029

You Got Me

 

 

 

“So, what did he say?” Minhyuk said with a huge grin as he took small sips of his coffee, Shownu sat down on the leather couch and watched as the two friends chatted.

“I mentioned Monaco, and I could almost see his tail between his legs.” Chaeyeon chuckled, the girl was standing by the windows, admiring the city view.

“Good for him. He has teenage daughter, how could he frequent such a place?”

“Well, screw him.” Chaeyeon shrugged, she turned away from the windows.

“I just came by to tell you that I’m off for the weekend, and to give you your coffee.” Chaeyeon continued, Minhyuk chuckled at her.

“Oh, so you’re still going.”

“Don’t remind me, I still have no idea what my grandmother’s chosen theme. I’ll probably go there in jeans and a shirt.”

“Sure, be like Son Hyunwoo, you might get disowned there too.” Minhyuk commented, Shownu chuckled and looked at the girl.

“Are you sure about this? Once you’re there, there’s no escape.” Chaeyeon said as she picked up her purse, Minhyuk’s brows went up but he didn’t speak.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Chaeyeon-ah. Did you drive here?” Shownu stood up and opened the door for her.

“Yes, you don’t have to walk me downstairs. Call me if director Hong bothers you again.” She said before blowing Minhyuk a kiss, Shownu kissed the side of her head and watched as she left.

“Hyung, you’re getting more obvious everyday.” Minhyuk said as the doors closed, the older male glanced at him briefly.

“Are you going to get in my face like how you did with her ex?”

Minhyuk paused, his eyes narrowed briefly.

“That guy is just pure . Don’t, hyung.”

Shownu nodded and sat down again, Minhyuk his lips, he stood up and took the seat across his cousin.

“Be honest, Son Hyunwoo.”

“What is it?”

“You’re not acting anymore, it doesn’t seem like that anymore.” Minhyuk stated, he saw how Shownu’s eyebrows grew knitted together.

“I…I don’t know what to do, Minhyuk-ah.”

“Telling her might dangerous,” Minhyuk honestly replied, Shownu didn’t say anything.

“Actually, I don’t even know what to tell you, hyung. Usually, I’m able to read what she’s thinking, I’m able to see through how she acts around people, but with you, I…she’s comfortable around you. Chaeyeon’s always been the type to express her feelings freely.”

“And, you can’t see through that?” Shownu said, Minhyuk sensed the tension in his cousin’s voice and his lips curled up.

“She’s comfortable enough to let you kiss her, that’s something. But, that’s how she is with most of her friends. That’s why I’m not sure as well.”

Shownu didn’t speak, he only nodded back at the male.

“It’s hard trying to get together with a girl who knows how to be alone, hyung. She’s always been independent, and she enjoys doing things her own. You…You have to make her want you more than her solitude.”

“I have to get back, I have a meeting in a bit. I’m off for the weekend too.” Shownu said, keeping his tone light. But Minhyuk could sense that his cousin was confused.

Hah, she probably likes you too, you fool.

Son Hyunwoo, you fool.

Shownu stood up, he fixed his tie while walking to the door, but Minhyuk spoke.

“However, hyung, I trust you with my Chaeyeon.”

The male turned to him with an amused grin.

“That guy, he shouldn’t even be in the same room as her. Keep him away from her, hyung.”

Shownu nodded back at him and stepped out of the office, he made his way down the hall and he paused. Somehow, Minhyuk’s words kept on echoing in his head, and with the way his cousin reacted to the Jinyoung, it all irked him. For Minhyuk to actually raise his fist at another person, it still stunned Shownu. He let out a breath and took out his phone, he pressed it to his ear.

“Shownu,” Wonho answered after a couple of rings.

“Look into a person for me,”

“Who?”

“Park Jinyoung.”

 

 

 

“Weekend at a private island with your fake boyfriend. The fake boyfriend who has most of your female cousins salivating over him. sounds perfect, Yeon.”

“Don’t speak like that.” Chaeyeon grimaced as they got off the elevator, the two friends were at the mall.

“I’m only stating facts, I saw them staring at him at the party. Like, staring. Inappropriate as type of staring.”

“Sophia!” Chaeyeon sighed at her, the latter guffawed and followed her into the Versace boutique.

“Let’s be honest here,”

“What now? And no, that dress does not make your s look huge, they’re perfect.”

Soph sighed and crossed her arms, Chaeyeon chuckled and walked towards the display, her eyes scanned through the blouses and shirts before her.

“I mean, do you ever take the time to look at him? I get why even Joori’s mother is staring.”

“Hey!”

“See?”

Chaeyeon sighed, desperately wanting the subject to be dropped, but her friend doesn’t seem like she had plans to.

“Comparing him and your…ex, I’d…I’d actually vote for Son Hyunwoo. I like how he doesn’t hover, you know. I mean, I can see that he does check on you, but, he knows when to give you space. And I know you like that.”

Chaeyeon’s brows went up briefly and she picked out a couple of dresses.

“Jinyoung always called you, even showing up at your meetings.”

“Drop it.”

“Why not give the guy a chance? Would you go out with him?” Sophia followed her into the dressing room.

“Soph, please, he’s~”

“I didn’t know you had the time to do shopping, unnie.”

The two girls halted, Sophia saw Joori making her way towards them.

“Are you two in talking terms already?” Sophia asked, her voice loud enough for the other to hear. Chaeyeon looked away and puffed her cheeks.

“Will we be seeing you tomorrow, unnie?”

“Yes, I’ll be there.” Chaeyeon kept her tone polite, Soph pursed her lips and glanced at her friend.

“Perhaps, you’re not thinking of taking Hyunwoo oppa with you, right?”

Sophia tilted her head.

“Why? Am I not allowed to?”

“No, usually you would talk Minhyuk, but…even halmae asked if you’re going with your boyfriend.” Joori continued with a faint hint of a smirk on her face.

“What do you really want, Joori-ah?”

“I’m just looking out for you, unnie. You shouldn’t be doing this to yourself.”

Sophia grew confused, what was Chaeyeon doing to herself?

“Joo~”

“Come on, everyone already heard about how he took you to a convenience store for lunch. That doesn’t bother you? Your father owns Kia Motors, and as a Shinsegae grandchild, you should be thinking about who you spend your time with.”

Sophia balked at the girl. Joori had no idea who she was talking about.

“Oh, so you also know why I haven’t been spending time with you then.” Chaeyeon retorted, the younger girl paused.

“You might think this is funny, but, unnie, once everyone finds out~”

“Everyone finds out what? That your boyfriend was humping onto this girl behind a club weeks ago?” Sophia stated, Chaeyeon froze and her gaze went to her.

Joori halted, her eyes went to Sophia.

“W-What?”

“So, you see, little girl, stop getting into other people’s businesses. Because you might just hurt yourself in the process.” Sophia winked at her before going inside the fitting rooms.

Chaeyeon looked at her cousin, unsure of what to do.

“W—What did she mean by that, unnie?”

“I saw him, Joori. It was almost a month ago. I was attending this club opening and~”

“And now you’re making things up too, will this make your boyfriend look better in front of our family? I don’t think so.” Joori snapped at her.

“Joori, why are you making everything a competition? Leave Shownu alone.”

“No, you just made things worse, unnie. You even speak of Yugyeom like this, when he’s always been nice to you!”

“Joori, why would I lie?”

“Anything just to make that mechanic of yours look good, unnie. You’re out of your mind.” Joori shot back at her and turned away, Chaeyeon exhaled and shook her head, then Sophia reappeared.

“If only she knew, huh?” Soph stated, Chaeyeon sighed and followed her into the private dressing room.

“Son Hyunwoo. ShinHan Financial Group, also part of the Samsung clan, like what the hell?” Sophia chuckled to herself.

“Leave him alone, miss Wu.”

“Oh, touchy. Joori talking crap about Shownu bothers you, huh?”

Chaeyeon took off her heels, grabbed a couple of dresses and slid the velvet curtains between them, Sophia smiled to herself and sat down.

Like an open book, Oh Chaeyeon.

 

 

 

“Will you be okay home alone? I didn’t know we had filming tonight.” Sehun asked from the other end, Chaeyeon was in the kitchen and she had her brother in speakerphone.

“It’s alright, oppa.”

“Still, you made the help go home early. How about dinner?”

“I ordered in, stop worrying.” She murmured as she walked back to the oven.

“How about you call that hyung over? Son~”

“I’ll be fine, besides I still have some work to finish. Now, can we end this call?”

“Most people would never want to end my call.” Sehun replied, Chaeyeon sighed and tapped on the red icon anyway. She picked up her plate of macaroni and cheese and went up to her room. Chaeyeon walked to her desk and opened her laptop, she went through the sketches and other documents before her. She looked up when her phone started to ring, she picked up the device and halted when she saw the number flashing on the screen. She might have deleted him from her contacts, but she will always remember his phone number.

“No need to play hard to get. You’re my girlfriend.”

Why won’t you let me touch you?

“Why won’t you let me see you”

Chaeyeon flinched and she pushed her phone away from her, she set aside her sketches as her phone continued to ring.

She could hear his voice in her head, it was like a continuous loop. And she hated the fact he still made her feel this way, what was she thinking? Why did she go with him at that party?

She pulled away from her desk and stood up. Chaeyeon walked towards the windows, her eyes went to their front lawn and she exhaled.

“Why is he back in town?” She murmured under her breath, she noticed that her brother left his car parked beside the Maserati.

Chaeyeon paused, the Maserati.

The Maserati Shownu bought for her because she was feeling under weather. Her forehead creased and turned away from the window.

“I can’t tie him down like this. It…It shouldn’t be like this.”

 

 

 

“Then maybe we can push the meeting next Wednesday? GukMin Banking did send their reports regarding the case,” Shownu continued as he made his way towards the lounge, he was on the phone with his secretary.

“Yes, sir, I already informed the chairman regarding this, he mentioned that you will be meeting KangSan director next month.”

Shownu nodded back, he handed his ticket to the lady behind the counter, the latter smiled and ushered him in.

“Yes, then it’s settled. What about the Lotte meeting?” He said as he walked in, he noticed a few familiar faces, one of Chaeyeon’s married cousins waved at him. He smiled back at the lady before setting his backpack down.

“It’s been finalized, sir. Enjoy your trip.”

Shownu chucked his phone back in the pocket of his leather bomber jacket and looked around, he made his way towards the coffee maker. He heard Joori and Yugyeom talking a few seats away and his brows rose briefly.

“You didn’t come together.” Joori spoke from her seat, Shownu looked at her before speaking.

“She had to pass by her office for a bit. She’s already on her way.”

“And you didn’t ask to pick her up, oppa?”

“I offered to, but she said no. You know your cousin.” Shownu replied with a small smile before moving away, he was about to head back to his seat when the sliding doors opened again. Chaeyeon walked in, clad in a pair of baggy denim jeans and a distressed crop top, she had a baseball cap on which hid almost half of her face. Shownu’s brows rose in amusement.

“This is the most casual I’ve seen you.” He commented as he walked to her, Chaeyeon looked up, trying to meet his gaze under her cap.

“Are you okay? Did you sleep well?” He continued, he heard Chaeyeon sigh and the girl shook her head.

“Son Hyunwoo,” She mumbled before going into his jacket and wrapping her arms around his waist. The male paused, but he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

“What happened?” He softly asked as he kissed the top of her head, Chaeyeon huffed again.

“I had to finish a lot of things last night, and my insomnia wanted to say hi too. So, not even coffee can help me.” She said in muffled tones, Shownu let out a small laugh and rubbed small circles on her back soothingly.

“Should I zip you up?” He said jokingly as he tried to zip up his jacket with her still inside.

“Yes, and we can leave without them seeing me.”

“They already saw you.” Shownu mused back, the girl slowly let go of him and took off her cap.

“I look bad, I know.” She rolled her eyes, Shownu scrunched his nose at her and shook his head. He leaned down to brush her hair away from her face.

“Wait, I like this. Is this Zegna?” She grew distracted as she tried to reach the back of his jacket, Shownu let the girl check on the tag.

“It’s comfortable.” He commented as he let go.

“I was right, you look good in Zegna.” She stated as they headed for their seats, Shownu took her backpack from her.

“Joori was looking for you.” Shownu commented as he sat down, Chaeyeon yawned and didn’t react, instead she just inched closer to him.

“What now?”

“Let me sleep for a bit, we still have an hour till boarding, right?” She murmured groggily as she wrapped both of her arms around his, Shownu nodded and gently patted her knee with the same arm.

“I’ll wake you up then, although I know you’re doing this so you don’t have to talk to them.”

“Hmm, you know me so well.” Chaeyeon smiled to herself before leaning her cheek against his shoulder and closing her eyes.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++