu opened the car and picked up the purse on the frontseat.

“What?” Chaeyeon mouthed back, Joori was about to speak when the male approached them, he had the girl’s Chanel purse in hand.

“I’m pretty sure you might need this.”

“I will, thanks.”

“Im Joori, nice to meet you.” Joori stuck her hand out in lightning speed, Chaeyeon tilted her head, finally getting it.

“Oh.” She blurted out, Joori sent her a look.

“Shownu.” He replied as he shook her hand, Joori’s eyes went to the other male who was now taking out some parts from her Porsche.

“That’s Wonho oppa, don’t bother him, let’s go.” Chaeyeon murmured as she gestured for the girl to move along.

“I’ll call you by noon.” Shownu stated, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

“I left my business card in the car. Thanks for taking that thing in.”

Shownu laughed and nodded, Joori could only stare at him.

“It’s not in a really bad shape, you know.”

“He’s in a good shape. The other one too.” Joori whispered to the girl, Chaeyeon slapped her away, the male blinked at the two.

“I’ll get going. See you later, Wonho oppa!” She called out as she gave Shownu a small wave and dragged her cousin out of the shop. Son Hyunwoo watched as the two girls got inside the Mercedes Benz sedan.

“I guess all the women in Minhyuk’s life are pretty. Even the cousin is pretty. But, Chaeyeon is adorable.” Wonho chuckled, Shownu shook his head.

“Come on, you gotta admit, she’s gorgeous.”

“Too pretty for Minhyuk.” Shownu mused as he picked up the business card at the car’s frontseat, he climbed back up to his office and proceeded to save Chaeyeon’s number in his phone.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++