044

You Got Me

 

 

Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks as she paced towards the window and back to other side of the wall of her party. She couldn’t function properly while feeling uncomfortable. She put her hand down, realizing that her nail biting had damaged her newly colored nails.

“Are..you taking his side?”

“Didn’t you think that maybe I did this for you?”

“You…Do you still care about him? Do..you still actually like that guy?”

“I never asked you to handle things for me.”

“But, I want to. Because it’s you.”

She pursed her lips, she brought her phone to her face and searched for Shownu’s number. She was about to tap on the green icon when someone suddenly grabbed her hand.

“Are you having fun?” Jinyoung hissed at her as he yanked her to his chest, Chaeyeon’s eyes widened.

“J—Jinyoung…how did you~”

“All this time, did you enjoy laughing at me? Did you plan everything?” Jinyoung continued as he pushed the girl against the wall, Chaeyeon winced as she felt his fingers wrap around her wrist.

“Having a Samsung boy toy, this must be why you’ve been ignoring me. You caught a bigger fish.” He was smiling as he brought his nose closer to her neck, Chaeyeon started to push him back but Jinyoung didn’t budge.

“Little did I know that was all arranged, you sly fox, Oh Chaeyeon. But, if you really wanted my attention,” He hummed as he met her gaze.

“Did you really have to~” Jinyoung halted, he started to gasp and then he was ripped off from the girl.

“Fun?” Shownu repeated as he held onto the back of the male’s coat. Chaeyeon slumped back against the wall, she looked at the floor while trying to regain her composure again. She could still feel his fingers on her wrist and that made her panic more.

“You,” Jinyoung spat, Shownu pushed the male away from him and he stood before the girl, covering his view of her.

“I don’t think you were invited.” Shownu steadily said, Jinyoung tugged on the lapels of his jacket and laughed.

“I don’t know where you got the idea that messing with me is easy, but you’re wrong. I don’t care who you are, I already know the truth.”

Chaeyeon’s eyes went to him, she noticed how Shownu had both of his hands in his pockets.

“Chaeyeon’s just using you, she wants me back. And she thinks the only way to get my attention is by making me jealous.” Jinyoung mused at them, Shownu didn’t react, he turned his head ever so slightly but he didn’t speak.

“Ah, well, I only tried to buy your company because I was bored.” Shownu spoke, Jinyoung’s jaw clenched.

“Stop acting so great, she will never choose you. She may act like it, but it’s all because she knows you’re powerful.”

“Jinyoung-ah, please, get out.” Chaeyeon cleared , but the male ignored her, she tried to step forward but Shownu moved his arm, blocking her.

“Of course she’d choose you. You’re a Samsung son. She wouldn’t even let me touch her, but you,” Jinyoung was smiling as he continued, Chaeyeon looked away.

“I bet she’d open her legs so wide for~”

Shownu suddenly moved, he grabbed Jinyoung by the front of his jacket and threw him against the glass wall.

Chaeyeon gasped the as the wall broke at the sudden impact, Shownu exhaled as he looked at the now soaking Park Jinyoung, lying down amongst the glass shards.

 

 

 

Sehun leaned against the wall as security and Chaeyeon’s staff ushered the guests to the other room where all items from her collection were being showcased. People who took photos of the incident were asked to delete them and were also escorted to the other room by personnel.

“I’ll get going then.” He heard Jongin speak, Sehun nodded back at his friend. He saw how the guards pulled back as soon as the room was almost empty.

Park Jinyoung was struggling to get on his feet, Sehun’s lips quirked up. He saw Shownu walked through the now broken wall, the look on his face was unreadable. But it was clear as day that the usually calm and mild-mannered man was fuming.

“Nice shot.” Sehun murmured, he saw Sophia standing by the door, while Minhyuk looked on beside her.

“Why? Are you still going to deny it?” Jinyoung spoke as he finally regained his balance, his clothes were soaked due to the water.

“Are you having fun now?” Shownu replied, the guards fell back and looked around, Wonho was sitting on one of the tables, enjoying his dinner.

“You think you can silence me by threatening my company? Come on, it’s so obvious, Chaeyeon was never in Bali!” Jinyoung hollered, Shownu paused briefly but he nodded at him.

“Right, we never met in Bali.”

Minhyuk noticed Chaeyeon at the back, she was still leaning against the wall, looking pale.

“Go check on her.” Sophia spoke, the male jogged out of the room.

“Minhyuk-ah,” She blurted out as Minhyuk took her hand.

“What happened? Why did hyung~”

“You two are just a fraud, and I will expose that. You think I’ll let this go?” Jinyoung had one hand on his back, Wonho grew amused as he realized that the male was holding onto a sizeable chunk of a glass shard.

“Why does he even try?” Wonho murmured as he sliced through his steak.

“You two are a fraud. And Chaeyeon decided to keep you because she found out who you really are.” Jinyoung chuckled, Shownu nodded back.

“I guess so.” His short reply aggravated the other male, Minhyuk felt Chaeyeon straighten up and she let out a breath.

“But she didn’t go back to you, right?” Shownu continued, he stepped closer towards the male and met his gaze evenly. Jinyoung flinched and pulled back.

“I warned you, stay away from her.” Son Hyunwoo stated, Wonho paused, he looked at his friend and stopped chewing.

“Uh-oh.” He murmured, he put his utensils down and noticed that his guards looked worried.

“She’ll come back to me. She doesn’t love you.” Jinyoung shot back.

“I’m getting bored, can you go now?” Shownu asked him, and then Jinyoung raised his hand and attempted to slash the male with the piece of glass, but he caught it.

Shownu hissed in pain as the glass cut through the back of his hand, and then he pushed Jinyoung against the post. He had his elbow against the man’s throat as he spoke.

“You were asked to leave.” Shownu hissed, finally losing it. Chaeyeon noticed how his fists were curled.

“Why? Are you going to use violence again? Is that the way you think she’ll choose you?” Jinyoung was smirking at him.

“She’ll probably sleep with you but she will~” Jinyoung froze when Shownu raised his fist.

“Son Hyunwoo,” Chaeyeon blurted out, Sehun pushed himself off the wall and walked over to the bar.

“Busy night, huh?” He spoke, Sophia sighed at him.

Shownu stilled, his jaw grew taut and his forehead creased, he was contemplating. He slammed his fist against the wall and let go of the other male.

“Stop this, Park Jinyoung.” Chaeyeon said as she walked towards them, Shownu looked away.

“If needed, I will really ask him to use violence against you.” She continued, Jinyoung stared at her.

“You’re a liar, Oh Chaeyeon.” He said, the girl nodded back at him.

“You’ll be hearing from my lawyers tomorrow.” She turned her head to the guards.

“Get him out of here.” She said, the guards moved, the grabbed Jinyoung’s limbs and dragged him out of the room, his shouts were ignored as he was pulled away. Secretary Yang came rushing to her boss.

“President,”

“Call for a press conference, I’m sure it’s all over the Internet by now. I’ll be ready in a few minutes so,” Chaeyeon’s eyes went to Shownu’s bleeding hand, she stopped.

“I’ll have them ready in~”

“Wait,” She said, her eyes still on Shownu, his back was facing her as he spoke with one of the guards, Wonho was standing by the broken wall, taking selfies.

“Have someone from the PR team take care of it instead, I~”

“Go, Chaeyeon. Oppa will take care of it, don’t worry,” Sehun stated, Chaeyeon shook her head.

“Oppa, this is a full blown scandal, he~”

“I said I’ll take care of it. Now, go.” Sehun firmly said. Chaeyeon nodded, she walked towards Shownu, the male faced him, looking worried.

“Chaeyeon-ah, I~”

“Come with me.” Chaeyeon took his other hand in hers and started pulling him out of the room.

 

 

 

Sophia was checking her social media apps for any leaks regarding what just happened, but so far none. There was one article regarding an incident that happened at a Fashion Week party, but no names were mentioned. She exhaled and walked around the exhibit room, she had one guard behind her as she moved. Minhyuk was speaking with Chaeyeon’s staff, giving instructions what to do. Sehun was with the girl’s secretary, preparing for whatever Jinyoung might do next.

“What was that, oppa?”

“Jinyoung…was being his usual self, Shownu..he would have just dropped it.” Wonho stated, Sophia put her phone back in her purse.

“What?”

“He started saying some very…offensive things, Shownu..you know him, he has always been more of a…silent sufferer type.”

“He got in Son Hyunwoo’s nerves?”

“Yes, he threw Jinyoung against that wall. He may not be a talker, but he does get things done.”

“Oppa, someone could have died.” Soph sighed at him, Wonho rolled his eyes.

“Does it look like I care? He deserves it. Also, it’s kind of amusing seeing Shownu lose it.”

“Amusing and also terrifying.” Sophia murmured, the male chuckled and nudged her.

“Do you think he’ll try approaching her again? That Park Jinyoung?”

Soph was eyeing the set of cardigans and sweaters on display.

“I doubt. Jinyoung looked so scared when he was about punch him, he grew pale.”

“If Chaeyeon had not said anything, he would have needed an ambulance. I think.” Wonho said with a hearty chuckle.

“That…I totally support. I’m just worried this might affect her business. Talk will start, oppa. And Jinyoung’s not a nobody.” Soph said, Minhyuk reappeared and sauntered towards them.

“How did it go?”

“Jinyoung was throwing a fit at the lobby, and he started yelling out all these crap, luckily, some of Son Hyunwoo’s people were there.”

“People.” Soph repeated, Wonho smiled at her.

“But, Chaeyeon took over, she spoke with the media with Shownu hyung behind her, don’t worry. They all think that the Park Holdings’ son had too much to drink and started a mess.” Minhyuk shrugged before kissing the side of her head.

“See? Told you it’d work out, migraine.”

“She’s my migraine, not yours.” Minhyuk replied, Soph shook her head and moved ahead of the two.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks as they reached the building’s rooftop garden, she flinched slightly as the cold night breeze air touched her .

“Chaeyeon-ah, about earlier,” Shownu cleared his throat as they sat down on one of the benches.

“It’s fine, you don’t have to explain.” She said, her eyes went to his bleeding palm, Shownu had tied a napkin around it. The fabric had turned red and it made her feel queasy.

“Chaeyeon, I hurt him pretty badly. I~”

“Hyunwoo, please, it’s fine. I…understand.” She carefully placed her palm over his unscathed one, Shownu swallowed and his forehead furrowed.

“I overreacted the other day, I’m sorry for responding that way. I guess…I’ve always wanted to be rational, and I didn’t want people to ask questions why I’d cut off their family like that.” Chaeyeon murmured.

“No, I should have told you…I should have discussed it with you before I did that.”

“And, you’d actually let me stop you?” Chaeyeon said with a small smile, wanting to lighten up the mood. Shownu’s lips curled up slightly as he laced his fingers with her.

“It depends.”

Chaeyeon shook her head at him, and then she gently pulled her hand back. The girl gathered the skirt of her dress and started to stand, Shownu halted, panicking.

“I’ll go~” Chaeyeon paused when he reached for hand again, she looked down to meet his gaze. “Don’t go back to him.” He said without looking at her, Shownu’s eyes were on her hand. Chaeyeon paused, it was the first time Shownu said something like this. He usually gave her options or something in the lines of, “I’m here, what do you need? Where do you need me?”.

He always gave her options, respecting her space. That’s how he was, non-hovering, fuss free Shownu. And that’s probably why he has her in knots. This straightforward man confused her, and yet she liked it.

“Chaeyeon-ah, you can’t go back to him.” He breathed as his fingers around her hand tightened, but still careful enough not to hurt her.

Chaeyeon chewed on her lower lip.

“I’m..coming back for you, it’s okay. You can let go now.” She spoke, she saw how his eyebrows grew knitted together, trying to understand what she was saying. She let out a small sigh and the girl leaned down to meet his gaze, Shownu stilled, surprised with her actions.

“Why would I go back to him? I have a Son Hyunwoo.” Chaeyeon said with a small smile as she cupped his cheek and placed a soft kiss against it, Shownu’s eyes widened.

“I’ll go get a first-aid kit. Give me a few minutes.” She said as she gestured towards his hand, Shownu let go of her.

“Chaeyeon-ah, I~”

“You don’t have to explain, I promise we’ll talk about this. I just really want to check on that cut, Shownu.” She said again, Shownu nodded at her, and then he stood up. He wordlessly draped his coat around the girl and tucked her hair behind ears.

“Minhyuk said I showed too much of my back.” She murmured as she fixed the coat around her, Shownu smiled at her.

“I think it looks perfect on you.” Shownu said and then he leaned closer to kiss the top of her head.

“I didn’t get to say hi earlier, so, hi.”

Chaeyeon chuckled before walking away from him, Shownu watched as the girl made her way towards the elevator and he sat down.

“She’s right. You got me, Oh Chaeyeon.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++