030

You Got Me

 

 

“Still, it’s nice to see you being out and about, Chaeyeon-ah,” Chaeyeon’s older cousin, Sera spoke as they stepped out of the arrivals doors.

“Unnie, you know our grandmother, the moment she realizes that one of her grandchildren didn’t attend, then we’ll get bombarded with calls.” She chuckled, Shownu was walking behind her, his secretary had called the moment they landed.

“Exactly, oh, the vans are here.” Sera stated as a couple of black Mercedes Benz vans pulled over. Sera moved on first and helped her two kids to the car. Chaeyeon turned to Shownu, he made a face at his phone.

“I’ll wait there.” She mouthed at him and moved along, but she felt Shownu’s hand on her elbow.

“I didn’t know your grandmother would make arrangements, so,” He said as he pointed towards the waiting Rolls Royce, Chaeyeon’s brows went up.

“Or would you rather we join them?” Shownu asked her as he put his phone back in his pocket.

“You know….let’s take your route. Yours seems a lot more peaceful.” She mused at him, Shownu chuckled and took her hand in his.

“Look at that, when did Yeon have the time to have the car delivered here?”

Joori glanced at their cousin, Junhee, she followed her gaze just as Chaeyeon slid inside the Rolls Royce Phantom.

“You’re right, that’s her car. There’s no way that dude could afford a Rolls.” Joori snickered as they sat down, Junhee’s older brother turned to them.

“I don’t know about you. I mean, you clearly are not a fan of the guy, but I spoke with him at the airport. He seems like a nice guy.” Juyeon said, his sister nodded back at him.

“Nice. I guess he is, oppa. But think about it, he’s probably only with unnie because of her money.” Joori snorted, her eyes went to the two again, the car was already speeding away from the building.

“I..dont think so, that guy…he seems to be different, you know.”

“Like what?”

“The way he carries himself, it seems different. You should stop being mean to Chaeyeon.”

Joori rolled her eyes again and put on her earphones.

Chaeyeon pursed her lips as she took another sip from her can of mango juice. She turned to the male beside her.

“See? You’re busy. You didn’t really have to come.” She said as they neared her grandmother’s private resort.

“It’s fine, it was my father’s assistant.” Shownu said to her, she shook her head at him.

“Anyway, is there anything I need to know once we get there?”

“Hmmm, well everyone gets their own water bungalow. I can take the couch, because I don’t think you’ll fit in one.”

“What?” Shownu paused, he glanced around their surroundings briefly.

“A bungalow, you know those~”

“Why would you take the couch?” Shownu blinked at her, Chaeyeon grew amused and then she reached over to fix the collar of his jacket.

“It only has one room, Son Hyunwoo.”

Shownu’s eyes widened briefly, but he slowly nodded back.

“Or, I can room with Sera unnie’s kids? I mean, if you need privacy, I can~”

“Chaeyeon, I didn’t mean that. But, you’re okay with sharing the..bungalow?” Shownu asked as the car pulled to a slow halt, Chaeyeon glanced at the windows before speaking.

“I share it all the time with Minhyuk, it’s not a big deal.” She chuckled and got off the vehicle.

 

 

 

“Really?” Wonho looked up from the folder he was holding on to, the man before him nodded back.

“There’s really nothing much too him, sir.”

“Park Holdings. He likes to call himself as some sort of philanthropist. Has done a lot of charity work for children.” Wonho murmured as his eyes went over the data.

“It’s too clean.” He finally commented, he looked at his assistant again, the latter opened his mouth.

“I heard this while I was asking about him the other day, sir.”

“Okay,” Wonho leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms.

“A couple of years ago, he was living overseas. But, he kept on flying back home. It was rumored that he was seeing this woman, and they were going steady.”

“A girlfriend here?”

“Yes, sir. I couldn’t look into her, because her name was never mentioned. But what I did find strange was that, during that period, a certain individual was about to file a case against him. The police have locked records and access on this, it’s confusing as to why they would do that.”

“So, what happened to the case?”

“It was withdrawn after a few days, no names were mentioned. I can’t even find out who wanted to sue Mr. Park, sir.”

“Interesting, who would want to sue a rich boy like him? He seems boring.” He scoffed, his assistant grew amused.

“We don’t know who this girl is?”

It could be Chaeyeon.

“No, sir.”

“The said girlfriend back then disappeared right around when he was about to be sued, sir. I heard from the cops under our payroll that it was a big mess, but it was covered up quickly. They mentioned that a big banking firm was involved with it too, sir.”

Wonho’s eyes widened fractionally, he dismissed the male and stood up. His brows were scrunched together as he walked towards the windows of his office.

“Banking firm. ShinHan Financial. Minhyuk.”

 

 

 

“Right, I finally found a way to make myself feel better,” Chaeyeon said as they walked in the bungalow, Shownu thanked the staff who assisted them with their bags.

“What?”

“Because you bought me a car, Son Hyunwoo.” She said as she shook off sneakers and socks, she padded through the glass doors and smiled at the sea.

Shownu looked around them, there was fifty inch TV screen across the couch, his eyes went to the kitchen and dining hall briefly.

“I got you this!” Chaeyeon seemed excited as she padded back to him, she was holding onto a green velvet box.

“Is it candy?” Shownu was smiling as he took the box from her.

“It’s a Daytona. I mean, I noticed you have the classic models too, but this seems…it screams you, you know. It’s sporty and at the same time you can wear it to work and to the fitness gym.” She continued as Shownu opened the box, he was looking at the watch.

“If you don’t like the strap, I can have it changed and,”

“You didn’t have to, Chaeyeon. But, thank you.” He said before leaning over to kiss the side of her head, Chaeyeon smiled at him.

“I should be the one giving you gifts, you’re doing a lot of lying for me.” She pointed out as she took out her phone from her bag. Shownu only shook his head at her, he took off the Omega timepiece he was wearing and put on the new watch.

“They’re serving lunch in a bit, let me show you around.” She offered while pulling their bags into the room, Shownu halted.

“Chaeyeon, what are you~”

“Do you want your clothes displayed out here?” She sighed at him, Shownu blinked at her.

“Son Hyunwoo, it’s fine. I know you won’t do anything funny, and trust me, I will not jump on you.” She said while laughing, Shownu winced and looked away.

“How are you so chill with this, Minhyuk’s Chaeyeon?” He asked as he followed her into the room, he halted when the girl plopped down on the bed, her top had hiked up a bit.

“Hmm, I usually ask you that. But, like I said, I trust you. Now, go fix your bags so we can walk around and eat.”

Shownu took out his things from carry on and the girl peeked over his shoulder.

“So, all this time, your grandmother always attended this?”

“Yes, she told me that.”

“Halmae always separates her friends and from the “kids”, must be why I never saw her. Is she here now?”

Shownu shook his head at her and he stood up to arrange his things in the closet.

“She wanted to join, but she had to fly to Taiwan.”

Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks and nodded, she picked out a pair of shorts and her swimsuit and walked towards the bathroom.

“I’m going to change. You should too.” She said as she closed the door, Shownu exhaled and immediately left the room.

“How is she so okay with all this? It’s one room.” Shownu mumbled to himself as he walked to the veranda and leaned against the railings. He was about to check his messages when he noticed a couple of the resort’s male staff rushing through the other bungalows, they were speaking in hushed tones. Shownu’s forehead creased and he leaned forward, wanting to hear them.

“Son Hyunwoo?”

He turned back to the doors just as Chaeyeon appeared again.

“Your turn.”

 

 

 

Shownu watched as Chaeyeon helped her two nieces get fresh fruit slices from the table.

“Thank you, auntie.” They said before leaving with their full plates.

“Sera unnie’s going to yell at me for that, they’re not supposed to have watermelon.” She mused as they moved along.

“Is that all you’re having?” Shownu asked as they walked to their table, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

“I’m not used to actually eating with the party, Minhyuk and I always stayed at the bungalow and had food delivered to us.”

“We should go swimming.”

“Huh, easy for you to say, pro swimmer person.” She murmured, Shownu shook his head with a grin.

“I won’t let you drown.”

“That’s very promising.” She dryly said, and then the girl leaned over to brush the bits of fries off the side of his lip. Shownu’s eyes widened briefly, but she simply chuckled and took her seat.

She saw Joori and Yugyeom walk into the open roof dining hall, she also noticed that she had brought her friends along.

“Are things okay with you two now?”

“No. Not really. Don’t even try.” She made a face at him, Shownu grinned and continued eating.

“I’ll get us something to drink. You want cola?” Chaeyeon stood up, Shownu was about to offer but she simply shook her head at him and left.

Shownu looked at the girl’s plate and proceeded to slide her grilled chicken for her. He saw two of her male cousins walk by and he nodded at them.

“Hyunwoo oppa,”

Joori was smiling as she walked towards him, Shownu smiled back at her.

“Unnie’s stepped out?”

“She’s getting something to drink. It’s good to see you, Joori.” He replied and stood up, his eyes went to the two ladies behind the girl.

“I just wanted to introduce you to my friends, oppa. They’ve been having car troubles too lately, I think you can help them.” Joori said with a grin.

“Oh, okay.” Shownu nodded at the two women and they smiled to themselves as their eyes roamed to his and down to his arms. And down to the rest of his body.

Shownu had changed into a pair of jeans and a black Givenchy muscle top, revealing his usual god-like self again, not that he was aware of it.

“This is Namjoo and Aerin. Girls, this is Chaeyeon unnie’s~”

“I’d like to sit down.” A voice chimed in, Shownu saw Chaeyeon standing behind the three, Joori moved to make way for her.

“Unnie, hi, I didn’t~”

Chaeyeon simply sat down and turned her head to them.

“Why don’t you introduce Yugyeom to our other relatives, Joori-ah? He looks a little lost over there.” She said, Shownu sat down and glanced at her. He discreetly reached for her hand across the table.

“Of course, you always have your eyes on him, unnie.”

Chaeyeon’s lips quirked up slightly.

“Your friends’ eyes are elsewhere too."


 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++