041

You Got Me

 

 

Chaeyeon watched as her father walked Shownu to their other garage, the latter had a smile on his face as he saw the cars that were hidden in there. She leaned against the balcony railings.

“Your Supra is in perfect condition, president Oh.” She heard Shownu say as they disappeared through the garage doors, her father chuckled.

“Want to give it a spin?”

Chaeyeon turned away and crossed her arms.

“Lunch was fine, huh?” Sehun joined her, the girl blinked at him and nodded.

“I’m surprised you had the time to step out today, oppa.” She replied, Sehun stood beside her and leaned back.

“Eomma’s cooking, I don’t want to miss that.”

“Right.”

“And, any chance to tease you and Son Hyunwoo, I’d take it.” Sehun added, the girl didn’t react and simply picked up her coffee. Sehun smiled to himself and nudged his sister.

“I don’t know how to get out of this, oppa. Everyone thinks…that we’re..this thing. How…How do I fix this?”

“Do you really want to fix it?” Sehun asked, the girl paused and took another sip from her coffee.

“We may not really talk about these kind of things a lot, but I know you Chaeyeon-ah.” Sehun glanced over his shoulder as their father’s Supra rolled out of the curb, Mr. Oh was smiling as he watched Shownu drive it by the front door, he slid down from the car and popped the hood open.

“You look at him differently.”

Chaeyeon stilled, she put her cup down and looked over the railings again.

“Still, oppa, I~”

“Don’t.” Sehun spoke, Chaeyeon turned to him.

“Don’t reason out of this. You tend to always see things black and white, and you still think of you and Shownu are keeping up with this act. But, that’s not what’s going on here.”

Chaeyeon paused, Shownu had noticed them, he smiled at her. Chaeyeon nodded back and gave the two men a wave, Sehun chuckled to himself.

“You two…You are no longer pretending.” Sehun stated, Chaeyeon pressed her lips together.

“I’m scared, oppa.” She softly said, Sehun frowned and pulled the girl to him.

“Why?”

“I’m in trouble, aren’t I?”

Sehun chuckled and playfully mussed her hair.

“You will be if you don’t admit how you feel about him. Besides, what are you so worried about?” Sehun let go of her, they could hear their father chatting with Shownu comfortably. Mrs. Oh had joined them with some fresh fruit.

“It’s Son Hyunwoo. Your Son Hyunwoo, that guy would do anything for you, Yeon.”

“Exactly, that’s what scares me.” Chaeyeon murmured.

“You and your troubles with admitting your feelings. I give up. Let some other girl take him away from you then, you stubborn brat.”

“Oppa!” She whined as Sehun went back into the house, Mrs. Oh looked up.

“Are you two fighting again?” She called out, Chaeyeon stilled and turned to them, Shownu was looking at her, she felt her cheeks heat up.

“Oppa was being mean.”

“He’s the one with the better personality.” Mr. Oh said teasingly, Chaeyeon sighed before marching back into the house.

“You can’t leave them alone for too along.” Mrs. Oh mused at Shownu, the male smiled and nodded back.

“But it’s nice to finally meet you properly, Hyunwoo-ah. I knew you’d fit right in with us.”

 

 

 

“Pretty brave of him.” Wonho said as he tossed the papers on the desk, Shownu leaned forward and eyed the documents warily.

“I don’t know what he’s trying to do, but he’s been snooping around us. He’s been trying to get information about us. And, he has people looking into Chaeyeon’s movements.”

Shownu paused, his eyebrows grew knitted together.

“Even Chaeyeon?”

“Yes. I’m leaving this up to you. What do you want him to find out?” Wonho leaned back on his seat, Shownu’s lips quirked up slightly and his friend didn’t miss that.

“Should we toy with him for a bit?” Shownu asked, Wonho’s grin grew wider, but the two males paused when the doors opened, Minhyuk strolled in, he had a smirk on his face.

“I know what you two are talking about, stop trying to clear your throat, Chaeyeon’s head of security.” He commented as he sat down beside his cousin. Shownu loosened his tie and turned to him.

“I see you’ve been doing some shopping.”

“I needed some stuff for the~”

“Shopping for companies. Stocks, actually.” Minhyuk stated, Shownu stilled at his words. Wonho picked up his iced tea and hid his grin.

“Min~”

“I’m not against it, he deserves to be taught a lesson, hyung.” Minhyuk shrugged as he crossed his legs.

“You two know.”

Wonho’s eyes went to Shownu, Minhyuk sighed.

“What happened that night…it was horrible, hyung. That’s why I can’t stand seeing him, and the fact that he’s trying to be a part of Chaeyeon’s life again, it….worries me.”

“He’s digging out information on us.” Shownu stated, Minhyuk let out a laugh.

“Does he know?”

“He’s about to.” Wonho added, Shownu’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“Chaeyeon begged me not to tell the police, I was already in contact with my legal team. I wanted…I wanted him to be punished for what he was trying to do, hyung.” Minhyuk murmured, his forehead creased and he exhaled.

“So, I hope you can fix this quietly. Keep Chaeyeon safe.”

“I already took care of that.” Shownu replied, Minhyuk nodded back.

“But, hyung,”

“Good, talk him out of it. He’s bored and wants to acquire Park Holdings.” Wonho said, Minhyuk snorted and shook his head.

“I won’t do that, Park Jinyoung can fall off a cliff, I don’t care. But,” Minhyuk paused, trying to choose his words.

“Be careful with this, hyung. This…This might not sit well with Chaeyeon.”

Shownu picked leaned back on the couch and his brows rose.

“I know that you’re trying to protect her by doing this, and also this is you being petty.” Minhyuk stated, Wonho chuckled, agreeing with his last words.

“I think…I don’t know, hyung. But I worry that this might piss her off, so,”

“I want him to stay away from her.” Shownu stated, his tone flat. Minhyuk nodded, sensing his cousin’s discomfort.

“One wrong move and he dies then.” He murmured, Wonho nodded at him.

“Just be careful, hyung. I know you can keep her safe, but she might not like this.”

 

 

 

“Hi, headache.” Wonho said as she approached Chaeyeon, the girl excused herself from the elderly couple she was speaking with and hooked arms with him.

“Oppa, you look nice.” She said, Wonho chuckled and patted her hand.

“I hate having to attend press events, luckily, Son Hyunwoo seems to handle these type of things well.” Wonho commented as they crossed the hall, guests were already in and pictures were being taken.

“You leave him with no choice, oppa.” She chuckled, Wonho laughed and he asked for two glasses of champagne for them.

“Minhyuk called to say that they couldn’t make it. Soph’s parents are flying over tonight and maybe, they’re telling them. Not that the Wus have always wanted them to be together.”

“And, you’re okay with that?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Your brother.” Wonho said, Chaeyeon paused, but she smiled.

“That’s not my decision to make, oppa. It’s always been up to Sophia. Besides, whoever dates my brother, I wish that person good luck. His fans can be…intense.” She said.

“I~”

“Chaeyeon-ah, dear, it’s good to see you!” Mrs. Son walked towards them, Chaeyeon smiled then she paused.

“Hello, auntie, and another auntie.” She said to the lady beside the Shownu’s mother, the latter smiled.

“Aigoo, I see Wonho has adopted you as his sister. It’s nice to finally meet you dear, the elders have mentioned you a lot.”

Chaeyeon paused, her brows going up, Wonho chuckled and nudged her.

“Oh, I meant that in a good way. I know that Hyunwoo has received threats from his grandmother if he ever lets you go.”

Mrs. Son nodded along, Chaeyeon balked.

“Ah, y—yes.”

“Don’t scare the girl, we have to go say hi to chairman Lee.” Mrs. Son said as she pulled Wonho’s mother with her.

“See? They like you.” Wonho said to her, he glanced over his shoulder and Shownu chatting with his father.

“I’m surprised you didn’t mention your job title, oppa.” She said dryly, she followed his gaze and paused again.

“Everyone’s curious about him since it’s been a while since people last saw him. Even family friends want to talk to him about the company.” Wonho commented, Chaeyeon glanced around them, a lot of people were stealing glanced at Shownu. Most of them were women, her brows rose.

“I already mentioned the tech issue to the research team, abeoji. I think they’ll come up with something by next week.” Shownu stated, his father shrugged at him.

“I don’t want to rush them, it’s fine.” The elder replied, and then he nudged his son.

“Chaeyeon is a crowd favorite.”

Shownu looked around the room, the girl was still speaking with Wonho and one of his uncles.

“She’s good with people.” Shownu murmured, his father chuckled.

“You better not hurt her, son.”

“But, I’m your son, you’re threatening me.”

“The whole family already loves her, they’ll hunt you down if you let go of her.” Mr. Son joked before moving along.

Chaeyeon excused herself from Wonho and the Samsung executive, she could still see how some guests kept on glancing at Shownu as he looked around. She pursed her lips, not really sure of what she was doing.

“Director Son, do you remember me?” A woman approached him, Chaeyeon stopped.

“Ah, yes, Inha, right? You are chairman Jeon’s daughter,” Shownu politely said, Inha laughed and bashfully slapped his arm.

“Is it funny? Her name?” Chaeyeon her heels and spoke to herself, she paused again.

“We met a few weeks ago at that Ansan meeting, it’s good to see a familiar face here, can I speak casually?”

“S—Sure, that’s alright.” Shownu sounded unsure, his eyes flitted about the party.

“Right, Hyunwoo-ssi, I don’t really see you around our circle, we have this yacht party next weekend. My friends would like to invite you.”

“This weekend?” Shownu grew distracted, the girl was leaning too close to him.

“Yes, we have booze and~”

“Wonho oppa has abandoned me.” A feminine voice chimed in, Shownu visibly relaxed and broke into a small smile as she reached them. Inha looked at the girl, stunned.

“Oh Chaeyeon.” She blurted out, Chaeyeon faced her and smiled.

“It’s been a while Inha. How’s work?” She spoke, Inha noticed how Shownu had s one arm around the girl’s waist as she spoke.

“I—I’ve been well. I have to..go check on my dad. It’s good to see you.” Inha quickly said and excused herself.

Shownu looked at the girl, Chaeyeon was eyeing their table.

“I have to go to the front later, would you like to be seated already?” Shownu asked her, Chaeyeon turned to him, suddenly regretting walking up to him. She was standing too close to Son Hyunwoo and it made her jumpy.

“W—Well, I’ll go pee…first. See you.” She tried to wriggle free from his arm, but the male chuckled and pulled her back.

“Shownu,” She sighed, Shownu smiled at her.

“You had too much coffee, huh?” He spoke, Chaeyeon blinked at him and then she gently fixed his tie without meeting his gaze.

“Probably. Let me go now?” She asked, he nodded and dropped his arm, Chaeyeon smiled before walking away from him.

 

 

 

Jinyoung’s secretary rushed to keep up with his boss, he had found out that Chaeyeon was attending a Samsung event and the young male wanted to confront the girl. This made the secretary a little iffy, it wasn’t right of his boss to storm into the party just to talk to his ex. He took out his phone and continued to check his messages.

“Sir,”

Park Jinyoung halted, they had reached the reserved private hall, but the two men guarding the doors were blocking him.

“It is an invite only event, sir. May we see your invitation?” One spoke, Jinyoung’s brows rose, he glanced at the doors and saw some people from the media inside.

“You even let those reporters in, what’s wrong with this party?”

No reply came, Jinyoung sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, he then reached for his wallet and took out his name card. He tossed it to the guards, and it lifelessly fall on the carpeted floor. Jinyoung’s secretary was stunned, and worried at the same time. The guards remained stoic, Jinyoung’s eaers grew red in annoyance.

“Do you know who I am? You could lose your jobs because of me!” Jinyoung exclaimed at them, the two remained calm and simply stared at him.

“Move. I have to talk to someone inside!” Jinyoung tried to walk past them, but he was blocked again and pushed back.

“I’m sorry, sir. It is not allowed to let people without invitations enter the event.”

“Let me speak to someone who’s in-charge then. You two idiots don’t know whom you’re crossing!” Jinyoug hissed at them, one of the males exhaled and took out his phone.

Meanwhile Jinyoung’s secretary was staring at his own phone, wide-eyed and confused. He glanced at the party again and noticed the Samsung logo at the center of the stage.

“S—Sir, vice president,” He stammered, but Jinyoung was still throwing a fit.

“I’m sure you know Oh Chaeyeon. Then call her here. I want to talk to her!”

Jinyoung’s secretary started to panic ever so slightly, his boss was picking a fight he will never win, and then he noticed a familiar face appear by the doors.

Jinyoung stopped talking, his eyes were on the male too.

“What is it?” Wonho spoke, not stepping beyond the doors, his eyes went to Jinyoung briefly.

“He demands that young master Son’s girlfriend should step out here to talk to him, sir.”

And with those words, Park Jinyoung stilled. His secretary grimaced and looked away, he checked the email on his phone again.

Son Hyunwoo and Lee Wonho, were both Samsung executives and were set to inherit its other businesses too.

To put it simply, his boss was trying to challenge a Samsung son.

Wonho’s lips curled up, he didn’t reply, but then the doors opened again.

“I was told something was wrong, what is it?” Shownu appeared, his friend jutted his lips towards the guards and the tall male paused.

“You.” Jinyoung spoke with shock, Shownu’s brows rose as he met the other male’s gaze.

“Young master, we already told him that he could not go in, but he keeps on~”

“Keep him out.” Shownu stated, knowing that Jinyoung could hear him.

“This is why Chaeyeon wouldn’t drop you.” He spat, Wonho scoffed and leaned against the doorway, he crossed his arms and gave the guards a nod.

Shownu’s eyes went to him again, and his lips quirked up, the slightest hint of a smirk appeared.

“You should be careful, Park Jinyoung.”

“Why? Are you going to throw your money at me?” Jinyoung challenged him, Shownu smiled and shook his head, he turned his back to him and walked back into the party.

“He might be the one throwing you.” Wonho shrugged before leaving as well, and then Jinyoung found himself being removed from the building.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++