018

You Got Me

 

 

Shownu was rubbing his temples as he went through the papers again, he scrunched his nose in displeasure and pushed his laptop away from him.

He was hungry and he couldn’t focus. He stood up and was about to text his cousin but he realized that Minhyuk has probably left for Jeju already. He made his way out of his office and took out his phone.

Where are you?

Chaeyeon’s reply came after a few seconds.

I’m at the office, did director Hong bother you again? -Chaeyeon

He sent her a smiling emoji before putting his phone back in his coat pocket, he arrived at the lobby and got in his waiting car.

He reached Chaeyeon’s office, he slid down from the Audi and ran into the girl’s secretary.

“Director Son,” She greeted him politely. Shownu nodded back at her before glancing around the lobby.

“Is Chaeyeon in her office?”

“Yes, you can go ahead.” Secretary Yang urged for him to go straight to the elevator, she noticed how other employees kept on glancing at the male. There was talk about their young president seeing someone, and everyone was curious who this guy was. And seeing Chaeyeon’s secretary talk with a new face only meant one thing to them, this was the guy everyone was talking about.

Shownu slowly pushed the doors opened and found Chaeyeon hunched over a sketch pad while drumming the tip of her pencil on the table. He checked the time on his watch and his brows rose.

“Are you not hungry?” He spoke, Chaeyeon looked up, surprised that someone was in the room with her.

“Hi.” She greeted him, Shownu walked over to her desk and took a peak at what she was concentrating on.

“What’s that?” He asked before leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

“New line. Eh. My brain is especially dry today. What brings you here?” The girl turned her chair to face him, Shownu leaned against the shelves behind her.

“I got hungry.”

“So, my office is the cafeteria?” Chaeyeon grinned as she grabbed her phone, already knowing what was to come next.

“You should be eating by now, it’s already a little late for lunch.”

“So, this you when you’re hungry, a little gruff, and borderline crabby. Cute.” Chaeyeon stood up, she was teasing him, Shownu scrunched his nose at her.

“Let’s eat out.” He said as he took her coat and held it for her, Chaeyeon let the male help her put it on. Shownu patted her hair down and waited for her to gather her things.

“Minhyuk left this morning, I feel a little empty, that’s surprising.” She murmured as stepped out of the office, Shownu had one hand on her back as they moved.

“Let’s go on separate cars, I still have things to do after lunch.” She said as they reached the elevators.

“What things?”

“I have shops I need to check on, and I feel like I need to do some shopping. And,”

Shownu was chuckling as they got inside the elevator.

“So, I’m not allowed to join you on your errands?”

“Shopping. I’m going shopping.” She blinked at him, the doors pinged open and Shownu gestured for her to step out first.

“I’ll come with you. I know you just want to leave your office empty for the afternoon.” He mused at her, the girl turned to him with narrowed eyes.

“You’re still avoiding Joori.” Shownu said teasingly, Chaeyeon sighed and hooked arms with him as they crossed the lobby.

“I try not to run into her.” She muttered under her breath, Shownu opened the car’s door for her and nodded.

“Well, let’s do that.”

 

 

 

“Young miss, welcome back.”

The girl dressed in dark skinny jeans, a gray hoodie and an oversized Alexander Wang denim jacket pulled her sunglasses down lower as the two males greeted her.

“It has been a while, manager Shin.” She greeted them with familiarity sa two more men gathered her bags, she was led towards a waiting Rolls Royce.

“Would you like to go home first or get something to eat? We asked the kitchen to prepare something, but if there’s something else you’d like to have,”

Sophia shook her head from the back seat, she took out her iPad and showed him an address.

“You want to go to an auto shop, young miss?” The male seemed confused, but Sophia nodded back.

“I just want to see the place.”

She leaned back on the backseat and closed her eyes, she was finally in Seoul. Somehow, she felt excited and a little worried over being in town. But she really had to check on Chaeyeon and with what Minhyuk might have started.

A few minutes later, the car slowed to a halt, she looked out from her window and looked at the building before her.

“This is it?”

“Yes, young miss.”

Sophia edged towards the window and watched as well-built male stepped out from the doors, he was talking on his phone while locking up the doors. And then he hopped on the parked Mercedes Benz G-Class Wagon.

“Is that him? It doesn’t like him.” She murmured as her eyes went to the photo again, she pursed her lips. The car sped away from them and the girl put the device down.

“Where to now, young miss?”

“Let’s go home. I’ll call my friends later.”

“The young miss and young master didn’t know you were flying in today?”

Sophia Wu let out a small smile and nodded.

“I want to see what’s really going on first before letting those two invade my space. It can get quite crazy, you know.”

 

 

 

“Wonho oppa says he has a meeting, but he’ll join us later.” Chaeyeon said as their food was being served, Shownu nodded back in reply.

“Right, I was about to ask,” Shownu said while picking up his utensils, Chaeyeon forked around her pasta.

“Eomma wants to know what you like to eat,”

Chaeyeon grew silent, she stared at Shownu oddly.

“Huh?”

“Dinner tomorrow, Chaeyeon-ah. You said you~”

“Oh, right. Tomorrow. Yes, I’ll be there.” She quickly nodded as she started eating.

“I don’t really have preferences. Anyway, I always end up eating what I put on my plate, or have you,” She paused when Shownu put some slices of his steak on her plate.

“Remove the things I don’t like to eat.” She mused at him, Shownu nodded back at her and started eating.

“You’re not going to like what I’m going to say next,” He said, Chaeyeon looked at him.

“What?”

“ShinHan has a new branch opening next week, it’s the one we renovated in Gangnam.”

“Oh, one of your bigger offices. Interesting.” She said as she started eating, Shownu shrugged at her, the girl grinned, he still wasn’t a fun of social events.

“Want me to be there, director Son?”

“Only if you want to, Minhyuk wont be home by then, so, I really have to go.” Shownu continued as he picked up his wine.

“I’ll be there. Will you come by and pick me up?”

“Yes.”

Chaeyeon chewed on her lower lip and the male continued eating, Shownu paused and his gaze went to her.

“Is something wrong? Is the food not good?”

“No, no, it’s just…at that party,” She continued, Shownu saw the girl put down her fork and his brows went up.

“Did I say something I shouldn’t have?” He asked, Chaeyeon shook her head at him.

“No, it’s not you. I saw something, and I don’t know what to think of it. You’re a guy, you’d know, right?”

Shownu paused, confused with her words.

“What did you see? Something PG-13?”

Chaeyeon smiled and shook her head, she transferred some of her pasta to his plate before continuing.

“You met that kid. Yugyeom, right?”

Shownu nodded back at her, Chaeyeon was staring at her glass.

“He was there, I noticed that he and Joori didn’t even talk the whole night. But he…he was talking to her friends.”

“Maybe they had a fight?” Shownu spoke, Chaeyeon pursed her lips.

“He was all touchy feely with one of her friends, he had his hand on her thigh, Hyunwoo-ya. What is that?”

Shownu stopped and swallowed, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks and looked at him.

“Is he cheating on her? Or is he just being friendly?”

“How did it look like to you?” Shownu said, unsure of what to say. The girl already hated Yugyeom and he didn’t want that to worsen.

“A bug. He looked like a bug.”

Shownu’s lips curled up, but Chaeyeong sighed and picked up her fork again.

“I think its improper, what he did. You shouldn’t touch women without asking them first. And, like you said, he’s with your cousin.”

Chaeyeon chewed on the insides of her cheeks, Shownu made sense. He always does.

“Ah, like that time you kissed me in front of my family?” Chaeyeon started to chuckle, Shownu scrunched his nose at her.

“That was wrong of me, but I didn’t like how they were cornering you, Wonho’s headache.”

“Yes, I just..hope I don’t see him for a while. I can’t stand him.” She quietly murmured, Shownu nodded at her.

“Let’s do that then.”

“You’re supposed to reason with me, and tell me to be nice.”

“Will that work?” Shownu replied, Chaeyeon was quick to shake her head at him.

“Typical Chaeyeon. Let’s just do what you want.” Shownu mused back at her and gestured for the girl to continue eating.

 

 

 

“Oppa, you must be busy.” Chaeyeon said as she hooked arms with the male, the three were roaming around the mall.

“A bit. I had two meetings earlier, I had to close the shop early.” Wonho said, Shownu was a few steps behind the two.

“Which job was it today? The corporate one or the badass side?” Chaeyeon asked him in hushed tones. Wonho let out a hearty laugh before answering.

“I was at my office, headache, it was all corporate stuff.” Wonho continued, from the back, Shownu noticed how the girl’s skirt had hiked up a little. He gently reached out to touch her elbow, Chaeyeon paused and turned her head to him.

“Your skirt.” He quietly said, Chaeyeon nodded back at him and fixed it. Wonho smiled to himself and moved along with Chaeyeon beside him. The two continued to chat, not noticing the male at the upper floor watching them.

“That’s her, young master.”

Jinyoung leaned against the balustrade and watched them with interest, his brows went up.

“She really is always around these guys. Why is Chaeyeon out with these laborers?” He spat with an amused grin, and then Chaeyeon was laughing at something the male had said. Jinyoung’s forehead creased, his eyes went to the taller male behind the two.

“So, which of the two is she with?” He said under his breath, his secretary took a step back as his boss crossed his arms.

“They’re not good enough of her. She’s my Chaeyeon.” Jinyoung stated before moving away from the balustrade.

“That happened? What about the chassis? Did you even check it?” Chaeyeon was shaking her head as they entered a designed boutique, Wonho shook her head.

“My mind totally went blank, Chaeyeon-ah, it was my first time seeing such a badly~”

“What’s this? Our Chaeyeon’s not at work, a miracle.”

Chaeyeon paused at the familiar voice, Wonho could feel the girl tense up beside him. His eyes went to the middle-aged woman walking towards them, his brows rose as he realized who it was.

Shownu looked up from the shelf of shoes he was checking out.

“Auntie, hello.” Chaeyeon’s tone was polite, the elder’s lips curled up as her eyes went to Wonho.

“Whoa, Chaeyeon, you’ve already moved on from that Hyunwoo of yours? Is this your new one now?” She said in sweet tones, but even Wonho could hear the venom in her voice.

Shownu inched closer to the two, Wonho eventually dropped his arm and the girl let go of him.

“Is this because your parents are out of town and there’s no one watching over you, that you’re letting loose and meeting all these men? Is this your rebellion, dear?” She continued, Wonho glanced at Shownu behind them, the aunt seemed to have noticed that, and she saw Shownu.

“You’re here too, Mr. Son.” She chirped, Shownu nodded back and ever so gently took Chaeyeon’s hand in his.

“I was just looking at some things, this is my friend and Chaeyeon’s friend too, Wonho.” Shownu informed the lady, he saw how Chaeyeon’s eyebrows were already knitted together.

“Ah, good to know that you’re not letting Chaeyeon just walk around with other men. But, really, our Chaeyeon has always loved being in the presence of guys, she doesn’t even think whether they’re good for her or not.” She taunted, Wonho tilted his head and crossed his arms.

“I could say the same about Joori, aunt.” Chaeyeon finally spoke, and they all grew silent, the elder was also stunned.

“You always pick on me, judge me on what I do, you always point out my mistakes. And now, you’re even picking on my boyfriend.” Chaeyeon let out a humorless chuckle as she met the woman’s gaze.

“Do you even know what kind of person Yugyeom is? You probably only approved of him because he came from a prominent family. That’s always been your basis, auntie. Don’t be shy.” Chaeyeon said, Shownu drew small circles on the back of her palm as the girl held onto his hand.

“Y—You! How dare you say that?” The woman grew pale at her words, Chaeyeon’s lips formed a smirk.

“I’d appreciate it if you back off, aunt. I never asked for your opinions, and I never will.” Chaeyeon winked at the lady before turning away from her, the girl moved forward and Shownu kept pace with her. Chaeyeon let go of his hand and she crossed her arms as they moved away, Shownu stole a glance at the girl before reaching out to put his palm on her lower back. He could still feel her aunt’s heavy gaze on them, he pulled the girl closer to his side and kissed the side of her head.

Wonho looked at his friends then at the elder, the lady grumbled under her breath.

“That brat,” She stopped when Wonho blocked her path, her cold questioning glare went to him, but it didn’t faze him.

“What are you doing? Get out of my way!”

“I’m afraid I can’t allow that, please stop disturbing the president.” Wonho said, he had kept his tone civil.

“And, who are you?” The woman demanded.

“I’m her head of security, it’s my job to make sure that my head~ the president is safe and happy.” Wonho said with a small smile before turning his back on the lady and walking after his friends.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++