020

You Got Me

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was running her fingers through her hair as she jogged out of the house, she had accidentally slept in and was worried that she was late for work. As she was about to hop inside Range Rover and black van suddenly rolled in the property.

She turned as the van’s door slid open, a tall male slid down from the vehicle. Her brows went up, surprised.

“Are you leaving?” He said as he walked towards her, the van was already leaving. Chaeyeon put her bag inside the car before facing him.

“Yes, I have a meeting in a couple of hours. I didn’t know you’d be coming home, oppa.” She said, the male rolled his eyes before giving her a quick hug.

“We aren’t so busy right now. Have you eaten?”

“Not yet, I was planning to get something to eat~” But the older male was already pulling her back to the house, Chaeyeon sighed at him.

“Oppa, I have a meeting this morning. And I~”

“You are allowed to be late, you’re the owner.” He childishly pointed out, the girl grimaced.

“Do your fans know how mature you are? Like, wow.” She grumbled as they reached the kitchen, the male laughed and rummaged through the fridge.

“But, what’s this talk I’m hearing,”

“What?” Chaeyeon murmured as she took out some plates.

“That you’re seeing someone, our aunt is making quite a big fuss about it. The family chat room would not shut up.”

“Ah, I left that chat room. You said you hated being in that.”

“It’s nice to see how narrow-minded they can be, so, what’s up?” He asked while leaning against the counter, Chaeyeon scrunched her nose before speaking.

“We can talk about this and we’d need a whole day, oppa.”

“Who’s the guy? I’m curious.”

“Minhyuk’s cousin.” Chaeyeon said, her eyes widened briefly, she noticed how her brother paused but then he nodded.

“But it’s a fraud.”

“What?”

“We’re fake. It’s just something we did…impulsively. And I think I can’t get out of it easily.” Chaeyeon said as she picked up a croissant from the table.

“Why?”

Chaeyeon noticed how her brother’s eyebrows grew knitted together and she smiled.

“Our aunt is still trying to point out all of my mistakes. That’s it.”

“Should I be worried?” He asked as he poured coffee for the two of them, Chaeyeon smiled and shook her head.

“No, I have Son Hyunwoo, I think I’ll be fine, oppa.”

Chaeyeon's brother watched as the girl started to eat and then he smiled to himself.

"I see you've grown quite close with him, Yeon-ah."

"He's a great guy, I think."

"You think?"

"Oppa, please, let me eat. You've already made me late for work."

He rolled his eyes at her again, but he nodded for her to continue. He looked at his sibling again and noticed that the girl did look somewhat relaxed and at ease. He made a mental note to check on this Son Hyunwoo she mentioned and started eating.

 

 

 

Jinyoung walked in his office and noticed the envelope on his desk, he turned to his secretary questioningly.

“It came this morning, sir.”

He picked it up and notice the Shinsegae logo embossed on the paper, his brows went up.

“Their anniversary is coming up, and like usual, they always celebrate in a grand manner.”

“I know.” He said, he dismissed the male and sat down. He opened the envelope and his lips quirked up as he went through the invitation.

“I was right, I will run into you.” He murmured to himself, his eyes went to the folder on his desk and he took out a photo.

It was a photo of Chaeyeon walking with a man, and she was smiling at him. Jinyoung’s forehead creased and he pushed it away from him.

“You will come back to me, Chaeyeon-ah. You will never be his.”

“Sir,”

He looked up, his secretary was standing by the doors, he nodded for the male to come in.

“You asked me to look into that person, the one from the auto shop.”

“Yes, him.”

“I still have nothing on him, it’s weird, sir.”

Jinyoung’s brows rose and he leaned back on his seat.

“Even his friend too, still nothing. Could they be criminals?” The male continued, Jinyoung snorted and shook his head.

“I think, that’s who they are. A bunch of nobodies.”

“What shall we do, sir?”

“Just stop checking on them, I’m sure they’re easy deal with. What can they do?” Jinyoung mused as he stood up and walked towards the windows. The male crossed his arms as he heard the doors closed behind him.

“What can he do? I will make her mine again.”

 

 

 

“Had to rebook the flight all because of these damn tangerines.” Minhyuk murmured under his breath as he eyes the crate of fruit his secretary had placed on the luggage cart. It was already dark out and all he wanted to do was go home and sleep.

“The car is waiting outside, sir.”

“Good, have that crate delivered to~” Minhyuk stopped walking, his eyes were already focused on somewhere.

Someone.

Minhyuk could only stare at the girl standing across him, she was dressed in a pair of distressed skinny jean that showed her knees, a gray hoodie was very visible under the oversized leather jacket she was wearing.

“You were out of town.” Sophia spoke, but her lips were curling up.

“W—When did you get here?” Minhyuk walks towards her, wide-eyed. The girl shrugged and looked around them, she saw Minhyuk’s secretary and driver waiting outside the doors.

“A few days ago, but that was enough for me to find out what you and Chaeyeon have been doing. You’re out of your mind.” She pointed out, Minhyuk snorted and rolled his eyes.

“It’s not Sophia Wu if she doesn’t cusses at me before saying hi.” He walked ahead of her, the girl padded after him.

“Hi.” She snapped at him, Minhyuk’s lips curled as she kept pace with him.

“You’ve coerced her to being with that cousin of yours.”

“No, I didn’t. in fact, I never even asked hyung to do that to her. You should have seen what happened.”

“What happened?”

“Her aunt is at it again, miss Wu. And I couldn’t just stand by and watch as they drive her crazy.” Minhyuk said as they reached the car, Soph exhaled and crossed her arms.

“Welcome back, by the way.” He shrugged at her as he held the car’s door for the girl. Sophia eyed him warily before speaking again.

“Why an auto shop? Your cousin’s loaded as hell, why does he always bring her there?”

“Mind you, Chaeyeon willingly goes there to hide from other humans.” Minhyuk said with a grin, Sophia slid inside the car.

“I don’t trust him.”

“You say that now, Chaeyeon was iffy about him at first too.” Minhyuk said as the car started to move, Sophia puffed her cheeks and crossed her legs.

“Chaeyeon mentioned that Joori is kind of weird now too.”

“Yes, she’s probably just bummed out that Chaeyeon has kind of one upped her again.” Minhyuk cackled, the girl elbowed him.

“She was never competing with her; she sees the girl like a sister. But the mother,”

“The mother is the problem. I know. It’s good to have you back, Wu.” Minhyuk said with a small smile as he raised fist at her.

The girl pursed her lips before bumping fists with him, Minhyuk turned to the windows and let out a small breath. Just like before, the girl always made him nervous.

“Hey,” Soph suddenly spoke, Minhyuk glanced at her.

“Don’t worry, I’ll show you around the shop.” He sighed at her, the girl shook her head.

“I didn’t mean that, but let’s get something to eat.”

“Oh no, no, let’s interrogate Chaeyeon’s boyfriend first. You’re about to torture me for that anyway.” Minhyuk said teasingly, the girl actually smiled before replying.

“Let’s have you well fed before that, Lee Minhyuk.”

 

 

 

“Hyunwoo, you should show her around the house after this.” Mrs. Son said as dessert was being served, Chaeyeon looked up from her cake and smiled.

“There’s no need, auntie. I’m sure he’d like to rest early.”

“It’s fine, you’ll like what eomma did with the gardens.” Shownu said while digging in, Chaeyeon glanced at him and nodded.

“Right, Chaeyeon-ah, I just wanted to ask,” Mr. Son began, the girl looked at him before picking up her fork.

“Hyunwoo mentioned that you used to work Shinsegae, your mother’s side.”

“Yes, I briefly worked with my relatives a few years ago.”

“Why did you stop? It seems like a fun workplace; your family runs the biggest shopping mall company in the country. Did they treat you badly?” Mrs. Son chimed in, Chaeyeon heard Shownu choke on his cake and she bit down her laugh.

“Who would treat her badly? She’s the child of the owner.” Shownu commented, that earned him a glare from his mother.

“Actually no, but to be honest, uncle. I…I got bored.” Chaeyeon said, she felt Shownu’s gaze go to her.

“And, it’s not exactly fun working with family, my cousins are okay. But the elders aren’t so flexible, so I decided to do things on my own. I’m only lucky that things worked out for me.”

“It’s not just luck, dear. You’re really good at what you do.” Mrs. Son smiled at her.

“So, you never worked with your father?” Mr. Son said, Chaeyeon slowly nodded.

“I’ve always been unfamiliar with Kia, uncle. Why? Do you have any concerns with the company? I can call someone and have them reach out to you.”

“Kia?” Shownu mistakenly echoed, Chaeyeon turned her head at him, her eyes widened briefly.

“We talked about this before, my abeoji’s family runs Kia Motors. Remember?” She said with a playful smile but underneath the table, she reached for his hand and gave it a small squeeze.

“How could you forget about your girlfriend’s family, son?” Mr. Son was smiling as he went back to eating.

“It’s not that, Chaeyeon-ah. I’m just curious, your father must be having a tricky time then.”

“Not really, uncle. We have other relatives there too, and, my brother mentioned about joining him soon too.”

Shownu’s eyes doubled in size again but remained quiet. The dinner went on with the elders chatting with Chaeyeon, Hyunwoo was amused, his parents seemed to be enjoying Chaeyeon’s company. And his mother was vocal about her worries because she was currently alone at their family home. While he father was impressed with how the girl managed to start her own company and have it grow in just a couple of years.

“We are a fraud. I’m still curious as to how I managed to ingest all that food while lying to your parents.” Chaeyeon murmured as they went up the steps, Shownu’s lips curled up as he walked behind her.

“Well, not everything was a lie. I didn’t even know you had a brother.” He commented as they reached the house’s second floor. Shownu took her hand in his and the girl tilted her head.

“He’s a year older than me, and he isn’t home around a lot because of his work.”

“What does he do?” Shownu led her to a door and he quickly opened it, Chaeyeon’s brows rose as she walked into the room, she noticed the trophies and medals that were on the display case.

“You were an athlete? A pro swimmer? Whoa.” She blurted out, Shownu nodded and leaned against the doorframe.

“This used to be my room, I transferred upstairs and eomma decided not to change anything here.”

“So, at some point in time, you were short and all cute. Look at those cheeks” She mused as she noticed a photo of him during his middle school years.

“How come I don’t know much about you?”

Chaeyeon faced him, her brows went up.

“I don’t know, maybe because you never asked? Don’t take it the wrong way, I like that you don’t hover.”

Shownu chuckled, the girl plopped down on the couch and stretched her legs before her.

“Can I ask now?”

“Go ahead.”

He sat down next to the girl and she faced him, Shownu let her put her legs on his lap before speaking.

“Your brother?”

“He’s works in the entertainment industry; my father wants him to help out with the company. But, he’s happy where he is now, so that’s that.”

“And, you’re okay with that?” Shownu put his other hand on her knees as the girl spoke.

“Yes, it’s his life. Besides, oppa is really good with his job. He has girls believing that he’s some perfect being and not the biggest bully I know.” She added with a shrug.

He let out a small laugh and nodded.

“Then, why did you leave Shinsegae?”

“Do you really need to ask? You’ve seen it happen, Son Hyunwoo, impressive boyfriend.” She mused at him, Shownu slowly nodded.

“Am….Am I really of help? Did I at least make things better for you?”

“Huh?” The girl grew confused, Shownu his lips.

“I kind of forced myself into your life, Chaeyeon-ah. You probably didn’t need me stepping up that time and claiming that we were together.” He said softly, Chaeyeon quickly shook her head.

“Don’t think that, what you did came quite a shock. But, I’m thankful that you did it, Son Hyunwoo. Who would have known we’d be good friends?” She beamed at him, Shownu nodded back at her.

“Are we still going to ignore Wonho oppa’s texts? He wants us at the shop.”

“I think we should go, apparently Minhyuk brought a girl there and now they’re arguing like five-year olds.” Shownu mused, Chaeyeon put her legs down so he could stand up.

“I’ll go get your coat.” Shownu smiled before leaning down to kiss the top of her head, Chaeyeon followed him downstairs.

“Wait…a girl? Minhyuk with a girl? Soph?” Chaeyeon mumbled, then she ran after Shownu.

“Hey! We should get going. If we don’t get there soon enough, he might die!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++