028

You Got Me

 

 

 

Chaeyeon sat down and put her palms on her lap, she could feel Shownu’s gaze on her as she tried to pull herself together.

“You’re out of your mind.” Minhyuk’s voice made her look up, he was standing across their table.

“How could you follow him out there?” He continued, still using that cold tone of his.

“Minhyuk-ah, he just~”

“What? He just wanted to talk? Take a look at yourself now.” He shot back at her, Chaeyeon looked away, her lips quivered.

“Lee Minhyuk, stop it.” Shownu said evenly, the younger male let out a shaky breath, Sophia appeared behind him. She took a quick glance at Chaeyeon and she gently placed her hand on Minhyuk’s arm.

“Hey, let’s step out for a bit. Some fresh air would do you good,” She softly said to him.

“Hyung, keep him away from her.” Minhyuk stated before moving away from them, Shownu watched as Soph went with his cousin.

“Do you want something to drink? I’ll get you~” Shownu was about to stand but the girl reached for his hand and shook her head.

“No, I’m fine.” She blurted out, she finally faced him and he saw how her forehead was damp with cold sweat. His forehead creased, he couldn’t understand why his cousin was angry with the male from earlier. Minhyuk was always the bubbly one, and it wasn’t like him to throw fists at someone.

But, Chaeyeon. He’s never seen her like this, color had drained from her face and she looked terrified. He wanted to ask her why. But he didn’t want to intrude.

“I’m sure you have questions.” Chaeyeon was still holding onto the sleeve of his tuxedo jacket.

“If you want to talk about it, then it’s okay, Chaeyeon-ah.” Shownu gently took her hand in his, the girl exhaled and met his gaze.

“That was my ex-boyfriend.” She softly said, Shownu nodded back at her, he leaned forward and gently tucked her hair behind her ear.

“Minhyuk hates him.” She said with a small smile.

“I noticed that.” He said, Chaeyeon exhaled and she stood up. Shownu followed her and she felt his palm on her back, and she let out a small sigh.

It’s okay, it’s just him.

Son Hyunwoo is okay.

“You’re not going to ask why.” She murmured as they walked across the hall, Shownu tilted his head before shaking it.

“You can tell me why, if you want to.”

“But you want to know.” Chaeyeon stated, Shownu paused, he gently steered her so that she was facing him.

“I want to know why he makes you uncomfortable, and I don’t like how he acts infront of you. But,” Shownu smiled before pulling the girl to his chest and wrapping his arms around her frame.

“I can see how much this stresses you out, so I don’t want to ask questions. You’re still shaking.” He murmured as he tightened his arms around her, Chaeyeon closed her eyes and let his familiar warmth engulf her.

“He’s gone now, your head of security really is something.” Shownu murmured, still not letting go of her.

“I know, I still have no idea how I managed to afford him.”

Shownu’s deep laughs vibrated from his chest and Chaeyeon couldn’t help but smile as she pressed her cheek against the front of his shirt.

 

 

 

Minhyuk leaned placed his palms on the balustrade and exhaled.

“What was that?” Sophia spoke as she stood beside him, the girl crossed her arms as the chilly night breeze hit her.

“I know you’ve always been against him, but..that was too much.” She continued, Minhyuk shook off his coat and put it around her.

“He shouldn’t even be allowed to breathe around her.” He muttered as he leaned against the balustrade and looked at the hotel’s manicured gardens before them.

“Why?” She asked, and as soon as she did, Minhyuk’s lips thinned and he looked away.

“What happened to them? How come I have no idea that they already ended things?”

“A lot of things happened when you left.”

“Was that a jab at me? Because, we’re not talking about that right now. I want to know why you are so mad with him that you’d be willing to embarrass yourself in front of all those people.”

Minhyuk’s forehead creased and the girl saw how he clenched and unclenched his jaw.

“Take a walk with me?” He said as he offered his arm to her, Soph sighed at him and hooked her arms with his.

“I thought things were okay with them when I left.” She said as they went down the marble steps, Minhyuk shook his head.

“No. Jinyoung..from the very beginning, it was pretty obvious that he wanted to control her, Soph.”

Sophia remained silent as they reached the gardens.

“He thought he should become the center of her world. He wanted to own her. And that’s what I didn’t like about him.”

“But, did you really have to punch him.” Sophia stopped walking and she stood in front of the male.

“Chaeyeon’s family to me. I can….I don’t want to ever see her like that again.” Minhyuk stated, Sophia paused, she grew confused.

“W—What are you talking about?”

“He…He shouldn’t be even around women, Sophia.”

 

 

 

Shownu his lips and glanced at the girl briefly, Chaeyeon had been quiet ever since they left the party. He shifted gears and decided to talk.

“We didn’t tell anyone we’d be leaving.”

“Everyone’s busy, don’t worry about it.” She replied, Shownu nodded back, sensing the girl’s mood.

“I know, I’m being weird. I’m sorry,” She shrugged without looking at him, Shownu smiled and leaned back against his seat.

“Don’t be. So,” He begun, Chaeyeon was staring at the window.

“Soph mentioned something about an island getaway.”

“Oh god, no.” Chaeyeon grimaced and she turned to him, Shownu smiled at her and turned his eyes on the road again.

“What is it? Your grandmother’s birthday?”

“Yes, it’s this..weekend thing she does every year. All her kids, and grandkids are obliged to come, we all get bungalows of our own. She was obsessed over that resort in Maldives, she had it replicated.”

“Sounds fun.”

“Want me to invite you?” She scrunched her nose at him, Shownu paused before speaking.

“Do you want me there?”

“I mean, do you want to spend your precious weekend with the Shinsegae people? Because, honestly, I wouldn’t opt for that. But my other cousins are pretty cool so, I’ll just hang out with their kids.”

He laughed and leaned over to cup her cheek briefly.

“It’s two nights, Son Hyunwoo.” She stated as they neared the Oh house, Shownu nodded back.

“Aren’t you busy? You mentioned that your father’s side of the family needs your help.” She continued as he drove into the property, the girl paused when she saw a familiar Ferrari parked by their garage.

“It’s two nights, right? I’ll be there. Should I pick you up for the airport?”

“Hey, you don’t have to do this. I’m sure you have some things you want to do as well.”

Shownu put the car on park and faced her.

“I mean it, I feel like I’ve been hogging all your time. It’s not right.” She said, she saw Minhyuk silde down from the car and he was looking at them.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu spoke, the girl turned to him.

“I’ll be there, don’t worry about it.”

“But, it’s~”

“It’s decided then. I’ll see you tomorrow?” He chuckled before leaning over to kiss the side of her head.

“Are you dismissing me right now?”

“Minhyuk’s just right there, I don’t want to be involved with whatever is about to go down between you two.” He jokingly said, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks.

“He’s still mad at me, huh?”

“He’ll come around, you're Minhyuk’s Chaeyeon afterall.”

Chaeyeon glanced at her friend again, Shownu slid down from the car to opened the door for her.

“Don’t leave me.” Chaeyeon mumbled under her breath as she held onto her purse.

“You two need to talk, and,”

“And, what?” She exhaled as she saw Minhyuk lean against his car.

“I’m only a few houses away. You got me.” He winked at her before getting back inside the Mustang and driving away.

“Are you okay?” Minhyuk walked to her, Chaeyeon’s forehead creased and she nodded at him.

“I know you’re not, Chaeyeon-ah. Just..why…why would you go with him?” Minhyuk sounded exhausted as he stood before her.

“M—Minhyuk-ah, I—I wasn’t expecting to see him there. I thought he left the country for good.”

“Did you miss him?” He said to her, Chaeyeon looked away and the male sighed.

“Chaeyeon-ah, you can’t…you can’t let him in again.”

“I know.” She swallowed, Minhyuk opened his arms to her.

“No matter how annoying you are, I still don’t want you hurt.” He said as the girl went into his arms.

“Minhyuk…he just wanted to talk.”

“Sure, didn’t he say the same thing back then?” He snapped at her, Chaeyeon flinched and he let go of her.

“It..That was..nothing. He was drunk.”

“Drunk enough to pin you down~”

“Lee Minhyuk.” Chaeyeon said, her tone was arctic, he looked away and let out a shaky breath.

“I don’t care what you say, but he will be kept away from you.”

“Sophia’s asking questions, Chaeyeon. I don’t know how to deal with that.” He added, Chaeyeon looked away and crossed her arms.

“It’s your decision if you want to tell her, I just came by to check on you. I’m still mad though.” Minhyuk spat, but she could sense that he had dropped the topic, for now.

“You three had to settle things.”

“Really? Did something change?” He said dryly as he patted her hair down, Chaeyeon faced him before smiling.

“Something did.” She hummed back at him as they walked towards the house.

“I doubt that, brat.”

“Trust me, something did.”

“I’m still not getting you those Chanel boots.”

“But you promised!”

“I’m still mad at you!” Minhyuk rolled his eyes at him, and then he glanced back at the Maserati parked beside his car, his lips quirked up.

Son Hyunwoo really is in danger.

 

 

 

“Eomma, hi.” Chaeyeon grimaced as she plugged her right Airpod in, she slid down from her car and secretary Yang drove off.

“Where have you been? Why are you so hard to contact?”

“Why don’t you just ask the questions, eomma. I know why you’re calling.” She murmured as she crossed ShinHan Financial Group’s main lobby.

“Your brother already told us about your boyfriend.”

“H—He did?” Chaeyeon murmured, she smiled at the employees who greeted her, she got inside the elevator and balanced the two coffees she had with her.

“Y—You’re not…going to ask me things?”

“I heard he’s Minhyuk’s cousin, do we really need to? And knowing you, you’re very picky with boys.”

“Boys.” Chaeyeon repeated, her thoughts went to Shownu.

I don’t think he’d count as one of the “boys”.

He’s a man.

“Yes…I think?”

“Son Hyunwoo. He’s three years older than you. He works for ShinHan now, but his father is part of the Samsung clan. And, he runs an auto shop with a friend.” Her mother recited, Chaeyeon halted but the elevator doors opened and she stepped out.

“Eomma, are you a gangster?”

“This is what your brother told us, anyway, we’ll see you both when we get back, dear. I hope you enjoy your grandmother’s birthday weekend.”

Chaeyeon put her phone back in her purse, she made her way through the halls, she was going to drop by Minhyuk’s office first.

“Do you think that’s acceptable? Is the company a playground to you, director Son?”

Chaeyeon stopped walking, she looked around and notice two shadows not far from her, she walked towards the direction of the voice.

She recognized one of the company’s directors, director Hong.

“No, director Hong. We’ve been trying to reach their side for two days, but~”

“And you couldn’t find a better approach? You had to call the president like that?” Director Hong said, his tone irked the girl and some people were watching them too. Her lower lip jutted out and she moved forward.

“Director Hong,” She spoke, the two men turned to her, she felt Shownu’s gaze on her.

“Young miss,” Director Hong smiled at her, she pursed her lips.

“What are you doing?”

“Ah, I was just telling director~”

“I know. But, what are you doing? Why are you berating your boss in public?” She continued, not minding to lower her voice. The older male was stunned and his forehead creased, Chaeyeon raised her brows at him.

“I understand you’re frustrated with some things, but must you do it publicly like this?”

Shownu glanced at the girl, he gently placed his palm on her back.

“I—It’s not that, young miss, I was just~”

“Or are you just power tripping? Because director Son is younger than you and he tolerates your terrible personality, you think you can do this to him?”

“I don’t think you should be doing this, young miss. You’re not his wife, this isn’t your company as well.”

“Director Hong,” Shownu intervened, but Chaeyeon’s chuckle made him pause.

“You also do this to Minhyuk, do you actually think that your words would get to me?” She crossed her arms, she glanced at the employees who were passing by and her lips curled up.

“Should I call up manager Shin of Monaco?”

Shownu noticed how the male visibly paled at the girl’s words, he turned to Chaeyeon again.

“I guess you haven’t heard of Monaco,” She said to Shownu, the latter could only nod back.

“Y—Young miss, it—it doesn’t have to be~”

“Monaco is a popular club here, for gentlemen. You know, that type of club.” She let out a chuckle, Shownu grimaced and director Hong looked away.

“Young miss, please don’t do this. I apologize for speaking like that.” He pleaded with the girl, Shownu’s brows went up in surprise, he had never heard the male speak like this.

“Not to me.” Chaeyeon snorted at him before walking away, director Hong bowed to Shownu.

“It won’t happen again, director Son. I hope you’ll let this one slide.” He said in low tones, Shownu could only nod back at him and he jogged after the girl.

“You’re…scary.” He said as he reached her, Chaeyeon shrugged at him and handed him his Americano.

“I’m a little hungry.” She replied as she let Shownu kiss the side of her head.

“You’re better than Wonho.” Shownu said as he took a small sip.

“That’s how business works, impressive boyfriend.”

“No, you’re just scary.” Shownu chuckled as he opened the door for her.

“And you’re too nice. It drives me crazy sometimes.” She shot back at him as they walked into Minhyuk’s office, Shownu smiled to himself and sipped on his coffee again.

“Same here.” He whispered as he followed her in.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++