022

You Got Me

 

Shownu shut the door behind him and watched as Chaeyeon looked around the room, Wonho looked uneasy as he took a seat on one of the couches.

“Oppa, this is your office?” She spoke, her voice still a little shaky.

“It’s something like that, I don’t really stay here. And, it can get really noisy downstairs.” Wonho explained, he jutted his lips over the tinted glass panel. Chaeyeon glanced at the crowd downstairs, she nodded back.

“Chaeyeon-ah, what~” Wonho paused when he felt Shownu’s gaze on him, the latter shook his head.

“Yes?”

“Nothing, do you want anything to drink?” Wonho asked, he walked towards the minibar inside the room, Shownu saw Chaeyeon put her purse down before speaking.

“I’ll go get something downstairs. I need something sweet,” She said, Wonho smiled at her.

“Okay.”

Chaeyeon passed by Shownu on her way to the door, his brows rose at her. Chaeyeon pursed her lips before speaking.

“I might need a lot of alcohol tonight, anything just to erase that image in my head.” She murmured as she stood before him.

“Does that hurt?” Shownu’s eyes were on her wrist, it had gone red where Yugyeom was pulling on her earlier, she hid her arm behind her back.

“Thank you for being impatient and stepping out to look for me.” She said, Shownu made a show of shrugging his shoulders and she chuckled.

“I mean it. You don’t need to accompany me downstairs.” Chaeyeon reached out to cup his cheek briefly before leaving the room.

Wonho sighed and put his glass down.

“What was that? How dare that scrawny twerp lay his hands on her?”

Shownu shook his head and sat down on the couch, he poured himself some whiskey and exhaled. The doors opened and he looked up.

“Yes, sir?” The male asked, Wonho glanced at his friend.

“Chaeyeon joined the crowd downstairs, don’t follow her. But, make sure she’s safe and that no one bothers her.” Shownu said, the male nodded and quickly left the room.

“I’m telling you, you stare too much.” Wonho said after being silent for a few seconds, he could sense Shownu’s discomfort.

“What am I supposed to do? Not look at her when she’s talking to me?”

“No, but you’re always looking at her, even when she’s not speaking to you. Your eyes are on her.”

Shownu turned quiet again and he gently pushed his drink away from him, Wonho smiled to himself.

“Chaeyeon’s something, huh?” Wonho added, he felt Shownu glanced at him briefly.

“She is.”

“You’re confused.” Wonho stated, Shownu swallowed before speaking.

“I think I am.”

Wonho smiled to himself again.

“Ask her out.”

“I like being her friend, I don’t want to scare her away.” Shownu stated, Wonho’s brows went up but he nodded.

“Well, being her friend sure scared the daylights out of her cousin’s boyfriend.” Wonho laughed, the doors swung open and Minhyuk appeared.

“I got your text, what happened?” He demanded.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon let out shaky breath as the bartender left her after taking her order, she leaned back on the stool and closed her eyes.

She was trying to push the feeling of his hands on her, she knew it was all just in her head. And that he would never be able to hurt her again. He was far away.

But being dragged like that again, having someone restrict you from moving away, it made her panic. She couldn’t breathe properly and she hated that.

“Why are you down here? I thought your oppa ran this place.”

She turned just as Sophia sat down beside her, she had a small smile on her face as she called for the bartender. Chaeyeon her lips before speaking.

“Wonho oppa kind of owns the place. I’m glad you decided to come.”

“Minhyuk wouldn’t shut up about it.” The girl replied as she took a small sip from Chaeyeon’s drink. The latter nodded and glanced at the room upstairs, the tinted glass panels made it difficult to see their friends, but somehow it felt reassuring to know that they were there.

“He’s there. Watching over you.” Sophia commented, Chaeyeon turned to her, her brows rising up.

“Who? Some higher being?”

Sophia scoffed, her drink arrived and she took a long sip.

“Is that what we’re going to call him?”

“What?”

“Nothing. What’s up? Minhyuk sounded weird on our way here. Did something happen? His cousin kept on calling.”

Chaeyeon sighed and chewed the insides of her cheek.

“Shownu and I didn’t arrive together, I had a difficult time searching for the other entrance,” Chaeyeon continued, she spotted Yugyeom amongst the crowd, her brows rose when she saw Joori walking to him. The older girl winced and slowly lowered her head, Soph followed her gaze.

“So, what happened before? Why is your cousin dressed like Grover from Sesame Street?”

“I found the entrance, but, I heard these weird sounds. I thought a cat got trapped in the dumpster, but no,”

“It was a dog?”

“I hope it was, but it was Yugyeom and he was…giving his all to this other..girl.” Chaeyeon

Sophia started to laugh on her seat, Chaeyeon eyed her warily and slapped his arm.

“I mean, come on, Yeon. Of all the people who could have witnessed that, it had to be you. What are you waiting for? Joori’s right over there.”

Sophia paused when she saw Chaeyeon cross her arms, she glanced over at Joori and Yugyeom again.

“What’s this?” She murmured, Chaeyeon exhaled and shook her head at the girl.

“I don’t care.”

“Hey, that’s Joori, she’s~ Did something happen?” Sophia asked, she grew curious. The two cousins have always been close, but seeing how Chaeyeon didn’t seem to give a damn, something was definitely up.

“What happened to your wrist?” She decided to switch topics, Chaeyeon only shook her head at her.

“Let’s go upstairs, it’s so noisy out here.”

 

 

 

“He was pulling her?” Minhyuk echoed, Shownu nodded back at his cousin. He saw how Minhyuk’s forehead creased and he cursed under his breath.

“Why? Did..something happen to Chaeyeon?” Wonho asked, Shownu leaned back on his seat and checked his phone.

“N—No, it’s not like that. But, hyung,”

Shownu’s eyes went to his cousin again, he noticed how Minhyuk struggled to choose his words before speaking.

“Chaeyeon…Chaeyeon doesn’t like being pulled, especially by her hands or wrists. She hates that.”

“She did react badly when that twerp was holding onto her.” Wonho voiced out, Shownu slowly nodded back at the younger male.

“But, I know Yeon trusts you already, I don’t think she’d mind with you, but please be a little~” Minhyuk halted when the doors swung open.

“Hi, headache! Hi, migraine!”

“Since when did she become your migraine? You already took my headache.” Minhyuk hissed at his friend, Shownu heard Chaeyeon laugh and he relaxed on the couch.

“This is a pretty cool place, Wonho oppa.” Soph spoke as she greeted him, Minhyuk gasped at her.

“You can’t call him that!”

“Why not? He’s older than me.” Sophia rolled her eyes at him as she joined Wonho by the minibar, Minhyuk marched towards them.

“I’m older than you too!”

“You don’t count.”

Chaeyeon let the two bicker while Wonho looked on, amused. She exhaled as she plopped down beside Shownu, she felt his gaze on the side of her face.

“Did you have enough alcohol?” He asked her, Chaeyeon’s lips curled up and she inched closer to him, Shownu felt the girl wrap both of her arms around his and she leaned her cheek against his shoulder.

“I wish I didn’t see that. What do I do now, Son Hyunwoo?” She whispered as she stared at the view of the dancing crowd before them.

“That counts as cheating, right?”

“Do I really have to answer that?” Shownu replied lightly, sensing her discomfort. She exhaled and closed her eyes before speaking again.

“If I tell her, she won’t believe me, she hates me now, you know.”

“How did you two get in an argument?” Shownu asked, placing his hand on her knee, the girl rolled her eyes.

“Do you really want to know?”

“If it bothers you this much, I’d like to.” Shownu continued. From the bar, Sophia paused while the two guys spoke, she looked at her friend and Shownu and her brows went up. It was obvious that Chaeyeon was talking or complaining to him, while the male was just nodding along but he was looking at the girl’s reflection on the glass panels across them.

It’s in the eyes, they never lie.

And Chaeyeon was holding onto him, probably for comfort. Sophia smiled to herself and looked away.

“Joori doesn’t approve of you. The irony, huh?” Chaeyeon said, she felt Shownu turned his head slightly.

“Why?”

“Promise me that you won’t laugh. But you can judge them, go ahead.” She said, the girl pulled away and shifted on her seat so that she was facing him.

“Okay, I’ll try to…judge.” Shownu smiled, relieved that the girl seems to be feeling better, and then he slowly reached out to look at her pinkish wrist.

“That’s fine, don’t worry.” Chaeyeon said to him, Shownu paused, worried that she’d pull back but her hand remained on his, he nodded and held onto it as she spoke.

“They don’t know who you are. I think I did mention that you’re cousins with Minhyuk, but she probably forgot. So,”

“So, why?”

“She thinks I shouldn’t be dating some random mechanic. That’s it. Go ahead, judge them.” She rolled her eyes, Shownu let out a chuckle.

“You said you wouldn’t laugh.”

“You got mad over that, president?”

“She said other things, but I don’t want you to hear that. I just don’t understand her logic, so what? Who is she to say that? I can go out with whoever I want. I mean, look at her boyfriend, just minutes ago he was humping his all at the back alley~”

“Chaeyeon, come on. Stop it with the details!” Minhyuk groaned, Wonho and Soph burst out laughing.

“It’s not like I’m making this up.” She shot back, Shownu smiled and he leaned over to kiss the side of her head. Sophia looked away and smiled to herself again.

He’s not even hiding it, what an idiot.

“I’ll get us something to eat.” He said as he stood up, Chaeyeon scrunched her nose.

“What do you feel like eating?”

“Hyung, I want pizza.”

“I didn’t ask you.”

“Hey!”

“Pizza sounds good, greasy food is the best.” Chaeyeon said, Shownu picked up his coat and stepped out of the room. The girl stood up and took her seat beside Wonho.

“Oppa?”

“Yes, headache?”

“Heart and bunny emojis, really?” She asked, Wonho turned to her, surprised.

“I’m offended that you realized just now.”

“What’s this?” Soph nudged Minhyuk, the latter shook his head.

“This big guy has assigned himself to be Chaeyeon’s head of security.”

Sophia laughed, Minhyuk’s eyes went to the girl, his brows went up before immediately looking away.

“Head of security. Me.” Wonho said proudly.

“How did I even afford you?”

“You afforded me with your love, Chaeyeonie.”

“Oh, god. I’ll just go with Son Hyunwoo.” She muttered before speeding away from the table, the girl left the room in seconds.

“So,” Soph stretched her arms, the two males looked at her.

“I guess your crazy idea isn’t so bad after all, Lee Minhyuk.”

 

 

 

“Is this right?” Chaeyeon murmured as she leaned against the Mustang, Shownu grinned at her and placed the box of pizza on the hood.

“I got the text from your secretary, you don’t have to be so nice to me. I’ll be at that lunch thing tomorrow.” She said to him, Shownu glanced at her.

“I’ll put on my best dress too.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” He softly asked, Chaeyeon puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms.

“I just had a little..panic attack. Because, you know I just..it was too graphic for me. I couldn’t process it well.” She stammered, Shownu nodded and stood beside the girl.

“I’m weird, I know.”

“You’re you.” Shownu replied while nudging her, the girl picked up a slice and started eating.

“Does it bother you that your relatives think bad about me?” Shownu asked, Chayeeon turned to him.

“Actually, I don’t care. Do you want me to correct them?” She asked, then the girl tilted her head.

“Wait, why should we even bother? We’re a fraud. A fake.” She laughed, Shownu paused, his forehead creased briefly and picked up a slice.

“Right.” He said before taking a bite.

“Hey,”

“Hmm?”

“Want to meet my brother? I told him about us.” She said, Shownu nodded back at her while chewing.

“I’ll come up with something then.” She chuckled, and then she looked around them.

“What is it?”

“Come here,” Chaeyeon spoke, Shownu wordlessly walked back to her, and then the girl suddenly leaned in to brush the bits of cheese and crust off the side of his lips.

“They didn’t give us napkins.” She hummed, Shownu tensed as the girl’s fingers caressed his lips.

“A—Aren’t you cold?” He said as the girl stepped away from him, Chaeyeon was wearing a pale pink spaghetti strap dress that showed a lot of leg.

“One must suffer for fashion. Except you, neckties suffer in your hands.”

Shownu smiled, he took off his coat and draped it around her.

“What do I do, Son Hyunwoo? Do I tell her?”

“What do you want to do?” Shownu said, Chaeyeon sighed at him before leaning against the car again.

“Not helpful. You’re too nice.”

“Want me to take your side?”

“Like Minhyuk, badmouth them too.” Chaeyeon mused, knowing that he would never be able to do it. Shownu laughed and picked up another slice.

“But, Chaeyeon-ah,”

Chaeyeon looked at him.

“Maybe, if you run into him, it’s best to avoid him. You don’t have to talk him.” Shownu said, the girl slowly nodded back.

“He’s not your boyfriend, he’s not even family. You’re not required to interact with him.”

“Ah, so this is it,” Chaeyeon voiced out, Shownu looked at her.

“What?”

“The whole “I wont allow you to talk this to person our you’ll be in trouble” speech.”

“It’s not like that. If he makes you uncomfortable, then why talk to him?” Shownu mused back, Chaeyeon blinked at him.

“R—Right. You make sense. As usual.” She murmured, Shownu smiled, he picked up the box from the car’s hood.

“If you’re okay with talking to him, that’s fine. But, if he bothers you again, call me.” He said as they walked back towards the club, Chaeyeon hooked arms with him.

“I might just do that, you know.”

“You have my number, president.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++