032

You Got Me

 

 

 

“Your grandmother mentioned how you had this almost every day.” Shownu said as he stepped out of the shop with a huge ice cream cone in hand, Chaeyeon was leaning against the Rolls Royce’s hood and grinned at him.

“Not almost, maybe…four times a week? It’s amazing I still have my teeth.” She stated as she took it from him, Shownu smiled and stood next to her.

“Are you okay?” He asked as he stuck his spoon against her ice cream and took a bit, Chaeyeon grew amused and let him get more. It was already late in the night, and it was the only shop open around the town.

“I’m sorry if I’m being weird, it’s just…my phone’s been ringing the whole day, and it’s..not just work calling me.”

“Is someone bothering you?” Shownu asked her, his forehead creasing slightly.

“If that came from Wonho oppa’s mouth, I would be worried. But now, hearing you say it, I don’t know if I should tell.” She said jokingly, Shownu his lips he stood in front of the girl and lifted her onto the car’s hood. Chaeyeon paused, suddenly too aware of his hands on her waist.

“You can tell me anything, what’s wrong?” He asked, his eyes widened, realizing what he had just done.

“I—I’m sorry.” He blurted out, Chaeyeon broke into a smile and shook her head at him.

“Jinyoung’s been calling me. I don’t know how he got my number. I don’t know what bothers me more,” She murmured quietly.

“Having to actually talk to him, or Minhyuk finding out that he’s calling me.” She sighed, Shownu glanced at her, he pursed his lips before speaking.

“Does…he still affect you?”

Chaeyeon stretched her legs before her, but Shownu could see how troubled she was.

“I want to think that he..doesn’t. But, to be honest,” Chaeyeon trailed off, she looked at her wrists and exhaled.

“Let’s not talk about him.” She said as she slid down from the car, Shownu looked at her.

“I never talk about him, it’s weird. But, now you know.” She shrugged at him and smiled.

“Do I?” Shownu said, Chaeyeon pressed her lips together before leaning over to button his shirt to his neck.

“Lower your head.” She said, Shownu blinked back at her, but he lowered his head. And then his eyes widened as she felt Chaeyeon tug on his sleeves and she kissed the side of his head.

“You do.” She chuckled before getting in the car. Shownu turned away and let out a shaky breath before walking around the driver’s seat.

“You always do that, I feel bad for not being the fake girlfriend that I should be. We’re even now, right?” She asked as he started the engine.

“We are.” Shownu mused and gestured for her to finish her ice cream.

 

 

 

Minhyuk was checking on his phone while waiting for the meeting to start, he saw his secretary step in the hall.

“Sir,” He spoke in hushed tones, Minhyuk nodded for him to continue.

“I got a call earlier, it’s regarding…the..case.”

Minhyuk paused, he stood up and the two males discreetly left the hall. The ShinHan executive exhaled and loosened his tie before speaking.

“What do you mean?”

“Someone’s poking around the reports, sir. They even managed to call the police and the prosecutor about it. They also have been trying to get information about Park Jinyoung.”

“Them? Who’s them?”

He saw how his secretary hesitated for a bit.

“Director Lee, sir.”

“Lee? Wait, Wonho?” Minhyuk halted, the other male slowly nodded, his forehead still creasing.

“So, Chaeyeon’s head of security is looking into him.” His lips slowly curled up, his secretary paused at his tone.

“What should we do, sir? If he finds out~”

“Let him look into everything. This is a good thing, he wont read anything about the case, but he’ll get the gist of it. And when he does, Shownu hyung will hear of it.”

“Sir,”

“Then hyung will throw a party for Park Jinyoung. Perfect.” Minhyuk laughed and took out his phone, his secretary could only watch as his boss hopped to his office.

“He…He might die.”

“Chaeyeon-ah, what’s up?” Minhyuk spoke as soon as his friend answered.

“Hi, we just had breakfast. Shownu’s already on his way to the airport.”

“Huh?”

“He had to leave, it’s a work emergency. A Samsung thing. How did your meeting go? Soph mentioned that you two were supposed to watch a movie later.” She said, Minhyuk paused and nodded.

“Yes, I’ll be picking her up. Will you be fine alone? You don’t fly back till tomorrow.” He murmured as he walked to the windows, his laptop pinged and he turned. He had just received and email from Wonho’s office, his brows rose and he smiled to himself.

“It’s fine. I stocked the bungalow with food.”

“Be careful, don’t roam around at night.”

“Yes.”

“Hyung shouldn’t have left you there.”

“Minhyuk-ah, let me remind you. He’s not really my~”

“Eh. I’m not buying that anymore. Bye.” Minhyuk said as he ended the call, he opened Wonho’s email and he had attached Jinyoung’s personal data and even his police records.

The male wrote a message for him

I’m assuming you know more than this, Lee Minhyuk.

 

 

 

Shownu flexed his neck as he followed his father out of the conference hall, the supposedly two hour event had turned into four and he had a feeling he was going to get a migraine from it.

“That was something, huh?” Wonho said as he walked up to him, Shownu loosened his tie and took it off.

“Aigoo, no Chaeyeon to fix it for you?” Wonho said teasingly, Shownu waved him off.

“When are you meeting with KangSan Construction for this? Do you need my help?” Shownu asked as they excused themselves from the rest of the Samsung execs, the two stepped out of the room.

“No, it’s alright. I can handle it.”

“But,” Wonho begun, the male turned to him.

“Aren’t you curious? About that Park Jinyoung?”

Shownu paused, Wonho saw how the male’s brows went up but thenhe shook his head.

“Chaeyeon doesn’t like talking about him. Why? Did you have find something?”

Wonho was about to speak but Shownu’s phone started ringing, he took it out and Wonho gestured that he’d be going to his office.

“Min~”

“Hyung, have you heard from Chaeyeon?”

“No, I just got out of the conference. She texted me earlier, but..Why?”

“Joori and Sera noona just called me, they haven’t seen her since they had lunch.” Minhyuk said, Shownu looked at the windows, the sun was starting to set outside, he checked the time on his watch, it was already four in the afternoon.

“I’ve been trying to call her, but I can’t reach her, hyung. They even have their staff looking for her, still no sign of Chaeyeon.”

Shownu’s thoughts went to the resort staff he had seen running around the first day they landed, his forehead creased.

“I heard the resort staff talking, apparently they think there’s a prowler around.”

“I’ll fly back. Have you spoken to her secretary?” Shownu jogged to the elevators.

“I’m about to call him now, but hyung, I really can’t reach her. Her phone’s probably off.” Minhyuk said worriedly, Shownu nodded back and ended the call, he got inside the elevator and browsed through his contacts.

He tapped on the green icon and pressed the device against his ear and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Good afternoon, sir.”

“I need to fly back.”

“Now? But the car~”

“I need to get there as quickly as possible.”

 

 

 

“What’s going on?” Joori spoke as she stepped out of the bungalow she could hear some sort of loud purring from outside, Yugyeom was right behind her, both were looking up at the sky.

“Unnie! Oppa!” Joori jogged to Junhee and Juyeon, the two were on their phones.

“Did they find her?” She asked, Juyeon shook hishead.

“No, not yet. It’s already dark out.” He said to her with a frown, Yugyeom exhaled, he saw men in dark clothing walking by the beach. He moved forward and realized that there were more of them walking around the property.

“What’s this? Who called the SWAT?” Junhee murmured as they moved along, they saw Sera speaking with one of the men.

“Chaeyeon..Chaeyeon’s okay, right?” Juyeon said as he tried calling his cousin again.

“They don’t seem like officers.” Joori commented, she waved her friends over. She also noticed the group of black Ranger Rovers parked by her grandmother’s villa. There was something odd about their license plates, she couldn’t identify the logo in the under the dim lights, but it felt vaguely familiar.

They walked towards the center of the resort, Joori could only stare as more men brushed past them.

“They’re not in…uniforms.Those are plain black suits.” Aerin said as she walked to them, two of their aunts appeared from the house, Joori saw her mother staring at the sky again.

She followed her gaze just as Juyeon let out a low whistle.

“Wow. Why is a Samsung helicopter here?” Junhee blurted out as she stared at the machine as it circled around the property, it’s spotlight was on as it hovered above the waters.

“Helicopters. There’s three.” Yugyeom said as he jutted his lips to the night sky, Joori swallowed and she walked to her mother, she could heard the loud buzzing from the sky still as the helicopters flew around the beach.

“Eomma, what’s this? Is unnie still~”

“Young master, we checked the northern part of the beach, we still haven’t seen her.”

Joori stopped at the male’s words, she turned her head in time just as Shownu appeared, her brows went up.

“What about the bungalows?” Shownu spoke as he moved along, Joori saw the two males in similar dark suits walk behind him.

“We have a team already checking on it, sir. We are still trying to locate her phone.”

“Good. Did the helicopters find anything?” Shownu said asked, the male shook his head and excused himself.

Joori could only stare as Shownu moved away from them, he saw how the males in dark suits who were roaming around bowed to him as he passed by.

“Holy ,” Juyeon said, Joori’s eyes focused on the group of men again, she noticed that one of them was wearing a lanyard ID.

“Samsung Group.” Joori noticed the logo on the male’s ID, she turned to the cars’ licence plates.

“That oppa is part of the Samsung clan.” Junhee said in the background as more black SUVs pulled by the mansion, Joori looked at her mother, the elder was staring at the helicopters with wide eyes.

“Eomma, w—what’s going on? Who are all these people?” She swallowed, her eyes went to Shownu again, he was on the phone.

“That boy….That boy…is a Samsung son. And he just assembled this...army to look for Chaeyeon.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++