039

You Got Me

 

 

Shownu glanced up as his friend walked in his office, Wonho grinned at him before saying hi to the older male’s secretary.

“And, sir, this is what you asked for, the files on Park Holdings. Like what the other directors has said last week,”

Wonho paused, he slowly sat down.

“Four shareholders have decided to sell. We are still waiting for the confirmation of the rest, but from what I’ve heard, there seem to be no problem at all, they are just waiting for some time.”

“Good, update me once they’ve decided. You may go.”

Wonho waited for the other male to leave before speaking, Shownu was already on his laptop.

“Hey, are you really serious about this? Chaeyeon might not like it.”

He noticed how Shownu’s forehead creased briefly, and then he faced him.

“I don’t think he’ll back down if I don’t do this.”

“Back down? Son Hyunwoo, I don’t think he can even be within a mile radius of Chaeyeon without Minhyuk or Soph having his head. And,” Wonho scrunched his nose.

“There’s you.” He finished, Shownu didn’t react. He simply shut his laptop close and leaned back on his chair.

“He can’t keep on trying to..get her back.”

Wonho’s brows went up, Shownu loosened his tie and exhaled.

“You….This isn’t like you.”

Shownu remained quiet, Wonho smiled to himself and he stood up.

“I don’t think you would have to deal with this problem if only Chaeyeon knows…how you feel about her.”

“You see, impressive boyfriend, I highly doubt that Chaeyeon would even glance at Jinyoung’s way again. That won’t ever happen. So, I don’t see the point of you being like this.”

“Don’t you want to protect her from him? You’re her head of security.”

“Of course, I do. But, do I want to buy his family’s company because I’m bored?” Wonho replied, Shownu looked away from him.

“This might get you in trouble with Yeon. Think about it. Or better yet,” He continued as he approached the windows.

“You tell her how you feel.”

“I don’t want to scare her away, I like where we are now.”

“No, you don’t.” Wonho stated, Shownu didn’t speak.

“I really don’t get you two, you’ve both met each other’s families, you’re as official as it gets, so why~”

The doors suddenly swung open, Wonho almost jumped to the shelves. Chaeyeon was smiling at them.

“Hi! Oh, oppa, you’re here.” She chuckled before walking over to them, Shownu eyed his friend warily.

“Hi, headache. What brings you here to your impressive boyfriend’s office?” Wonho said, the girl grew amused with his words before setting down the box of sandwiches she had with her.

“I just came by to drop these off, and my parents are back home so, I’ll be busy for a while.” She said, Wonho pouted at her. Shownu smiled and extended one arm to her, the girl shook her head and let the male pull her to the arm of his chair.

“How’s work?” She asked him before kissing the side of his head, Wonho hid his giggle.

“It was fine.”

“Your Shownu is on his way to acquire another company, work’s fine for him.” Wonho stated, he flinched when Shownu picked up his penholder, but Chaeyeon turned to him and he set it down.

“Which company?”

“Just..a small one. Do you need me to drive you back?” He gestured for her to stand.

“No, I came with my mother. I’ll see you tomorrow. Or later. Whatever.” She shrugged, the girl bumped fists with Wonho and Shownu walked her to the doors.

“One is an idiot, the other one is still my headache.” Wonho murmured to himself before helping himself to a sandwich.

“How were things last night?” Shownu spoke as they walked towards the elevator, the girl let out a small laugh.

“Eomma didn’t like how my father said hi to your car first, she thinks it was rude of him. But, she likes you, she plans on cooking her famous pot roast and soft tofu stew when you come over. My father intends to show his vintage Toyota Supra and Porsche 911 Turbos. So, be prepared.” She said as she hooked arms with him.

“I should have gone back in the car, huh?”

“No, it’s good you met them. Your parents have always been nice to me, the other day, your mother sent me a flower arrangement and these amazing macarons. I don’t know what to send her back, does she like clothes? I have some pieces~”

“Why are you babbling today? Did you get your second cup of coffee a little too early?”

Chaeyeon’s lips thinned and she glared at him, Shownu chuckled and pressed the elevator button.

“Whatever you plan on sending, I’m sure she’ll love it.”

“Of course I worry, we’re lying to them in broad daylight.” She said to him, Shownu paused briefly, but he smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

Chaeyeon stilled, surprised.

“Drive safely, I know you don’t want me to walk you to the lobby.”

The doors pinged open, Chaeyeon slowly nodded at him before speaking.

“You’re right. See you.”

 

 

 

“Of course, the one day you want to do grocery shopping, oppa’s unavailable.” Chaeyeon murmured as she pushed the cart, her father smiled and nudged her shoulder. He was showing her his coat pocket, Chaeyeon sighed at him. The Kia executive had stocked his Armani suit coat pocket with different sweet treats he brought from their trip.

“Abeoji,”

He shushed her and handed her a raspberry flavored gummy, Chaeyeon walked after her mother.

“What do we need, eomma? I just stocked the fridge a few days ago.” She said as her mother checked the meat display.

“What does Hyunwoo like to eat?”

“Well..everything.” Chaeyeon scratched the back of her head, Shownu never really had issues with food, he wasn’t a picky eater. Not at all. She felt her mother eye her warily, Chaeyeon shrugged at her.

“It’s nice you’ve met someone who can keep up, with you, daughter. A man patient enough to understand you. I see that he isn’t the type to call you a lot.”

Chaeyeon glanced at her mother and picked up a bag of fresh carrots.

“He’s busy too, eomma. We don’t really talk on the phone often.” Chaeyeon replied, she nodded to herself, realizing things. Shownu wasn’t the type to call a lot, he does but its only to check in on her and ask if she wants to eat out.

“I don’t mean to compare,” Mrs. Oh continued as they reached the produce section, her husband was busy chewing on some chocolate gummy bears behind her. Chaeyeon pushed the cart forward while also nibbling on candy.

“I remember that other young man, he always came over at the house, and kept on calling you. Hat must have been tiring, huh?”

Chaeyeon’s forehead creased at the mention of Jinyoung, but she nodded back.

“Well, yes.”

“I like this Son boy. Maybe you should~”

“Eomma, please.” Chaeyeon sighed, the elders chuckled at their youngest and moved along.

“Unnie, you really are back.”

The Ohs paused, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes so hard that her father had to nudge her.

“Yes, we just got back a few days ago. Joori, hello.” Mrs. Oh greeted her sister with a quick hug, Joori gave the lady a polite bow. Chaeyeon felt her phone ping, she took it out.

Are you busy tomorrow?- Shownu

Her brows rose briefly before typing to say that she wasn’t, Shownu’s reply came a few seconds later. Chaeyeon tried to tune out her aunt and cousin’s voices.

Can I come by and pick you up? I need help with furniture shopping. -Shownu

Chaeyeon sent him back and thumbs up emoji.

I see you’re not in the mood to text. Don’t murder anyone without telling Wonho first.

Enjoy your day.- Shownu

Chaeyeon shook her head and put her phone back in her purse, she made the mistake of making eye contact with her aunt, the girl sighed and put her purse on the cart.

“Right, unnie, have you met the young man? The Samsung boy Chaeyeon’s been going out with?”

“We did, we already met him.” Mrs. Oh said with a careful smile.

“I think Chaeyeon, you should be careful, rich boys like him, they’re not easy to deal with. Who knows, he might just be playing you.” Her aunt spoke, Chaeyeon pressed her lips together.

“I don’t think he’s like that, he’s technically a family friend. Our mother knows his grandmother.” Mrs. Oh said trying to divert her sister’s attention, she could sense her daughter’s mood changing.

“Still, he doesn’t seem the type to take things seriously, I’m just worried for her, unnie.”

“Eomma’s right, unnie, he does look like a player. Be careful.” Joori commented, and that was the beginning of the end.

Chaeyeon exhaled and faced the two, Mr. Oh slowly backed away, not wanting to be a casualty.

“Sure, I should be careful. I don’t understand this, do you two have no lives? Why do you keep on trying to step into mine?” Chaeyeon stated, her mother halted.

“First, you pick on me because I don’t have a man on my side. Now, you want to pick on Son Hyunwoo too? What has he ever done to you? Ah, right, he made you look bad after you were badmouthing him at halmae’s party. I remember now, auntie. You always talked down about him, claiming that he was just some common laborer, when there’s nothing wrong with that. Now, you have nothing else to say, he’s Minhyuk’s cousin, and a Samsung son. Is it also a flaw of his that his family is too powerful? Should we focus on that now?”

“Chaeyeon, you~”

“No, I get to talk to now. There is nothing wrong with him, so, if you even try coming for him again, you’ll be facing me.” Chaeyeon stated, her mother grimaced and looked away.

The girl’s lips quirked up as she looked at Joori.

“And, instead of always being so interested in my boyfriend, which is a little disturbing by the way. How about you check on Yugyeom? The last time I saw him, he was humping a girl at the back of a club,”

“Unnie!”

“I’ll text you the address.” Chaeyeon chuckled before walking away from them.

 

 

 

Shownu tapped on the red button, the treadmill pulled to a stop. He was panting as he picked up his phone, it was ringing.

“Minhyuk-ah,” He breathed as he stepped down from the device, the male made his way towards the pull-up bar.

“Hyung, is Chaeyeon with you?”

“No, she went out with her parents to do some grocery shopping.” Shownu said as he picked up his water bottle.

“Hyung, that was this morning. It’s already noon.”

Shownu paused, his brows went up. He saw Wonho walking over to him, he was checking his phone.

“She’s been untraceable for hours, hyung. The Oh elders thought she was with you that’s why they didn’t bother to call.”

Shownu exhaled, he ran his fingers through his damp hair.

“She left her purse with them, her phone’s there too. I’m going to go check her office and studio.” Minhyuk stated before ending the call, Shownu turned to his friend.

“Your headache.” He stated as he gathered his things, Wonho nodded back at him.

“I know, Soph just texted me. Apparently she got pissed and walked out earlier. I’ll go make some calls.” Wonho said before moving away, Shownu walked to the locker room to change.

He got out of the building and jogged to his car, his phone started to ring again. It was his secretary.

“Yes,”

“Sir, I have just been informed that someone has been trying to check in your travel records, as well as president Oh’s.”

Shownu paused, he put the Audi on reverse.

“What?”

“I checked on it, and it’s the same person who has been trying to find out more about you and director Lee.”

“Even Wonho?” Shownu murmured as he reached the main road, his forehead creased.

“Park Holdings, sir. Well, to be exact, their vice president, Park Jinyoung.”

 

 

 

“A ing disaster.” Chaeyeon said as she eyed the Porsche with intense hatred, she had left the hood open and didn’t mind to even check on it.

She was done with the car.

She was done with Joori and her aunt.

She was just done.

Losing her temper in front of them felt nice, finally being able to say out loud that Yugyeom was cheating on Joori made her feel somewhat bad but, she didn’t care. She knew what she saw.

But, she could still feel it. She was so angry at them.

“Because, Son Hyunwoo.” She grumbled as she plopped down on the wooden bench, she had driven to the farthest park her GPS directed her to, and she regretted it.

I got angry because of Son Hyunwoo. Nice.

She drummed her fingers on her lap and sighed again, she didn’t even have her purse with her. No wallet, no cellphone and worse, she left the packet of orange taffy at the cart too.

“I was driving without a license. Hah.”

“Oh Sehun’s sister, what are you doing here?”

The girl jumped, and looked up.

“O—Oppa,” She blurted, the male glanced over his shoulder and noticed the car.

“Car broke down?”

“Want to help me push it off a cliff?”

Chanyeol chuckled and plopped down beside her, Chaeyeon grinned at him.

“I was here to shoot something, then I noticed this familiar Porsche. Do you need a ride back home?”

“Yes, please.”

The two crossed the parking lot, Chaeyeon climbed into the Mercedes Wagon and smiled to herself.

“Well, at least, I was able to take advantage of Oh Sehun’s popularity and network.” She murmured, Chanyeol laughed and started backing out of the park.

“How’s everything lately, oppa? I enjoyed your latest album with my brother.” Chaeyeon spoke, Chanyeol grinned at her and stepped on the gas.

“Work is alright, mostly I’ve been focusing on music, and some shoots. You? I’ve already RSVP-d for your event.”

“A little hectic for me, but I’m glad you’re coming.”

“Hey, you don’t have your phone with you, right? Want to make a call?” Chanyeol pointed towards his phone, the girl shook his head.

“It’s fine, oppa. You’re driving me home anyway.”

“Still, they must be looking for you.” Chanyeol commented, Chaeyeon shook her head at him and leaned back on the chair.

The two chatted comfortably as Chanyeol drove, soon they were already a few blocks away from the Oh residence.

“We’re here,” Chanyeol commented as he eased into the curb, Chaeyeon glanced out the window and she paused. Minhyuk was talking with her mother outside the doors, while Shownu was leaning against his Audi with his arms crossed.

“Oh no.” She mumbled under her breath.

“So, no one’s looking for you, huh.” Chanyeol commented as the car pulled to a full stop. Minhyuk looked up as Chaeyeon slid down from the car.

“Wow, look who decided to finally show up.” Minhyuk commented, Mrs. Oh sighed at her daughter.

“The next time you storm off, you should at least take your phone, dear. We were all so worried.” She chided at her, Minhyuk shook his head at Chaeyeon and followed the elder into the house.

“And, Chanyeol, thank you for driving her home. Come inside and join us for some tea.” Mrs. Oh called out, Chanyeol padded after the two.

Chaeyeon pressed her palms together and glanced at the male, she could see how his eyebrows were slightly knitted together.

“So,” She said as she walked to him, Shownu met her gaze.

“I…had to step out for a bit, and the Porsche died. Again.” Chaeyeon carefully said, Shownu’s forehead creased but he nodded at her.

“I…left my purse back at the mall.”

“I know, everyone’s been trying to reach you the whole afternoon.”

Chaeyeon winced, then she noticed two men in black suits standing by a dark colored SUV, she turned to Shownu again.

“I needed some air. I got…We ran into Joori and her mom. I’m sorry, I should have..called.” She murmured while looking at her nailbeds, Shownu exhaled.

“I was worried something happened, why do you always do this to me, Oh Chaeyeon?”

Chaeyeon’s brows rose, she puffed her cheeks and looked away.

“I..didn’t know…it’s not that big of a deal. I was at this park and I realized I left my phone, I ran into my brother’s bandmate and~”

Shownu sighed, he reached for her hand and gently pulled the girl to him, Chaeyeon blinked as he wrapped his arms around her.

“You got me worried.” Shownu softly stated, Chaeyeon pursed his lips before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I got angry, that’s why I needed to….disappear for a bit.” She whispered back, Shownu’s lips curled up and he kissed her cheek.

“What made you angry?” He asked just as two SUVs rolled into the property, Chaeyeon looked at the vehicles.

“Just…people. Is that..”

“Yup, you’re in trouble with your Wonho oppa too, I’ll see you inside.” Shownu chuckled before dropping his arms to his sides and making his way to the house.

“Shownu~”

“Oh Chaeyeon, you!”

“Wonho oppa,…hi!”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++