037

You Got Me

 

Sophia exhaled and slid down from her car, she got the box of donuts from the trunk and made her way towards the three-story building across the street. She was about to reach the glass doors when someone held onto it for her.

“Soph,” Shownu was smiling at her, the girl tilted her head at him.

“I see you have gained special access to the studio.” She mused at him as they got inside the lobby.

“Fashion Week has her all worked up, did you already get yelled at?” She jokingly asked as they reached the elevators.

“No. Not yet?” Shownu blinked at her, the girl chuckled.

“Wonho oppa came by Minhyuk’s office the other day, where were you?” Soph asked as the doors closed before them, Shownu paused, he turned his gaze away for a short moment.

“I had a meeting, coffee?” Shownu offered one of the cups to her, Sophia took it and the doors pinged open again.

“So, things between you and Minhyuk….are okay now?”

Soph glanced at him, her eyes narrowed, Shownu winced and looked away.

“You don’t have to answer that.” He added as they walked down the hall, the girl shook her head.

“Things are better. Did Chaeyeon tell you to ask me that?”

“No. I’m just curious.”

“But, Son Hyunwoo, I think,” Sophia asked as they got inside the studio, Shownu was surprised at the amount of traffic inside. People were rushing by, carrying clothes and shoes in their arms. Some of the employees were even barking instructions through their mouthpieces.

“Your curiosity should be elsewhere.” Sophia stated, her lips thinned briefly, Shownu was about to reply when Chaeyeon’s secretary greeted them.

“Director Son, young miss, the president is right at the back. We have a shoot today, so she’s quite…”

“Toxic?” Sophia finished for her, the girl smiled before excusing herself.

“Elsewhere?” Shownu repeated, but Sophia was already looking around the studio, her eyes were on the rows and rows of clothing across them. The girl also didn’t fail to notice how most of Chaeyeon’s staff were looking at their boss’s impressive boyfriend. Well, mostly her female staff, even the male employees were staring too.

“President,”

Chaeyeon looked up from the computer monitor she was staring at, Sophia’s eyes went to her friend and then she paused. She saw how Chaeyeon’s face lit up when she saw them, or him.

“Son Hyunwoo,” Chaeyeon was smiling, she pulled away from the photographer and walked towards them.

“I tried calling you back, secretary Yang was the one who answered, have you eaten?” Shownu asked as the girl reached them.

“Not yet. Did you bring coffee?” She was smiling as she peered over the bags he was carrying, Shownu nodded before kissing the side of her head.

“Hello, I’m here too.” Sophia Wu said in a dry tone, Chaeyeon grinned at her and she took the donuts.

“I see Son Hyunwoo knows about your strange coffee habits.” Soph noticed how the coffee jelly was separated from the drink. Chaeyeon was about to reply, but the girl shushed her.

“She’s grabbing lunch with me. Not you. It’s an all-girls thing.” Sophia pointed before disappearing through the crowd, Shownu blinked at the girl.

“Don’t mind her, she gets into one of her moods sometimes. Oh, this looks nice,” Chaeyeon murmured as they walk towards a lesser crowded area of the studio.

“I remember picking this suit.” She murmured as she straightened his tie, Shownu nodded at her, his eyes scanned the room briefly.

“Should I come pick you up for Minhyuk’s party?” He offered as he brushed her hair away from her face, Chaeyeon shook her head at him.

“I might be coming from work a little late that day, but you can send a car for me.”

“Just a car? Not me?” Shownu mused, Chaeyeon pursed her lips.

“You’re not allowed to be late, you’re his cousin. And, I hate driving at night. But, I can ask Wonho oppa if he can~”

“No, no, I’ll send a car for you.” Shownu cupped her cheek briefly, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at him.

“I just came by to give you coffee. And have Sophia Wu tell me off for trying to get lunch with you.” He said, Chaeyeon walked him to the doors.

“Thanks for the coffee. ”

“Enjoy your day.” Shownu gave her hand a squeeze before leaving the room, Chaeyeon exhaled and leaned against the doors briefly.

“I have to fix this.” She murmured to herself before going back to work.

 

 

 

“This is nice.” Chaeyeon commented as they were led to their table, Sophia nodded back and sat down.

“I thought you were taking over this week, you said you were needed at the office.” Chaeyeon said as she settled down, Soph sighed at her.

“Pa still thinks that my decision to station myself here was rash, but looking at it now, it seems to be doing me well.” The Wu heiress replied, Chaeyeon’s lips curled up but she picked up her wine.

“Is it?”

“I know what you’re going to say,” Sophia sighed at her, Chaeyeon winked at her and she got the menu.

“I always had a feeling about that, Soph.”

“What do you mean?”

“You and Minhyuk. It’s…always been kind of obvious to me. I mean, you, you’ve always been obvious.” Chaeyeon smiled as she scanned the items on the menu.

“Well, that’s settled…then. How are things with the fraud you’re still putting up?”

Chaeyeon eyed her warily and she waved for the hostess.

“I..honestly don’t..I’m worried.”

Sophia glanced at the girl, she quickly ordered for the two of them before facing her again.

“Why? Is Joori still trying to do all those background checks on Son Hyunwoo?”

“No, they’ve kind of backed away ever since the whole..helicopter thing.”

“Who wouldn’t?” Sophia chuckled, Chaeyeon shook her head at the girl.

“You know..sometimes, I think lines get..blurred. and, I find myself..troubled. I need to fix this, Sophia.”

“What are you talking about? What needs fixing?”

“Like you said, we’re a fraud. I have to fix this. It cant go on like this, I can’t tie him down to me. That’s not fair.”

Sophia paused, her forehead creased.

“Y—You want to end things with him? The impressive boyfriend?”

“He’s not my boyfriend. I just want to stop lying, and, I hate how he has to lie to his family too.”

“Shownu has become complicated for you, huh?” Sophia asked softly, she noticed how Chaeyeon pursed her lips.

“I can’t rely on him, Sophia. I don’t want to, but sometimes it feels like I do. I do rely on him, and I have to correct that.”

“What if he wants to? What if he wants you to need him? Is that so wrong, Yeon?”

“It is. I can’t do this whole…..thing.”

“Chaeyeon-ah, with Hyunwoo…I think, I think you shouldn’t decide things without telling him first.” Sophia murmured, Chaeyeon exhaled and shook her head.

“I’m sure that’s what he thinks too.”

“Darling, I don’t think so.” Sophia’s reply made the girl pause, she smiled and leaned back on her seat.

“Do you even see how he looks at you, Oh Chaeyeon? Do you even notice the things he does around you?”

“What are~”

“Think about it, okay? I know you’ve always had this mindset that you don’t want someone. You don’t want a boyfriend, because you see that as a weakness. You don’t want someone to meddle in your affairs, you don’t like it when someone tries to fix your problems for you. But, has he ever done that?”

“W—Well, no, but~”

“You said it yourself, you like that he doesn’t hover. But he’s always been around, willing to help you out if you need him. Just like how you’ve always been there for him too. So, don’t be rash about this.”

“And, suddenly you’re taking his side?” Chaeyeon murmured, not wanting to discuss Son Hyunwoo further.

“Well, he’s a big guy he can definitely body slam other people. Of course, I’ll take his side.” Sophia beamed at her, Chaeyeon balked at her words.

“What?”

“Nothing, I hope you reconsider. You two match really well.”

 

 

 

“You bought this place a couple of years back, right?” Wonho said as he walked in the foyer, Minhyuk was already making his way towards the living room.

“Yes, back then, I assumed they’d let me move out.” Shownu murmured, he was an only child and his mother refused that he move out of the family home.

“Are you planning to furnish the place, hyung?” Minhyuk asked as he picked up the remote, the older male nodded and he plopped down on the couch.

“I already ordered lunch for us, why did the two ladies ditch us today?” Wonho asked as he joined them, Shownu was busy typing on his phone. He could sense how something was bothering his friend, and he had a feeling what it was. He never had the opportunity to discuss what they heard, Wonho looked at Minhyuk.

“Right, Wonho hyung,”

“Yeah?”

“Soph mentioned that Wu Empire would be flying over a team for that global project with Samsung.”

“Right, I think director Moon is the one handling that. It starts next month. Shownu is the one supervising that, that is if he gets the time.” Wonho smiled, Minhyuk turned to his cousin.

“Hyung,”

“I have to take this.” Shownu said, his tone a little brusque, he stood up and stepped away from them.

“He…seems off today. Is it because Chaeyeon isn’t around?” Minhyuk grinned as he browsed through channels, Wonho shrugged at him.

“Chaeyeon’s been busy lately, huh? It’s that fashion week thing.” Wonho said trying to distract the male, Minhyuk nodded before speaking.

“It’s kind of her…toxic week, but she’ll pull through. She always does, sometimes I get yelled at though.”

“But, what’s with Son Hyunwoo? He seems to be in a bad mood, he walked out on a meeting earlier because some of our projects got delayed. He didn’t say anything, but everyone was panicking.” Minhyuk trailed off, they heard the front door open.

“Is the director in?” Shownu’s secretary appeared by the entryway, Wonho waved him over.

“He stepped out to take a call.”

They heard Shownu walking back to them, he looked at his secretary.

“These are the documents you asked for, sir.” The male presented a white envelope to him, Shownu nodded and took it from him.

“What’s this? You are busy.” Wonho said teasingly, but the latter didn’t react. Minhyuk pursed his lips and watched as his cousin opened the envelope.

“Is this all?” Shownu looked at the male, the latter nodded back.

“I managed to gather all their updated data, you are looking at the company’s current standing and all their assets.”

Wonho noticed how the corners of Shownu’s lips pull up slightly.

“Good, make an offer.” Shownu stated as he dropped the documents on the desk, the two males grew confused at his words.

“What offer?” Minhyuk echoed, Wonho quickly picked up the papers his friend had just discarded.

“Yes, I’ll make calls them.” Shownu’s secretary nodded, he stepped out from the room with his phone already pressed against his ear.

“What’s going on, hyung?” Minhyuk asked, Wonho’s eyes widened as he went through the documents.

“I want to buy something. I’m bored.” Shownu shrugged at his cousin before going up to the house’s second floor. Wonho watched as the older male disappeared to the stairs.

“He’s being weird, I’ll go check on our food.” Minhyuk shrugged, he stood up and made his way towards the kitchen. Wonho looked at the papers again, he exhaled and slowly put it back inside the envelope.

Son Hyunwoo was planning to buy Park Holdings and it doesn’t look like he’d stop until he gets what he wants.

“He’s angry.”


 

 

Shownu smiled as he joined the group of males seated by the club’s doors.

“Hey, we haven’t seen you in a while. So, you’re really back?” Jihoon asked him, he nodded back before taking a seat.

“Duty calls. I see you’ve finally cleaned up your act.” Shownu replied good-naturedly, he looked around the venue and grew impressed. Sophia knew how to throw parties, she had managed to set up the whole club and made it look like a brand new place.

“But, hyung, what’s this rumor going about,” His friend, Namjoon began, Shownu turned to him and picked up his drink.

“What’s this?”

“I heard that too, of course when one of the Samsung sons is being linked to a woman, talk will begin.” Jihoon said teasingly, Shownu shook his head.

“Exactly, people were talking about that’s why you’ve finally decided to settle down in Seoul now, they all say that you’re seeing someone. Who is she? Is she pretty?” Namjoon continued as he leaned back on his seat.

“I’ve always planned to come back, I have to.” Shownu replied, he saw Sophia passed by and she gave him a small wave.

“But, Lee Minhyuk, really,” Jihoon was looking at the bar, Minhyuk was seated on one of the stools, chatting with a friend when Soph reached them. He broke into a smile and opened one arm to the girl.

“That lucky punk, he has Sophia Wu on one arm, and Oh Chaeyeon on the other. It’s unfair.” Namjoon chuckled as he eyed the group, Shownu followed his gaze, not knowing what to say.

“You’re just bitter that Chaeyeon never texts you back. Hyung, this dude has been trying to catch her attention for years now.” Jihoon mused, Namjoon waved him off.

“Like Minhyuk would let anyone get close to his best friend, remember Jinyoung? Those two were always at odds with each other.” Namjoon finished his drink.

Shownu pursed his lips and leaned back on his seat, he checked his phone again, Chaeyeon had texted him earlier that she was already on her way.

“Come on, Chaeyeon was too good for him. She’s a literal goddess, and she’s~ Here.” Namjoon halted, Shownu followed his gaze and he paused. Chaeyeon had a small smile on her face as she walked through the doors, she was wearing a very form fitting off shoulder dress in a very nice shade of dark purple.

“There she is.” Jihoon nodded, Chaeyeon was scanning the room and then she stopped, she broke into a smile. Namjoon and Jihoon paused on their seats.

“Hey guys,” She greeted them as she walked towards them, Namjoon stood up to offer his seat, but Chaeyeon made herself comfortable on the arm of Shownu’s chair. The two males stopped and looked at each other. Shownu looked up before placing his hand on the small of her back.

Hehe, I win.

“It’s been a while, good thing the invitation reached you in time, Soph was rushing everything.” Chaeyeon said to them.

“Y—Yes, but it’s good to see you again, Chaeyeon-ah.” Namjoon said to her, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

“You didn’t arrive with the birthday boy.” Jihoon said to her as he offered the girl a drink, Chaeyeon politely declined.

“I had a thing at work. It’s good to see you two.” She said, she felt Shownu tap her on the back.

“Did you ask the driver to leave? I’ll drive you home.” He said, he could feel the two males’ eyes on him as the girl glanced down to meet his gaze. Chaeyeon scrunched her nose and she nodded back, but then her brows went up.

“Hi.” Chaeyeon chuckled and then she leaned down to kiss the side of his head, Namjoon and Jihoon halted. The girl slid down from the chair’s arm before speaking.

“I’ll go see the birthday boy, you guys have fun.” Chaeyeon said before leaving them, Shownu’s gaze followed the girl.

“Happy birthday to my sunshine!” Chaeyeon was laughing as she gave Minhyuk a hug.

“You’re late!”

“H—Hyung, so…you and Chaeyeon?” Namjoon finally blurted out, Shownu turned to his friend.

“Yes, it kind of happened that way.”

“Minhyuk let you date his Chaeyeon? Whoa.”

“Well, she’s not technically anyone’s, but~”

“Son Hyunwoo,” He heard the girl’s voice, Shownu excused himself and joined her.

“Are you done talking?” She asked as Shownu reached her, he nodded back, the girl sighed before leaning her forehead against his chest, he grew amused.

“What is it?”

“I hate my job.” She murmured, he smiled before wrapping one arm around her.

“You love your job, you’re just stressed out.” He said softly, he saw Sophia staring at them, the girl’s grin grew wider.

“But, for the Fashion Week party,” Chaeyeon looked up, Shownu nodded for her to continue.

“Can I~”

“Yes, you can pick out clothes for me. Come now, Minhyuk will not like it that we’re not sitting with him.”

Chaeyeon beamed at him, he gently patted her waist before letting go.

“I’ll go get us something to drink, go sit with Wonho.” He said to her, Chaeyeon nodded back before hopping back to their table.

Shownu walked towards the bar and asked for a round of drinks, his eyes went to Chaeyeon, the girl was laughing as she chatted with Wonho and Minhyuk.

“It’s in the eyes, Son Hyunwoo, they never lie.” Sophia spoke as she joined him, he faced the girl, a little wide-eyed.

“You’re being too obvious and my friend is being blind. I’m on your side, so, please win.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++