019

You Got Me

 

 

 

Chaeyeon let out a shaky breath as they reached the car park basement, she could feel Shownu’s eyes on her back as she moved. The girl stopped walking; her brows furrowed deeply as she curled her fists against her sides.

“Wonho left a few moments ago, he was called to work.” Shownu said in his usual calm tone, Chaeyeon crossed her arms and faced him.

“I just..I don’t get it. Am I really that interesting? Why won’t she leave me alone?” Chaeyeon groaned under her breath, Shownu chewed on his lower lip.

“Why is it always me? Why can’t she look after her kid first?”

“Come here,” Shownu said, Chaeyeon’s pursed her lips at him, still annoyed.

“I really don’t get it, I’m already living this lie just so she’d leave me alone. And now, she picks on you, on Wonho oppa, is she going to tell me off because I dyed my hair again?”

“What’s next? My fingernails?” Chaeyeon hissed, Shownu wordlessly walked to the girl and slowly wrapped his arms around her.

“Minhyuk warned me about the temper,” Shownu said with a small smile as he tucked the girl under his chin, Chaeyeon scrunched her nose, she could still feel her cheeks heating up. All she wanted to do was point out how Joori was being an and her mother was being the same too.

“She was being a ! There I said it. I’m not taking it back.” Chaeyeon stated, still petulant. Shownu’s lips curled up and he nodded, he ever so slightly tightened his arms around her. Chaeyeon turned quiet, her forehead still creasing, but Shownu could feel the girl relax and she eventually uncrossed her arms.

“Why are you always so calm? How do you do it?” Chaeyeon said after a few moments of silence.

“Are you feeling better?” Shownu asked softly, Chaeyeon sighed before speaking.

“Should I get another boyfriend to shut her up?” She looked up to meet his gaze, the girl didn’t seem worried at his proximity. Shownu snorted in reply and he dropped his arms to his side.

“Then, she’d pick on you again, for cheating.” Shownu said to her, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes as they walked to his car, the girl hooked arms with him.

“I didn’t get to the buy the shoes I wanted. Great.” She said darkly, Shownu glanced at her and he smiled.

“We can go to a different mall, the one without your aunt.” He hummed as he opened the car’s door for her.

“Then, can we get crepes after?” Chaeyeon asked, then she paused.

“Huh, no need to ask that. You always want to eat.” She murmured to herself as she slid into the front seat, Shownu chuckled and closed the door.

 

 

 

“He’s back in town for that?” Minhyuk asked, his secretary nodded back, sensing his boss’s sour mood.

“So, how long is he going to be here?”

“About that, sir, it seems like that the vice chairman Park intends to stay permanently. His house is being renovated, and Park Holdings has announced that he’d be taking office next week.”

Minhyuk halted, he turned to the male with wide eyes.

“What?”

“That was all I could find out, he’s been going around meeting his old friends and colleagues too. Is something wrong about that? I thought you two are good friends.”

Minhyuk shook his head and started walking again.

“Anything from Chaeyeon today? She didn’t text me.”

“She told me to remind you to bring home some tangerines when you get fly back, and that if you don’t do that, it’s better that you don’t come home at all.”

Minhyuk exhaled and got inside the waiting car, he leaned back on the chair and took out his phone. He was about to call his friend when a text message arrived.

You set her up, huh? This boyfriend of Chaeyeon’s, it’s all you. -Sophia Wu

His eyes doubled in size as he read the name of the sender again, he was about to type a reply back but his phone started to ring. He grimaced as he stared at the device nervously, he carefully slid his finger on the green icon.

“Soph, hi.”

“You…You’re officially out of your mind, why are you making Chaeyeon date this Samsung kid?”

“Wow, that was fast.” Minhyuk blinked, impressed.

“Lee Minhyuk!”

“I know, I know, it looks bad.”

“Looks bad? She’s being forced into hanging out with that guy!”

“He’s my cousin, and he’s actually a nice person, better than me.” He argued back, he could almost see the girl roll her eyes from the other line and that made him smile.

“Wait, are you in Seoul?”

“Screw you.” Soph shot back and ended the call, Minhyuk put his down, his smile still lingering on his lips.

“I see my migraine’s home.”

 

 

 

“Oh, Chaeyeon took care of it already?” The male asked as he stepped out of the elevator, he slowly pulled his hat lower as he walked.

“Yes, young master. The papers have been signed, you don’t have to rush here at the office.”

He nodded and made his way towards the escalators.

“How’s Chaeyeon doing? Her company?”

“Everything’s going fine, sir. In fact, she’s planning to throw a party before fashion week. I’m not sure if the president has discussed this with you already.”

The older male smiled and looked around the mall.

“I think she mentioned it once. Also, is our aunt still going at it? She’s been bothering her for years,”

“About that…sir, uhm, there’s been changes.”

“Huh?” The male tilted his head, he made his way towards the Saint Laurent boutique, his stylist had asked him to pass by the shop to pick up some items for his next appearance.

“Changes?”

“Uhm, well, ah, right! The president hired a security detail.” The secretary stammered from the other line, the older male grew amused.

“I’ll call later, secretary Yang. Thank you for taking care of Yeon.” He said, he tucked his phone back in his coat pocket. He was about to enter the shop when two people suddenly walked past him, his eyes went to the female and his brows went up.

“Just a little peek.” Chaeyeon was smiling as they walked, his eyes went to their linked arms and his brows went up, way up.

“Minhyuk also warned me about this.” The male commented as they walked in the shop, Chaeyeon’s older brother quietly followed them.

“But, you bought me shoes. Let me pay you back then.”

The male simply shook his head at her, Chaeyeon’s brother paused and looked at the male. He was patting down Chaeyeon’s hair as the girl tried to persuade him.

“They looked good on you.”

“But~”

“Fine, just one shirt.” He said, the older brother discreetly stepped back and exited the shop with an amused smile.

“That must be the change. But, he doesn’t look like her security detail. Is my sister hiding things then? Really? In broad daylight?” He murmured to himself as he went down the escalator.

“But, good choice, Chaeyeonie.” He chuckled softly as he took another glance at the couple.


 

 

“I thought we were going shopping for you.” Shownu said as they walked into Saint Laurent’s men’s section, Chaeyeon ignored his comment and disappeared into the rows and rows of clothing. Son Hyunwoo almost grew dizzy as he looked for her.

“This!” Chaeyeon reappeared, looking all excited as she held onto a couple of shirts.

“Those are too big for you,” Shownu blinked at her, she shook her head and handed the items to him.

“Try them on. I think they’ll suit you.” She said to him, she took the shopping bags from Shownu.

“But, Chaeyeon-ah,”

She was smiling as she pulled him to the fitting rooms, even on their way, the girl was picking up more items for Shownu to try.

“I’ve always wanted to try this, you know. Like picking out outfits and have someone try it.”

“You said that it was part of your job, what are you talking about?” Shownu asked as he took the clothes from her, two sales associates were assisting them. They were smiling as they watched the couple.

“But the models are boring, they don’t talk much, and I’d like to see how clothes look on other body types too.” She explained to him, Shownu blinked at her.

“I’m not hitting on you. I’m just saying. Plus, I tried it on Minhyuk, the boy wont stop yapping.”

“You just complained that the models don’t talk.” Shownu said, teasing her. He was relieved that Chaeyeon seemed to have cheered up since her aunt’s disturbing comments from earlier.

“Son Hyunwoo, please.” She squeezed his arm while smiling, Shownu took the rest of the clothes.

“Crepes?” He asked before going in, Chaeyeon chuckled and gave him a thumbs up. Shownu walked in the fitting room area, he was led to one of the vacant rooms. He was about to go inside when someone suddenly spoke to him.

“Your girlfriend is a beauty,”

He turned to the male with curiosity.

“How long have you been together?” The male asked with a pleasant smile, Shownu wasn’t sure how to answer him, he remained silent.

“Chaeyeon and I go way back, you know. She seems happy now, keep it up.”

“Ah, yes.” Shownu nodded back, the male’s smile grew wider and it irked him.

“Let’s see how long you can hold her attention.” The male added with a dry laugh, the made Shownu pause again.

“Chaeyeon’s just outside, would you like to talk to her?” Shownu replied evenly, the male shook his head.

“No need, I’ll run into her eventually. We run in the same circles you know.” He said with a grin before moving away.

Shownu watched as the male left the area, he got inside the room and set the clothes inside. His brows were knitted together as he took off his shirt, but then he heard Chaeyeon’s voice outside.

“Don’t hate me, but I found a really nice long coat you should try!” She called out, Shownu smiled to himself as the door slowly opened and the coat appeared.

“Take this.”

“I don’t want to.” Shownu playfully said, Chaeyeon scoffed from the other end.

“This is actually perfect for you, impressive boyfriend.” She tried to argue back, Shownu took the coat from her hand, amused at her sudden use of his so-called title.

“I’ll put this on, and have you check it.”

Chaeyeon gave him a thumbs up before pulling her arm back. Shownu was going through the shirts when he heard the door creak open, he turned.

“Chaeyeon-ah?” He called out.

“Instead of getting crepes, can we get donuts instead? I’d kill for a glazed donut.” She asked, while standing outside the door.

Shownu laughed and quickly buttoned up, he pulled the door open and revealed Chaeyeon, who was holding more clothes in her arms. His brows went up, and he scrunched his nose at her.

“Oh, these are mine.” She said to him, Shownu shook his head at her.

“Alright, let’s get donuts.”

“And~”

“Coffee jelly without jelly, let’s get that as well.” Shownu chimed in, Chaeyeon’s smile widened and she hopped away from him.

“That shirt looks good on you, by the way. I really am talented.” He heard the girl hum happily before she disappeared through the dividers.

Shownu puffed his cheeks and closed the door behind him, he briefly leaned the back of his head against the doorfram before picking up the shirts.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++