031

You Got Me

 

 

Chaeyeon put her iPad aside and leaned back against the cushions, the girl was enjoying some alone time at one of the floating cabanas by the beach. After lunch, everyone had gone on their own ways and tried to enjoy the long weekend as much as possible.

The girl looked over her shoulder and saw her younger cousins with their paddle boards enter the water. Her phone started to ring again, she grabbed the device from and looked at the screen. Her forehead crumpled and she put her phone down.

She had no idea why Jinyoung had been trying to reach her and it irked her. Seeing him back in Seoul had surprised her, but for him to actually reach out to her, that was another thing.

Chaeyeon turned away from the table and faced the water instead, she wrapped her fingers around her wrist and exhaled. Her eyes went to Shownu, he was already seated at the back of the motor boat while trying to unstrap the wakeboard from his ankles.

“At least he’s having fun.” She smiled to herself as she fixed the straps of her swimsuit, she glanced at the shore again. The outdoor bar was a little crowded, a lot of the guests were trying to get drinks. Her eyes went to Yugyeom and the girl winced to herself.

“Yugyeom cheating on my cousin. Park Jinyoung trying to talk. Wow, life seems perfect.” She said to herself, and then she saw Joori’s friends again, both had their eyes on the water as they tried to push each other forward.

She followed their gazes and her brows went up, Shownu was swimming back to shore.

“Oh, god.” She murmured as she picked up her drink, Shownu had reached shore and was in the process of running his hair through his damp hair, his black rash guard had clung to every inch of his upper body nicely. Too nicely.

Chaeyeon’s eyes went to Namjoo and Aerin again, even Joori was blatantly staring at him.

“Hyunwoo-ssi!” Namjoo waved at him, Chaeyeon shook her head and looked away from the scene.

“I can’t watch this.” Chaeyeon gathered her things in her arms, the girl stood up and was about to step out of the cabana when a smiling Shownu appeared before her.

“Where are you going?” He grinned as he took steps towards her, Chaeyeon backed away.

“Back to…the room. Did you have fun?” She blinked at him, she glanced at the bar again, the two girls were back to chatting to themselves.

“I was hoping you’d join me in the water.” Shownu said as he playfully shook his head at her, Chaeyeon sighed as water droplets went to her arm.

“I had some work to check on. Here.” She handed him a towel before sitting down, Shownu thanked her and proceeded to take off his rash guard.

“S—Son Hyunwoo!”

Shownu glanced at her before proceeding to sit down next to her.

“What?” He said as he leaned over to get his phone from the other side of the couch, Chaeyeon pressed herself against the cushion as his nose almost touched her cheek.

“Aren’t you cold?” She asked as she looked at discarded piece of clothing, Shownu shook his head and leaned his head back.

“The sun’s out, Chaeyeon, what are you talking about?” He chuckled at her as he draped the towel over his shoulders.

“Do you want something to eat?” Chaeyeon asked, wanting to get away from him.

“I saw them serving burgers.” Shownu said to her, she nodded back and stood up.

“I’ll have someone send you one. And I’m going to nap, if you need me, I’ll be there.” She picked up her things again, Shownu gently reached for her wrist, but he didn’t pull her back.

Chaeyeon turned to him, curious.

“Do you want a side of fries with that burger too?” She blinked at him, Shownu smiled, he sat up and reached out to brush her hair away from her face.

“Onion rings, actually. Are you sure you don’t want to eat?” He asked as he briefly touched her cheek, Chaeyeon nodded at him and quickly pulled back.

“I’ll see you later. Have fun.” She blurted out before waddling away from him, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks as she sent a message to the resort’s manager regarding Shownu’s meal. She took another glance at Joori’s friends, she pursed her lips.

Hehe, he went to me.

No! Do not think like that Oh Chaeyeon!

He isn’t yours!

You don’t get to own people!

Chaeyeon reached the bungalows, not noticing how her grandmother’s security were quickly roaming around the place, she got inside the place and lay flat on the couch.

“Too close for comfort, Son Hyunwoo. Too close.”

 

 

 

“Am I really needed there? It’s just a signing, even Wonho can handle that.” Shownu murmured as he walked into the bungalow. He saw Chaeyeon sleeping on the couch and his brows rose.

“Yes, the young master said he’ll be present, but, the media will be there. Your grandfather expects you to be there, sir.”

Shownu went to the room and picked up a blanket, he made his way back to girl and gently placed the blanket over her.

“They probably just want to take pictures of the family, sir. Director Lee has also been informed regarding this.”

Shownu grew distracted briefly as Chaeyeon stirred, his brows rose briefly as she pulled the blanket closer to her. Shownu paused, he slowly reached out to hold her hand, and then he stopped and pulled away from the couch.

“Sir? Are you there?”

Shownu let out a shaky breath and walked towards the room.

“Yes, go ahead.” He scrunched his nose and opened the closet, he took out a pair of black jeans before sitting down on the bed.

“Will you be there tomorrow? I know you are out of town right now, sir.”

“Okay, send someone to pick me up tomorrow afternoon then. Will this meeting take long?”

Chaeyeon yawned and she heard muffled voices from the room, the girl slowly sat up and looked at the windows. Her brows rose, it was getting dark outside.

“Not really, sir. But, maybe around three hours? There are a lot of eyes on this project.”

She padded towards the room and leaned against the doorway, Shownu was on speakerphone with someone.

“Work?” She mouthed at him, Shownu smiled at her.

“Samsung work.” He mouthed back, she nodded at him and sat down in front of the dresser.

“Okay, I’ll wait for you call tomorrow, manager Jeong.” Shownu put his phone down and exhaled.

“I thought it was Minhyuk bothering you with ShinHan issues again.” Chaeyeon mused as she stood up, she took out one of his shirts happily.

“Versace. Printed. And silk. Perfect.” She said as she handed it to him.

“So, its dinner, everyone’s going to be there. Even my grandmother’s guests. Also, my aunts and uncles. Buckle up.” She said jokingly, Shownu nodded back at her, still sitting on the bed.

“I might have to leave tomorrow, I have to be at a contract signing. Apparently,” Shownu said as he tugged the girl to him.

“I need to be there. Will you be okay? Want to fly back with me?” He offered as he put both of his hands on her waist.

“I’ll be okay here, I can fly back the next day.” Chaeyeon shrugged at him, Shownu nodded back at her.

“But, don’t go roam around alone.”

“Why? This place is safe.” Chaeyeon said, Shownu let go of her and stood up.

“I heard the resort staff talking, apparently they think there’s a prowler around.” Shownu said as he picked up the shirt and walked to the bathroom.

“But, that’s not enough reason for Wonho oppa to send guards, right?” Chaeyeon quickly said.

“We’ll see.” Shownu chuckled before closing the door, he heard Chaeyeon mumbling from behind the door and he smiled to himself.

But then he paused, Sophia’s words suddenly started to play in his head.

“Be honest, Son Hyunwoo,”

“You like her.”

 

 

 

“I saw your release, it was amazing, Yeon-ah.”

Chaeyeon grinned at her cousin and clinked glasses with her, Soojin was four years older than her and had gotten married last year, she’s been leaving overseas since then.

“I was worried that it wouldn’t work, unnie. But, men’s wear has always been really interesting to me.”

“I know, I remember you being crazy over Balmain suits when we were younger.” Soojin mused back.

“I still have them at home.” Chaeyeon replied, she saw Shownu by the fountain, he had a glass of champagne in hand while talking with her male cousins and in-laws.

“I see Hyunwoo’s getting along with everyone well.” Soojin said in a teasing tone, Chaeyeon caught Juyeon’s eye and he waved at her.

“Hi, oppa.” She mouthed at him, Shownu glanced at her and he smiled.

“It’s weird, how does he deal with our family?” Chaeyeon humored back before taking a sip from her drink, dinner was going to be served in a bit. And she wasn’t sure about sharing a table with her aunts again.

“He’s a keeper, Yeon. I like him. He’s perfect for you.”

“Unnie,” Chaeyeon grimaced, Soojin chuckled at her reaction.

“I’m not joking. Finally, a guy you can stand.”

“No, he’s just extremely patient with me, unnie.” Chaeyeon murmured, Soojin laughed.

“Yes, someone who understands how you function.”

“Okay, ouch.” Chaeyeon replied, her older cousin laughed.

“I’ll go get my husband, we haven’t said our greetings to halmae.” She excused herself, Chaeyeon wandered around the party for a bit before deciding to sit down.

She looked around the party while enjoying the night breeze, her eyes went to Shownu again, somehow he had managed to put himself at her grandmother’s table, and he was chitchatting with the elders and her society friends.

“He’s…weird.” She murmured to herself, but she couldn’t help but smile at how he was getting along with everyone, even with the most difficult family members in the party.

Chaeyeon exhaled and looked away.

“Look at him, he’s really working hard.” Joori said as she took the empty seat next to the girl, Chaeyeon stopped herself from rolling her eyes.

“What do you want?”

“I mean, unnie, I get that he really must want to stay with you. But he doesn’t have to do all that.” Joori said as she jutted her lips towards Shownu, Chaeyeon pursed her lips.

“When will you leave him alone, Joori-ah?”

“You started it, unnie. I was just looking out for you, but you got all defensive over him, even making stories about Yugyeom.”

“Do you think I would lie about something like that?” Chaeyeon finally faced her, Joori scoffed back at the girl.

“You’re loving the attention now, everyone likes your boyfriend. Despite the fact that he’s probably only with you for~”

Chaeyeon suddenly stood up, Joori paused stunned at her actions.

“You…You should be careful of your words.” Chaeyeon stated before leaving the table.

 

 

 

Shownu turned his gaze away from the elders and looked around, he noticed that Joori was now sitting with Yugyeom.

He excused himself and stood up, he made his way across the floor in search for the girl. Shownu was about to call her when he noticed the two story gazebo a few steps away from the party, he looked up and grew amused.

Chaeyeon had her arms crossed as her back faced the party, from the way her shoulders were hunched together, Shownu could see that something must be bothering her. He took out his phone and texted her. He saw Chaeyeon reach for her purse and she took out her phone.

She turned her head and saw him, Shownu waved her over.

I hate it there. -Chaeyeon

Shownu chuckled at her reply.

Let’s eat then we can run. Or, we could drive around the beach?

He saw how Chaeyeon was about to type a reply, but her phone suddenly started ringing, she looked at Shownu.

I’ll be down in a bit.” She mouthed at him, Shownu nodded at her and made his way to their table. Chaeyeon put her phone against her ear.

“Secretary Yang, please tell me you need me to fly back right now.” She murmured as she went down the steps, she heard her secretary chuckle.

“Sadly, it’s not that, ma’am.”

“Ugh, you are so boring. What’s up?” She asked with a smile as she reached the first floor of the gazebo, she leaned against the railings.

“I’m calling regarding the guest list for the release next two weeks, since it’s almost fashion week, I suggest~”

“Yes, celebrities.” Chaeyeon said to herself as she went down the steps, she grimaced when the sand got inside her sandals.

“I’ll take care of that, just proceed with our usual arrangements.”

“Yes, have a pleasant weekend, president.”

Chaeyeon chucked her phone back in her purse, she ran her fingers through her hair as she made her way back to the party.

“Really? So, your shop is open the whole week?”

Chaeyeon paused, she saw Joori’s friends talking to Shownu by the buffet table. They were in the way between him and his food.

“Yes, we are.” Shownu replied with a polite smile, Aerin chuckled and playfully slapped his arm.

“Was it funny?” Chaeyeon asked herself as she picked up a plate, she waved at Sera’s kids as they passed by her.

“You work with a friend? That’s nice, Chaeyeon unnie must always visit you there.” Namjoo continued as she put food on her plate, Shownu nodded back.

“She drops by when she has time.”

“But, you must work out a lot. I mean, your arms,” Namjoo commented as she reached out to touch his arm, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks and tried to stop her toes from curling.

I cannot believe I would actually see this happen in real life.

Blech, this is worse than the Dior X Air Jordan collaboration.

I really should burn Minhyuk's pair.

She turned her head and realized that Namjoo had moved forward, standing too close to Shownu, as if trying to make him look down at her dress’s plunging neckline.

Chaeyeon put her plate down and moved towards them.

“I try to stay fit.” Shownu replied as he took a couple of steps back, the girls giggled at his reply.

“It’s obvious why unnie’s really into you~”

Shownu was about to reach for the lobster when a familiar voice made the two women stop.

“Where are you touching?” Chaeyeon said with a light chuckle as she brush past them. Namjoo and Aerin could only glance at each other worriedly as Son Hyunwoo made his way towards the girl.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++