024

You Got Me

 

 

 

Shownu followed Chaeyeon’s gaze as a somehow familiar male approached them, Chaeyeon moved to face him.

“It’s been a long time, Chaeyeon-ah.” He said, Shownu was about to speak when his secretary suddenly appeared.

“Director, you’re needed. The vice chairman wants to speak with you,”

Shownu turned to the girl, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

“I’ll be fine, go.” She said, Shownu stepped away from the table, he took another glance at the two on his way and he exhaled.

“You’re right. I didn’t know you were working with your family again.” Chaeyeon commented, Jaebum nodded back at her.

“I started a couple of months ago. I see your family has dealings with KB?”

“Well, kind of.”

“Right, Minhyuk, I almost forgot.” Jaebum laughed, Chaeyeon chewed on the insides of her cheeks. And then she spotted Shownu speaking on the phone, he looked tense as he turned his back to them. Her eyebrows went up.

“Hey, do you know who’s back in town?” He suddenly asked, Chaeyeon’s eyes went back to him.

“I’m sorry?”

“He’s b~”

“President Oh, I’ll you to your table, the event is about to start,” Shownu’s secretary was back, the girl looked at Jaebum apologetically.

“It’s okay, let’s hang out sometime.” Jaebum said with a pleasant smile, Chaeyeon moved along but she stepped away from the male and went to Shownu.

“I know, but the papers were sent last week,” His voice was still calm despite the frown on his face.

“Exactly, they don’t expect us to approve everything without checking,” He paused when he saw her approaching.

Work? Being a pain in the ?” She mouthed at him, he broke into a small smile and stretched his hand to her.

“No, tell them we cannot extend this. We might as well cancel their proposal.” Shownu murmured, Chaeyeon placed her hand in his and noticed that the Son elders were looking at them. She smiled and gave them both a wave.

“Look at them, they look so good together,” Mrs. Son preened as she picked up her champagne, her husband waved back at the young lady.

“Hyunwoo seems to have adjusted well, huh? I guess he’s had some good influence.”

Chaeyeon was facing their son now, he was already done with his call and was talking to her. The girl was nodding along as Hyunwoo spoke, they were already on their way towards the elders.

“Okay, I want her as my daughter-in-law.” Mrs. Son declared, her husband shushed her.

“She might hear you and get scared off. Don’t..say it out too loud.”

Mrs. Son chuckled and patted her husband’s hand. She glanced at the young couple again, Chaeyeon was laughing as she hooked arms with Hyunwoo. She didn’t miss how Hyunwoo seems to have paused when the girl laced her fingers with his.

And Mrs. Son knew that little action from the girl made her son’s heart skip a beat. And it was endearing seeing him like that.

Her only child was in love.

 

 

 

Sehun pursed his lips as he checked the list on his phone again, he grabbed a cart and went into the mart.

I feel like I should tell you this, like a heads up.”

Chaeyeon’s voice started to play in his head.

“Soph’s back in town.

Sehun’s forehead creased and he moved along, he picked up a couple of snacks and some rice crisps on his way to the fruit section. Chaeyeon would never joke about something like that, Sophia really is back in Seoul.

And he didn’t know how to process that information. He wasn’t sure if he’d run into the girl or not. Things got so complicated back then that she chose to leave.

“No, I had to step out for a bit. I wont be able to make it, besides, hyung will be there.”

A familiar voice made him look up, he saw Minhyuk walking towards the display of apples and oranges, he leaned down as he checked with fruits to get.

“I know, I’ll try to talk him into not cancelling it, but they’re delaying everything.” He continued, Sehun was about to turn away but he felt Minhyuk’s gaze on him. The latter paused, his eyes widened briefly but he gave Sehun a small nod. Sehun nodded back in reply before moving away.

It must be stressing for his sister too, her brother and best friend being uncomfortable around each other.

Sehun shook his head and went on with his shopping, he made his way towards the cashier and took out his wallet. As he was unloading the items, his phone started to ring.

“Yes, eomma?” Sehun asked as he pushed the cart away from the counter.

“I can’t seem to reach your sister. Is she busy?”

“She’s probably at a meeting, you know her.” Sehun commented, he tucked his wallet back in jean pocket and moved along.

“It’s good you’re on a break, you two never spend time together. And that’s on you.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and pulled his cap down lower to his face.

“Anyway, so, since you two always have these little talks and secrets,” Mrs. Oh said in a questioning tone, Sehun grew amused. Their mother was never the strict type, but she was nosy. She wanted to know almost everything about them, not that they minded.

“I spoke with Joori’s mother this morning.”

That made Sehun pause, Chaeyeon did give him an update of what was going on. Joori and his sister have not been on the best terms lately, although his sister never explained why, he could see how this disturbed the girl.

“Ah, really?” Sehun reached the elevators and he got inside with the shopping cart.

“What is this thing she kept on repeating about your sister having a boyfriend? How come I don’t know? Do you know?”

Sehun’s eyes widened, Chaeyeon never mentioned if their parents knew about Son Hyunwoo. He’s never even met the Son Hyunwoo.

“Eomma, you see..”

“And how come he’s been causing such a stir in the family? Everyone’s talking about him. Do you need us to come home?”

“We’re having a comeback this December, eomma, want to come to our showcase?” Sehun blurted out.

 

 

 

Wonho stretched his arms as he stepped out of their office at the auto shop. He had changed into a pair of jeans and black shirt, all ready for work. He made his way down the steps to greet the guy who came with his collector’s model Audi.

But he saw his secretary standing by the doors, his brows rose and excused himself from the client.

“Is something wrong?”

“Sir, we noticed this a couple of weeks ago,” The male said in hushed tones as he handed Wonho his phone.

“At first, we thought nothing of it because they were only trying to find out about the shop. But then it got,”

Wonho read through the file, the person or persons who were trying to look into him and Shownu were trying to access a lot of their personal information. Their names, their addresses even their educational background.

“Who is this?”

“That’s the problem, sir. We’re still tracing them, we just wanted to inform you before anything. But they seem to be focusing on director Son more.”

Wonho pursed his lips and nodded back.

“I’ll give Hyunwoo a call, update me once you find out who these people are.” Wonho spoke, the male nodded and left. He took out his phone and Shownu answered after a couple of rings.

“Hey, are you busy?” Wonho asked the older male.

“No, I’m at the gym.”

“Doing laps?”

“I’m planning to, what’s up?”

“I got a report just now, someone’s looking into us. But they’re focusing on you.”

Shownu was quiet for a bit, Wonho could hear the water in the background. His lips curled up, something was probably bothering his friend. Son Hyunwoo choosing to go swim at a fitness gym during working hours meant that something was up.

And Wonho knew what was bothering him. Or who caused that.

“Do we know who?”

“Nothing on that yet.”

“Well, let them be. They wont find anything anyway.” He could almost see Shownu shrugging, typical of him.

“Don’t say I never warned you.” Wonho mused at him, Shownu laughed.

“It’s probably just some random person being curious.”

“I guess. Chaeyeon invited me for dinner this week. Why is that?”

“I don’t know. She didn’t mention anything.” Shownu replied, Wonho giggled.

“You must not be invited then.” He said teasingly, Shownu ended the call.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon slid down from the Maserati in a rush, she jogged towards the building’s entrance, she hurriedly got inside and headed straight towards the fitness center’s facilities.

The girl paused noticing the amount of muscular men working inside, she grimaced and made her way around them. She needed to find Shownu fast. She had to talk to him. Why?

Her parents had found out.

And she was already certain that there’d be questions. And she wasn’t “chill” enough to come up with answers.

“Miss, who are you looking for?” One of the staff approached her, Chaeyeon almost tripped on one of the equipment and she steadied herself.

“Son Hyunwoo, I was told that he’s here.” She spoke, the male nodded back.

“You can check the pool, I think I saw him on his way there.” The male pointed towards the direction of the bright yellow double doors, Chaeyeon thanked him and set off.

The girl pushed past as the doors and she walked down the hall, she could hear the sound of water not far from her. She paused, realizing that she was wearing heels.

“Wow, I might just break my neck and escape my parents. Seems easier.” She murmured to herself, she reached the indoor pool area and found it empty.

“Son Hyunwoo, Son Hyunwoo, Son Hyunwoo.” She hummed as she walked towards the plastic benches and then she spotted a black duffel and phone on one of the tables.

“Son Hyun~” She paused, noticing that someone was on the pool. Chaeyeon inched towards the edge and she tilted her head.

“He looks like a shark.” Chaeyeon murmured, recognizing the male as he did laps across the pool. She looked around her and sighed. How the hell was she going to talk to him now?

“Now I feel bad for disturbing him. I should go and let him be his pro swimmer self.” She nodded to herself, the girl took out the bag of cookies she had with her. She dropped them by his phone and walked towards the door.

“Chaeyeon-ah?”

Chaeyeon stopped walking, she ly to find Shownu in the process of taking off his goggles while his head bobbed above the water.

“It’s not actually that deep, right?” She murmured as she walked back towards the pool, Shownu chuckled and stood up straightly. The water was just around his chest now, she nodded and looked away, realizing it was a wrong move.

Why is he so wide? What is he being so loud for?

I get it, he’s well-built. Yeay, you.

Now, I want to go home.

“What brings you here?”

“I—it’s not that important, I don’t want to disturb you. Just go..keep on swimming. It can wait.” She stated, Shownu made a face at her, he swam towards the edge and pulled himself up from the water.

Chaeyeon immediately stepped back.

“What is it? Did something happen?” Shownu walked towards his phone, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks and searched for a robe or a towel.

“N—No, it’s not that.” Chaeyeon had wondered around the benches, in search for a towel.

“Chaeyeon-ah, where are you going?” Shownu sighed and padded after her.

There must be something here!

For crying out loud, expensive facilities but won’t provide a freaking towel?

“Chaeyeon-ah,” He reached for her elbow, Chaeyeon turned and pursed her lips.

“A—Aren’t you cold?” She blurted out, Shownu smiled and leaned over to press his nose at the side of her head.

What can he not do?

He does his work well. He has hobbies.

He’s athletic too.

I should stop staring!

“Hi. What brings you here?” He asked as he walked back towards his bag, he took out a towel and draped it around his shoulders, Chaeyeon exhaled and sat down across him.

“It can wait.”

“Sure, that’s why you’re here, walking in your high heels at the poolside in an all male fitness gym.” Shownu replied, his tone was light, playful even.

“Aren’t you going to..get dressed first?”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Shownu asked as he ran his fingers through his damp hair, Chaeyeon noticed how water droplets trailed down from his jaw to his chest.

“I—I’ll wait outside. Take your time.” She murmured as she stood up, Shownu watched as she waddled away from him.

“Chaeyeon, wait.”

Chaeyeon mentally sighed, she spun around to look at him. Shownu was smiling as the girl walked back to him.

“What?” She said, she almost sounded whiney, but she really wanted to get away from him.

“Wait in my car.” He said as he handed the key to her, Chaeyeon was about to protest but Shownu shushed her.

“I’m not comfortable letting you wait outside alone, it’s all guys here. Go on.” He scrunched his nose at her before going to the locker room.

Chaeyeon stared at the car key in her palm and made her way out of the building.

“Those ladies were right, how is he still single?”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++