036

You Got Me

Just a suggestion, while reading this chap, you can listen to this song! :>   Middle of the Night

 

 

 

“Chaeyeon, you left me without saying anything, What…What do you want me to do?”

Chaeyeon exhaled and crossed her arms.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing? I came back for you. Minhyuk….You shouldn’t be listening to him.” Jinyoung said to her, the girl shook her head.

“After what you did to me, you think…you think I’d still go to you? You think I’d still hear you out?”

Jinyoung paused, he shook his head at her.

“I admit it, I..made a mistake, Chaeyeon-ah. But, I was drunk that time.” Jinyoung said, he tried to reach for her hand but the girl stepped back.

“Leave.” She stated.

“Chaeyeon-ah, hear~”

“You shouldn’t even be here. I’m with someone now.”

And then the expression on his face changed, Jinyoung smirked at her.

“Ah, that man? Do your parents even know whom you’re hanging out with now?”

Chaeyeon paused, she glanced at the gates, a movement had caught her eye.

“Leave, Park Jinyoung.”

“He doesn’t deserve you, hell, he can’t even afford being with you, Oh Chaeyeon. Open your eyes, you…you will always be mine. Everyone knows that.”

Chaeyeon shook her head at him, she didn’t even want to argue with him anymore.

“Why would I choose you? I’m not blind.”

Jinyoung halted, the girl noticed how his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“I…will never go back to you, Park Jinyoung. I won’t even look at you again, so, please leave me alone and stop expecting things from me.”

“Why? Do you think that you and that new guy of yours will last long? Your family won’t accept him.” Jinyoung shot back, Chaeyeon exhaled and met his gaze evenly.

“I doubt that.”

Her short reply irritated the male, Chaeyeon shook her head at him.

“You should leave, there’s nothing for you here.” The girl turned her back to him, but Jinyoung spoke again.

“You will come back to me, Oh Chaeyeon.”

Chaeyeon glanced at him and she opened .

“I…have a Son Hyunwoo.” She stated before going back inside the house.

 

 

 

Shownu nodded back as ShinHan employees greeted him while making his way across the lobby. He wasn’t feeling so well since he slept so late just to fix the car. Well, he had to fix that car to keep himself distracted. He couldn’t explain it, but seeing Jinyoung with Chaeyeon bothered him a lot. And he knows that he shouldn’t, he doesn’t have a right to be bothered about it.

Chaeyeon and him weren’t like that.

But, sometimes it didn’t feel like that.

The elevator doors opened and he felt someone nudge him from the back, he turned and his brows went up.

“So, you were here.” Wonho stated as they stepped inside the machine together, Shownu grew curious.

“What?”

“Headache called me earlier, she was looking for you. She sounded…worried.”

“Ah, she was at the shop.” Shownu said quickly, Wonho nodded back.

“Did you eat lunch together?” He asked, the doors opened and the two males stepped out.

“N—No, I’m needed here. She seems quite in a rush too.” Shownu replied, Wonho shrugged at him.

“Well, since I’m here, I’ll go say hi to Minhyuk.” He announced as they passed by the younger male’s office, Wonho was about to reach for the door when he realized that it was slightly open.

Shownu glanced at him.

“He’s probably just inside, go on.”

Wonho pressed his ear closer to the door and his lips curled.

“Migraine’s inside too.” He mouthed at his friend, Shownu shook his head and was about to move along when he heard it.

“He usually does that. I never told Chaeyeon this, wasn’t he a bit over the top? It’s not like Chaeyeon’s gonna disappear if he leaves town for a few days.”

The two males paused and looked at each other.

“That day, I was supposed to have dinner with Yeon. She didn’t know Jinyoung would arrive, so she said yes. I told her that I’d come by to pick her up.”

“I ran a little late, I had things to finish here, work was piling up back then. I was calling her on the way, she wasn’t picking up. I got worried, she was alone at home again.”

Shownu’s forehead creased, a part of him wanted to turn away and not eavesdrop but, he wanted to know. This was about Chaeyeon.

His Chaeyeon.

“I..I got there and showed myself in. The lights were out, which I found weird. But, I kept hearing these noises,”

“What…I saw that night,” Minhyuk sounded hesitant, Wonho’s brows grew knitted together,

“He..He had her pinned against the wall, Sophia. He…He was forcing her.”

Shownu halted, his eyes widened as he stared at the double doors, even Wonho was stunned, he turned to his friend.

“What?” Sophia inhaled sharply.

“He…He was forcing himself on her. No, he was guilt tripping her into it.”

“Minhyuk, w—why..why..”

“I pushed him off her, he…wasn’t able to touch her. But, he still affects her, Chaeyeon…doesn’t like it when you pull her by her wrists. I wanted to tell press charges, but she begged me not to.”

“ing bastard.”

“That’s why I’d be willing to pay good money just to see him get run over by a truck.”

Wonho pressed his hand against his mouth, he started to shake his head. He turned back, wanting to speak to Shownu, but the older male was already gone.

 

 

 

“It still doesn’t make sense, she’s probably planned everything.”

Joori glanced at her mother, she caught her father rolling his eyes before continuing with his meal.

“She purposely did not tell us who that Son Hyunwoo is, so that we’d make fools of ourselves. When all I’ve been trying to do is protect her.” The elder shook her head as she picked up her utensils.

“Chaeyeon’s not like that, that girl has always been easy to talk to. You’re the one giving her a hard time.”

Joori glanced at her father again, his wife chose to ignore his comment.

“But, Yugyeom couldn’t come join us?”

“Yes, he has a thing at work. He’s been busy these days.” Joori murmured, she purse her lips as her mind went to her last conversation with the male. It has been difficult to get a hold of her boyfriend lately.

“I should call her parents, their kids have been running out of control ever since they left. Even the older brother didn’t show up at the beach party.”

Joori looked away and she sighed.

“But, eomma,”

Her parents’ eyes went to her, Joori swallowed before continuing.

“Don’t you think that they’re too good to be true? Unnie and that Samsung boy.”

“Really?”

“Come to think of it, he’s cousins with Minhyuk oppa. Don’t you think it’s…too convenient, eomma? Oppa has a history of covering up things for Chaeyeon unnie.”

“You’re…right, I should definitely call my sister later. She needs to know what’s going on with her precious daughter.”

Joori nodded back and leaned on her seat. Chaeyeon has always had it too easy, the older girl even had the guts to make stories about Yugyeom. Joori’s lips quirked up, maybe its time for the great Oh Chaeyeon to finally get into trouble.

 

 

 

“How could I say that?” Chaeyeon mumbled to herself as she handed her card to the lady behind the counter.

“I have a Son Hyunwoo? What’s this? Are we playing Pokemon? I choose you?” She sighed to herself, the lady before her glanced up curiously.

“Is everything alright, ma’am?” Chaeyeon blinked and looked up, she smiled at the lady.

“It’s nothing.” She replied, after a few minutes the young executive was already making her way out of the mall.

“Look at all the impulse purchases I made because I got stressed.” She sighed as she studied the shopping bags she had with her, even her arms started to feel a little sore. She reached the revolving doors and stepped out of the building.

And then she let out another sigh.

The one time she opted to park outdoors and not at the basement, and it was raining. She made a face at the dark gloomy sky, she looked around her, everyone was rushing in order to avoid the water.

“Screw this.” She said, she was about to step down when she felt a hand on her back. The girl looked up and her brows rose.

“Where are you going?”

“S—Son Hyunwoo.” She blurted out, Shownu’s smile appeared as he held onto the umbrella over their heads.

“You’re going to walk under the rain.”

“Well…I have to get going.” She murmured, Shownu pulled her back under the shade.

“And if you’re going to get the flu? Remember what Minhyuk said?”

“What did he say again?” She sighed, Shownu chuckled, he leaned down to kiss the side of her head and took the bags from her.

“I can carry those.”

“I know.” He mused at her, Chaeyeon glanced at the parking lot again.

“I thought you were busy. How did you find me here?” She asked him, Shownu was silent, Chaeyeon turned to him and realized that he was staring at her.

“Son Hyunwoo?” She spoke, Shownu blinked at her, but he smiled again.

“You’re a bit easy to find, Wonho’s headache. It’s a Monday, you always run your errands, right? Although,” He studied the bags, Chaeyeon grew sheepish and she looked away.

“These don’t look like groceries. Did you get the shoes you’ve always wanted?” He asked as he gestured for the girl walk ahead of him, Chaeyeon shook her head and insisted they shared the umbrella.

“I did. But I still feel empty inside.” She muttered as she hooked arms with him.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. But, there’s this thing,” She continued as she leaned her head against his arm, Shownu looked around in search for her car.

“I kind of…did something crazy.”

“How crazy?” Shownu grinned, Chaeyeon chewed on her lower lip and he laced her fingers with his. He squeezed her hand, signaling for her to continue.

“I needed to get rid of..something, so I used your name.”

“Okay,” Shownu grew amused, they reached the Land Rover, Chaeyeon held onto the umbrella for both of them.

“I used your name like a Pokemon.”

“A what?” He let out a chuckle and he leaned against the car’s open trunk.

“I said that I have a Son Hyunwoo.”

“So, did that thing go away?” Shownu was smiling, Chaeyeon sighed at him.

“Aren’t you even going to ask why I did it? How are you so chill with everything?”

“Did it go away?” He asked, Chaeyeon pursed her lips.

“It did.”

“Good, because, you’re right.” Shownu chuckled and pulled the girl to him.

“What?” She asked, Shownu's forehead creased but he gently wrapped his arms around her waist.

“You’re right. You got me.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++