023

You Got Me

 

 

“So, you really are on a break.” Chaeyeon commented as she strolled in the kitchen, her brother looked up from the paper and nodded.

“That’s what I said. You’re up late today,” Sehun said as Chaeyeon looked at her cup of coffee.

“I don’t have a lot on my schedule today, I just need to drop by the office and run some errands after. What are you up to today, oppa?”

“I just have to be at the studio for a couple of hours. Let’s grab lunch later, I’ll pick you up.”

Chaeyeon slowly shook her head while chewing.

“What’s this? You don’t want to be seen in public with me?” Oh Sehun said in a childish manner, his younger sister rolled her eyes.

“I already have this lunch thing to attend today, but, oppa,”

“What lunch thing? With your friends?”

“I guess? It’s with Son Hyunwoo. Anyway,”

“Now, you choose him over me. I’m touched.”

“Can I have at least one mature conversation with you? I haven’t had my coffee yet and you’re being annoying.” Chaeyeon hissed at him, the male cackled and nodded for her to continue.

“Okay, go.”

“It feels weird that, I’ve met his family. Like, everyone. And he hasn’t met mine, so, can I set up lunch or dinner with Shownu?”

“Sure. You don’t even need to ask, Chaeyeon-ah.” Sehun said as he put more bacon on her plate.

“But,”

“I feel like I should tell you this, like a heads up.”

“Why? ”

Chaeyeon set her utensils down and picked up her coffee.

“Soph’s back in town.”

The older male paused, Chaeyeon noticed how stopped chewing for a few seconds but he nodded back at her.

“That’s good to hear, she hasn’t been home in a while.” Sehun said in a careful tone, and then he slowly stood up.

“I have to be at the studio in a bit, I’ll take the Rover.”

“No, take the your Porsche!”

“I don’t want to, just~”

“I need the big car today!”

“Then, the Maser~”

“Take the damn Porsche, Oh Sehun!” Chaeyeon said as she waddled after him towards the garage, but her brother simply rolled her eyes and got inside the family’s beloved Range Rover.

“Great. Now, I want revenge.”

 

 

 

“Yes, I’m already here. I’ll get you your favorite.” Joori said as the lady before her left the counter, she moved forward and greeted the barista.

“Can I have one americano and a caramel macchiato?”

“Make it two americanos,” A masculine voice said from behind her, Joori turned and her eyes widened in surprise.

“Jinyoung oppa,”

“It’s been a while, Joori-ah. Are you alone?” Jinyoung said as the male behind the counter took her card, Joori smiled at him.

“Oppa, you didn’t have to. I’m waiting for my boyfriend, he’s going to be here in a bit.” Joori said as they walked towards the empty table, the girl sat down across him.

“By the way, oppa, ever since you arrived, have you reached out to unnie? Does she know you’re in Seoul?”

“Actually, not yet. I wanted to say hi to her at that party,”

“Right, we ran into each other.” Joori said with a small smile as she leaned back on the chair.

“Yes. But, Minhyuk happened. So, they wouldn’t even let me in.”

“Ah, really? I do remember that he didn’t really get along with you.” Joori said softly, she glanced at him briefly.

“Then, oppa, how about you attend our event? Bring Jaebum oppa with you too. Shinsegae is celebrating its anniversary again, you should come.”

“Really? I don’t want to intrude, Joori. Isn’t it a family thing?” Jinyoung replied, the girl shook her head.

“Not this one, oppa. A lot of people are invited, surely you’ll run into Chaeyeon unnie there. Well, if the boyfriend lets you run into her.” She said with a dry laugh, Jinyoung’s brows went up at the mention of the male.

“Ah, Chaeyeon’s introduced him to the family?”

“Yes, I don’t like him, oppa. Unnie’s being reckless, it seems like she’s rebelling or something.” Joori pointed out, one of the café’s staff served their drinks at their table.

“Why? He’s not a nice guy?” Jinyoung asked, feigning ignorance, but also wanting to hear more.

“He’s okay, nice to look at. But, oppa..he’s…he’s kind of..you know,”

“What?” Jinyoung picked up his coffee and took small sips.

“I don’t think he’ll be able to afford my cousin. Let’s leave it there.”

 

 

 

“You usually take Chaeyeon with you,” Minhyuk said as he walked with the girl, Soph scrunched her nose before speaking.

“I called her, but she has a thing with her impressive boyfriend.”

Minhyuk laughed at her tone as he held the door for her, the two got inside the mall together.

“You don’t trust him.”

“Should I? Do I have to?” Sophi questioned, Minhyuk buried his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

“I can vouch for him, Soph.”

“That’s why.”

“Huh?” Minhyuk asked, the girl crossed her arms as they waited for the elevator.

“I’ve only been around the two of them for a few days, actually, a couple of times,”

“They get along well, everyone knows that. They’re pulling off the lie, her aunt stopped.” Minhyuk stated, Soph glanced at him then she sighed.

“I get your point, you hate how they’re pressuring her. You’ve always been protective of Yeon,” She said as she reached for his hand, Minhyuk paused at her touch but he held on to her hand gently.

“I don’t think you see it, but he looks at her differently.”

“Huh?”

The doors pinged open, the girl let go of him and she got inside. Minhyuk followed her and leaned against the metal railings.

“At this rate, the guy will do anything for Yeon, Minhyuk. What have you done?”

Minhyuk turned quiet, his thoughts went to his cousin and how Shownu always seem to have prioritized Chaeyeon lately. At first, it felt like he was just doing his role well, but somehow, Soph made sense.

“Do you think…he has feelings for her?”

“I can literally see the feelings.” Sophia sighed, the doors opened again and Minhyuk padded after her.

“Really?”

“Shooting hearts out of his eyes when he looks at her. Need I say more?”

“And that’s bad?” Minhyuk didn’t know what else to say, the girl exhaled and turned to her.

“You and I both know her well, Chaeyeon…she likes being alone. Her solitude has always been number one. Isn’t that why things didn’t work out with that Park Jinyoung person? He hovered over her too much.”

Minhyuk’s forehead crumpled at the mention of Jinyoung’s name, but he didn’t speak.

“He shouldn’t get too attached her.”

“Chaeyeon’s…comfortable around him. I don’t think..you need to worry, Sophia.” Minhyuk murmured, the girl shrugged at him.

“She gets along with everyone.”

 

 

 

Shownu fiddled with his necktie as the three middle-aged women continued to attack him with questions.

“We all heard you were back in town, but I wasn’t expecting you’d take over right away, Hyunwoo-ah.” One said with a laugh and patted his arm.

“Yes, I wanted to start helping out discreetly, Mrs. Jeon.”

“He’s right, that’s good. However, how old are you? How are you still not married?”

Shownu was about to speak when, Mrs. Shin chimed in.

“Are you still single? My youngest daughter is around your age,” She said as the smile on her face grew wider.

“My daughter too, you two should meet up and talk over lunch,” Mrs. Hong said excitedly, Shownu glanced around the room, wanting to escape.

“Hyunwoo, how about next~”

“Son Hyunwoo,”

The three ladies paused just as a familiar face appeared through the crowd. Shownu couldn’t help but stare as Chaeyeon walked over to them, she was wearing a nice pastel green long sleeve mini dress and a pair of white strappy heels. She ran her fingers through her hair before smiling.

“I had to walk around to look for you, here you are.” She commented as she walked to him, Shownu blinked back at her. Chaeyeon glanced at the women briefly before poking his arm.

“Aren’t you going to say hi to me?” She said whispered softly, Shownu‘s brows rose and then he leaned down to kiss the side of her head. Chaeyeon smiled at him before facing the women across them.

The three women grew silent as they looked at the two.

“You’re a familiar face, young lady. Are you here with our Hyunwoo?” Mrs. Shin asked haughtily, Shownu glanced at the girl as he put his palm on the small of her back, he wordlessly leaned in closer to her.

“Yes, he asked me to come. But traffic was bad, so I arrived late. It’s Oh Chaeyeon, by the way, Shinsegae.” Chaeyeon said with a small smile as she stretched her palm to her, Mrs. Shin’s shoulders dropped and took the girl’s hand.

“It’s nice to meet you, miss Oh. You two look good together.” She said through gritted teeth before moving along, Chaeyeon smiled to herself as she looked at them.

“I told you I could have someone pick you up, it’s a long drive here.” Shownu said, the girl finally faced him and eyed his tie warily.

“It’s fine, driving soothes me.” She said as she straightened his tie for him, Shownu’s smile appeared.

“Are you hungry?” He asked, the girl shook her head and he offered his arm to her.

“How was work?”

“We finished a few sketches today, I’m still not sure if they’re going to work though.” Chaeyeon murmured as she linked arms with him. She took a quick look at the crowd before continuing. KB Financial was holding a garden banquet for their investors and partners to commemorate the opening of their new branch in Gapyeong.

“It will, you’re good at what you do.”

“Don’t take my side. Some designs .” She puffed her cheeks, Shownu smiled and gave her hand a small squeeze.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked her as they stopped walking, Shownu glanced at the grazing table before them and picked up a plate.

“No disturbances today?” He continued, Chaeyeon actually laughed and picked up a small slice of cheese from his plate.

“Yugyeom messaged me.”

“Really? What did he want?” Shownu asked, Chaeyeon walked with him as they went to their table.

“I didn’t read it. You said not to.”

“If you’re not comfortable with it, you don’t have to.” Shownu said chidingly, but the girl chuckled.

“I know, I know. I like this color on you, by the way. It’s a nice shade of beige.” She murmured as she examined the fabric of his suit.

“Chaeyeon-ah,”

“I know, I know. I can open his messages if I want to.”

Shownu smiled and pulled the chair for her, but the girl was looking elsewhere. Shownu followed her gaze and grew confused.

“Why? Is something wrong?” He asked, Chaeyeon let go of him and continued to stare at someone, something.

“Chaeyeon? Oh Chaeyeon?” The male spoke as he met gazes with her, Shownu noticed how the girl was holding onto the sleeve of his coat.

“J—Jaebum-ah.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++