043

You Got Me

 

 

Sehun smiled at his sister’s staff as he walked in the room, Chaeyeon was seated in front of a mirror while having her makeup done, the girl was on her phone, busily typing away.

“I don’t see oppa’s suit,” She spoke, Sehun sat down and took a quick glance at the girl.

“It’s in the other room, president. I checked on it earlier, it has been prepared.”

Chaeyeon didn’t reply back and Sehun leaned back on the chair. He stayed home last night and he knew that the young president Oh didn’t get much sleep. The girl kept on pacing around her room and he never got to ask why.

But he was certain something was bothering her.

“President,” A man appeared by the doors, Chaeyeon turned her head and nodded for him to come in. Sehun took out his phone.

“It’s regarding the third and fifth ensemble.”

Chaeyeon gestured for the makeup artist to move, the girl stood up and faced the male.

“What about it? I checked those outfits yesterday, they were in good condition.” She spoke, the male swallowed and nodded at her.

“Brace for impact.” Sehun murmured to himself.

“We did another check this morning, and some of the pieces were..damaged.”

“What?” Chaeyeon’s voice went up, her secretary looked away as her boss let out a shaky breath.

“It appears that someone had spilled coffee on it, we tried wiping it off, but the fabric~”

“So, the pieces can no longer be worn?” Chaeyeon said through gritted teeth.

“Yes, the models are confused. The design also would like to discuss regarding the ramp outside, something about the lighting and~” The male flinched when his boss ran her fingers through her hair.

Chaeyeon tossed her phone away and stormed out of the room.

“Why can’t just one thing go right today?” Sehun heard his sister hiss as she walk down the hall, the room grew quiet. The staff turned to Sehun and he slowly stood up.

“Don’t look at me, we all know that even I can’t fix that.”

 

 

 

Minhyuk glanced at his cousin furtively as the meeting continued, Shownu had his eyes on the presentation but it was clear that he wasn’t listening. The older male kept on glancing at his phone on the table while drumming his fingers on his lap.

Minhyuk read the text from Sehun again.

Your friend is not in a good mood. Brace for impact. -Sehun

Shownu shifted on his seat, and eyes briefly went to him, the other employees in the room could sense that their usual calm and amiable boss was not in the mood. In fact, he seems gruff.

He was quiet throughout the meeting, and soon it ended. Shownu was the first one to stand and he walked out of the hall. Minhyuk jogged after the older male.

“Hyung,”

He faced him.

“Are..things okay?” Minhyuk asked, he saw Shownu’s secretary rushing towards them.

“I guess.” Shownu shrugged back at him, Minhyuk was about to speak but the secretary reached them.

“Sir, I already took care of it like you asked,” He said as he handed his boss a bunch of documents, Minhyuk’s eyes went to it and he paused.

“What’s this? More of Park Holdings?” He got one of the papers, his brows went up.

“You’re stopping at twenty percent?” He asked with a grin, Shownu didn’t react, he was eyeing the papers quietly.

“Hyung, what happened? I got a text from Seh~”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Shownu said as he loosened his tie.

“Did she..find out? I’ve been trying to call her but~”

“You said..You said that she no longer cares about him.”

Minhyuk stilled, he looked at the documents again.

“She was angry because I did this. She’s worried about him. That Park Jinyoung.” Shownu said as he handed the documents to him, MInhyuk started to shake his head.

“Hyung, she~”

“I”ll..I’ll see you at the party later.”

 

 

 

Sophia’s eyes darted to her friend again, Chaeyeon was making rounds about the room, greeting her guests and business associates. The girl was dressed in a nice and very form-fitting cerulean backless gown with matching heels, she did stand out in the crowd but in a good way.

“They didn’t even say hi to each other when he got here.” Wonho commented as he joined the girl at the bar, Sophia frowned at him and they clinked glasses.

“How does she know all these celebrities?” Wonho asked as he looked around the room, Chaeyeon’s brother was right beside her as they spoke with a set of newcomers.

“I’m impressed, Oh Chaeyeon.” The male spoke before giving the girl a hug, Soph’s brows rose as she tried to spot Son Hyunwoo in the room.

“What do you think happened?” She voiced out, the girl paused when someone suddenly came up from behind her and leaned his chin on her shoulder.

“Chaeyeonie probably found out. The whole trying to buy out Park Holdings, and him being aware of what happened before.” Minhyuk spoke, Wonho stilled and he almost choked on his drink. Soph sighed, she finally saw Shownu, he was chatting with one of Chaeyeon’s associates, but his eyes would constantly dart over to the girl.

“To be honest, I get where he’s coming from. He’s worried that Jinyoung might..do that again, buying him out, or at least having a hold on him will keep him away. But,” Sophia chewed on her lower lip.

“Wouldn’t it be easier if he just admits that he’s worried Yeon may still have feelings for the guy?”

Wonho and Minhyuk turned to her.

“Which is, you know, total bull. Have you seen the way Chaeyeon looks at him? She’s protective of him, everyone could see! Especially that time with her aunt and Joori.” She shrugged while picking up her drink.

“Thank you for coming, oppa. It’s quite exciting to have Gucci’s face in the room, and Louis Vuitton’s as well.” Chaeyeon said jokingly the male laughed it off and patted her hand.

“We should hang out some time, maybe lunch?” Jongin offered, Sehun nodded at his pal.

“Brave of you to assume you actually have free time.” Chaeyeon shot back, she glanced at her friends, Sophia smiled at her.

“I can make some time for Oh Chaeyeon.” Jongin mused at her, Chaeyeon excused herself, she was about to make her way to the group when she heard her secretary’s voice from across the room.

“It’s good to see you, director Son. The president over there.”

Her eyes went to Shownu, her brows grew knitted together. He was wearing the suit she chose for him, a classic Armani. As usual, Shownu discarded the tie and left the first three buttons of his shirt undone, Chaeyeon smiled to herself before looking away.

“Don’t reason out of this. You tend to always see things black and white, and you still think of you and Shownu are keeping up with this act. But, that’s not what’s going on here.”

“You two…You are no longer pretending.”

Chaeyeon shook her head and discreetly stepped out of the room.

 

 

 

“So, he stopped?” Sophia asked, food was being served and the guests had settled down for dinner. The show was about to start in a few minutes too.

“He stopped, but I doubt he’s returning those shares soon. I guess…he can be petty like that.” Minhyuk trailed off, Wonho grew amused.

“Don’t smile, oppa. You knew this was happening and you let him.” Sophia pointed out.

“As head of security, I think it benefits her.”

“Hovering. She doesn’t like that.” Sophia shot back as she looked at her plate of food.

“Where is she, anyway?” Minhyuk spoke, he also noticed how Sehun was looking around the room. Their gazes met, and the male mouthed.

“Chaeyeon?”

Minhyuk shook his head back at him, the male was about to stand to check on Chaeyeon but the lights were suddenly dimmed.

“What’s this? They’re starting without her?” Wonho blurted up, he noticed how Chaeyeon’s secretary was running around, obviously searching for her. Soph’s eyes went to the stage, her brows went up.

“I like how she went for the glass wall there, with water flowing through it. It looks very nice and calming.” She commented, Minhyuk glanced at the empty seat across him, he tilted his head, something felt odd.

“I don’t see headache.” Wonho murmured, he took out his phone and was about to call one of his men when a loud crash made everyone stop. The sound was so loud that the music had been cut off and the lights went back on again. Loud gasps were heard and guests were starting pull back from the stage.

The glass wall Sophia was just admiring was now gone, it was now in bits and pieces on the floor. Along with a person who was holding onto his side, grunting in pain.

It took moments for the people inside to realize that he was thrown against the glass wall.

A person was thrown against the wall like a ragdoll.

Sophia stood up from her seat, wide-eyed. While the rest of the guests stopped eating, Wonho let out a low whistle and slowly walked towards the doors.

“Holy .” Minhyuk sputtered as water from the wall was now spilling onto the floor, security immediately covered the male as he bled from his cuts. His voice could be heard as he cussed while trying to regain his balance.

“M—Minhyuk-ah, t—that’s…” Sophia was about to move forward, but she was pulled back.
“Someone we know, I think.” He muttered as he pulled the girl with him.

“Isn’t that Jinyoung?”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++