014

You Got Me

 

 

 

“Yes, eomma?” Shownu picked up as soon as he was out of the conference room, he made his way towards the elevator.

“Are you free tonight, son? How about dinner with your father and I?”

He got inside the elevator and nodded.

“Yes, I have nothing tonight, eomma. What’s the occasion?” Shownu asked as he leaned back against the railing, he tugged on necktie slightly.

“Well, I just realized that ever since you got back, we never went out and celebrated the fact that you are finally home, son.”

“We had that party, even though it was unnecessary.” He murmured under his breath, Mrs. Son hissed in reply.

“Anyway, we’ll be expecting you later.”

He bid his mother goodbye and put his phone back in coat pocket, the elevator doors opened and he saw his secretary walking towards him.

“Sir,”

“What’s up?” Shownu asked in his usual casual manner, the male smiled before speaking.

“It’s nothing really big, but I’ve noticed that some people have been trying to…get information about you.”

“Information about me? Why?” Shownu grew confused, the other male could only shrug.

“Would you like me to look into it?”

His forehead creased, a little unsure. His thoughts went to Chaeyeon’s words and he puffed his cheeks.

“Just don’t let them find out everything.” He said with an easy smile, he was about to head back for his office when a familiar voice made him stop.

“Are you busy?”

“Oh, president,” Shownu heard his secretary say with familiarity, the girl grinned and bumped fists with him.

“I see your boss is quite the slave driver.” Chaeyeon jokingly commented, she was carrying a brown shopping bag with her.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu walked to her.

“Hi.” Chaeyeon mused at him, he reached the girl and leaned down to briefly press his nose against the side of her head.

“What brings you here?”

“I wanted to wait at the lobby, but that would be really weird. So,” She raised the bag she was holding, not bothered by Shownu’s way of greeting her.

“I come with food. And, I can’t stay long.” She said, Shownu gestured for the girl to follow him.

“Why? Got a date?” Shownu joked as he held the door for her.

“No, I have to meet this investor tonight.”

“You’re meeting them at night?” Shownu paused, the girl nodded and set the bag on the table, she took out the different flavored cheesecake slices.

“I don’t know what you like so, I got four.” She said to him.

“And, they must be really busy, but they really wanted to sit down and talk. Seems reasonable, I think.” She sat down and crossed her legs, Shownu was smiling as he picked up a disposable fork and started digging in.

“I can drive you there.”

“It’s fine, I brought my car here. And,” The girl suddenly groaned, Shownu paused, stunned.

“You know, if you hate them so much,” She grumbled as she sat closer to him, Shownu scrunched his nose as he had to put the cheesecake down while the girl fixed his tie.

“Turtlenecks are good too, or you know those type of shirts that can be~ Nevermind.” She puffed her cheeks as Shownu stared back at her.

“I’ll pick some up for you, it’s the least I could do.” Chaeyeon murmured as she straightened his tie, Shownu smiled and nodded.

“These are really good, thank you, Wonho’s headache.” Shownu offered her some, she shook her head.

The doors opened and Minhyuk came marching in.

“Whoa, you traitor. You went to him first.”

“I texted you first.” She sighed at him, Minhyuk plopped down across them and started eating.

“Why are you dressed up all pretty?” He asked, taking note of the black mini dress she was wearing.

“I have a formal dinner thing tonight, and now that you’re here, I have to go.”

“Tonight? You’re going on a date with another man? How dare you!” Minhyuk gasped at her, Shownu chuckled and looked up at the girl.

“An investor, you idiot. And it’s at this fancy hotel, I have to look human.”

“You aren’t.” Minhyuk said while chewing, Chaeyeon made a face at him but she picked up her bag. Shownu put the cake down and stood up.

“I’ll walk~”

“It’s fine, enjoy the cakes.” Chaeyeon shook her head at him, Minhyuk blew her a kiss.

“Thanks for coming by,” Shownu walked her to the door, she rolled her eyes at him.

“I’ll come pick you up tomorrow. Dinner at Joori’s right?” Shownu asked as he fixed the strap of her purse on her shoulder.

“I was hoping you’d forget about that.”

“I would never.” Shownu joked back, Chaeyeon patted his hand and she left the room.

 

 

 

Shownu slid down from the Audi and let the valet take it, he got inside the hotel lobby and quickly headed for the elevators.

The doors opened and he stepped in, Shownu was checking the time on his watch when he heard quick footsteps from outside the machine. He saw a man, his face was covered by the bouquet of flowers he was holding, Shownu pressed on one of the elevator’s buttons before it would close in on him.

“Thanks.” He said, Shownu nodded back and looked at the screen.

“Hello?” The other male was on the phone.

“Yes, I made it just in time. I don’t think she’s arrived yet.” He murmured, the screen blinked twice, informing that they were already on the top floor. Shownu walked ahead of him.

“I know, it’s so difficult to have her alone and speak to her privately.” The male chuckled, Shownu saw his parents, they had chosen a table by the windows.

He took one glance at the man holding the flowers before taking his seat.

“Look at you, dressed nicely. This is what I was talking about.” Mrs. Son commented at her son’s get up, Shownu saw his father grin at him.

“I had some help, eomma.”

“That’s good. We already ordered for us, I got you your favorites.”

Shownu nodded back, a waiter came by to pour them some wine, Mr. Son started speaking.

“How’s work for you? The deal with HGH is doing well, I hope.”

“Yes, it is, abeoji. Minhyuk and I are set to attend the contract signing by next week.” Shownu said as he took a small sip from his glass.

“They’ve been working on it for months, so things should go smoothly.”

“Yes, I~” Shownu paused as a familiar silhouette appeared by the restaurant’s entrance. Chaeyeon was speaking with the hostess.

“Son, right,”

Shownu’s gaze went to his mother.

“I know you don’t like us prying into your private life, and I promise you, I didn’t want to pry, but…eomma heard something.”

“Yes?” His gaze flitted to Chaeyeon again as she was being led to a table.

“There’s word going around that you’re seeing someone. Some people saw you at this party and, oh, Minhyuk’s Chaeyeon!” His mother suddenly blurted out, the girl stopped walking. Shownu winced to himself and looked away.

“Minhyuk’s…what?” Mr. Son asked in confusion as he followed his wife’s gaze and then he spotted the girl.

“Oh, auntie, uncle. Good evening.” Chaeyeon said politely as she approached their table, her eyes went to Shownu briefly.

“Did you come with someone, dear? Join us.” Mrs. Son said with a smile.

“Actually, I’m here to meet someone, auntie.” Chaeyeon said, she sent Shownu a look as he was about to stand.

“Ah, really? If that person decides not to show up, then join us here.” Mrs. Son said in a joking tone, Chaeyeon nodded back.

“I will. Enjoy your night, you too, Shownu.” Chaeyeon said, she patted his shoulder before moving along.

“Aigoo, what a pretty sight.” Mrs. Son sighed to herself.

“Too bad for you, you’re cursed with a son.” Mr. Son chortled as the waiter arrived with their food, Shownu glanced back and realized that Chaeyeon was seated across the man with the flowers.

“The investor?” He blinked to himself, he saw how Chaeyeon seemed to be recoiling as he presented the bouquet to her.

Shownu hid his grin and went back to his meal.

 

 

 

Joori put her drink down and faced her mother.

“That’s all I know, eomma. I swear.” She wanted to groan, but she knew it would trigger her mother more.

“So, our Chaeyeon is going out with this…with this….car shop boy?” She spat, Joori exhaled and looked up.

“I guess so. I don’t know.”

“How could this happen? Is she doing this because her parents are out of town? Huh, unnie and brother-in-law would lose their heads over this.”

“He’s handsome, eomma. Polite, too.”

“That won’t get her anywhere, well, now we know Chaeyeon hasn’t one upped you yet.” She chuckled as she picked her tea, Joori chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“He treats unnie really well too, I ran into them the other day.”

“So? He’s not good enough for her. Wait till your grandmother hears about this, her special Chaeyeon going out with someone like him.” Her mother chortled, Joori pursed her lips, she checked her phone. Yugyeom still hasn’t replied to her messages and returned any of her calls.

“Well, I guess this is what Chaeyeon deserves after being so bold and leaving the company to set out on her own. She thinks she’s all that just because her clothing line is doing well.”

“Look, eomma, I have some work I need to finish,”

“Good, good. They should know that you’re doing so well in the company.”

Joori sighed and she stood up, she grabbed her glass of water.

“I’ll be in my room, I have emails I need to check.” She murmured, she made her way to her room then her phone buzzed.

Sorry, can’t call you. I’m out with the guys.

Text you later? -Yugyeom

Joori shook her head, she tossed her phone across her bed and plopped down on the couch.

“He said the same thing last night.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stared at the flowers, trying to hide her disgust over them. Her gaze diverted towards the male before her.

“So, director Ko, would you like to talk about the terms first? For the first half of the year,”

“No, wait, president,” He said with a small smile, Chaeyeon pursed her lips and nodded for him to speak.

“I know, you wanted to talk here about business, but how about we toast over this first? It’s boring just to talk about work,”

Chaeyeon picked up her glass and raised it, he smiled and clinked his with hers.

“To new friendships.” He winked at her, Chaeyeon wanted to sigh, instead she took a small sip.

“Before that, I’d like to get to know you, president,”

“What do you want to know?”

“It’s so hard to set a meeting with you, and I’ve always been curious about you. You’re a beauty.”
Chaeyeon’s brows rose briefly as she felt the male’s shoe touch her leg, she shifted on her seat.

“Can’t we just talk about work instead? We met here because of business.”

“Hey, come on, don’t be too formal, president. I know you’re single, why not play a little bit?” He said as he tried to reach for her hand across the table, Chaeyeon pulled back. She pressed her lips together, not wanting to lose her cool in a public place. She didn’t want to lose her temper at this man, it wasn’t worth it. But it was getting extremely uncomfortable.

“I get what you mean, director Ko. But,”

“But what? Is the check still not enough for you? I can still throw in a couple of million.” He said cockily, Chaeyeon’s curled her fists in annoyance.

“Actually, I don’t think we’d be accepting your offer.”

“Why? We’re both young and single, we should at least have some fun.”

Oh screw this, Son Hyunwoo can probably take him on.

That guy is unreasonably strong for no reason.

“I have a boyfriend, director Ko, I don’t think he’d be pleased with what you’re trying to do now.” Chaeyeon said, she threw a glance at Sons again.

“Really? The people I’ve spoken to were sure that you don’t date, president.” He said with a small smirk as he leaned forward, Chaeyeon felt his shoe against her leg again and she stood up.

“Then, can I meet him?” He turned playful, teasing even.

“Of course.” Chaeyeon said, and then her feet were sending her towards the Sons’ table, Shownu was the first one to look up as she reached them.

“Chaeyeon-ah,”

“Is everything alright?” Mr. Son asked, Chaeyeon her lips and glanced behind her again, the male was still smiling at her and it creeped the hell out of the girl. Shownu followed her gaze and his brows went up.

“What’s wrong?” Shownu said as he held onto her wrist, Mrs. Son looked at the girl and she saw how her son was holding onto the girl.

“Can you join us for a bit?” She said quietly, Shownu nodded back and set his napkin aside.

“What is it?”

The Son elders looked on with curiosity, they didn’t expect that their son was close with Minhyuk’s Chaeyeon.

“He wants to meet my boyfriend.” Chaeyeon said with furrowed brows as they moved along, Mrs. Son almost dropped her spoon. Shownu glanced at her, noticing the girl’s discomfort, he put his palm on the small of her back.

“Did he make you uncomfortable?” He asked, he could feel the male’s eyes on them, Shownu’s lips curled up and he leaned down, whispering to her.

“Smile.” He said, Chaeyeon blinked at him, she turned to the male.

“Does it look I want to smile now? He had his foot going up my leg.”

Shownu paused, he had gone still for a moment, Chaeyeon noticed how his forehead creased and then they reached the table.

“You wanted to meet me?” Shownu asked, his tone was flat.

“And, you are?”

“Who do you think?” He replied, his tone was still formal but Chaeyeon started to grow a little worried.

“Is it really that bad, president? You couldn’t just tell me off yourself, now you pull a random person away from their table?” Director Ko cleared his throat, he looked uncertain as Shownu stood before him.

Shownu didn’t speak, he simply picked up Chaeyeon’s coat and purse from the chair.

“Why don’t you keep your hands and feet to yourself?” He said, the male’s eyes widened.

“Hey, if she leaves this table, then she loses me, her investor.”

“She doesn’t need a few of your millions, she has me.” Shownu smirked back at him, he took the girl’s hand in his and started pulling her with him.

“So, if he went all pushy, you could take him on, right?” Chaeyeon said as she let Shownu drag her along with him.

“Like, right now?”

“Yes, I was actually debating on that before going to you.”

“Then, you should have gone earlier right after he started making you feel uncomfortable.” Shownu replied, his tone a little chiding, Chaeyeon looked away, peeved. They reached the elders, and the two were staring at them.

Chaeyeon’s eyes widened, realizing what she had just done.

Oh, .

“So, you’re the girl our son is seeing, Minhyuk’s Chaeyeon.” Mrs. Son’s smile was growing wider by the second, Chaeyeon balked and turned to Shownu, but the latter just shrugged and went back to his seat.

“U—Uhm, actually,”

“Take a seat, I’ll order something for you.” Shownu said, not even bothered with his mother’s reaction.

“It’s true then? You’re Hyunwoo’s girlfriend?” Mrs. Son was beaming on her seat, Shownu pulled the chair for the girl.

“Y—Yes, auntie. I guess..that makes us official now, right, Son Hyunwoo?” She said as she elbowed him, he glanced at her in mid chew.

“Yes, Chaeyeon and I are together, eomma.” Shownu added, Chaeyeon wanted to press both her palms against her face.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

b9ab3a2deb2e7ddd3b499583923faf940a6722c5.gifv