021

You Got Me

 

 

 

“So, this friend…you grew up with her?” Shownu asked as he put the car on park, Chaeyeon glanced at the shop before replying.

“Yes. And, we have to run.” She murmured, the girl slid down from the vehicle, Shownu could only watch as she rushed through the doors.

“You!”

Chaeyeon halted by the doors, she could hear footsteps rushing around the shop’s first floor.

“You suggested this? Really? You!” Sophia’s familiar voice echoed through the walls, Chaeyeon ducked just as a screwdriver hit the wall behind her.

“Well, that time it made sense. Look now, she’s safe!”

“She’s safe! You think just because you put a man on her side, she’s safe?” Sophia screeched, Chaeyeon finally saw the two. Soph was standing by the counter, holding onto another screwdriver while Minhyuk was standing behind Shownu’s Mustang.

“You two,” She spoke up, Minhyuk let out a sigh of relief when he saw her.

“You’re letting him do this?” Soph asked, Chaeyeon heard the door swing open behind her.

“I—It’s not that bad. When did you get here? Do not hurt the Mustang.” She said, she felt Shownu standing behind her, he was probably confused. Soph glanced at the car her friend spoke of and rolled her eyes.

“That’s him?” Soph, always the blunt one, spoke, her eyes were on Shownu.

“This is the…screwdriver-wielding friend?” He asked as he placed his palm on her back, Chaeyeon nodded and sighed.

“It’s not as bad as you think.”

“You listened to his drunken suggestion.” Soph pointed out, then they all paused when the door upstairs swung open, Wonho appeared, looking amused.

“So, did anyone die?” He asked while going down the steps, Minhyuk could only stare at him.

“You were there the whole time? I was fighting for my life!” He hollered at him, Wonho waved him off.

Sophia glanced at the new face, Chaeyeon sighed and walked to the girl.

“It’s good to see you again, but please, stop torturing him. He has the tangerines.” She murmured as she took the tool from the other girl. Minhyuk rolled his eyes and slowly approached them.

“But, ever since what happened, everyone has shut up. So, like I said, it’s not that bad.” Chaeyeon explained again, Sophia Wu crossed her arms.

Wonho reached the group, Shownu grinned to himself and plopped down on the couch.

“Wonho oppa,” Chaeyeon waved him over, Minhyuk glanced at Sophia before speaking.

“Meet my migraine, Sophia Wu meet Wonho, Chaeyeon’s Wonho oppa.”

“Hi migraine!” Wonho smiled and stretched his arm to her, the latter blinked back at him but she took his hand.

“Hello, Chaeyeon’s Wonho oppa.” She murmured back, Chaeyeon grinned to himself.

“So, beer?” Chaeyeon pressed her palms together.

“Oh, this is Son Hyunwoo, Soph. Impressive boyfriend.”

Shownu stood up and extended her palm to the girl, Sophia picked up the can of beer of the counter and nodded back at him.

“Be nice.” Chaeyeon pointed out, the girl pursed her lips and shook his offered hand. Wonho giggled to himself and grabbed some snacks.

“When did you get back?” Chaeyeon asked as they sat down.

“A few days ago, I had some work to do and of course, I had to check on some things.” She glanced at the two men briefly, Chaeyeon chuckled and shook her head.

“Minhyuk’s kind of crazy to do this, but if you say it works, then fine.” She took a small sip from her drink and grimaced.

“Look at her, pretending as if she can drink.” Minhyuk mused as he plopped down across them. The Wu girl ignored his comment and looked away from him.

Chaeyeon glanced at Minhyuk and she winked at the male.

“Don’t.” Minhyuk said through gritted teeth, Shownu glanced at them, catching their interaction. Chaeyeon laughed, she stood up and handed him her opened can of beer.

“I can’t stay out too late.”

“Why? Since when did you have a curfew, Oh Chaeyeon?” Sophia asked, Shownu saw how Chaeyeon pause briefly before speaking.

“I don’t. But, for the sake of not bringing the mood down, I won’t answer why.” She mused, Wonho gave her a small wave. Chaeyeon walked around the counter and poked Shownu’s arm, he turned to her with a smile.

“What is it?”

“Can you drive me home? I might have left my wallet at home, taking a cab~”

“No cabs. I’ll drive us back.” Shownu intervened, Soph glanced at the two, her brows going up. Chaeyeon picked up her purse from the counter.

“Oppa, good night. Please don’t let them kill each other.” Chaeyeon said as he gave the older male a hug, Wonho chuckled and patted her back.

“I’ll start the car outside.” Shownu said as he moved ahead, Chaeyeon saw Sophia still watching the male.

“I don’t trust him.” She said with narrowed eyes, Minhyuk laughed.

“You said the same thing when you met Minhyuk. We were seven.” She pointed out.

“Look where it got us now.”

“Hey!” Minhyuk complained, Chaeyeon chuckled and walked away from the group. She could still hear the two arguing as she exited the shop

“It’s nice seeing them fighting like kids again. At least that didn't change.”

 

 

 

“Another party. Shoot me.” Chaeyeon said as she stared at the invitation, her brother grinned from the other line.

“I heard about that.”

“Are you at the market still?”

“Yes, do you need anything?”

Chaeyeon stepped out of her office and nodded at her secretary, she was on her way to a meeting with her company’s PR team and creative director.

“Let’s have steak tomorrow night, oppa.”

“With boiled carrots.” He mused back, Chaeyeon hissed back at him.

“Should we add cucumbers too?” She shot back, the male chuckled in reply.

“Be home early, I know you stayed out late last night.”

“Wow, you now sound like an older brother.”

“Of course, I do. Enjoy the rest of your day, Yeon.”

Chaeyeon put her phone in her blazer’s pocket, the elevator doors slid open and she paused.

“Unnie, I’ve been trying to reach you.”

Secretary Yang glanced at her boss and at her cousin.

“I’m quite busy. You came at a wrong time.”

“Are you going to shrug me off now? Just like how you did to my mother?”

“Did you come here to pick fights?” Chaeyeon grew impatient, Joori exhaled and shook her head.

“What’s going on with you, unnie? Surely, you cannot be taking that..man’s side? I’m just looking out for you.”

“You’re looking out for me by offending me. Who are you to say what’s good enough for me and what’s not?”

“Well, isn’t it true? You’re spending so much time with this person and he doesn’t even~”

“One more word,” Chaeyeon spoke, her tone turned arctic, secretary Yang began to search for Shownu’s number on her phone.

“One more word, Joori. And I’ll have you dragged out of my building. I hope you remember; my company may only be just renting a couple of floors here. But, this building is under my name and Sehun oppa’s.”

Joori froze, her eyes widened.

“I refuse to be dragged into this. Leave me alone.” Chaeyeon tried to sidestep the girl, but Joori spoke again.

“So, does he know? Your past, your ex-boyfriend. Does he think he can fill his shoes then? Everyone adored Jinyoung oppa.”

Chaeyeon stilled, her fists curled tightly and then she opened .

“At least he was adored, unlike your Yugyeom. Even the family dog can’t stand him.”

“You~”

“I’ve always kept thoughts to myself because I don’t want to offend you. But since, we’re doing this now. That’s what I think.”

“Then, what makes you so great, unnie?”

“Nothing. I’m just being myself. You?” Chaeyeon’s lips quirked up, she stepped in the elevator and the doors closed on her cousin.

 

 

 

Shownu leaned back on his seat, out of habit, he reached for his neck and realized that he wasn’t wearing a necktie. His lips curled up slightly and he faced his desk.

“So, the HGH thing is done.” Minhyuk said as he strolled into his office, the older male nodded back at him.

“You seem awkward with her.”

Minhyuk turned his head to his cousin, Shownu was in the process of peeling a tangerine.

“What?”

“The young lady from last night. Sophia Wu.”

Minhyuk’s forehead crumpled and he looked away.

“What are you talking about, hyung?”

Shownu smiled and shrugged, letting it go.

“Did Chaeyeon mention~”

The doors swung open again, Minhyuk stared as his friend marched into the room.

“You will not believe what just happened. That girl waltzes in there, at my own turf, just to tell me off and even~” She halted, her eyes were on Minhyuk.

“Why are you here?”

“Exactly, why are you here? You usually come to rant to me. Not him.” Minhyuk shot back, Shownu looked at the two.

“Right. Well, you both are here so,” She muttered as she walked to Shownu to pick up a tangerine off his desk, the girl chose to make herself comfortable on the arm of the chair he was sitting on. He put one hand on her back as the girl started to eat.

“What happened? You’re almost pink, how pissed were you?” Minhyuk was smiling, Shownu glanced at the girl, sensing her distress.

“Joori. Being an . Ugh.” She murmured in between bites, Shownu tilted his head at the girl. She sighed and leaned her head down slightly.

He smiled before kissing the side of her head and going back to peeling more tangerines from her.

“She was angry because I walked out on her mother the other day. She was trying to pick fights with me.”

“Oh, brave.”

“So, what did you do?” Shownu spoke, Minhyuk smiled to himself.

“I told her I didn’t like her boyfriend.”

“Huh. How did you two even get there?” Minhyuk asked, the girl paused, her eyes widened briefly.

“We just did. And I also told her,”

“Told her what? That you have a new security detail too?” Minhyuk mused, Chaeyeon blinked, confused.

“I do? But, let’s talk about that later,”

Shownu glanced at her again, Wonho probably didn’t tell her yet.

“I also told her that even our grandmother’s dog can’t stand him. Hah!”

“How mature of you, babe. Really, I’m impressed.” Minhyuk stated while clapping his hands, Shownu laughed in response.

“Anyway, Wonho oppa called earlier. Something about a party? At a club? Are you going?” She asked, Minhyuk nodded back at her.

“Take Soph too.”

“I’ll try…contacting her.”

“Let’s go together.” Shownu nudged her, the girl nodded back and fed him a piece of tangerine.

“Anyway, I just came here to tell you my good news.” Chaeyeon slid down from the chair and dusted her skirt down.

“Good news as in, you just fought with Joori?” Shownu stood up as she walked to the doors.

“That, and I just wanted to make sure you’d go to that Shinsegae thing with me because I now have enemies.”

Minhyuk guffawed and Chaeyeon almost threw her shoe at him.

“You got me, don’t worry.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon slid down from the Maserati and looked crossed the street, she had parked right behind Wonho’s car and was thankful he reserved a spot for her. It was the club’s opening, and the whole place was packed. She felt her phone buzz in her purse and she took it out.

Where are you? -Shownu

Chaeyeon typed in a quick reply, informing him that she was already outside before crossing the street, her nose scrunched at the huge crowd gathered at the establishment’s entrance. She made her way around the building, looking the other door Wonho had mentioned.

Chaeyeon grimaced getting a little impatient, she was about to call Wonho when she heard groans coming from the alley ahead of her, her brows went up. The girl curiously moved forward and the grunts grew more audible to her.

And then she froze.

She could recognize Yugyeom’s side profile under the yellow streetlight as he ed into the girl again. She was pinned against the wall as they continued to clash tongues, the girl’s arms were wrapped around him and she let out a loud sigh as the male slumped into her.

Chaeyeon was about to turn away when her phone started to ring.

Son Hyunwoo and his impatient self!

“Ch—Chaeyeon noona!Yugyeom blurted out as he pulled away from the girl, Chaeyeon could only stare back at him before turning away from the scene. She struggled with her heels and the damp pavement, but she had her eyes on the club’s backdoor.

“Noona, wait!” Yugyeom was jogging after her, Chaeyeon grimaced, wanting to unsee it all. But she couldn’t, and all she wanted to do was get away from Joori’s boyfriend whom she had just seen hump another girl a few seconds ago.

The girl almost smiled as she was near the doors, but she felt someone yank her back by wrist. And in that instant, she gasped, Yugyeom made her face him.

“Noona, I can explain. T—that was just…nothing, we got drunk and~”

“Yugyeom, let go.” She choked as she tried to pull her hand back, the male wouldn’t budge. Chaeyeon felt her chest tighten and her lips quivered.

“Noona, please hear me out,” He said as he continued to pull the girl with him, Chaeyeon started to panic. He just wouldn’t let go.

“No need to play hard to get. You’re my girlfriend.”

Why won’t you let me touch you?

“Why won’t you let me see you?”

Chaeyeon was panting as she continued to tug back, but Yugyeom just kept on pulling her towards the alley.

“Noona, please, that was just~”

“Yu—Yugyeom-ah, p—lease let g—go.” She looked up to face him, and then it happened. Yugyeom’s hand was literally ripped off her and then he was being pushed against the wall.

“She doesn’t want to go with you.” A somewhat familiar voice stated, Chaeyeon steadied herself and looked at the men before her. Shownu had his gaze on him as he held onto the front of the younger male’s shirt. Yugyeom grimaced as Shownu pressed his fist against the front of his chest, he let out a cough as he struggled to breathe.

“And she said to let go.” He stated next, Chaeyeon let out a shaky breath and looked away from them.

“H—Hey,” She spoke, she felt Shownu’s gaze on her and she could see how his forehead grew knitted together as Yugyeom struggled under his grip. Chaeyeon was very aware that if Shownu did lose his cool, then Yugyeom would need an ambulance in a bit.

“Let him go.” She spoke, she saw Wonho standing by the doors, looking on with his arms crossed.

“Did he hurt you?” Shownu’s eyes went to her arms, she shook her head and hid them behind her.

“Son Hyunwoo, please.” She said again, Shownu dropped the male and Yugyeom sagged down to the pavement, gasping for air.

“N—Noona, l—let me explain~” Yugyeom called for her, but Shownu was already covering the girl’s view of him. Chaeyeon closed her eyes as he stood before her.

“Chaeyeon-ah, what happened?” Shownu cupped her cheek softly, he halted when Chaeyeon flinched at his touch.

“I’m sorry.” He blurted out and dropped his hands to his sides. Chaeyeon finally opened her eyes and met his gaze, she didn’t notice how two men in dark suits were hauling Yugyeom away from them.

“I just…I just….” She winced trying to grasp her thoughts, Shownu noticed how her frown deepened and he grew confused.

“I need a minute.” She finally breathed, Shownu nodded back at her and then the girl pressed her forehead against his chest.

His eyes widened for a few seconds and, but he slowly laced his fingers with hers, he felt Chaeyeon’s shoulders relax and he leaned down to kiss the top of her head.

“You can take as much time you need.” He murmured, Chaeyeon didn’t speak but she just gave his hand a squeeze.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++