040

You Got Me

 

 

 

“Yes, let’s do that next week. We still have to check on the PR team for that too.” Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks as she got in the elevator, secretary Yang grinned at her.

“After this, president, things will be back to normal again.”

“No, I quit.” The young executive darkly sighed, her secretary nodded back, his boss had been a lot of pressure the past few weeks, and she knew that was draining her boss.

The doors pinged open again and they crossed the lobby.

“I already took liberty of moving your two meetings on Tuesday, you don’t have to rush back here this afternoon, ma’am.” She informed her, Chaeyeon nodded and ran her fingers through her hair. Secretary Yang looked ahead, her eyes landed on a familiar face, she smiled. It was his boss’s god-like boyfriend, he was dressed casually, an oversized designer hoodie, well-fitting jeans and sneakers. The much talked about male was leaning against a black Lamborghini while checking his phone, unaware of the stares from the staff he was earning.

“But, president,”

“What is it?” Chaeyeon asked as she turned to her, she stopped, following her secretary’s gaze. The girl paused briefly, her brows going up.

When did it start? Since when did seeing him bring comfort to her?

Just seeing him stand there, knowing that he was waiting for her, it made her feel better. He made her feel home. Her forehead creased, she slowly shook her head.

What am I doing?

He’s not mine.

“I know things are…unclear between you two, ma’am, but, I’m on director Son’s side. You two match so well.”

“You’re on his side, not mine?” Chaeyeon mumbled, the girl smiled at her. Chaeyeon went ahead, she stepped out of the building, Shownu looked up. The girl paused, her eyes met his.

I must be out of my mind.

Son Hyunwoo is my headache.

“I was expecting to pick you up from your house, are you busy?” Shownu asked as she walked up to him, Chaeyeon sighed at him and shook her head.

“If you are, we can reschedu~”

“No, no, it’s okay. I needed the breather anyway, so, what’s our itinerary?” She asked as she puffed her cheeks, Shownu was still leaning against his car, their eyes were almost at the same level.

“I need furniture for the house. And, can we eat first?” He asked, Chaeyeon smiled lazily and then she leaned over to wrap her arms around his neck, Shownu paused, surprised.

“You are tired. Let’s reschedule.” Shownu murmured as the girl leaned her weight on him, she grumbled in reply. He smiled before wrapping his arms around her waist.

“I hate fashion week.”

“No, you don’t. You’re just stressed out.” He said to her, Chaeyeon shook her head, she buried her face against the crook of his neck and closed her eyes.

“Son Hyunwoo, always so warm.” She murmured, Shownu smiled and soothingly rubbed small circles on her back.

“Can I choose where to eat?”

“You can.”

“I want soup. Then we can go buy furniture.” Her voice came out muffled.

“Okay, let’s do that.”

“I want ice cream too.” She pursed her lips as she pulled away from him, Shownu chuckled before kissing the side of her head.

“I know a place, let’s go.” He said as he opened the door for her.

“Which reminds me, I haven’t been to the shop in weeks, I miss the scent of grease.” She blurted out as she got inside the Lamborghini.

“Most girls won’t say that, but that’s good to hear, Yeon.”

Chaeyeon chuckled in reply and Shownu gently shut the door and exhaled. He paused when the window went down, Chaeyeon was looking at him.

“This car…I wasn’t expecting you had one of…these…cliché automobiles, not that I’m judging.” She blurted out, Shownu nodded at her.

“I lost a bet to Wonho, I had to buy it.”

“What did you bet on?” She asked, Shownu gestured for her to roll up the windows, Chaeyeon stuck her tongue at him. He walked around the vehicle with a small smile to himself.

He thought I stared too much, in the end, he’s right.

 

 

 

Jinyoung leaned back on his chair, he pinched the bridge of his nose. Things have been tense in the office, rumors of a hostile acquisition were floating around and he didn’t know how to explain it. He wasn’t even sure of what was really going on.

A big percentage of their directors were trying to tell, and he had been meeting up with everyone since last week, Jinyoung was trying to find out who this buyer was. But no one would spill.

He exhaled and loosened his tie.

It seemed strange that someone wanted to take over their company, nothing was wrong, things were running smoothly. So, he didn’t understand why someone would start buying off their stakeholders. And he may not admit it, it frightened him.

The doors opened and the male looked up, his secretary walked in the room.

“Sir, you asked me to check on some travel records,”

“Yes,” He nodded, the male put a set of documents before him. Jinyoung picked up the papers and he paused.

“Oh Chaeyeon and Lee Minhyuk have no records of flying to Bali for the past two years. The last time director Lee was around the area was four years ago. For president Oh, she’s only been to the place there times, she was still a student back then.”

Jinyoung halted, his eyes narrowed as he scoured through the records, and then his lips curled up.

“I was told they met in Bali.” He let out a laugh and tossed the papers down, the male didn’t even bother to check Shownu’s papers, he was simply amused.

“They….must be lying, sir.”

“Obviously, I had a feeling that guy is nothing but trouble.” Jinyoung shook his head, he started fixing his tie.

“Oh Chaeyeon, I’m impressed, she’d do anything just to remove me from her life. But, she’s always been mine.”

“And, I had people work on finding out who’s been trying to buy us, sir. We could not trace any emails, however, this number,” He produced a piece of paper from his coat pocket, Jinyoung leaned over the desk and picked it up.

“I think whoever is trying to contact our stakeholders is using this number, sir. I have not tried reaching out to this number.”

Jinyoung pressed his tongue against the roof of his mouth, he took the paper and stood up.

“I’ll take care of this, have the car prepared. And,” Jinyoung was making his way towards the doors.

“I’d like to find out Chaeyeon’s schedule. I want to know what she has going on now.”

 

 

 

“Hyung took the day off?” Minhyuk spoke as he waltzed in his cousin’s office, the older male’s secretary nodded in reply.

“Can I get you anything, director?”

“No. But I hear he’s been doing Samsung work again. I’m worried, I don’t want to be alone here again.” He said, the other male let out a small laugh.

“It’s just minor stuff, I don’t think director Son has plans to transfer. Director Lee and the other executives can take care of the business there.”

“For the meantime, I know. You don’t have to stay here, I just need to make a few calls and I’m out.” Minhyuk said, the male nodded, he politely bowed before leaving the room.

He took out his phone and searched for Sophia’s number.

“Hi, where are you?” He spoke as the girl answered, he had one hand in his pocket as he walked towards the window. He smiled to himself, realizing that his office had a better view than Son Hyunwoo’s.

“I just got out of a meeting, the Wus are really adaman about the deal with Lotte Holdings.”

“Aren’t you one of them?” Minhyuk mused, he turned to the desk and noticed a folder tucked under his cousin’s laptop, he paused, confused.

“I try not to be when they’re being pushy and are rushing me to do things here. Can you come by and pick me up in about an hour?”

“Alright, I was thinking we should grab lunch with Yeon and Shownu hyung, but I guess they had other plans.”

“Call Wonho oppa then. See you later, drive safely.”

Minhyuk put his phone away, he tugged on the folder and the documents inside spilled to the table. He grimaced and started to arrange them, but then he noticed a familiar logo printed on one of the papers.

“Park Holdings? What the hell.” He blurted out and then he began browsing through the papers, his eyes widened in realization.

“Holy .” He whistled, and then his brows went up. His cousin was trying to acquire Park Jinyoung’s company as quickly and as silently as possible.

But, why?

Son Hyunwoo was not the possessive or jealous type. Why was he doing this? What is he up to? Minhyuk turned away from the table, he pulled out one of the papers and realized that Shownu now owns a sizeable percentage of Park Holdings. He accomplished that in a matter for weeks, without anyone noticing.

Minhyuk crossed his arms, trying to make sense of things. And then, he froze.

“He..knows. That’s the only way to explain this, Son Hyunwoo knows.” He murmured as he walked towards the doors.

“Park Jinyoung is so going to lose his head.” He said to himself as he walked towards the elevators, and then he halted again.

“How..How did he find out? Am I going to lose my head too?”

 

 

 

“So, this has become your hiding spot.” Chaeyeon mused as she walked in the front door, Shownu was right behind her.

“They’re delivering the things tomorrow. The guys are coming over to help me set up things.” He stated, Chaeyeon nodded back as she wandered into the living room, she smiled at the couch before plopping down.

“You should get some rest. I have some papers I need to check on upstairs. Do you want anything to drink?” Shownu asked as he joined her, he handed the remote control to the girl after switching on the television.

“You can go do your work, I can nap here and stay out of your way.” She announced as she shook off her heels, Shownu smiled.

“You know where the kitchen is, I have snacks in the fridge. I’ll join you in a bit.”

Chaeyeon nodded at him and leaned back on the couch, Shownu made his way upstairs and walked into his home office. Chaeyeon browsed through the channels and yawned, her phone buzzed and she answered.

“Minhyuk-ah,”

“Where are you? Soph and I had lunch with your Wonho oppa.”

“I was with Shownu, he needed some help with his home stuff.”

“R—Right, Chaeyeon, babe, are…things okay?”

Chaeyeon yawned again, she nodded even though Minhyuk couldn’t see it.

“Yes, your cousin mentioned that there’s this Samsung press event this weekend and I think I have to go.”

“Well, it’s part of the act. Or not.”

“What?” She sighed, she couldn’t keep her eyes open.

“Remember what we spoke about?”

“We talk way too much, what do you mean?”

“Don’t break his heart. It might not seem like it, but I do care about my cousin.”

“Let’s talk later, I don’t have the energy to argue with you.”

“So, you want to argue about it? So, you won’t break his~”

Chaeyeon tossed her phone away from her and closed her eyes. She curled her knees towards her chest, the girl didn’t even bother to minimize the TV volume and just went to sleep.

Shownu stepped out of the study, he was still on the phone.

“Yes, you can move that to next week. I still have to meet with PL Group’s side by then, you can set an appointment with them. Minhyuk mentioned that he wanted to go over the PoongSan contract too,” Shownu paused by the staircase, his lips quirked up, seeing Chaeyeon peacefully asleep.

“I’ll call you again later. Take care of the JC Construction deal then,”

He put his phone away and went down the steps, he noticed how the girl had finished a cup of tea. Shownu glanced around before sitting down next to her, Chaeyeon slightly stirred.

“I told you we could reschedule. You’re tired.” He frowned at her, the girl blinked at him, as if realizing that he was next to her.

“If I didn’t accompany you today, you’d end up buying things you don’t even know how to use.” She pointed, still groggy, Shownu smiled and gently pulled the girl to him.

“How are things going along? Your new line?” He asked, the girl rolled her eyes before leaning against him, Shownu looked at the screen.

“Things with the new line are…okay. But, the party isn’t looking so good. And I hope you can attend.”

“I’ll be there.”

“Of course, you’d say yes. Do I still need to send in an invite?” She asked, Shownu smiled as he played with the tips of her hair.

“Do I need one?”

“Probably not. Ask your parents come too.” She said to him before leaning her head against his arm.

“But, Son Hyunwoo, aren’t you worried?”

“About what?”

“We’re doing this…out in the open and, people are somehow involved in this…lie we’re pulling off.”

Shownu paused, his forehead creasing.

“What do you mean?”

“It’s nothing really, I’m just worried,” She sat up, the girl faced him.

“I’m just worried that this might somehow damage your name or your reputation, I mean, you are lying to everyone because of me. Because Minhyuk was drunk and suggested this, he fed the idea. And, somehow you thought that you needed to help me. I’m thankful for that, but sometimes…I worry about you. What if…What if I’m closing other options for you?”

“Options?” Shownu repeated, Chaeyeon pursed her lips, she was fiddling with the strap of her watch, the male grew distracted and he put his hand over hers.

“What if that right person for you is there but I’m here, being this huge ginormous block?”

“You think you’re huge and ginormous?” Shownu grinned at her, Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes at him.

“You’re not blocking anything. Or anyone.” He stated, he noticed how Chaeyeon’s forehead creased again.

“You always have answers to things.” She murmured, and then the girl paused as Shownu leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“You.” He winked at her before sliding down from the couch and disappearing into the kitchen.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++