034

You Got Me

 

 

“President, how was your trip?” Secretary Yang spoke as her boss walked in the lobby, Chaeyeon gave her a wan smile.

“You heard, huh?”

“Yes, why would you sleep in a yacht? You have a room there, president.” She said, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and they got inside the elevator.

“Moving on, how are the preparations going?” Chaeyeon asked, knowing fully well that fashion week was fast approaching and she had another line to release.

“This is our current mood board for the women’s collection, we have the creative team adding some finishing touches for the catalogues, for the men’s line,”

They stepped out of the elevator while the girl was still browsing through the photos and other files in her hands.

“I’m still having questions for the party, do we invite celebrities too? Do we really want that?”

“You have your brother, president.”

“Ugh.” She shook her head, they reached her office, her secretary held the double doors for her.

“Let’s have PR decide this, whatever they decide on, I’m in.” Chaeyeon said as she handed the folder back to her.

“Of course, you’re in. You’re always in search for ways to stress me out.” A voice added, the two women turned as Chaeyeon’s seat swiveled around.

“Director Lee,” Secretary Yang greeted him and quickly left the room. Chaeyeon grimaced, she took off her jacket and slowly walked to him.

“Hi.”

“Did you have fun? Did you enjoy stressing out one of the most patient men alive?”

“W—Well, I got sleepy and…being around them got tiring.”

“Huh. Does your phone’s company tire you out too?” Minhyuk shot back as he stood up, Chaeyeon quickly hugged her friend, he rolled his eyes but he patted her back.

“What happened? What did hyung do?”

“Helicopters. Samsung men in black suits. It was crazy.” She sighed as she sat down, she turned to her laptop, Minhyuk grinned to himself.

“Not too overbearing for you?” He asked with a sly smile, Chaeyeon was already busy with her laptop.

“No, it was fine.” She murmured distractedly as she started typing, Minhyuk nodded and glanced at her.

“Hyung doesn’t hover, huh?”

“What do you want to ask?” She sighed as her eyes went to him, he chuckled and stood up from the couch.

“I just came by to check on you, I thought you’d arrive in a yacht. But you didn’t, I’m disappointed.” He continued, Chaeyeon threw a pen at him.

“But, Minhyuk-ah,”

He paused and turned to her, he was already by the doors.

“How are things with Soph?” She asked, she noticed how Minhyuk’s brows rose up but he smiled.

“Would you choose Shownu hyung over Park Jinyoung?” He said without pausing, Chaeyeon stopped typing.

“Well?” Minhyuk batted his eyelashes at her.

“Get out.”

 

 

 

Wonho crossed his arms and sat down across his friend, Shownu was on his phone.

“You were being paranoid.” Wonho said with a grin.

“I felt bad for leaving her there. And, you know how she is.”

“I know how she is, she tends to set off and do things on her own. And, I know how you are.”

Shownu glanced at his friend, wary.

“You’re always so calm and in control. But Chaeyeon disappears for a few seconds, you panic.” Wonho chuckled.

“I was doing your job. Drop it.” Shownu stated, Wonho zipped his lips but he was still teasing. His eyes went to the folder between them, he ped his mouth.

“You asked me to look into someone.”

Shownu’s attention went back to him and he put his phone aside.

“Park Jinyoung recently came back here, he was working for his family’s company overseas for quite a while. It’s rumored that he’s permanently back.” Wonho stated as he pointed towards the envelope on the coffee table, the two were at their office in the shop.

“Actually,”

“What’s this? You don’t seem interested.” Wonho commented.

“Chaeyeon doesn’t like talking about him, I don’t know why I called you and asked you to check on him. It’s not my place to meddle.” Shownu said as he slowly pushed the folder towards his friend, Wonho paused, his brows went up.

“Okay, I see your point.” He replied, Shownu nodded back at him.

“But you’re going to hear it anyway,”

Shownu sighed at his friend.

“A couple of years back, records show that he kept on flying in and out of the country. He was visiting a girlfriend.”

Shownu’s brows went up briefly.

“I’m assuming…it was Chaeyeon.” Wonho said as he picked up his coffee.

“But here’s the weird thing,”

“Wonho, stop.” Shownu shook his head at him, he stood up and walked towards the door. Wonho smiled to himself and continued talking.

“But what’s interesting is, someone was getting ready to file a lawsuit against him. I couldn’t find out what it was and the case was never filed. And it was covered up pretty quickly. But that someone came from a big banking company.”

Shownu paused, his hand was already on the doorknob.

“And ever since then Park Jinyoung never flew back to Korea. So, big banking company. Doesn’t that ring a bell?”

“You’re just~”

“It’s clearly Minhyuk. If given the chance, he’d gut the guy.” Wonho chuckled as he stood up and walked to his desk, Shownu’s forehead creased and he stepped out of the room.

 

 

 

“Oppa, hi!” Chaeyeon said as she walked into the shop, she had a bag of snacks with her. Wonho’s head appeared from under the Audi he was fixing.

“Oops, you’re wearing a skirt.” Wonho quickly slid himself under the car again, the girl chuckled and went straight to the counter.

“I brought some of your favorites.”

“See, this is why, Son Hyunwoo doesn’t deserve you.” Wonho mused as he walked to her and wiped the grease on his jeans.

“The very same Son Hyunwoo who told me to come see you.”

“Right, I was so worried when he called me up. As your head of security, you should tell me where you’re off to or if you’re just hiding from humans again.” Wonho chided as he sat down, Chaeyeon smiled and opened a bag of chips for him.

“Soph is coming over in a bit, and I am also here to invite you, again.”

“To where?” Wonho excitedly asked as two cars pulled by the driveway, Shownu appeared, still wearing his corporate work clothes.

“Seoul Fashion Week is coming up, and as usual, I throw a party right in between that.” She said as she handed him a black envelope.

“What’s that? Am I invited too?” Soph chimed in as she hopped to them, the girl was dressed in her usual distressed jeans and hoodie get up.

“Yes, you and you.” She handed Minhyuk his invitation too, the latter made a face at her.

“Have you eaten?” Shownu asked as he reached them, Chaeyeon nodded and he kissed the side of her head before shaking off his coat.

“What’s this?” He asked Wonho while glancing the Audi, it had its hood popped open. Shownu draped his coat over the girl’s shoulders before moving to the car.

“It’s cold out, why are you wearing a skirt?” Minhyuk asked as he picked up a cookie.

“She can wear whatever she wants.” Soph pointed, the male sighed at her.

“If she gets the flu, we’re all going down with her too.” Minhyuk pointed out, Wonho chuckled and left the three to squabble.

“So, what’s the dress code?” Soph asked as she started to snack, Minhyuk helped open a bag of chips before leaving them to take a call.

“Anything but neon. Please.” Chaeyeon mused as she pulled the coat closer to her, Soph smiled, Son Hyunwoo knew that her friend was cold. But knowing Chaeyeon, she would never say that out loud.

“Sure, I’ll be there in orange and hot pink boots.” Sophia said jokingly, she noticed a couple of male customers walk in the shop.

“Chaeyeon-ah, take a look at this.” Wonho called her over, the girl walked to him and also took a peek on the Audi’s engine.

“Wow, this is…oh, did the owner ever think of doing maintenance? Or changing the oil?” She commented, Wonho smiled, being proud.

“Wanna see the interior?”

“I’ll take a look, oppa. There’s clients over there.” She said as she took the fob from him, Chaeyeon walked around the vehicle and opened the trunk. She grimaced as she empty beer bottles, she quickly closed it.

“Do you work here?”

She turned just as a pair of young men walked to her, the girl tilted her head.

“Uhm, not really. The owners~”

“We’re frequent customers, it’s our first time seeing a pretty face around here.” One of them said with a smile. Wonho paused, he was standing by the counter when he noticed the two men approach the girl.

“Oh, two brave souls.” Soph commented with a grin.

“Can we get your name, miss?” The other one took one step closer to her, his friend paused, noticing that the girl had a coat, that was too big for her, draped around her shoulder.

“Actually, I don’t really work here. I know the owners, if you need anything~”

“Are you seeing someone?” His friend pressed on, his eyes still on her.

Soph glanced over at Shownu, he was still speaking with another client, but his eyes would constantly go to Chaeyeon.

“Very brave.” Wonho commented to Sophia, Minhyuk came back inside the shop and noticed the scene.

“Correct, very brave.” Minhyuk mused as he sat down.

“Hey, we should go.” The other male nudged his friend, he was looking at Shownu, it was obvious he finally pieced what was going on.

“Just let me get her name, she’s the reason why we’re here.” His friend chuckled at him, he faced Chaeyeon again.

“So, pretty miss, your name?” He ignored his friend as the latter kept on tugging on his sleeve, his eyes were still on the tall male walking towards them.

“Chaeyeon-ah,”

The two males looked up before she did, the other one winced and took a small step back from her.

“Did you check the engine already?” Shownu casually asked as he walked to her, she nodded back.

“I did. Do you need your coat back?” She asked him, he shook his head at the girl before facing the two men.

“Do you need anything?” Shownu asked them with a polite smile, but the people who were watching the scene unfold didn’t miss how the Samsung kid discreetly put one arm around the girl’s waist.

“N—No, we were just looking around.” The male who kept on asking questions said quickly, Shownu nodded back at him and watched as the two leave.

“What did they want?” Shownu asked, his left eyebrow twitched briefly.

“I don’t know. The other one has bad breath. It was terrible.” She shook her head before walking away from him, Soph and Wonho high-fived before diverting their gazes.

“It’s crazy, they should confess to each other.” Minhyuk stuck his tongue out at Chaeyeon, the girl rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

 

“I saw it, oppa. Congratulations. I’m…really proud of you.” Chaeyeon said as she joined her brother at their home’s outdoor veranda, Sehun smiled at her.

“I’ll be at your party.”

“You sure Dior and Louis Vuitton would allow that?” She joked back, Sehun rolled his eyes and poured some wine for her.

“How was your day? Hectic?” He asked as the girl plopped down on the lounge chair beside him, Chaeyeon sighed.

“Very.”

“I heard about what happened, auntie would not shut up about it.”

“Oh, the family group chat? I’m sure she wouldn’t shut up about it.” Chaeyeon rolled her eyes as she took a sip.

“So, he seems pretty serious about you.” Sehun stated, Chaeyeon shook her head at him.

“It’s not like that, oppa.”

“For you.”

“What?” Chaeyeon glanced at her, Sehun notice a car roll in their curb.

“You think it’s not like that. That’s what you think. What does he think?” Sehun stated, Chaeyeon’s eyes were also on the car, then the driver stepped down. Sehun paused, he saw how sister stopped drinking and she set her glass down.

“Chae~”

“Don’t, oppa. I’ll talk to him.” Chaeyeon stopped him from standing up, the girl exhaled and stepped out of the veranda. Sehun stood up and walked towards the balustrade, Jinyoung was still standing by his car, the male was focused on their front door.

Jinyoung looked up when Chaeyeon appeared by the doors, the girl puffed her cheeks and walked towards him.

“Chaeyeon-ah,”

“Why are you here?” She said as she stopped a few steps away from him, the male his lips before speaking.

“You and I both know we need to talk. We..”

“There is no we.” Chaeyeon heard herself speak, her forehead creased and she looked away.

“Chaeyeon, you left me without saying anything. What…What do you want me to do?”

Sehun pulled away from the balustrade, not wanting to eavesdrop, he was looking at his phone on the glass table.

“If I call Minhyuk now, hell might break loose.” He murmured to himself, although he never understood why his sister’s best friend hated Jinyoung so much, he always had a gut feeling that it was only right to side with the Lee heir on this matter.

Sehun was about to clean up when he noticed another car pull over by their gate, but it didn’t drive in. He realized it was one of those vintage Mustang convertibles, he glanced at his sibling who was still speaking with Jinyoung then back at the car.

“Did Sophia get a new~ Oh.” Sehun halted as he recognized the person behind the wheel, Shownu had his eyes on the two.

Sehun’s pursed his lips and crossed his arms.

“What are you going to do? Intervene.” Sehun murmured, Son Hyunwoo was still staring at the two as they continued to talk. Sehun could see how the older male’s forehead was creased deeply.

“Drive in and run him over.” Sehun murmured again, he paused blinking to himself but his lips started to quirk up.

Sehun followed his gaze, Jinyoung was holding onto his sister’s hand. The eldest Oh looked at the gates again, the Mustang was already gone.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++