049

You Got Me

 

 

 

“I asked if you were happy now that he made me abort the baby?”

Chaeyeon sat down between Minhyuk and Shownu, her eyes were on her cousin and the stranger.

“What’s that? Why is Joori…bathing in wine?” She hiccupped again, Shownu pushed the glass of water to her.

“W—What are you talking about?” Joori asked as she furtively glanced around her, guests were all staring at them.

“Why are you playing clueless? You’re the reason why he left me!” The woman screamed, Sophia turned to Minhyuk, stunned.

“I…I want to take it off.” Chaeyeon chuckled as she took a sip from her water, her friends’ heads turned to her.

“What?” Shownu panicked, the girl smiled as she faced him.

“Oh Chaeyeon, I swear to go~”

“My makeup.” She giggled at Minhyuk, the male’s eyes narrowed at her and he turned away.

“But, who is she? Was she pregnant? Where’s the baby?” Chaeyeon looked at the two women again.

“I was already nine weeks pregnant, but Yugyeom came to me and demanded that I lose the baby!”

There was an audible gasp from the guests, Joori’s mother looked pale on her seat. Chaeyeon’s hand flew to .

“L—Let’s t—talk about this outside.” Joori swallowed as she tried to sidestep the other girl, but the latter chuckled and pushed her back.

“No, let’s talk about it here. I know you rich kids work, you want to talk in private and have tables turn against me. You’re just like him.”

“I…I’m confused.” Chaeyeon murmured, Shownu turned to her and felt the girl hold onto his hand.

“Did you prepare this?” He asked, she shook her head at him.

“No, but I prepared this.” She smiled as she gestured to her dress and stockings, Shownu shook his head at her, Wonho shushed them.

“People should know, that bastard has been sleeping with me while going out with you.” The girl continued, Chaeyeon’s jaw dropped.

“The drama.” Chaeyeon gasped, Sophia sent her a look.

“They can hear you.” She warned her, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and finished her glass of water.

“Get out.” Joori stated at the girl, the latter laughed at her.

“Why? Are you embarrassed? You should know what kind of company you’re keeping.”

Joori didn’t know what to say, Chaeyeon’s forehead creased, finally getting the gist of what was happening.

“I heard you were even planning to ask him to move in with you, that’s pretty bold of you. You’re the reason why he wouldn’t come to me.”

“I..I don’t believe you. Get out.” Joori was seething, Chaeyeon looked at the other girl.

“He’s been acting weird lately, huh? Why do you think so?” She challenged the young Shinsegae executive. People had begun staring as the scene unfolded, and Joori could feel heat rise up her face.

“I..I should do something.” Chaeyeon murmured, the girl was about to stand but Shownu held onto her hand.

“She..She’s cornering her.” Chaeyeon swallowed, and then Yugyeom appeared, he ran towards the two women.

“H—Haneul,” He stammered when he saw her, Yugyeom stood between the two women.

“You bastard.” The girl spat as she slapped him, Joori took a step back and made Yugyeom face her.

“You….You…were cheating on me?” She choked, Chaeyeon saw two security guards running towards them and Haneul was being escorted away.

“Joori, I can explain~”

Joori shook her head and ran out of the room.

“Serves her right.” Sophia heartily chuckled as she started to eat, Chaeyeon was still staring at her cousin’s direction.

Guests were starting to murmur amongst themselves, Joori’s mother stood up and walked towards the stage.

“I..have to check on her. I’ll be fine.” Chaeyeon said, Shownu’s forehead creased but she smiled at him.

“After seeing that…I think I’m sobering up.” She stated, Shownu exhaled and slowly let go of her.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon grimaced as she almost lost her footing, she stepped out of the double doors and saw Yugyeom.

“Joori, wait, I can explain.” He spoke as he reached for her arm, Chaeyeon exhaled.

“Explain what? You know that girl.” She spat, Yugyeom paused and let go of her.

“I do. We..”

“You slept with her.”

Yugyeom swallowed and looked away.

“It was…a few months ago, we met at a party. She…But, Joori, she means nothing to me, she’s~”

“You think you’re going to make me believe that you only met her once?”

Chaeyeon stepped back, she looked at her fingers.

“You think I’d believe that? Chaeyeon unnie saw you.”

Chaeyeon stopped, she started to walk back towards the doors again.

“You’d really buy her story? Everybody knows she’s always out to get you. She’s always looked down on you, Joori.”

Chaeyeon halted, her lips pursing.

“Come on, even you said that she’s just faking it with the Samsung boy, why would you~”

“Ya, kid.” Chaeyeon turned to them, Joori’s eyes widened.

“Unnie,”

“You and I aren’t okay with yet,” Chaeyeon’s eyes went to the girl then she faced Yugyeom.

“You’re the one who just got caught cheating and yet you have the guts to used that tone on her?”

“Why? Isn’t it true? Or, you no longer want to pretend with him because he’s one of the Samsung sons?” Yugyeom chortled at her, Chaeyeon clucked her tongue.

“You know what, I never liked you.” The girl stated, Joori looked away.

“I saw you having with that girl at the back of Wonho oppa’s club, no wonder why she looked familiar, and you want Joori to think you only met that girl once?”

“Why don’t you shut your mouth, you’re a fraud, noona.” Yugyeom hissed, Chaeyeon chuckled and she met his gaze evenly.

“You know what the problem is,”

“You cheated on her and you won’t admit it. And now, everyone knows what you’ve done. You’re finished. No one will ever go out with you. Even business deals are over.” She was chuckling as she tried to remove her shoes, Joori looked at her in confusion.

“You’re drunk as and you want to argue with me? This is probably why Jinyoung hyung left you.”

“Hey, you’re one to judge, people just found out about you getting a girl pregnant and asking her to abort the baby.” She winked at him.

Yugyeom was about to lift his hand, but Chaeyeon rammed the heel of her Gucci platforms against his crotch. The male growled and he dropped on the marbled floor. Joori watched as Yugyeom rolled on the floor, writhing in pain.

Chaeyeon giggled and put her shoes back on.

“Let’s see if you can still make babies after that.” She winked again before hopping back to the doors. From afar, Wonho’s men could only stare at the young president, a little shocked but also proud of her. Chaeyeon was smiling as she walked in, she paused, noticing that Shownu was standing by the doorway.

“Hi.” She said to him, her cheeks still flushed.

“What did you do?”

She pointed to her heels with a huge grin, Shownu shook his head at her and took her hand.

“Wonho’s men called me when they saw you outside, but I see that you took care of Yugyeom by yourself.” Shownu stated, Chaeyeon let go of his hand and hooked arms with him instead.

“I got drunk for nothing. Not fun.” She made a face, Shownu turned to her.

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing. Do you think I’ll get yelled at? Eomma probably saw what I was doing.” She murmured as they went back to their table.

“Minhyuk will yell at you first, then your parents next.” Shownu joked before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“But I wasn’t lying, my boyfriend is hot~”

“Okay, let’s sit down and get some food inside you.” Shownu sighed and gently pulled her to her chair, Chaeyeon giggled again.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon groaned as her phone continued to vibrate on the bedside table, she grumbled as she turned away from the direction of the light.

And then she froze.

She slowly opened her eyes and froze again.

“This…isn’t my room.” She blurted out, she sat up and stilled. She looked around the room, her Balmain dress was carefully laid out on the leather couch, her shoes were there. But her stockings were see haphazardly tossed into the trash can.

The girl pushed the covers off her and paused, she recognized the set of the medals sitting on the shelf.

“Shownu’s guest room.” She stated as she slid down from the bed, she passed by the mirror and realized that she was wearing an oversized gray shirt and one of her pajamas. She tilted her head and made her way out of the room, she was about to call for him when something made her pause.

“Have you been working out lately? Suns out, guns out.”

“My boyfriend is so hot.”

“Oh god, no.” The girl grimaced, she looked around again, realizing that the hallway seemed empty, she quietly went down the steps.

“What was I thinking? Why did even drink?” She grumbled as images of her drunken self flashed in her head, she even remembered hitting Yugyeom where it hurt.

“My boyfriend is so hot? I should have drank mercury too!” She hissed at herself as she walked towards the backdoor that led to the garage.

“I’ll just call him later. He must still be sleeping.” She murmured, she stepped in the garage and walked towards Shownu’s Audi, but she heard something move from the back.

“Are you leaving?”

The girl stilled and turned, and it was there when she realized that Shownu had some workout equipment in his garage, and also, he was awake.

“Kind of?” She blurted out, Shownu let out a huff and slowly put the barbell down.

“Did you sleep well?” He sat up, Chaeyeon took a step back, realizing that he was without a shirt.

Is he doing this on purpose?

I’d like to take it back, but I can’t.

It’s true.

He is hot.

“How bad was it?” She sighed at him, Shownu chuckled and picked up his water.

“It wasn’t that bad. Sophia was here last night, she helped you change. I had stop her from burning your clothes.”

Chaeyeon grimaced and looked away.

“What happened last night? Is something bothering you?” Shownu stood up, Chaeyeon leaned against the Audi.

“I thought I could fix things with being drunk. Oh, not like that. Just…Did I cause trouble?” She asked as she crossed her arms.

“Not really, but you did fix some things.” He smiled, Chaeyeon started to look around.

“Were you trying to escape just now? Without even saying goodbye? Without breakfast?” Shownu said teasingly, Chaeyeon started walking around the garage.

“Oh Chaeyeon, what are you doing?”

“A shirt. Do you want one? Should I get~” Chaeyeon flinched when he stood before her, Shownu was smiling as he leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“You can’t leave without having breakfast. I’ll shower and then let’s eat.” He mused before walking back into the house, Chaeyeon exhaled and puffed her cheeks, she tried to open the Audi’s door again.

“I can’t escape him.” Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks and she went back into the house.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was seated on the carpet as she looked at the TV, she had her bowl of oatmeal on the table before her, there was a rerun of Pororo playing on the screen.

“I think it’s time we check the news.” She turned to Shownu who was sitting on the couch.

“Or be actual adults, whatever sounds better.”

“How are you not hungry?” Shownu mused at her as he switched channels, Chaeyeon shrugged and took another spoonful.

“I feel bad for skipping work.” She murmured, Shownu looked at the girl, he tilted his head.

“Hey, come here.” Shownu patted on the emprty space next to him, Chaeyeon glanced at him and shook her head.

“What now? Are you going to make me eat more? I can’t even finish this.” She pointed towards her bowl.

“I have some questions.” Shownu stretched his hand to her, Chaeyeon sighed and let the male pull her to his lap.

“Did something happened last night? You were drinking.” Shownu spoke, the girl grimaced and shook her head.

“Is someone bothering you?”

“No, I decided..to get drunk and be this huge mess so that Joori wouldn’t pick on you.” She trailed off as she looked at her nailbeds.

“Explain so I can understand.” Shownu grinned at her.

“I had a feeling she’d bring up the whole fake dating thing, because our story has so many holes. So, I drank and hoped that my tipsy self would be enough distraction. So no one would listen to her. All eyes on me, and not on you.”

“But, you can’t even handle your alcohol, what if something bad happened?” Shownu asked, his tone soft. Chaeyeon scrunched her nose and just buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“I won’t do it again.”

“No, you can drink anytime you want, just call me when you have plans to.”

“I won’t do it again, my head feels like it’s about to burst.” She grumbled, Shownu chuckled and wrapped one arm around her waist.

“Want to ditch work today?”

“Aren’t we already doing that? It’s already ten.”

He nodded, and Chaeyeon pulled back to meet his gaze.

“You were worried that they’d pick on me again, thanks for doing that.”

She rolled her eyes at him, Shownu smiled.

“They always did pick on you, not knowing you can literally throw humans against walls, but need to know basis, right?” Chaeyeon replied as she fiddled with the collar of the sweater he was wearing.

“Right, need to know.” Shownu mused before pressing his lips against hers.

“Did everyone here me calling you hot?” She whispered, Shownu chuckled.

“Do you really want to know?”

Chaeyeon groaned and just buried her face against his chest again, Shownu smiled and gently patted her back.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++