035

You Got Me

 

 

 

Secretary Yang looked up as Chaeyeon neared her desk.

“How was the meeting, president?”

“We’re all set for the event, the men’s line will be release two weeks before the fashion week and,” The young lady seemed distracted for a bit, she took out her phone and tilted her head.

“Did I get any calls while I was away?” She asked as they walked inside of her office, the other girl shook her head.

“No, but an email came from director Wu’s office. It’s about~”

“Minhyuk’s birthday, I know. But, no calls?” She repeated, her secretary shook her head again.

“None, ma’am. Were you expecting someone?”

“I texted him earlier.” Chaeyeon murmured to herself before dismissing the girl. The girl plopped down and checked her emails, her father’s office called her earlier regarding some documents that needed her signature.

Her phone buzzed and she picked it up, her forehead creased, realizing that it was just one of her food delivery apps informing about her winning a coupon.

Chaeyeon went back to work and continued browsing through her sketches, she glanced at her phone again. Still nothing.

She grabbed her phone and stood up, she searched for Wonho’s name, the girl halted when she realized that he had changed his name to Bunny Oppa in her contacts list. She tapped on the green icon and the older male answered after a few rings.

“Hi, headache.”

“Oppa, are you busy? Can you talk? I should have texted first.” She murmured as she walked towards the windows, Wonho chuckled.

“No, it’s alright. What’s up?”

“Oppa, I’ve been trying…Did you hear from Shownu today?” She asked.

“Actually, no. But, I think he had plans finishing the repairs on that one car at the shop. Maybe he stayed the night.” Wonho replied, Chaeyeon nodded and exhaled.

“Why? Is something wrong?”

“No, it’s…just weird not hearing from him. Anyway, enjoy your day, oppa.”

“You too.”

Chaeyeon glanced at the pile of documents on her desk, she shook her head, picked up her purse and left the office.

 

 

 

“The deal with YS Group has been settled. Since, they’re one of our preferred clients, a special department will be handling them.”

Minhyuk nodded back at his secretary as he went through the documents again.

“The chairman wanted to know if you are free tonight, sir. He would like to invite and director Son over for dinner.”

The young executive hummed before speaking.

“I can only speak for myself, I’ll be there. I haven’t seen Hyunwoo hyung the whole morning.”

The male nodded and excused himself, Minhyuk leaned back on his seat and continued perusing the papers before him. He heard the doors open again.

“Secretary~”

“You!”

He looked up just as Jinyoung strode to his desk, the male yanked him by the collar.

“You’ve brainwashed her!” Jinyoung spat, Minhyuk slapped his hands away from him.

“Why are you here?” He shot back at him, Jinyoung scoffed and walked around the table, Minhyuk’s forehead furrowed.

“Get out.” Minhyuk stated, Jinyoung smirked appeared.

“You think you’re a good friend? You’re brainwashing her. Things would have worked out for us it if weren’t for you!” Jinyoung yelled at him.

“You’re blaming me? You wouldn’t let her breathe.”

“It’s true, tell me honestly, Lee Minhyuk, do you want her too? Is that why all these years, you~”

“You want to be honest? Should I call the lawyers now? Because this time, I won’t let Chaeyeon talk me out of it.” Minhyuk's  jaw grew taut as he met Jinyoung’s gaze evenly.

“The world should know how much of a saint you are, Park Holdings’ son. Calling yourself a philanthropist, what a ing joke.”

“You talk about that, she’ll go down too.”

“I doubt that, she has someone stronger now. Unlike you, you’ve always been weak.” Minhyuk spat and that was when Jinyoung grabbed him again and punched him.

Minhyuk staggered back, he was about to retaliate when a familiar voice made him halt.

“Minhyuk-ah!” Sophia walked into the room, she rushed towards the two males and stood between them.

“You, you should talk to your boyfriend. Or whatever you two are.” Jinyoung stated.

“Watch your words.” Minhyuk hissed at him, but the girl took a step back and reached for his hand.

“You should leave.” Sophia spoke, Jinyoung’s eyes went to her.

“He’s out of his mind, he’s brain~”

“Leave before I call security on you.” Sophia firmly said, Jinyoung exhaled, he loosened his tie and stormed out of the room.

Sophia exhaled, she walked towards the double doors and checked the hallway. And then she faced the male, there was thin line of blood trailing down from the side of his lip.

“Now, I think you have to tell me what really happened, no more secrets.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon slid down from the Maserati and walked towards the shop, she easily unlocked the backdoor and showed herself in. She winced as she tripped on one of the toolboxes, Chaeyeon sighed, some of the lights weren’t even on.

“Son Hyunwoo?” She softly called out, she walked towards the front and noticed one of the cars had its hood popped open. Chaeyeon put her purse down and walked towards it, and then her eyes went to the couch and the figure laying on it.

“He did stay the night here.” She murmured, she silently walked towards him and noticed the empty cup of instant noodles and a can of soda. Chaeyeon proceeded to clean up a bit, and looked around, she approached the car and noticed something.

“How could he leave this here.” She chuckled to herself as she removed the screwdriver off the battery, she glanced at Shownu again.

Chaeyeon walked back to him, and slowly sat down beside his frame, Shownu stirred slightly. She proceeded to poke his arm.

“Shownu? Son Hyunwoo?”

Shownu moved again, Chaeyeon halted, he had slightly pushed her to the side.

“Sho~”

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu spoke, then as if realizing that she might fall off, he stretched his arm and quickly pulled her to towards him.

“H—Hey, I was trying to reach you. I didn’t know you..were here.” She blurted out, Shownu nodded back at her, the girl slowly stood up and he dropped his arm.

“You look pale, are you okay?” She said as Shownu sat up and ran his fingers through his hair.

“It looks like you didn’t even get a proper dinner last night. I’ll go get you something to eat,”

“It’s fine.” He stood up and picked up his phone, Chaeyeon paused and looked at him. She could sense it, something was wrong.

“You called, is something wrong?” Shownu asked as he started returning the tools and other equipment around the car.

“No, I..” Chaeyeon stopped, she didn’t even know why she was looking for him.

“I just wanted to know if you want to grab lunch together.” She quickly said, Shownu picked up one of the toolboxes and set it aside.

“I can’t today. I have a meeting.” Shownu answered without looking at her, Chaeyeon nodded back.

“Did you drive here? I have to get changed for work.” He said while walking towards the counter, Chaeyeon chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“I did.” She replied, now she felt a little unsure, she glanced around the shop.

“Are you okay?” She asked, Shownu finally looked at her and he nodded.

“Yes, I have to change. You don’t have to wait for me.” He spoke as he took off his denim jacket, revealing his black wifebeater inside.

“Ah, you want me to leave.” She stated, Shownu paused, his eyebrows knit together.

“You must be busy, you didn’t have to come here.” He said as he walked towards her, Chaeyeon paused and looked at him.

“I’ll get going then.” She replied, Shownu nodded at her and he leaned over to kiss the side of her head.

“I’ll go upstairs then. Drive safely.”

Chaeyeon watched as the male went up to the office to change, she puffed her cheeks and showed herself out.

“Son Hyunwoo is in a bad mood. But, I really am hungry.” She mumbled as she got inside her car.

Shownu exhaled and leaned against the door, he could hear the Maserati backing up outside the building. He walked towards the window and watched as Chaeyeon sped off.

He turned his gaze away and let out another breath, he tossed his jacket away and walked to the bathroom.

 

 

 

Minhyuk winced as Sophia proceeded to clean the cut on the side of his lips, he was trying to come up with something, anything to get himself out of the situation he was in now.

But, nothing.

It’s not like he can escape the great Sophia Wu either.

“I’ve let this on for so long, she’s my friend too. I deserve to know.” She said as she put down the cotton pad.

Minhyuk exhaled, he leaned back on the sofa and scratched the back of his neck.

“What happened after I left?”

“I got hurt.” Minhyuk answered, the girl sighed at him.

“We are not leaving this room until you tell me everything. Minhyuk-ah, if it bothers you this much, if…It bothers me too.”

Minhyuk paused, he pursed his lips and sighed.

“A couple of weeks after you left, Jinyoung flew in.”

“He usually does that. I never told Chaeyeon this, wasn’t he a bit over the top? It’s not like Chaeyeon’s gonna disappear if he leaves town for a few days.” Sophia murmured, Minhyuk nodded back and picked up his coffee.

“That day, I was supposed to have dinner with Yeon. She didn’t know Jinyoung would arrive, so she said yes. I told her that I’d come by to pick her up.” Minhyuk continued, the girl turned to him, she could see how it troubled him to even talk about it.

“I ran a little late, I had things to finish here, work was piling up back then. I was calling her on the way, she wasn’t picking up. I got worried, she was alone at home again.”

Sophia nodded for him to continue, Minhyuk clenched his jaw and stretched his hand to her.

“I..I got there and showed myself in. The lights were out, which I found weird. But, I kept hearing these noises,”

Sophia’s eyes widened, but Minhyuk held onto her hand firmly.

“What…I saw that night,” Minhyuk trailed off, he could feel the girl’s gaze on him.

“He..He had her pinned against the wall, Sophia. He…He was forcing her.”

“What?”

Minhyuk shook leaned his head back and let out a shaky breath.

“He…He was forcing himself on her. No, he was guilt tripping her into it,” Minhyuk swallowed, he pressed his lips together.

“Minhyuk, w—why..why..”

“I pushed him off her, he…wasn’t able to touch her. But, he still affects her, Chaeyeon…doesn’t like it when you pull her by her wrists. I wanted to press charges, but she begged me not to.”

“ing bastard.” Sophia murmured, Minhyuk nodded and he faced her.

“That’s why I’d be willing to pay good money just to see him get run over by a truck.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++