011

You Got Me

 

 

Minhyuk watched as two hotel security staff blocked the male’s way, he crossed his arms and glanced back at the party again.

“We’re sorry, sir. But its an invite only event. And, the president is too preoccupied to step out.”

The males lips quirked up to an arrogant smirk, and then he met gazes with Minhyuk. The latter’s forehead creased and he moved away. Minhyuk made his way through the doors and went back inside the party.

He looked around the room and paused, he looked at Chaeyeon as she faced her aunt and the two reporters.

“. .” He scrambled towards them, almost tripping on one of the chairs in the process.

“Is he here, Chaeyeon-ssi?”

“Are you going to come up with something else again, niece? Just tell us if he’s here, don’t keep these nice reporters waiting.” Her aunt said in a teasing tone, but Minhyuk could hear the venom behind it. He was only a few steps away when something moved past him.

And then it all happened so fast, one moment he was hoping that Chaeyeon would come up with something good, then the next, Son Hyunwoo had joined them. He was smiling as he put his palm on Chaeyeon’s back.

Chaeyeon froze on the spot, and his cousin kissed the side of her head.

“He’s here.” Shownu announced with a smile, Minhyuk balked, unable to move.

“I’m about to lose my head.” He blurted out as he backed away, he saw some of Chaeyeon’s staff in the crowd, as wide-eyed as their boss.

Minhyuk walked back to their table, he glanced back at the group again. Shownu was already speaking with Chaeyeon’s aunt while the girl remained unmoving.

“I really am going to lose my head.”

 

 

 

“He’s here.”

Chaeyeon felt her jaw lock in place briefly, but she felt Shownu give her little nudge on her back, she quickly plastered on a small smile on her face.

“Right. I forgot. Oops.” She said in a dry tone, her aunt was already used to her humor by now. She felt the reporters’ gaze on them.

“I was actually giving her space so she could have time to say hi to everyone. Also, I arrived a little late.” Shownu said conversationally, Joori’s forehead creased. No wonder their interaction from earlier felt weird, she felt like an outsider when the two were talking.

“I hope I’m not in trouble for that.” Shownu added, gently pulling the girl to his side for a few seconds, Chaeyeon blinked and nodded back.

“Well, is he?” Reporter Moon said in a teasing manner, Chaeyeon looked at her aunt before speaking.

“No, like I said, he…can get quite busy.”

"Traffic was especially bad today, but I really want to be here." 

Chaeyeon's eyes went to him briefly, but Shownu nudged her again but he met her gaze and raised his brows at her.

"Screw the traffic, huh?" She said, he let out a small chuckle and gave her waist a small squeeze, Joori didn't miss the small action and she looked away.

“So, can I borrow her for a bit?” Shownu chimed in, Chaeyeon’s aunt nodded with a smile.

“I didn’t get your name, young man.”

“Son Hyunwoo.” Shownu said as he politely offered his hand, the lady took it and nodded. Chaeyeon could only watch as the scene unfolded before her.

“Well, it’s nice to finally meet you.”

Shownu simply nodded back before taking Chaeyeon by the elbow and pulling the girl with him.

“I thought you were on my side.” Chaeyeon said through gritted teeth as they moved along.

“I didn’t want to die in Wonho’s hands. Outside?” He asked, Chaeyeon let out a sigh and walked ahead of him.

 

 

 

“She never mentioned this to you?”

Joori grimaced as her mother pressed her with more questions, they were already back at their table. Chaeyeon and her boyfriend had disappeared and that only made her mother more antsy.

“No.”

“And, you haven’t met that guy? Do you know which family he came from? Where does he work?”

“Eomma, please, I really don’t know.” Joori murmured, and then her brows rose.

Her thoughts went back to the day her cousin texted her, asking for her to come by to pick her up. The Porsche had to be left at the shop, and Chaeyeon didn’t have someone to drive her.

“The Mustang,” Joori murmured to herself, she put her glass down and stood up.

“I—I have to use the restroom.” She murmured as she left the table, Joori tilted her head. Her cousin was dating the mechanic?

She made her way towards the restrooms and she stopped walking when her eyes went to a familiar male lingering a few meters away from the doors.

Her eyes widened in realization.

“O—Oppa,” She blurted out, the latter looked up and broke into a smile.

“Joori, long time no see.” He said, the girl walked to him, confused to find him standing outside.

“Why..Why are you out here?”

“Your cousin didn’t care to invite me. A classic Chaeyeon move.” He let out a small laugh, Joori glanced back at the doors again.

“Does she know you’re here?”

“I don’t know, I bet you Minhyuk would never mention that he saw me here. He likes getting between us two, you know.”

Joori’s brows went up, her thoughts went back to her cousin’s godlike boyfriend.

“I can speak with the security and~”

“It’s fine, Joori-ah. I’ll just reach out to Chaeyeon later. Have a nice day.”

“You too, Jinyoung oppa.”

 

 

 

Minhyuk was about to help himself with another éclair when he was suddenly yanked by the back of his coat. He choked and stood up, Chaeyeon was glaring at him.

“What~”

“You!” She hissed under her breath as she dragged him towards the doors, Shownu followed them along.

“Okay, before your blame me, I didn’t do it. He did!” Minhyuk said as soon as they reached the empty hall, he was pointing one finger at his cousin like the five year old that he was.

“Well, if you didn’t feed the idea he wouldn’t wholeheartedly feed himself to the wolves!”

“Did they bite you?” Minhyuk looked at Shownu, the latter shook his head.

“Hey!” Chaeyeon slapped his arm, he grimaced.

“Why am I the one being yelled at? You should be hurting him, not me!”

“You think I’d win if I fight him? I’d rather fight you.” Chaeyeon shot back, Shownu scrunched his nose, debating whether it was time to step in.

“But come to think of it, babe. This is better than having some stranger be your impressive~”

“Do not say that word.”

“I mean, it’s Shownu hyung. You’re in good hands.”

“Y—You have no idea what…what you just got yourself into.” Chaeyeon murmured, Shownu looked up, realizing that the girl was talking to him.

“Chaeyeon-ah,”

“I…I appreciate the thought, really. Whatever it is that went through your head. However,” Chaeyeon faced him, she ran her fingers through her hair.

“My aunts, even my cousins, will try to get to know you. They will really look at you and that can get annoying.”

“Then, they can look all they want. It’s alright.” Shownu’s reply was simple and it irked her.

“Wrong answer.” Minhyuk puffed his cheeks, Chaeyeon shushed him and then she sighed. Shownu’s forehead creased, sensing how much this was stressing her out.

“It’s not, trust me. It’s not.” She murmured, she held onto the sleeve of his coat and squeezed it slightly.

“I feel like I need to go home early, can you wrap this up for me?” Chaeyeon faced Minhyuk, the male frowned at her.

“Hey, Yeon, it’s going to be fine. They will probably leave you alone after this.”

“Really? It doesn’t feel like that.”

Minhyuk scrunched his nose at her, but he gave her a small nod and went back inside the party.

Chaeyeon saw her secretary approaching them, she waved her over.

“Have the car prepared. We leave in a bit.”

Shownu his lips, now he was slightly in a state of panic. Did he really mess things up?

“Chaeyeon-ah,” He reached for her wrist as she was about to turn away, the girl looked at him. He let out a mental sigh as the girl didn’t shake him away.

He quickly shook off his coat and draped it around her shoulders, Chaeyeon’s brows rose.

“I guess it’s a boyfriend thing.” She said, her lips curling up slightly.

“So, you’re not going to kill me?” Shownu said, relieved to see her smile.

“I’ll think about it. Thanks for coming today.” She said before giving him a small wave, and then the girl was off with her secretary jogging after her.

Shownu turned back for the party, only to find Wonho standing by the doorway.

“You. You are my headache.” He said to him, Wonho laughed and patted his shoulder.

“See, I told you to stop staring.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++